PDA

View Full Version : How do i get BM's ThemeSignatureBypass to work on W10 RS1

Nimbi
October 11th, 2016, 10:11 PM
Hello,

I'm trying to figure out why the Installer version of BM's ThemeSignatureBypass of which Mr GRiM made doesn't seem to apply a compatible version for me. Not only does it say incompatible [which many have stated to just ignore claiming it would work anyways], but even upon completing the installation, it seems to have no effect at all. Is there a requirement I'm missing? [like for instance does Secure Boot have to be disabled for it to work?] or is that version simply not compatible with my system at all? I'm asking because just using UxStyle alone causes me to have to uninstall and reinstall UxStyle every time I switch themes and the UxThemePatcher breaks my metro apps for some odd reason [which is unacceptable since there are several metro apps that I use on a daily basis].

Can anyone please help me out with this?

Mr GRiM
October 12th, 2016, 06:25 AM
Hello,

I'm trying to figure out why the Installer version of BM's ThemeSignatureBypass of which Mr GRiM made doesn't seem to apply a compatible version for me. Not only does it say incompatible [which many have stated to just ignore claiming it would work anyways], but even upon completing the installation, it seems to have no effect at all. Is there a requirement I'm missing? [like for instance does Secure Boot have to be disabled for it to work?] or is that version simply not compatible with my system at all? I'm asking because just using UxStyle alone causes me to have to uninstall and reinstall UxStyle every time I switch themes and the UxThemePatcher breaks my metro apps for some odd reason [which is unacceptable since there are several metro apps that I use on a daily basis].

Can anyone please help me out with this?

I downloaded a more recent one from his site and put it an installer, give it a go and see if it's any better.

Nimbi
October 12th, 2016, 09:31 AM
I downloaded a more recent one from his site and put it an installer, give it a go and see if it's any better.

This one works flawlessly on it's own. Thanks Mr GRiM. [it did claim to be unsupported in the installer but that seems to be wrong this time, lol]

Mr GRiM
October 12th, 2016, 09:42 AM
This one works flawlessly on it's own. Thanks Mr GRiM. [it did claim to be unsupported in the installer but that seems to be wrong this time, lol]

It only says unsupported as BM has said that he will not fix it if it stops working and also the method that is required to use it.

Nimbi
October 12th, 2016, 09:49 AM
ah, i see.