PDA

View Full Version : Windows 10 rs1 lock screen won't disable and titlebar color resets

Wolfy
October 4th, 2016, 07:39 PM
I have made the settings to disable the win10 lock screen which appears before the logon screen in both gpedit and regedit and it refuses to go away! I'm using the pro version of win10 if that makes any difference. Can anyone tell me how to kill this damn thing?

Also every time I login to my account the titlebar color resets from my custom theme to a blue titlebar and creates a new unsaved themefile. I ran the registry hacks for DWM Black Color.reg and RemoveDefaultColors.reg which mr grim provided in his original win10 theme thread. Is it possible they are not compatible with rs1 and causing the issue? I'll copy the text of the files so someone that knows what they are doing can take a look at them.

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[-HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Themes\DefaultColors]

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\DWM]
"ColorizationGlassAttribute"=dword:00000001
"ColorizationColorInactive"=dword:c41f1f1f
"ColorizationColor"=dword:d91f1f1f
"ColorizationColorBalance"=dword:00000064
"ColorizationAfterglow"=dword:d91f1f1f
"ColorizationAfterglowBalance"=dword:0000000a
"ColorizationBlurBalance"=dword:fffffff6
"EnableWindowColorization"=dword:00000001

And the second one:

[-HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Themes\DefaultColors]

Please help, these issues are driving me crazy!

Wolfy
October 4th, 2016, 07:40 PM
Every time I login to my account the titlebar color resets from my custom theme to a blue titlebar and creates a new unsaved themefile. I ran the registry hacks for DWM Black Color.reg and RemoveDefaultColors.reg which mr grim provided in his original win10 theme thread. Is it possible they are not compatible with rs1 and causing the issue? I'll copy the text of the files so someone that knows what they are doing can take a look at them.

And the second one:

Dark Knight
October 4th, 2016, 08:23 PM
Every time I login to my account the titlebar color resets from my custom theme to a blue titlebar and creates a new unsaved themefile. I ran the registry hacks for DWM Black Color.reg and RemoveDefaultColors.reg which mr grim provided in his original win10 theme thread. Is it possible they are not compatible with rs1 and causing the issue? I'll copy the text of the files so someone that knows what they are doing can take a look at them.

And the second one:

If you are running RS1 ( Windows version 1607 ) and you are trying to run themes designed for 1507 you are running a theme that is not compatible with your current build and probably whey you are experiencing trouble, that is why we put build numbers on the forums for themes we post.

Uninstall those themes and download and install the Windows Black themes designed for RS 1 from here:
http://virtualcustoms.net/showthread.php/72255-Windows-10-Black-Edition-for-Windows-10-Anniversary-Update-aka-Redstone-One

Wolfy
October 4th, 2016, 08:39 PM
If you are running RS1 ( Windows version 1607 ) and you are trying to run themes designed for 1507 you are running a theme that is not compatible with your current build and probably whey you are experiencing trouble, that is why we put build numbers on the forums for themes we post.

Uninstall those themes and download and install the Windows Black themes designed for RS 1 from here:
http://virtualcustoms.net/showthread.php/72255-Windows-10-Black-Edition-for-Windows-10-Anniversary-Update-aka-Redstone-One

Nope, the theme I'm using is designed for rs1. The registry hacks are from th1 though so I'm wondering if they broke it.

Dark Knight
October 4th, 2016, 08:58 PM
Nope, the theme I'm using is designed for rs1. The registry hacks are from th1 though so I'm wondering if they broke it.

Then why are you asking this question in the 1507 thread, the question needs to be moved to the appropriate forum (1607).

Go to > All Settings > Personalization

Make sure you have unchecked "Automatically pick an accent color from my background"

Also make sure "show color on start, taskbar, and action center" is turned off.

Wolfy
October 4th, 2016, 09:04 PM
Then why are you asking this question in the 1507 thread, the question needs to be moved to the appropriate forum (1607).

Go to > All Settings > Personalization

Make sure you have unchecked "Automatically pick an accent color from my background"

Also make sure "show color on start, taskbar, and action center" is turned off.

Because the registry hacks I used were provided in this thread so I figured this would be the spot to go to get the reg files to reverse them.

Edit: took the steps you instructed and they were all already set that way. I did notice my accent color is set to blue and if I enable those options it immediately turns the bars related to them blue. I don't see any way to make black my accent color though. (The theme does it every time I apply it though)

Dark Knight
October 4th, 2016, 09:09 PM
Because the registry hacks I used were provided in this thread so I figured this would be the spot to go to get the reg files to reverse them.

Edit: took the steps you instructed and they were all already set that way. I did notice my accent color is set to blue and if I enable those options it immediately turns the bars related to them blue. I don't see any way to make black my accent color though.

Don't think it's the reg hacks, I've been using the same hacks since RTM and have had no problems.

Did you check the settings I mentioned above? Make sure you check all your settings in StartIsBack also.

dhjohns
October 4th, 2016, 09:09 PM
Nope, the theme I'm using is designed for rs1. The registry hacks are from th1 though so I'm wondering if they broke it.Run my All in One installer. It will install Mr Grim's black themes or overwrite them if you have them, but it WILL fix that problem. http://virtualcustoms.net/showthread.php/72627-Windows-10-All-In-One-Installer-with-Uninstaller

Wolfy
October 4th, 2016, 09:18 PM
Don't think it's the reg hacks, I've been using the same hacks since RTM and have had no problems.

Did you check the settings I mentioned above? Make sure you check all your settings in StartIsBack also.

Yes:
"took the steps you instructed and they were all already set that way. I did notice my accent color is set to blue and if I enable those options it immediately turns the bars related to them blue. I don't see any way to make black my accent color though."

Just checked SSB++ and I was two versions behind. Updated it to fix that and will log on/off to check if that did anything. I'm not sure which settings I need in SSB++ but I never had the issue in TH2 with the settings:
"Use custom start menu coloring", "use custom taskbar coloring", and "hide user account picture" enabled.

Wolfy
October 4th, 2016, 09:21 PM
Run my All in One installer. It will install Mr Grim's black themes or overwrite them if you have them, but it WILL fix that problem. http://virtualcustoms.net/showthread.php/72627-Windows-10-All-In-One-Installer-with-Uninstaller

Is there any way to just fix that issue though? I have everything else set up the way I like it and my UltraUXThemePatcher is two versions ahead of the last listed version used in this all in one installer.

dhjohns
October 4th, 2016, 09:50 PM
Is there any way to just fix that issue though? I have everything else set up the way I like it and my UltraUXThemePatcher is two versions ahead of the last listed version used in this all in one installer.Run these two registry files. You are only one version ahead in the UltraUXThemePatcher. There was v3.1.4 released yesterday, and this uses v3.1.3 which is included in the Theme install actually.7574075741

dhjohns
October 4th, 2016, 09:54 PM
I doubt that the creator of UltraUXThemepatcher has done more than just allow it to be installed on W10 build 14936. I actually installed his previous build on 14393, and took those files, and incorporated them into the theme installation program.

Wolfy
October 4th, 2016, 09:56 PM
Run these two registry files. You are only one version ahead in the UltraUXThemePatcher. There was v3.1.4 released yesterday, and this uses v3.1.3 which is included in the Theme install actually.7574075741

Fairly certain those are the exact reg file changes I listed in my initial post but I ran them again just to be sure.

Wolfy
October 4th, 2016, 11:45 PM
Upon closer inspection the .reg files are different!

vs

[-HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Themes\DefaultColors\Standard]

So that means the newest one deletes only the defaultcolors standard folder but the original deletes all of defaultcolor. I believe somewhere in there is where the black titlebar setting gets saved so I probably need to restore the entire thing so I can delete only what I want somehow.

October 4th, 2016, 11:49 PM

Edit: took the steps you instructed and they were all already set that way. I did notice my accent color is set to blue and if I enable those options it immediately turns the bars related to them blue. I don't see any way to make black my accent color though. (The theme does it every time I apply it though)

actually the help section is where you should be posting this,but topically peeps are allowed to slide.

Dark Knight
October 5th, 2016, 11:41 AM
Yes:
"took the steps you instructed and they were all already set that way. I did notice my accent color is set to blue and if I enable those options it immediately turns the bars related to them blue. I don't see any way to make black my accent color though."

Just checked SSB++ and I was two versions behind. Updated it to fix that and will log on/off to check if that did anything. I'm not sure which settings I need in SSB++ but I never had the issue in TH2 with the settings:
"Use custom start menu coloring", "use custom taskbar coloring", and "hide user account picture" enabled.

Turn Start menu coloring and taskbar coloring off in SIB++

Wolfy
October 6th, 2016, 09:19 PM
Turn Start menu coloring and taskbar coloring off in SIB++

Tried that, it did nothing. (I left start menu on because it looked awful as transparent gray)

Wolfy
October 7th, 2016, 07:39 PM
Still haven't been able to solve either of these issues.

Wolfy
October 8th, 2016, 01:49 PM
Hah! Disabled the lock screen! You just need to set it to disabled by going to HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Authentication\LogonUI\SessionData in regedit and setting the "AllowLockScreen" dword value to "0" and then running this program to stop it from restoring itself: http://repo.ezzi.net/nolock/

Now I just need to figure out how to stop my titlebars from changing back to the default blue every time I turn windows on.

Wolfy
October 8th, 2016, 02:02 PM
I can't figure out if it is because:
1) I deleted the entire DefaultColors folder from the registry instead of just the DefaultColors\Standard subfolder and have no idea how to restore it.
2) The theme itself might have some issue. (ThinWhiteLine by grsw953)
3) Because I only used UltraUXThemePatcher, I seem to remember there being a second theme hack program used to hack windows 10 themes in the original build.
or 4) I have my computer set to use accent color as the logon screen's background instead of a picture. Not sure how that could be the issue but it is setting I have changed and maybe redstone build has some funky setting that is changed by it.

Shemhamforash
October 8th, 2016, 03:20 PM
Please post your issue in only one thread in the future. :sad:

Wolfy
October 15th, 2016, 05:42 PM
Please post your issue in only one thread in the future. :sad:

Still having the issue.

Shemhamforash
October 15th, 2016, 07:13 PM
Still having the issue.

See this is why you should post in your own thread. Trust me no one feels like scrolling through pages and pages looking for what your original issue was. If you want I can move them all to your one thread so if someone knows why it's happening they will have all your post in one area to read.

Wolfy
October 15th, 2016, 11:25 PM
See this is why you should post in your own thread. Trust me no one feels like scrolling through pages and pages looking for what your original issue was. If you want I can move them all to your one thread so if someone knows why it's happening they will have all your post in one area to read.

I did post my own thread for this issue and it got 0 replies.

Wolfy
October 16th, 2016, 02:05 AM
I fixed my Black Theme Toolkit to take care of this issue. It should now be fine when restarting from Safe Mode, Hibernate, Lock, or Sleep. Just download, install, and run. http://virtualcustoms.net/showthread.php/72627-Windows-10-All-In-One-Installer-with-Uninstaller?p=316199#post316199

Finally gave up trying to fix the problem myself and just used your all in one installer. I also went with "install windows ultradark" or whatever option 4 was as well as the change winver option to black and I'm not sure if it was those options or something built into the installer but my titlebars no longer change blue every time I log in from the logon screen and my lock screen which re-enabled itself appears to be dead and staying dead! Not only that but my logon screen went from that awful blue to black just like I wanted.

All my problems are fixed! And the program doesn't even take up a space on my add/remove programs list! 10/10 great solution. I just hope it isn't running in the background 24/7 or something.

dhjohns
October 16th, 2016, 02:08 AM
No, nothing in the background. I am so glad it worked for you. I was considering installing 10240, and was even going to install the German like yours as I do read German.

Wolfy
October 16th, 2016, 02:43 AM
No, nothing in the background. I am so glad it worked for you. I was considering installing 10240, and was even going to install the German like yours as I do read German.

Thanks very much for the effort. I had a look at your reg files to see how your hacks differed from mine and I think I found the difference. This was my win10 black theme reg file:

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Themes\Personalize]
"AppsUseLightTheme"=dword:00000000

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Themes\Personalize]
"AppsUseLightTheme"=dword:00000000

And this was yours:

[-HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\Personalization]
[-HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\Personalization]
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\Personalization]
"PersonalColors_Background"="#000000"
"PersonalColors_Accent"=-
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\Personalization]
"PersonalColors_Background"="#000000"
"PersonalColors_Accent"=-

So mine changed the value of the light theme to make it appear black but that didn't help me at all if windows was set to use the dark theme I'm guessing and yours straight up deletes the entire personalization folders and creates new entries with the proper values. I'm betting this setting was changed between win10 builds so mine created registry errors when I tried to apply it to the current build and as a result windows defaulted to the default blue to resolve the issue.

dhjohns
October 16th, 2016, 04:25 AM
I use the ones you have also.

Wolfy
October 16th, 2016, 04:33 AM
I use the ones you have also.

I was thinking that might be for an earlier version of windows or something because your installer also works on th1 and th2. But yea if that is the case I got nothing. For whatever reason your installer fixed the issue just by installing and using those 2 settings.

dhjohns
October 16th, 2016, 04:41 AM
The ones you have with AppsUseLightTheme settings just work on the modern apps. If you look in the registry folder in my setup you will see a regedit called black.reg. It contains those along with registry edits which, in conjunction with patched dlls, turn Windows Media Player black.

Wolfy
October 16th, 2016, 04:57 AM
The ones you have with AppsUseLightTheme settings just work on the modern apps. If you look in the registry folder in my setup you will see a regedit called black.reg. It contains those along with registry edits which, in conjunction with patched dlls, turn Windows Media Player black.

Well your reg hack starts off by deleting the personalization folder (as well as it in another location I had not modified) so my best bet is I had a registry error somewhere in that folder that was causing the theme to not apply properly and reset to the windows default blue titlebar.

In any case once I applied it my issues were solved so yayyyy. Now to never ever touch it or wonder why it works ever again lest I break it and not get it back working again lol.