PDA

View Full Version : How do i remove the microsoft malicious software removal tool in Windows 10 RS1

Nimbi
October 13th, 2016, 11:17 PM
Can someone please tell me how to remove the Microsoft Malicious Software Removal Tool in Windows 10 RS1? This thing has an annoying habbit of automatically deleting my customisations and apparently Microsoft went and put it on my system in the latest update. I've searched the installed updates area and I can't find it anywhere. Does anyone know where it is and how to remove it? I really can't stand this bullsh*t tool and Avira became a pile of crap as well when it started blocking and removing my customisations as well [not going back to that bullsh*t either].

P.S. On another topic, how do i stop Windows Defender from auto scanning my system on Windows 10 RS1 Home Edition? I've tried using task scheduler to change the scheduled scan but it seems that had no effect. It still insists on making me scan my system every 5 friggin' minutes and is seriously pissing me off.

Agelyk
October 14th, 2016, 03:37 AM
Can someone please tell me how to remove the Microsoft Malicious Software Removal Tool in Windows 10 RS1? This thing has an annoying habbit of automatically deleting my customisations and apparently Microsoft went and put it on my system in the latest update. I've searched the installed updates area and I can't find it anywhere. Does anyone know where it is and how to remove it? I really can't stand this bullsh*t tool and Avira became a pile of crap as well when it started blocking and removing my customisations as well [not going back to that bullsh*t either
P.S. On another topic, how do i stop Windows Defender from auto scanning my system on Windows 10 RS1 Home Edition? I've tried using task scheduler to change the scheduled scan but it seems that had no effect. It still insists on making me scan my system every 5 friggin' minutes and is seriously pissing me off.

sure it comes in the last update RS1 ?, because i do not have it.
as for Avira is a piece of crap in Window$ because it does not detect almost nothing and has 60% of false alarms.
i suggest u try Bit Defender (kills all trash)

Axel23
October 14th, 2016, 11:57 AM
Can someone please tell me how to remove the Microsoft Malicious Software Removal Tool in Windows 10 RS1? This thing has an annoying habbit of automatically deleting my customisations and apparently Microsoft went and put it on my system in the latest update. I've searched the installed updates area and I can't find it anywhere. Does anyone know where it is and how to remove it? I really can't stand this bullsh*t tool and Avira became a pile of crap as well when it started blocking and removing my customisations as well [not going back to that bullsh*t either].

Hello friends, a simple solution to your problem!!
This utility is primarily used for any privacy problem has Windows 10, and you also have a option to disable Windows Defender and the associated different task so you do not have to worry.
I put to you herewith the website address if you are interested:

http://www.winprivacy.de/english-home/

Nimbi
October 14th, 2016, 12:36 PM
This utility is primarily used for any privacy problem has Windows 10, and you also have a option to disable Windows Defender and the associated different task so you do not have to worry.

Interesting, however I'm not quite experienced enough with using command line tools to risk this one as of yet. Either way, I switched t the free version of BitDefender and disabled Windows Defender via Winaero Tweaker. For now it seems to be working fine.

October 14th, 2016, 01:16 PM
Interesting, however I'm not quite experienced enough with using command line tools to risk this one as of yet. Either way, I switched t the free version of BitDefender and disabled Windows Defender via Winaero Tweaker. For now it seems to be working fine.

i hope you went for bd total security 2017. i've been using bd for years and it's fantastic. bd's settings are completely customizable

October 14th, 2016, 01:22 PM
here if you don't already have the link

http://www.bitdefender.com/site/Facebook/redFreeDownload

Axel23
October 14th, 2016, 01:27 PM

Hmmm, ok, good as said this is a very simple utility functioning, you did just check the box that has the different spot you want to use.
And that any action you undertake is not final and you can always off what you no longer wish ENTERING AND to return to default mode.I put you a little screen so you can see his functioning.
But the key is that you have found a solution that suits you !

ps: sorry if my english is bad, i use Google Trad..... lol

October 14th, 2016, 01:38 PM

Nimbi (http://virtualcustoms.net/member.php/280551-Nimbi) this is a great program i use it in conjunction with two others and never worry.

Axel23
October 14th, 2016, 01:58 PM
Nimbi (http://virtualcustoms.net/member.php/280551-Nimbi) this is a great program i use it in conjunction with two others and never worry.

Effectively !! Personally, I use it in common with Malwarebyte and Spybot. I said that this is not a protection system, this utility not only serves to disable certain functionality of Windows 10 (there are many) that are not useful or more when a good system of anti-virus protection (malware and spyware) and especially when we want to regain a modicum of control over its OS (anonymity,etc.... ).
:cool:

October 14th, 2016, 02:47 PM
Axel23 (http://virtualcustoms.net/member.php/299131-Axel23) bd ts, malwarebytes, zemana, winpatrol, ccleaner, o&o shutup, Ashampoo AntiSpy, Spybot Anti-Beacon

Axel23
October 14th, 2016, 03:22 PM
Axel23 (http://virtualcustoms.net/member.php/299131-Axel23) bd ts, malwarebytes, zemana, winpatrol, ccleaner, o&o shutup, Ashampoo AntiSpy, Spybot Anti-Beacon

Cool :tu:

Nimbi
October 14th, 2016, 07:17 PM
i hope you went for bd total security 2017. i've been using bd for years and it's fantastic. bd's settings are completely customizable

here if you don't already have the link

http://www.bitdefender.com/site/Facebook/redFreeDownload

I want to but unfortunately I prefer completely free programs. Free trials are always limited even on deals with extended ones. And I can't afford to pay for the official versions once the trial ends.

Nimbi
October 14th, 2016, 07:20 PM
Hmmm, ok, good as said this is a very simple utility functioning, you did just check the box that has the different spot you want to use.
And that any action you undertake is not final and you can always off what you no longer wish ENTERING AND to return to default mode.I put you a little screen so you can see his functioning.
But the key is that you have found a solution that suits you !

ps: sorry if my english is bad, i use Google Trad..... lol

Understandable, and no worries, the English is fine. As for the tool, my main issue was that I couldn't find the actual downloadable file and the instructions were in Deutsche [the translation provided was also too much for me to read, I have focus issues due to an oxygen deficiency in the part of my brain that deals with focus.]

Agelyk
October 14th, 2016, 08:03 PM
u tried the version 2016 or 2017 (Bitdefender)?

Nimbi
October 14th, 2016, 08:26 PM
u tried the version 2016 or 2017 (Bitdefender)?

Not sure, tbh. But I just downloaded a few other things as a bit of extra protection. [MalwareBytes free version, WinPatrol free version, WinPrivacy free version (tried WinAntiRansom but found out it won't work without paying for the full version so removed it =/)].

MatG-DK
October 14th, 2016, 08:45 PM

Microsoft Malicious Software Removal Tool is not removed on my system (RS1) and i use ESET Smart Security.
I noticed that when ESET is installed, it disable Windows Defender, but not Microsoft Malicious Software Removal Tool, and i have no problem using Customization or Themes.
ESET is also know for using very few resources.

I recommend you try ESET's 30 free trial.

AlphaOmega
October 14th, 2016, 09:06 PM
Microsoft releases a new version of the Malicious Software Removal Tool every second Tuesday of each month. MSRT is updated in Windows with Windows Update KB890830.

AlphaOmega
October 14th, 2016, 09:11 PM
in windows 7,its in the c:/windows/system32/.
search for the word "mrt" without the parenthasese and you should find it in windows 10

Nimbi
October 14th, 2016, 10:53 PM
Microsoft Malicious Software Removal Tool is not removed on my system (RS1) and i use ESET Smart Security.
I noticed that when ESET is installed, it disable Windows Defender, but not Microsoft Malicious Software Removal Tool, and i have no problem using Customization or Themes.
ESET is also know for using very few resources.

I recommend you try ESET's 30 free trial.

hmmmm... interesting to know that Microsoft's Malicious Software Removal Tool stays behind even after disabling Windows Defender. It stopped removing things for me when I replaced Windows Defender with BitDefender. As for ESET, I would try it, but since it's only a 30 day free trial I'm better off without. I prefer to be able to use whichever security programs I use without having to pay for it after a set time. So sadly mere trials are a no go for me.

Microsoft releases a new version of the Malicious Software Removal Tool every second Tuesday of each month. MSRT is updated in Windows with Windows Update KB890830.

Interesting. Thanks for the info. I'll probably have to look into that one eventually if it starts causing problems again.

in windows 7,its in the c:/windows/system32/.
search for the word "mrt" without the parenthasese and you should find it in windows 10

Now that I definitely didn't know. I'll look into that immediately. It may come in useful for me sometime. Thanks.

Dark Knight
October 15th, 2016, 03:00 PM
Actually, I don't think there is a way to uninstall MSRT "per se" as it is a feature for Windows as an extra added layer of protection and I really don't know why anyone would want to uninstall an added layer of protection, it takes up absolutely no cpu cycles as it is designed to run only once upon download to check for infections, after that it does not run again until the next month when it is updated.

If you want to see what MSRT is and does you can download the standalone executable from here : https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/malicious-software-removal-tool-details.aspx no installation necessary.

You can try and go to "Settings>Updates and Security>Windows Update" then click on "Update History" under the button that says "Check for Updates" then click on "Uninstall Updates" at the top of the page and search for the installed update to see if it shows on your system, it doesn't on mine and I think it's because it is not really installed "per se" as it is only designed to be downloaded and ran only once a month.

I can be wrong, but there must be something that triggers the scan after it is downloaded or updated every month.

AlphaOmega
October 15th, 2016, 09:23 PM
Found this.Check it out>> http://serverfault.com/questions/759338/disable-or-uninstall-malicious-software-removal-tool-on-windows-server-kb890830