PDA

View Full Version : Windows 7 theme for Windows 10

blux
September 28th, 2016, 02:14 PM
Can ayone help me please ? Not for free, of course.
I want to use my Windows 7 x64 theme, for Windows 10, i like this theme
Would you have a look, please ? I attached here the visual style.
Thank you

Dark Knight
September 28th, 2016, 02:18 PM
Can ayone help me please ? Not for free, of course.
I want to use my Windows 7 x64 theme, for Windows 10, i like this theme
Would you have a look, please ? I attached here the visual style.
Thank you

I have downloaded it, am kind of busy this afternoon but I will see if I can port it for you later on this evening.

blux
September 28th, 2016, 02:30 PM
Thanks a million, Dark Knight
I would be really happy to use this theme on Windows 10, especially the minimize / maximize / close buttons
As i said, i do not expect it for free

Dark Knight
September 29th, 2016, 05:53 PM
Thanks a million, Dark Knight
I would be really happy to use this theme on Windows 10, especially the minimize / maximize / close buttons
As i said, i do not expect it for free

I have your theme ported to Windows 10 RS1, However I need a screen shot of the same theme on Windows 7 if you have one so I can compare to make sure everything is right.

Also, I don't know if you use SIB or not but there is no start orb with this theme?? if you have one I can put it in with the theme.

Sorry it took so long, I know I said I'd have it done yesterday evening but my prior engagements ran longer than I expected.

blux
September 29th, 2016, 06:14 PM
Could you, please, attache here some printscreens ?
Thats the one i use it right now ( start button )

Dark Knight
September 29th, 2016, 06:35 PM
Could you, please, attache here some printscreens ?
Thats the one i use it right now ( start button )

Here are a couple of screens of it on RS1, keep in mind I have no idea how this theme is supposed to look because I have never ran it before. Also, I changed the start orb because the bmp file you sent me does not act correctly because of the black background. Also The blue areas going down the sides of the open windows is from aeroglass, because I am running a beta copy of it, if you run it without aeroglass I am sure those blue areas will not be there.

Also the theme you uploaded had no explorerframe.dll folder in it, this is the folder that contains the forward and back button images for Windows Explorer, so the theme as is is right now uses the windows default buttons, matter of fact the theme you uploaded did not contain much just the basic .theme and .msstyle, I really need to know what this theme looked like in Windows 7 when you ran it, in order to do a proper job on it because there are just too many variations of this theme floating around the web.

blux
September 29th, 2016, 06:59 PM
On Windows 7 it looks like this
I dont really care about the Start button
The taskbar with the visual style i uploaded yestarday for you, it's very tiny ( love it )

Dark Knight
September 29th, 2016, 09:01 PM
It's going to take a little while, the start menu is not cooperating :sigh:

Dark Knight
September 30th, 2016, 02:07 PM
What I am going to do here is upload both the Windows 7 version and Windows 10 RS1 version here, the RS1 version is usable but there are issues with the open/close/restore/maximize buttons and also the start menu will not size properly.

I am sorry, Rather than make you wait all weekend and into next week because I have to work, I am sure there are others here that can straighten this out real quick, I am going to ask that someone grab this and help blux out, I am sure someone with good knowledge of WSB can get the problems I outlined about fixed real quick.

Shemhamforash
October 1st, 2016, 03:29 AM
What I am going to do here is upload both the Windows 7 version and Windows 10 RS1 version here, the RS1 version is usable but there are issues with the open/close/restore/maximize buttons and also the start menu will not size properly.

I am sorry, Rather than make you wait all weekend and into next week because I have to work, I am sure there are others here that can straighten this out real quick, I am going to ask that someone grab this and help blux out, I am sure someone with good knowledge of WSB can get the problems I outlined about fixed real quick.

I tried to fix it, same problems here:

Dark Knight
October 1st, 2016, 02:05 PM
I tried to fix it, same problems here:

Yeah, I know, WTF? I played with it for hours and for the life of me could not make that start menu look right.

You know what Blux, I found the same theme here http://sagorpirbd.deviantart.com/art/Snow-Leopard-for-Win10-Final-597506988

You might want to give it a try.

October 1st, 2016, 04:19 PM
Yeah, I know, WTF? I played with it for hours and for the life of me could not make that start menu look right.

You know what Blux, I found the same theme here http://sagorpirbd.deviantart.com/art/Snow-Leopard-for-Win10-Final-597506988

You might want to give it a try.

nice find, thanks a lot

blux
October 2nd, 2016, 08:08 PM
Ok, thank you very much for helping me, Dark Knight
I will try the one from the link

gsw953
October 2nd, 2016, 11:00 PM

I had a look at the start menu
You need to add DEFAULTPANELSIZE to Places List

blux
October 3rd, 2016, 08:39 PM
what about the minimize / maximize / close buttons, gsw953 ?
thank you

blux
October 8th, 2016, 11:52 PM
what about the minimize / maximize / close buttons, gsw953 ?
thank you
So, those buttons can't be changed ?

Shemhamforash
October 8th, 2016, 11:53 PM
So, those buttons can't be changed ?

I tried, nothing made a difference it seems. There probably is a way but it wasn't working using Style Builder on it's own. They just looked the same (or worse), and I've managed to fix up caption buttons in other themes to variable degrees of success.

Edit: Problem with the DWM frames and explorer address bar too. Here's the best I could get them using the H2O system metrics. They still look bad in their "hot" state.

Where did you find this theme anyhow?

blux
October 9th, 2016, 01:08 AM
I don't understand why is not possible.
I found this theme somewhere, i'm not sure, but i love it, it looks awesome.

Shemhamforash
October 9th, 2016, 01:12 AM
I don't understand why is not possible.

Well maybe you should use Style Builder yourself to see why. All I can tell you is changing the values has no effect the same way it works for other themes. There are many other problems with the theme too. You have not shared the source of the theme either, so it's missing parts like control panel images and explorer buttons. The theme is incomplete without these aspects.

blux
October 9th, 2016, 11:49 AM
" missing parts like control panel images and explorer buttons "
what missing parts do you mean ??
By the way, what about some other OS X close / minimize / maximize / buttons ?
Something like OS X Snow Leopard / Maverick /
Like those, for example :
http://make-a-mac.deviantart.com/art/LIM-Leopard-for-win7-152757435

Shemhamforash
October 9th, 2016, 12:05 PM
" missing parts like control panel images and explorer buttons "
what missing parts do you mean ??
By the way, what about some other OS X close / minimize / maximize / buttons ?
Something like OS X Snow Leopard / Maverick /
Like those, for example :
http://make-a-mac.deviantart.com/art/LIM-Leopard-for-win7-152757435

What I mean is that in your screenshots of using the theme on Windows 7 it appears to have some explorer buttons for example back and forward. There should be a folder with the windows 7 theme called explorerframe.dll where these are, separate from the msstyles. The missing control panel images should be in a folder called shell32.dll. In windows 7 those parts were changed with the theme resource changer app. Now that you mention it, that's not a bad idea to use those images from a similar theme, same with wallpapers and sounds. I'll put those parts together than I can post it here and if you want anything modified it will be easy enough to do. I will disable aero glass to see if it fixes the border shadows and see what I can do about the address bar in explorer, as you can see in my one screenshot it is covered up by some Mac style view buttons for some reason.

Shemhamforash
October 9th, 2016, 12:45 PM
I think you may just be better off using sagorpirbd's mac themes, since you'd use a bunch of another theme's parts anyways http://sagorpirbd.deviantart.com/ :peace:

blux
October 9th, 2016, 01:30 PM
I have the explorerframe.dll and imageres.dll as well, i replaced them some time ago
Should i upload them ?
Thank you for your help, anyway

Shemhamforash
October 9th, 2016, 01:31 PM
I have the explorerframe.dll and imageres.dll as well, i replaced them some time ago
Should i upload them ?
Thank you for your help, anyway

Upload the whole theme folder including shell32.dll if you have it. Don't delete any folders from the original theme.

blux
October 9th, 2016, 02:21 PM
Did you receive the PM ?

Shemhamforash
October 9th, 2016, 07:09 PM
http://virtualcustoms.net/showthread.php/73788-Snow-Leopard-for-Windows-10-Anniversary-Update-aka-Redstone-One
Edit: You mentioned in the OP you don't expect it for free, if you still feel you want to give some money, please donate to Virtual Customs, anything helps :smile:

blux
October 9th, 2016, 08:44 PM
Can you upload some screenshots, please ?

Shemhamforash
October 9th, 2016, 09:05 PM
Can you upload some screenshots, please ?

Check the link...

http://virtualcustoms.net/attachment.php?attachmentid=75771&d=1476039473