PDA

View Full Version : [WIN10] Resource Location for theme

mikeparkie
October 10th, 2016, 10:19 PM
Apologies if this is in the wrong place. I would like to change the colour of the tree pane in explorer from white to a light grey, that's all I want to do. Can someone tell which is the easiest tool to use (ideally free), what the location is and whether I then need to install uxtheme etc to apply it or can I just apply theme edited theme?

Or if that's an up to date guide for Windows 10, that would be awesome.

Thanks in advance.

Agelyk
October 11th, 2016, 12:59 AM
if or if u need to buy "Style Builder" I do not think there is another way of coloring that part of the explorer.:sad:

mikeparkie
October 11th, 2016, 06:59 AM
Apologies if this is in the wrong place. I would like to change the colour of the tree pane in explorer from white to a light grey, that's all I want to do. Can someone tell which is the easiest tool to use (ideally free), what the location is and whether I then need to install uxtheme etc to apply it or can I just apply theme edited theme?

Or if that's an up to date guide for Windows 10, that would be awesome.

Thanks in advance.

Thanks for the reply, looks like I might have to drop some cash then. In style Builder then, what would I need to edit? Do I need to patch uxtheme to run the modified theme?

Dark Knight
October 11th, 2016, 10:53 AM
Thanks for the reply, looks like I might have to drop some cash then. In style Builder then, what would I need to edit? Do I need to patch uxtheme to run the modified theme?

Anytime you change Windows from it's original state to a modified state you would need to run a theme patcher.

Agelyk
October 11th, 2016, 02:54 PM

UxStyle if you're in RS1
Uxtheme Patcher if you're in a previous version.

mikeparkie
October 11th, 2016, 08:51 PM
Thanks for the replies guys :) I'll check it out.