PDA

View Full Version : Proviso X RS1

devillnside
October 15th, 2016, 08:28 AM
Proviso X RS1

a dark blue visual style for Windows 10 Redstone
aka Anniversary Update RS1 builds
by devillnside

Big thanks to nimbi (http://virtualcustoms.net/member.php/280551-Nimbi)for testing the theme & pointing out the problem areas

Updated to v1.3
Changelog:
Reworked all caption buttons
Reworked all button glyphs
Fixed all issues with buttons not forming & glyphs not showing when using modernframe.dll on modern apps

Updated to v1.2
Changelog:
Reworked close button
Fixed Margins on caption buttons

Updated to v1.1
Changelog:
Fixed a couple of places the colours were not right
Reworked Tabs

Windows 7 version available here:
http://virtualcustoms.net/showthread.php/73853-Proviso-Se7en?p=319338#post319338

BEFORE YOU START CREATE A SYSTEM RESTORE POINT
You need:
UX Style Patch 0.2.4.2 (Included In The Zip)
Theme Signature Bypass (Included In The Zip)
Install Both.

Installation:
a.Extract the contents of the theme folder & copy them to:
C:\Windows\Resources\Themes

b.From Personalization select the theme.

You'll also need 'Start Is Back' to apply the start menu style & 'Old New Explorer' for windows explorer to look exactly like it is in the screenshot.
Start Is Back:
startisback.com/

Old New Explorer:
http://www.msfn.org/board/topic/170375-oldnewexplorer-make-your-81-explorer-work-like-win78-one/

For transparency you can use the System Transparency app included in the zip.
Optional:
Use the taskbar context menu tweaker included in the zip(instructions on how to use, provided within).
It's not necessary but I would recommend you use it to get the best look possible.

Download:

Nimbi
October 15th, 2016, 08:34 AM
Nice! This looks brilliant! Great job on this one! :Peace:

devillnside
October 15th, 2016, 09:03 AM
Nice! This looks brilliant! Great job on this one! :Peace:

aaah thanks man .. hopefully no hidden screwups like TRD... shit what a mess..LMAO

Agelyk
October 15th, 2016, 04:34 PM
great main color :Peace:

devillnside
October 16th, 2016, 03:21 AM
thank you...:Smile::D

IcicleThief69
October 16th, 2016, 04:26 AM
devillinside, if we don't use start is back, will the start/menu window still be themed?

dhjohns
October 16th, 2016, 04:37 AM
devillinside, if we don't use start is back, will the start/menu window still be themed?Start Menu w/o SiB (which I don't use) looks like this except the Start Button is blue. I have a special regedit which turns it black when I hover over it or click on it.
http://s17.postimg.org/8co6fh8dr/screenshot_10.png

IcicleThief69
October 16th, 2016, 05:27 AM
Thanks, dhjohns. i just finished installing it. I need to get my folders back now. This update from windows removed my folder icons back to the ugly plain folders.

October 16th, 2016, 12:00 PM
devillinside, if we don't use start is back, will the start/menu window still be themed?

in a nutshell no

Nimbi
October 16th, 2016, 03:23 PM

Unfortunately that requires startisback. You might get some nice borders around the default windows 10 start menu but nothing else. StartIsBack++ is required to get the fully themed start menu and taskbar.

Nimbi
October 16th, 2016, 03:28 PM
Also Devilinside, I'm not sure if this is currently fixable but I've noticed that when using the ModernFrame.dll with AeroGlass in this theme, the explorer buttons dont show up entirely right. The images in them are apparently gone and the part of the close button that the image would be on is completely gone turning the close button into two seperate wedges. If you want a screenshot let me know and I'll post one. But since ModernFrame.dll is still a debug version then I'm not entirely sure f this is a problem with that or if there is an area of the theme that may need to be edited to work with it.

Other than that I haven't spotted any issues.

---EDIT---

Here's a screenshot for reference [decided to post it anyways, lol].

dhjohns
October 16th, 2016, 03:51 PM
Unfortunately that requires startisback. You might get some nice borders around the default windows 10 start menu but nothing else. StartIsBack++ is required to get the fully themed start menu and taskbar.It would be nice to see theming in normal Windows Start Menu. StartIsBack rather limits start menu IMHO. It knocks it back to the old Windows 7 style. :(

Shemhamforash
October 16th, 2016, 04:37 PM
It would be nice to see theming in normal Windows Start Menu.

It's another hardcoded element that can't be themed in Windows 10.

October 16th, 2016, 06:04 PM
It would be nice to see theming in normal Windows Start Menu. StartIsBack rather limits start menu IMHO. It knocks it back to the old Windows 7 style. :(

which is what most of want. with startisback you get the best of both worlds. you get the 7 style start menu and all you have to do is click startscreen to bring up the startscreen.

IcicleThief69
October 16th, 2016, 06:23 PM

OK not sure why mine still has all these white backgrounds and boarders in it still. What did I do wrong or not do?

IcicleThief69
October 16th, 2016, 06:37 PM
OK, I got it now.

Great Theme, love it.

Thank You for sharing.

Nimbi
October 16th, 2016, 06:45 PM

OK not sure why mine still has all these white backgrounds and boarders in it still. What did I do wrong or not do?

It looks like you're not using Old New Explorer. There is a link for it in the Extras folder, as well as an image showing the suggested settings for this theme. Just navigate to the "Extras \ Installation Guides & Readme" folder in the themes extract loacation and it is in there [basically wherever you extracted it to after downloading it]. As for the settings app, to make that dark, go into the colors tab in the personalisation area and set it to the dark option instead of the light option. That should make your Metro and Universal apps all dark.

devillnside
October 17th, 2016, 10:12 AM

the borders will be but not the panels within
basically would look like this:

devillnside
October 17th, 2016, 10:43 AM
Also Devilinside, I'm not sure if this is currently fixable but I've noticed that when using the ModernFrame.dll with AeroGlass in this theme, the explorer buttons dont show up entirely right. The images in them are apparently gone and the part of the close button that the image would be on is completely gone turning the close button into two seperate wedges. If you want a screenshot let me know and I'll post one. But since ModernFrame.dll is still a debug version then I'm not entirely sure f this is a problem with that or if there is an area of the theme that may need to be edited to work with it.

Other than that I haven't spotted any issues.

---EDIT---

Here's a screenshot for reference [decided to post it anyways, lol].

that looks weird...but i dont have aero glass, lemme get the latest demo & see whats up with that & ill post back

Nimbi
October 17th, 2016, 10:48 AM
that looks weird...but i dont have aero glass, lemme get the latest demo & see whats up with that & ill post back

Sure thing. The official installer for AeroGlass for Windows 10 RS1 has already been completed and can be obtained from http://www.glass8.eu

The ModernFrame.dll however is a debug version of which I currently don't know how I obtained. I'm thinking it 'may' have been installed with the installer but I may have actually had it leftover from Mr GRiM's installer for the older testing version.

devillnside
October 17th, 2016, 03:12 PM
Sure thing. The official installer for AeroGlass for Windows 10 RS1 has already been completed and can be obtained from http://www.glass8.eu

The ModernFrame.dll however is a debug version of which I currently don't know how I obtained. I'm thinking it 'may' have been installed with the installer but I may have actually had it leftover from Mr GRiM's installer for the older testing version.

could you possibly send me a link to download the mpdernframe.cll from somewhere..cuz it's not included in the installer on the site??

dhjohns
October 17th, 2016, 03:26 PM
could you possibly send me a link to download the mpdernframe.cll from somewhere..cuz it's not included in the installer on the site??Here is everything in the compressed folder including the new GUI, and the modernframe.dll

https://mega.nz/#!5RwBnBzY!CAoGWyGm98fyWpdn3hTeYN66U7YuuFhFWX8cBwp7A7w

devillnside
October 17th, 2016, 05:18 PM
Here is everything in the compressed folder including the new GUI, and the modernframe.dll

https://mega.nz/#!5RwBnBzY!CAoGWyGm98fyWpdn3hTeYN66U7YuuFhFWX8cBwp7A7w (https://mega.nz/#!5RwBnBzY!CAoGWyGm98fyWpdn3hTeYN66U7YuuFhFWX8cBwp7A7w)

thanks dhjohns

mike 59
October 17th, 2016, 06:43 PM
thanks dhjohns :Smile:

dhjohns
October 17th, 2016, 06:45 PM
thanks dhjohns :Smile:I also included an xml file for easy importing into Task Scheduler.

dhjohns
October 17th, 2016, 08:59 PM
Interesting find here. I am able to run Aeroglass in the new Insider Build 14946, but it doesn't hook the dwm or whatever. I have a license, but the watermark is on desktop. Even though it does not supply translucency effects, it does allow for themeatlas export, and application, and those little boxes are gone from around applications. So, in a nutshell, it doesn't work totally, but it does make improvements.

Shemhamforash
October 18th, 2016, 11:07 AM
Interesting find here. I am able to run Aeroglass in the new Insider Build 14946, but it doesn't hook the dwm or whatever. I have a license, but the watermark is on desktop. Even though it does not supply translucency effects, it does allow for themeatlas export, and application, and those little boxes are gone from around applications. So, in a nutshell, it doesn't work totally, but it does make improvements.

The theme doesn't have transparency in its frames. Just because aero glass is installed doesn't mean it will add transparent parts of the frame when they are designed to be fully opaque.

devillnside
October 19th, 2016, 02:00 AM
The theme doesn't have transparency in its frames. Just because aero glass is installed doesn't mean it will add transparent parts of the frame when they are designed to be fully opaque.

Don't know much about aero glass as I've never used it.. but Shemhamforash is right. There isn't any transparency on the top frame at all.

IcicleThief69
October 22nd, 2016, 11:53 AM
I think I have it now, here's what mine looks like.

devillnside
October 22nd, 2016, 02:35 PM
I think I have it now, here's what mine looks like.

yes something like that...

IcicleThief69
November 8th, 2016, 02:08 AM
I have another question, when I go up to my start button now and try to right click on it. Nothing happens now. I use to be able to right click on it to get to things but nothing now.

How can this be fixed?

dhjohns
November 8th, 2016, 02:54 AM
I have another question, when I go up to my start button now and try to right click on it. Nothing happens now. I use to be able to right click on it to get to things but nothing now.

How can this be fixed?Can you right-click on start button with other themes? I switched to Proviso X RS1, and right-click worked for me. I am using RS2 build 14959 though.

IcicleThief69
November 8th, 2016, 04:55 AM
Can you right-click on start button with other themes? I switched to Proviso X RS1, and right-click worked for me. I am using RS2 build 14959 though.

I only have this theme installed, but before I installed it, I could right click on the start button.

devillnside
November 8th, 2016, 10:59 PM
I only have this theme installed, but before I installed it, I could right click on the start button.

are you using start is back or just the default start button inside the theme?

while you get back to me on that i'll give it a go n see if everything works right

devillnside
November 9th, 2016, 12:00 PM

How can this be fixed?

seems to work on my end..could you please revert back to the defualt windows theme & see if it works then?

IcicleThief69
November 12th, 2016, 04:50 AM

seems to work on my end..could you please revert back to the defualt windows theme & see if it works then?

OK, I changed themes back to 2 different windows themes and I still cant right click on the start button. Changed back to the custom theme and still nothing.

Any ideas what can be the problem?

IcicleThief69
November 12th, 2016, 02:53 PM
DevilInside here's what I found out that I had to do to get it working again.

Go to C:\Users\Default\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\WinX, and copy all folders to C:\Users\[user.account.name]\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\WinX.
Restart Explorer.

This worked for me.

Love the theme. Thanks for sharing it and with the help.

devillnside
November 12th, 2016, 09:21 PM
DevilInside here's what I found out that I had to do to get it working again.

Go to C:\Users\Default\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\WinX, and copy all folders to C:\Users\[user.account.name]\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\WinX.
Restart Explorer.

This worked for me.

Love the theme. Thanks for sharing it and with the help.

Glad to know it's working again..& a very odd problem & fix..as you stated... & no need to thank me ..you came up with the fix yourself mate..:Peace: