PDA

View Full Version : iPack Not Fully Applying

December 18th, 2016, 04:46 PM
hey guys i just reran 10 for a VERY late spring cleaning. in the first two screenshots below is everything i have install prior to installing the etched token ipack. my problem is that once installed no icons changed. this wouldn't normally be a big deal cause usually a logoff / logon solves the problem, but this time the logoff / log on only changed the system icons as you can see from my other screenshots. right o of the gae once i landed on the desktop i installed 1.3.1 of dhjohns all-in-one installer, and set everything up to my liking. any ideas and or suggestions n fixing this issue would be greatly appreciated. i've included a link to the ipack for anyone wanting it or wanting to see if it has issues.

Shemhamforash
December 18th, 2016, 04:52 PM
I'm currently fighting with an iPack myself (a different one though). It's being inconsistent with some icons not applying where they should, or not uninstalling correctly. The one piece of advice I can give you is to try unininstalling it with iObit and then reinstalling it.

December 18th, 2016, 06:19 PM
I'm currently fighting with an iPack myself (a different one though). It's being inconsistent with some icons not applying where they should, or not uninstalling correctly. The one piece of advice I can give you is to try unininstalling it with iObit and then reinstalling it.

sounds you're experiencing the exact same thing i am. logoff / logon the ipack folders show for a quick second or two then revert back to the system defaults. if push comes to shove i'll do them manually to a point. like finding the main setting changing t ad having it cascade out to all folders on the system, and so on. i'm going to try a restart now to see if that resolves the issue or not. i'll report back. for now here's the link i forgot above.

http://neiio.deviantart.com/art/Token-Etched-570941963

well no love with a reboot. exact same thing as the logoff / logon see the ipack icons for a quick second or two then they revert back to the default system icons. before i use the snap shot i created before installing the ipack can someone remind me which order to install the other two theme patchers in? i want to see if installing one or both of them on top of uxstyle resolves the issue.

got the order of the other two theme patchers and installed them logged off and still n love.

December 19th, 2016, 03:07 AM
well all my icons are fixed now. had to do a couple of restarts for programs and noticed that each time i had a few more icons changed, so thought i'd wait and see what happened after a couple more restarts or logoffs. after the last restart everything but a handful of ions on downloads were changed. so i deleted everything from downloads and replaced them form the master backup, and now all the icons that should of change are changed. i'm happy now but what a bleepin pain in the bleep.

Dark Knight
December 19th, 2016, 01:10 PM
I've run into the very same problem numerous times either on install or uninstall. However I found install and uninstalls of iPacks go a lot better if your turn off your security software while doing it.

December 19th, 2016, 01:53 PM
while i'm thinking about it for those getting a error message from aeroglass on 14393.576 just ignore it, and just click cancel. as long as you run blackglass first aeroglass works just fine.

December 23rd, 2016, 04:38 AM
The color for folder does not patch. Did i do something wrong?

let me guess you're running win 10 above build 14393.447, right?

let me guess you're running win 10 above build 14393.447, right?
Hello,
I'm running that version

Hello,
I'm running that version

geeze dude you don't know that from that image. please press the flag key on you keyboard, type winver, ad press enter. now take a screenshot of that.

geeze dude you don't know that from that image. please press the flag key on you keyboard, type winver, ad press enter. now take a screenshot of that.

This is the screenshot

This is the screenshot

i actually remembered that this issue stared in the .300's on the 14393 build, so no it's not something you did. i have a thread here about it.

http://virtualcustoms.net/showthread.php/74810-iPack-Not-Fully-Applying

Nimbi
December 26th, 2016, 01:59 AM
Judging by the screenshots it seems you have Clover installed. I remember that program didn't play well with iPacks when I used it. Had to uninstall Clover before installing the iPack then had to reinstall it. Then when removing the iPack, I had to uninstall Clover first and the reinstall it after uninstalling the iPack. If that's not the issue than all I can think of is that something else might be interfering with the iPack [antivirus, firewall, etc.] I would probably try uninstalling Clover before installing/uninstalling you're iPack and see if that helps. If not, try adding an exception in you're antivirus/firewall and see if that helps. Other than that I can't really think of anything else. If you still have the problems even after those, then I'm not sure what else could be doing it. [you could also check to see if any other programs might be interfering with the iPacks.

December 26th, 2016, 11:37 AM
Clover

next rerun of the os and i'll install all the customization stuff first including whatever ipack i choose. then i'll install the security software and then clover.

freak69ize
December 26th, 2016, 05:00 PM
I was having a problem getting Hud Machine Blue ipack on latest build. A lot were not even applying and ones that did wouldnt stick. Made an exclusion in Windows Defender and all applied after that.. so far anyways. lol

December 26th, 2016, 05:32 PM
I was having a problem getting Hud Machine Blue ipack on latest build. A lot were not even applying and ones that did wouldnt stick. Made an exclusion in Windows Defender and all applied after that.. so far anyways. lol

freak69ize (http://virtualcustoms.net/member.php/201075-freak69ize) can you please post the steps you took?

freak69ize
December 26th, 2016, 07:06 PM
freak69ize (http://virtualcustoms.net/member.php/201075-freak69ize) can you please post the steps you took?

Well.. i dont have many mods installed. Just Theme Signature Bypass, SIB, and a couple of the context menu reg files installed. I dont know what antivirus you use but i made an exclusion in Windows Defender. Maybe try that as well as in the antivirus your using? Go to settings, windows update, windows defender and ad exclusion.. then navigate to the ipack and choose it. I would try it even if you dont use Windows Defender

December 26th, 2016, 07:25 PM
oh o.k. freak69ize (http://virtualcustoms.net/member.php/201075-freak69ize) i can see that cause when 10 first came out bitdefender 2016 didn't work with it. bd released a updated version that did, but to get it to install and run properly i had to make sure ALL o my customizations were done first. good rule of thumb for apps you're nt worried about adding items to your system that you don't want install them before installing your security software, cause once you install your security software the appropriate exceptions should be automatically made for what you already have installed.

@freak69ize

Nimbi
December 26th, 2016, 08:20 PM
Well.. i dont have many mods installed. Just Theme Signature Bypass, SIB, and a couple of the context menu reg files installed. I dont know what antivirus you use but i made an exclusion in Windows Defender. Maybe try that as well as in the antivirus your using? Go to settings, windows update, windows defender and ad exclusion.. then navigate to the ipack and choose it. I would try it even if you dont use Windows Defender

Definitely, I know Windows Defender interferes with practically every custo I attempt to download/apply. I actually stopped using it because of that. Normally I use BitDefender [currently not using any custo on my new laptop since my last few days of use on my last one had a severe issue where something was causing it to delete a shit ton of it's own system files (factory reset option, all of the options in the HP System Recovery tool, all of my restore points, and even the option to reset the system via the Microsoft Media Creation tool were gone)].

I currently don't know what caused that so I'm taking the safe route and not applying anything on this new laptop for now, lol. My last one pretty much completely quit of Christmas Eve (luckily my new one was my Christmas present the next day, lol).

But definitely make exceptions in you're security software as well, and make a restore point before any changes just to be safe (that goes without saying though, lol). One thing I do know, for quite a while I had a problem with the Magnum iPack not installing properly, I never figured out the cause but I just know that it finally stopped having that issue not too long ago, so maybe run some sort of scan on the iPacks you're using before installing as well to see if they may have some form of corruption (possibly bad download such as missing res files, or maybe something simply having gone wrong with them).

As for Clover, I did try that again just a few days before my last comp finally kicked the bucket and noticed the icon issue was still there [as well as that annoying Chinese installer (they seriously need someone to put some language packs into that so people can set it to their own native tongue)].

If you know of a tool that can log all changes and possibly help to spot anything that went wrong with the installs, then try using that as well. It might help for feedback purposes if nothing else [mind, I'm not sure of any out there, it's just a thought].

December 26th, 2016, 10:57 PM
Nimbi (http://virtualcustoms.net/member.php/280551-Nimbi) GREAT post

freak69ize
December 28th, 2016, 07:16 PM
oh o.k. freak69ize (http://virtualcustoms.net/member.php/201075-freak69ize) i can see that cause when 10 first came out bitdefender 2016 didn't work with it. bd released a updated version that did, but to get it to install and run properly i had to make sure ALL o my customizations were done first. good rule of thumb for apps you're nt worried about adding items to your system that you don't want install them before installing your security software, cause once you install your security software the appropriate exceptions should be automatically made for what you already have installed.

@freak69ize

Did you get your ipack to install?

December 28th, 2016, 09:19 PM
Did you get your ipack to install?

yes as i said above took a few reboots and a couple of logoffs but yes all the icons eventually took.

Link14
December 29th, 2016, 04:36 AM
I use a program called "media preview" to get thumbnails for my pictures and videos without borders to show in explorer and whenever I have trouble getting a pack to apply I just go to "testing and cache" tab of the program and hit "clear thumbnail cache", followed by a reboot and that usually fixes any hinky stuff.
http://media-preview.en.lo4d.com/screenshots

Nimbi
December 29th, 2016, 05:57 AM
I use a program called "media preview" to get thumbnails for my pictures and videos without borders to show in explorer and whenever I have trouble getting a pack to apply I just go to "testing and cache" tab of the program and hit "clear thumbnail cache", followed by a reboot and that usually fixes any hinky stuff.

Sounds interesting. I'll have to try that one out. Thanks for sharing the link to it. :Smile:

December 29th, 2016, 11:45 AM

interesting worth a shot the next time i get the problem. i found media preview a while back after the idiots at microsour removed mkv thumbnail support. it is a great little program to have. thanks for the idea, much appreciated.

Link14
December 30th, 2016, 04:57 AM
interesting worth a shot the next time i get the problem. i found media preview a while back after the idiots at microsour removed mkv thumbnail support. it is a great little program to have. thanks for the idea, much appreciated.

Yea, idk why they made an update REMOVING support... *shakes fist* Microsoftttttt