PDA

View Full Version : Windows 10 Token Light Icon Pack

gsw953
January 2nd, 2017, 08:51 PM
Finally the first version of my new Token Light icon pack is ready!
I am using 7tsp instead of iPack for a couple of reason
One being that iPack was breaking some of the Control Panel apps
another is 7tsp does more files than iPack
and lastly it is faster!

The Command bar icons and Quick Access icons should get changed with this pack.
You may have to rebuild your icon cache (http://www.thewindowsclub.com/icon-cache-rebuilder-for-windows-10) before they change,also note that rebuilding
the icon cache for Windows 10 is different than it was in Windows 7

The pack includes a dark clock for Time\Date

and a dark Windows Media Player too!

OneDrive has to be changed manually,also if the green check marks
annoy you like they annoy me you can turn them off when OneDrive is
not in use by right clicking one the tray icon and pausing sycing.
If you don't want to change the OneDrive icon you can also remove
it from the Navigation Pane (https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/4818-onedrive-add-remove-navigation-pane-windows-10-a.html).You will still have access to it from the
tray or the Start Menu.

Start is Back also needs to be changed manually if you use it
and want the Control Panel icon to match the rest

Windows Defender's icon can not be changed easily or safely
so the best option is to hide it in the Control Pane (http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/28919/remove-or-hide-unwanted-items-from-the-control-panel-in-windows-7/)l.You can still access
it from the Tray or Start Menu if you need to.

If I missed any icons let me know and I will see about adding them.
I could only do the icons I have in my Control Panel so you guys
may have some different ones

The original Token Icons are made by Brsev (http://brsev.deviantart.com/art/Token-128429570)
The others were ran through his layer style by me

The download includes the 7tsp pack
plus the new modified filed for those items that need to be
changed manually

The 7tsp pack should work fine on Windows 7 and 8 also
I see no reason why it would not.
If some can test it and confirm it that would be great

Lastly,I would highly recommend creating a Restore Point
using Windows before running 7tsp, as it appears the build in
7tsp restore only works sometimes

devillnside
January 4th, 2017, 04:16 PM
works!!! it actually worked!!! i almost knew for certain that it would result in a brick... but here i am rebooted & working fine!!.... WAY TO GO MATE!!

Token Light 7TSP for Windows 10 installed on RS1 1607
Windows 10 Pro x64

gsw953
January 4th, 2017, 06:08 PM
works!!! it actually worked!!! i almost knew for certain that it would result in a brick... but here i am rebooted & working fine!!.... WAY TO GO MATE!!

Token Light 7TSP for Windows 10 installed on RS1 1607
Windows 10 Pro x64

Looks good,if you can get your icon cache rebuilt the quick access
and command bar buttons will also get changed. Let me know if you can't
get them to change. I have a trick!

Link14
January 5th, 2017, 06:43 AM
Firstly, I had an issue using 7tsp, possibly an issue with the program itself and having nothing to do with the settings of this file, and either way entirely a result of my own settings, but on the off chance this helps anyone else I thought I should post how to fix it.

Either 7tsp or this pack requires the Microsoft .Net 3.5 Framework to be installed and as I disabled windows updater to prevent telemetry issues I was able to install it by using the offline installer here: http://www.askvg.com/download-microsoft-net-framework-3-5-offline-installer-for-windows-8/
(This requires a windows install file but you can get one fairly easily from any torrent site and just put it on a flash drive. Also it says it is for Win8 but works fine on Win10)

Anyways once I got it up and running and cleared my cache I noticed a few minor things.

1) My Time and Date didn't change even though your screenshot shows you changed it.
2) Intel Rapid Storage Technology and NVIDIA Control Panel do not have icons. While I can just hide the rapid storage tech and never miss it I think NVIDIA Control Panel is a common and used enough icon that you should consider adding it. Also it already has an icon in this style here:

3) My StartIsBack control panel icon didn't change, possibly because I installed it for all users so it is located in
"%ProgramFiles(x86)%\StartIsBack" instead of App data.

4) Lastly I noticed some of the icons have sizing issues and don't scale correctly in all cases. This example is from the program "Media Preview".

gsw953
January 5th, 2017, 12:05 PM
Firstly, I had an issue using 7tsp, possibly an issue with the program itself and having nothing to do with the settings of this file, and either way entirely a result of my own settings, but on the off chance this helps anyone else I thought I should post how to fix it.

Either 7tsp or this pack requires the Microsoft .Net 3.5 Framework to be installed and as I disabled windows updater to prevent telemetry issues I was able to install it by using the offline installer here: http://www.askvg.com/download-microsoft-net-framework-3-5-offline-installer-for-windows-8/
(This requires a windows install file but you can get one fairly easily from any torrent site and just put it on a flash drive. Also it says it is for Win8 but works fine on Win10)

Anyways once I got it up and running and cleared my cache I noticed a few minor things.

1) My Time and Date didn't change even though your screenshot shows you changed it.
2) Intel Rapid Storage Technology and NVIDIA Control Panel do not have icons. While I can just hide the rapid storage tech and never miss it I think NVIDIA Control Panel is a common and used enough icon that you should consider adding it. Also it already has an icon in this style here:

3) My StartIsBack control panel icon didn't change, possibly because I installed it for all users so it is located in

4) Lastly I noticed some of the icons have sizing issues and don't scale correctly in all cases. This example is from the program "Media Preview".
Thanks for your input
Not sure why time\date didn't get changed.it should have,Maybe just a error
Yes I could add both those if you can send me the .cpl files.Also then when you update with the new pack, it will be
a good time to see if Time\Date gets done
Good to know about StartisBack,never thought about that
I will look into the sizing issue,could also be a theme issue.What theme are you using?

January 5th, 2017, 01:45 PM
gsw (http://virtualcustoms.net/member.php/178470-gsw953) yeah time/date didn't change here either, but in my case i really didn't notice till the one post cause i don't tend to change it. i like having the calendar as the default view when i click the systray.

Nimbi
January 5th, 2017, 03:40 PM
Thanks for your input
Yes I could add both those if you can send me the .cpl files.Also then when you update with the new pack, it will be
I will look into the sizing issue,could also be a theme issue.What theme are you using?

gsw (http://virtualcustoms.net/member.php/178470-gsw953) yeah time/date didn't change here either, but in my case i really didn't notice till the one post cause i don't tend to change it. i like having the calendar as the default view when i click the systray.

Strange, the only ones that didn't change for me were the shell32.mui images, the AMD images and a couple minor images in control panel. Other than that pretty much everything applied properly. I did however get the issue in which at least two control panel icons won't show up when set to small icons view, but that's probably due to me having a max screen resolution of 1366x768 [basically i likely have a smaller dpi than the icons were made for, lol]. Here's some screenshots.

I'm honestly not sure where the icons that didn't change are located so I dunno if those are even changeable at all, lol. But other than that, the time/date.cpl image applied fine and so did the startisback and onedrive images. I tried using the shell32 images from the consolidated rs1 theme's extras folders since these didn't apply but to no avail, lol. I'm thinking I might have to apply those before the 7tsp icon pack since that was the only way they would apply when I was using the token light iPacks.

gsw953
January 5th, 2017, 04:12 PM
Strange, the only ones that didn't change for me were the shell32.mui images, the AMD images and a couple minor images in control panel. Other than that pretty much everything applied properly. I did however get the issue in which at least two control panel icons won't show up when set to small icons view, but that's probably due to me having a max screen resolution of 1366x768 [basically i likely have a smaller dpi than the icons were made for, lol]. Here's some screenshots.

I'm honestly not sure where the icons that didn't change are located so I dunno if those are even changeable at all, lol. But other than that, the time/date.cpl image applied fine and so did the startisback and onedrive images. I tried using the shell32 images from the consolidated rs1 theme's extras folders since these didn't apply but to no avail, lol. I'm thinking I might have to apply those before the 7tsp icon pack since that was the only way they would apply when I was using the token light iPacks.

The control items that didn't change are ones I don't have on my system. That's why they didn't change. I can add them to the pack if you send me the files.
As for the shell32 Muir you will need to ebuild your icon cache. A trick I use is to go to programs and features and install a feature (usually I install Hype V)
This will force windows to rebuild the icon cache and you can just Uninstaller it later.

Sorry about the spelling. I'm at work using my phone lol

January 5th, 2017, 04:34 PM
gsw (http://virtualcustoms.net/member.php/178470-gsw953) neat little trick there, thanks

Nimbi
January 5th, 2017, 04:42 PM
The control items that didn't change are ones I don't have on my system. That's why they didn't change. I can add them to the pack if you send me the files.
As for the shell32 Muir you will need to ebuild your icon cache. A trick I use is to go to programs and features and install a feature (usually I install Hype V)
This will force windows to rebuild the icon cache and you can just Uninstaller it later.

Sorry about the spelling. I'm at work using my phone lol

yeah i rebuild the icon cache with the icon fix right click context menu thing which worked on getting the one drive and startisback cnfg icons to fully apply but for some reason didnt do anything for the shell32 files. I had that same issue before no matter which method i used to rebuild the icon cache. was why i was only able to get those to apply by putting the shell32 files in before applying the token ipacks. I'm not too bothered by that though, tbh. as for the other icons, I don't really know where those are, tbh. I know the only one in the context menu that can't be changed with the right click context menu adder thing i have is the AMD one since it doesn't get detected by that so the other unchanged context menu icons in the screenshots can be changed manually [i added those ones manually anyways so they would have icons, lol]. But still I have no idea where the unchanged control panel icons are [or that amd icon in the context menu, lol]. Any ideas on how I would find them? For the Control Panel the icons I need to locate are DTS Studio Sound, Synaptics TouchPad V7.5, Windows Mobility Center, Tablet PC Settings, and Energy Star [I'm going to try to figure out how to hide Windows Defender from Control Panel since you mentioned that icon can't be changed, lol]. For the right click context menu the Icon I can't find the actual location of is the AMD Radeon Settings [The other unchanged icons there can be changed manually via the program i put those there with so just having som .ico images made for them should be enough for the Windows Media Center, Virtual Customs, AskVG, Winaero Tweaker, and AeroGlass icons]. I know the program icon for AMD Radeon Settings is in "C:\Program Files\AMD\CNext\CNext\RadeonSettings.exe", however I don't know if that is the area used by the right click context menu [In fact I'm pretty sure that one doesn't effect the context menu icon]. So I could definitely use some help on figuring out where the general locations used by the icons I have are [unfortunately I'm pretty sure that makes things much harder for you since you don't have them on your system.... so, I may be searching for some time, lol]...

gsw953
January 5th, 2017, 04:46 PM
yeah i rebuild the icon cache with the icon fix right click context menu thing which worked on getting the one drive and startisback cnfg icons to fully apply but for some reason didnt do anything for the shell32 files. I had that same issue before no matter which method i used to rebuild the icon cache. was why i was only able to get those to apply by putting the shell32 files in before applying the token ipacks. I'm not too bothered by that though, tbh. as for the other icons, I don't really know where those are, tbh. I know the only one in the context menu that can't be changed with the right click context menu adder thing i have is the AMD one since it doesn't get detected by that so the other unchanged context menu icons in the screenshots can be changed manually [i added those ones manually anyways so they would have icons, lol]. But still I have no idea where the unchanged control panel icons are [or that amd icon in the context menu, lol]. Any ideas on how I would find them? For the Control Panel the icons I need to locate are DTS Studio Sound, Synaptics TouchPad V7.5, Windows Mobility Center, Tablet PC Settings, and Energy Star [I'm going to try to figure out how to hide Windows Defender from Control Panel since you mentioned that icon can't be changed, lol]. For the right click context menu the Icon I can't find the actual location of is the AMD Radeon Settings [The other unchanged icons there can be changed manually via the program i put those there with so just having som .ico images made for them should be enough for the Windows Media Center, Virtual Customs, AskVG, Winaero Tweaker, and AeroGlass icons]. I know the program icon for AMD Radeon Settings is in "C:\Program Files\AMD\CNext\CNext\RadeonSettings.exe", however I don't know if that is the area used by the right click context menu [In fact I'm pretty sure that one doesn't effect the context menu icon]. So I could definitely use some help on figuring out where the general locations used by the icons I have are [unfortunately I'm pretty sure that makes things much harder for you since you don't have them on your system.... so, I may be searching for some time, lol]...

I will message you tonight when u get home from work and get things figured out

Nimbi
January 5th, 2017, 05:03 PM
I will message you tonight when u get home from work and get things figured out

ok, lol. Just so you know though, I'm unemployed so I'm pretty much always home, lol.

As for the AMD context menu icon, I just searched like crazy for it and can't figure out where it's at, lol. A lot of different AMD and ATI areas on my hard drive but the only one that containes anything that I know can hold icons is the directory I mentioned before, so I have no idea where the context menu icon for it is at. I'll probably have to start googling it to see if there might be some post somewhere stating where it's located at, lol.

Link14
January 5th, 2017, 11:23 PM
Thanks for your input

If you could tell me where to find the files you need/what files you need I would be more than happy to send them to you. I tried to find them on my own but don't know how they are named/stored so I wasn't able to find them.

And I'm currently using your own consolidated dark theme as it seemed like the best contrast for the icons. Looks excellent btw, I just wish there was some way to get rid of those damn windows taskbar highlight line things. No clue why microsoft thought those were a thing anyone needed. Would it be possible for you to replace them somehow with some kind of image in this pack? Would love to see them go away forever.

Shemhamforash
January 6th, 2017, 12:01 AM
And I'm currently using your own consolidated dark theme as it seemed like the best contrast for the icons. Looks excellent btw, I just wish there was some way to get rid of those damn windows taskbar highlight line things. No clue why microsoft thought those were a thing anyone needed. Would it be possible for you to replace them somehow with some kind of image in this pack? Would love to see them go away forever.

http://virtualcustoms.net/showthread.php/71420-Taskbar-Application-Icon-(Colored-Line)/page7?p=319909&viewfull=1#post319909

gsw953
January 6th, 2017, 12:21 AM
If you could tell me where to find the files you need/what files you need I would be more than happy to send them to you. I tried to find them on my own but don't know how they are named/stored so I wasn't able to find them.

Sorry,I thought you knew.What happens when you use the method you described here http://virtualcustoms.net/showthread.php/74941-One-last-icon?p=321994&viewfull=1#post321994 on them?

gsw953
January 6th, 2017, 12:48 AM
ok, lol. Just so you know though, I'm unemployed so I'm pretty much always home, lol.

As for the AMD context menu icon, I just searched like crazy for it and can't figure out where it's at, lol. A lot of different AMD and ATI areas on my hard drive but the only one that containes anything that I know can hold icons is the directory I mentioned before, so I have no idea where the context menu icon for it is at. I'll probably have to start googling it to see if there might be some post somewhere stating where it's located at, lol.

Ok lets start with the missing control panel items,use this method to find where the file is that I will need http://virtualcustoms.net/showthread.php/74941-One-last-icon?p=321994&viewfull=1#post321994
Also give me a list of the icons you want made that you will be manually installing.

As for cleaning the icon cache on Windows 10,I have tired every method I could find ,with varying results.The only sure fire way is one that does it during windows start up.That's why I suggest
adding an unused feature as it will require as restart and and icon cache rebuild.

Oh and I see that you have Media Center.I am pretty sure I have a black theme for it somewhere.I made on as part of the extras for Ultimate Clean,years ago

Nimbi
January 6th, 2017, 12:52 AM
Sorry,I thought you knew.What happens when you use the method you described here http://virtualcustoms.net/showthread.php/74941-One-last-icon?p=321994&viewfull=1#post321994 on them?

Ironically that helped me locate the icons I'm needing, lol.

DTS Studio Sound icon path: "C:\WINDOWS\system32\RTSnMg64.cpl"

Energy Start icon path: "C:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\Energy Star\energystar.ico"

Synaptics TouchPad V7.5 icon path: "C:\Program Files\Synaptics\SynTP\SynTPRes.dll"

Tablet PC Settings icon path: "C:\WINDOWS\System32\tabletpc.cpl"

Windows Mobility Center icon path: "C:\WINDOWS\system32\mblctr.exe"

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If the Control Panel version of the Windows Defender icon turns out to be changeable [since I can't even remove it via group policy (can only disable it through group policy, the icon remains for some reason)]

Windows Defender icon path: "C:\Program Files\Windows Defender\EppManifest.dll"

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

AMD Radeon Settings Right Click Contect Menu icon does not appear to be changeable. All I could find was instructions on how to remove it via registry but there was no icon location shown in the area of the registry it is found at.

Icons for custom context menu entrees [all .ico format due to program requirements]:

Token Light Windows Media Center icon

Token Light Virtual Customs icon

Token Light AskVG.com icon

Token Light AeroGlassGUI icon

Token Light WinAero Tweaker icon

Location of which is used by my Windows Media Center mod install if the skin you mentioned will work with it:

"C:\WINDOWS\ehome\ehshell.exe"

I would post the file with the install files and instructions but for some reason it won't upload [friggin thing keeps taking forever to upload despite being only 65.4MB in size when in a .zip file]

If it helps any it's the x64 bit version from http://www.howtogeek.com/258695/how-to-install-windows-media-center-on-windows-10/

Nimbi
January 6th, 2017, 01:38 AM
lmao i just noticed that's actually a slightly different Windows Media Player skin than what I have, lol. I'm apparently using the Ultimate Clean WMP skin. Any way you could plz send the wmploc.dll files for that along with the icons, lol? I'm starting to think I may have actually needed to have ResHacker installed for it to change a few things. Unfortunately I couldn't find the 'actual' ResHacker anywhere, only the generic free alternative "Resource Hacker" and I wasn't sure if that one would work, lol.

gsw953
January 6th, 2017, 02:04 AM
lmao i just noticed that's actually a slightly different Windows Media Player skin than what I have, lol. I'm apparently using the Ultimate Clean WMP skin. Any way you could plz send the wmploc.dll files for that along with the icons, lol? I'm starting to think I may have actually needed to have ResHacker installed for it to change a few things. Unfortunately I couldn't find the 'actual' ResHacker anywhere, only the generic free alternative "Resource Hacker" and I wasn't sure if that one would work, lol.
Grab the free trial version of Restorator http://www.bome.com/products/restorator/downloads2

January 6th, 2017, 01:55 PM
hey gsw (http://virtualcustoms.net/member.php/178470-gsw953) you don't by chance have a tken globe made or anything that can represent the tor browser better than what i have above the chrome icon in the image? also any suggestion for a nexus control icon instead of what i have at the top of the image?

gsw953
January 6th, 2017, 02:50 PM
hey gsw (http://virtualcustoms.net/member.php/178470-gsw953) you don't by chance have a tken globe made or anything that can represent the tor browser better than what i have above the chrome icon in the image? also any suggestion for a nexus control icon instead of what i have at the top of the image?

I will make something up tonight when I get home for you

January 6th, 2017, 02:59 PM
i really don't want you to go to any special lengths for me. please only do them if you are going to use them or you are going to post them for others to use. more importantly the pack came out great. i would of said something sooner, but been running around like a monkey with it's head cut off. wiped c for a fresh install like i mentioned and of course 10 peeps want new towers and for me to install their software when i don't have easy access to my files because of the os install.

gsw953
January 6th, 2017, 03:15 PM
i really don't want you to go to any special lengths for me. please only do them if you are going to use them or you are going to post them for others to use. more importantly the pack came out great. i would of said something sooner, but been running around like a monkey with it's head cut off. wiped c for a fresh install like i mentioned and of course 10 peeps want new towers and for me to install their software when i don't have easy access to my files because of the os install.

It won't be a problem. The way I have it setup now it takes about a minute to make a token icon once I have an image. Plus I might have something already made. I probably have 20 that I haven't used yet

gsw953
January 6th, 2017, 11:44 PM

It's no problem ,it only took a few minutes,here's 5-3 control panels and 2 Tor's
Both .png and .ico

January 7th, 2017, 12:09 AM
It's no problem ,it only took a few minutes,here's 5-3 control panels and 2 Tor's
Both .png and .ico

COOOOOOOOL, thanks very much. now one question didn't you do a custom version of the consolidated theme with a gray explorer window? or am i loosing what little of my mind that i have left?lol

gsw953
January 7th, 2017, 12:12 AM
COOOOOOOOL, thanks very much. now one question didn't you do a custom version of the consolidated theme with a gray explorer window? or am i loosing what little of my mind that i have left?lol
Your welcome,do you mean this http://gsw953onda.deviantart.com/art/Project-Light-Theme-Windows10-Anniversary-Update-632816833

January 7th, 2017, 12:13 AM
i just unzipped the archive and all i can say s simply WOW!!!, and thanks again.

January 7th, 2017, 12:17 AM
Your welcome,do you mean this http://gsw953onda.deviantart.com/art/Project-Light-Theme-Windows10-Anniversary-Update-632816833

bingo i recognize the wall paper. if i remeber correctly there are the original two and one with the black on top, gray explorer window, and the details pane on the bottom black.

gsw953
January 7th, 2017, 12:24 AM
bingo i recognize the wall paper. if i remeber correctly there are the original two and one with the black on top, gray explorer window, and the details pane on the bottom black.
Oh ya,I forgot about that one http://virtualcustoms.net/showthread.php/72893-Meld-Modded-for-Windows-10-Anniversary-Update

January 7th, 2017, 12:29 AM
Oh ya,I forgot about that one http://virtualcustoms.net/showthread.php/72893-Meld-Modded-for-Windows-10-Anniversary-Update

and the man of the year award goes to gsw953 (http://virtualcustoms.net/member.php/178470-gsw953), but remember it's only 6th of january. lol

Link14
January 7th, 2017, 04:16 AM
http://virtualcustoms.net/showthread.php/71420-Taskbar-Application-Icon-(Colored-Line)/page7?p=319909&viewfull=1#post319909

Woa, I don't mean to start any trouble looking at what happened next but it looks like that mod is for an old version of the theme that doesn't skin firefox and if possible I would really prefer to have the updated version changed please. But if it is a big problem or rude to ask then it's fine to ignore me. I don't want to be pushy or anything.

Wow I feel so incredibly stupid. I didn't make the connection between where the icon was and it being the location of the file that needed to be modded. That is just so stupid of me I'm blushing lol. Here are the 3 other CP files (turns out I just had to put the SIB++ file in the program files location and rebuild my icon pack again and it works perfectly now)
https://mega.nz/#F!towkGJCD!m8h0Foe6FUxv7maMPg66jQ

gsw953
January 7th, 2017, 04:47 AM
Wow I feel so incredibly stupid. I didn't make the connection between where the icon was and it being the location of the file that needed to be modded. That is just so stupid of me I'm blushing lol. Here are the 3 other CP files (turns out I just had to put the SIB++ file in the program files location and rebuild my icon pack again and it works perfectly now)

No problem,it happens to everyone once in awhile lol
I have the files and should have an update ready tomorrow sometime :)

gsw953
January 7th, 2017, 06:35 AM

Ok,here are the updated versions.I just left them as manual install for now but I will add them to the main pack once I get everyone's requests done.
Since I don't have 2 of them installed you will have to let me know if they worked.For Time\Date if it doesn't work by changing the one in the
system32 folder than you will also have to change the one in the syswow64 folder

January 8th, 2017, 01:57 PM
for those that are interested in removing items from the control panel. i couldn't find my little app so i went googling.

http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/28919/remove-or-hide-unwanted-items-from-the-control-panel-in-windows-7/

Nimbi
January 9th, 2017, 04:09 AM
Soz for not noticing this sooner, lol, but apparently the Pen and Touch icon in Control Panel also hasn't changed.. Here's the location for it:

"C:\WINDOWS\System32\tabletpc.cpl"

P.S. Alas I managed to remove the Windows Defender icon from my friggin Control Panel, yayz! Friggin gpedit.msc doesn't do shiz for me, lol. [Apparently the idiots who provided the method to get it working on Windows 10 Home edition provided one that simply doesn't have any actual function on my end, lol]

January 9th, 2017, 09:31 AM
Soz for not noticing this sooner, lol, but apparently the Pen and Touch icon in Control Panel also hasn't changed.. Here's the location for it:

P.S. Alas I managed to remove the Windows Defender icon from my friggin Control Panel, yayz! Friggin gpedit.msc doesn't do shiz for me, lol. [Apparently the idiots who provided the method to get it working on Windows 10 Home edition provided one that simply doesn't have any actual function on my end, lol]

"the Idiots" stated for 10 home to use the registry NOT gpedit.

devillnside
January 9th, 2017, 09:52 AM
coool

been waiting for this.. time to try it on...thanks mate

gsw953
January 9th, 2017, 11:54 AM

Is Pen and Touch the only one you need?I will make it tonight

Nimbi
January 10th, 2017, 12:27 AM
"the Idiots" stated for 10 home to use the registry NOT gpedit.

I was following i different guide until you posted the one that worked, lol. So the one you suggested is the one that worked for me, lol. "The idiots" were the ones that provided the gpedit.msc download for Windows 10 Home and claimed it would work, lol. I can't remember precisely where I got that from but although the tool downloaded fine it didn't really have any effect, lol.

Nimbi
January 10th, 2017, 12:49 AM
Is Pen and Touch the only one you need?I will make it tonight

Other than the ones mentioned previously, that's the only one i missed. As for the Energy Star one i mentioned previously, it turns out that was a link to a weblink button in the power options menu, so as it was useless I simply uninstalled it, lol. So I don't need the Energy Star icon anymore. So the other icons are still as follows

Synaptics TouchPad V7.5 icon path: "C:\Program Files\Synaptics\SynTP\SynTPRes.dll"

-------------------------------------------------

Icons for custom context menu entrees [all .ico format due to program requirements]:

Location of which is used by my Windows Media Center mod install if the skin you mentioned will work with it:

I would post the file with the install files and instructions but for some reason it won't upload [friggin thing keeps taking forever to upload despite being only 65.4MB in size when in a .zip file]

If it helps any it's the x64 bit version from http://www.howtogeek.com/258695/how-...on-windows-10/

When set to small icons the Programs and Features icon and the Default Programs ico are the ones that don't show properly for me [those are the ones i mentioned were probably due to me having a smaller DPS than what the icons were originally built for] They show up fine on large icon setting though.

For the custom context menu icon entrees, can you also include a folder with them for manually applying them as well? I'm not sure if my program will apply them automatically, I had to manually apply all of the icons to the custom entrees in the context menu with that program since it didn't automatically apply any icons to the context menu entrees.

As for my resolution, my max is 1366x768 I'm hoping that helps with figuring out the icon issue for the Programs and Features icon and the Default Programs icon when Control Panel is set to small icons.

[P.S. I'm such an idiot, lmao. I thought I clicked reply but upon clicking the post message thing I realized I had eccidentally edited your post XD... Just fixed that though. So sorry about that, lmao]

gsw953
January 10th, 2017, 01:35 AM
Other than the ones mentioned previously, that's the only one i missed. As for the Energy Star one i mentioned previously, it turns out that was a link to a weblink button in the power options menu, so as it was useless I simply uninstalled it, lol. So I don't need the Energy Star icon anymore. So the other icons are still as follows

If it helps any it's the x64 bit version from http://www.howtogeek.com/258695/how-...on-windows-10/

When set to small icons the Programs and Features icon and the Default Programs ico are the ones that don't show properly for me [those are the ones i mentioned were probably due to me having a smaller DPS than what the icons were originally built for] They show up fine on large icon setting though.

For the custom context menu icon entrees, can you also include a folder with them for manually applying them as well? I'm not sure if my program will apply them automatically, I had to manually apply all of the icons to the custom entrees in the context menu with that program since it didn't automatically apply any icons to the context menu entrees.

As for my resolution, my max is 1366x768 I'm hoping that helps with figuring out the icon issue for the Programs and Features icon and the Default Programs icon when Control Panel is set to small icons.

[P.S. I'm such an idiot, lmao. I thought I clicked reply but upon clicking the post message thing I realized I had eccidentally edited your post XD... Just fixed that though. So sorry about that, lmao]

Ok I will start working on everything tonight ,shouldn't take to long,Wednesday at the latest.
I will need you to send me
and
as I don't have those 2. Everything else should be fine

Nimbi
January 10th, 2017, 01:41 AM
Ok I will start working on everything tonight ,shouldn't take to long,Wednesday at the latest.
I will need you to send me
and
as I don't have those 2. Everything else should be fine

o wow.. i thought those were the icon paths... those are what i got using the method you previously suggested... if those aren't the icon paths then i don't know where they would be...

-EDIT-

Just checked again, those appear to be the icon paths for those 2 programs.

-EDIT 2-

I may be wrong, but is this what you were asking for?

gsw953
January 10th, 2017, 02:55 AM
o wow.. i thought those were the icon paths... those are what i got using the method you previously suggested... if those aren't the icon paths then i don't know where they would be...

-EDIT-

Just checked again, those appear to be the icon paths for those 2 programs.

-EDIT 2-

I may be wrong, but is this what you were asking for?

Yes that is what I needed
thanks
A quick explanation
I will use the SynTPRes.dll as the example
Think of it as a folder that contains the icons
So while the path to the icon is "C:\Program Files\Synaptics\SynTP\SynTPRes.dll" I still need to open SynTPRes.dll to change the icon

Nimbi
January 10th, 2017, 08:23 AM
Yes that is what I needed
thanks
A quick explanation
I will use the SynTPRes.dll as the example
Think of it as a folder that contains the icons
So while the path to the icon is "C:\Program Files\Synaptics\SynTP\SynTPRes.dll" I still need to open SynTPRes.dll to change the icon

ooohhh, ok. that makes sense. thanks for the info :Peace:

Nimbi
January 10th, 2017, 10:07 AM
ooohhh, ok. that makes sense. thanks for the info :Peace:

Managed to change my AMD Radeon Settings context menu icon. I just had to remove it from context menu via the registry method found on AskVG.com and then reapply it via my Right Click Context Menu Adder 2.0 program so I could choose a custom icon for it.

Nimbi
January 10th, 2017, 11:55 AM
ok, I've been looking everywhere for token light icons for four games that I play but can't find any anywhere. Would you be willing to make some token light icons for Blade n Soul, Aion, EVE Online, and RuneScape? I can do the manual application for them, I just need the custom icons [.ico if you're up for it].

gsw953
January 10th, 2017, 10:38 PM
ok, I've been looking everywhere for token light icons for four games that I play but can't find any anywhere. Would you be willing to make some token light icons for Blade n Soul, Aion, EVE Online, and RuneScape? I can do the manual application for them, I just need the custom icons [.ico if you're up for it].
Ok,I will see what I can come up with :)

gsw953
January 12th, 2017, 01:01 AM

Hey ,I have been really busy this week but here is what I have so far
Let me know if these are ok or if you want some changes :)

Nimbi
January 12th, 2017, 01:21 AM
Hey ,I have been really busy this week but here is what I have so far
Let me know if these are ok or if you want some changes :)

These are perfect! Thank ou soooo much! :happy:

gsw953
January 12th, 2017, 01:23 AM

You're welcome.I will get the rest done as soon as I can

Nimbi
January 13th, 2017, 01:25 AM
Can you plz set it so the shell32.dll.mui image and wmploc things are manual install. 7tsp is giving me serious problems with shell32.dll.mui and it won't apply wmploc files at all. I just removed the icons to redo the shell32.dll.mui files so i could fix the fact that i had lost my defaults due to this pack and in the end even after using the method you suggested it seriously f'ed up my shell32.dll.mui setup. i lost them completely and couldn't even access my search or right click features anymore. in the end i had to do several system restores and even several sfc/scannows before i even got it partially fixed. and it still couldnt fix all of the corrupted files. I honestly have no idea which areas were so badly damaged that even sfc/scannow claimed that they couldn't be fixed but at least i now know i cant use 7tsp to apply them. every time i tried to remove them with it it would falsly claim there to be an update detected for them and would skip them because of that. and it apparently messed something up in the proccess... I personally prefer to go without the custom shell32.dll.mui files in the it so i don't have to go through that again. This is a new computer and that took way too long to get it fixed this far... Apparently it refuses to have any effect at all when applying the wmploc files. it claims to have successfully patched them but wmplayer doesn't seem to change any.

gsw953
January 13th, 2017, 01:51 AM
Can you plz set it so the shell32.dll.mui image and wmploc things are manual install. 7tsp is giving me serious problems with shell32.dll.mui and it won't apply wmploc files at all. I just removed the icons to redo the shell32.dll.mui files so i could fix the fact that i had lost my defaults due to this pack and in the end even after using the method you suggested it seriously f'ed up my shell32.dll.mui setup. i lost them completely and couldn't even access my search or right click features anymore. in the end i had to do several system restores and even several sfc/scannows before i even got it partially fixed. and it still couldnt fix all of the corrupted files. I honestly have no idea which areas were so badly damaged that even sfc/scannow claimed that they couldn't be fixed but at least i now know i cant use 7tsp to apply them. every time i tried to remove them with it it would falsly claim there to be an update detected for them and would skip them because of that. and it apparently messed something up in the proccess... I personally prefer to go without the custom shell32.dll.mui files in the it so i don't have to go through that again. This is a new computer and that took way too long to get it fixed this far... Apparently it refuses to have any effect at all when applying the wmploc files. it claims to have successfully patched them but wmplayer doesn't seem to change any.
Just unzip the pack and remove them from the resources folder and re zip it.
They work fine for me on 3 different systems and none of the testers reported any issue,so the problem is most likely on your end.
I will take them out on the next update probably next week sometime

Nimbi
January 13th, 2017, 01:58 AM
They work fine for me on 3 different systems and none of the testers reported any issue,so the problem is most likely on your end.

Ok, and ya it probably is on my end. I've always had issues with shell32.dll.mui not installing/uninstalling properly. As for wmploc i can change it manually either way with no problems, it just doesn't seem to change on it's own via this pack for some reason. Thus some manual install files for those would be a good workaround for me when it comes to those.

gsw953
January 13th, 2017, 03:01 AM
Ok, and ya it probably is on my end. I've always had issues with shell32.dll.mui not installing/uninstalling properly. As for wmploc i can change it manually either way with no problems, it just doesn't seem to change on it's own via this pack for some reason. Thus some manual install files for those would be a good workaround for me when it comes to those.
Sure no problem,I will send them with the rest of your icons and other manual install files as soon as everything is done

January 13th, 2017, 11:19 AM

this folks s why i use rollback rx REGARDLESS one member here thinks.

January 13th, 2017, 11:22 AM

there is no point in taking them out for only one person having a problem. like you said they can just be manually removed from the 7tsp archive by the end user.

gsw953
January 15th, 2017, 04:17 AM
Here are the rest of the icons and the modified files for manually changing.
I think I got everything but let me know if I missed something.

Nimbi
January 21st, 2017, 04:57 PM
Here are the rest of the icons and the modified files for manually changing.
I think I got everything but let me know if I missed something.

I just noticed that the Pen and Touch icon wasn't included. Luckily I figured out where it is. It's in the same tabletpc.cpl file as the tabletpc icon is. Also I have some bluetooth icons that need changing. I'll include the files and file locations for you [the bluetooth ones are for a wireless usb bluetooth receiver]. The bluetooth one has a few different icons that need changing [two of them are for the control panel and one shows up in the This PC folder]. Programs, and locations are included in the 7z file below.

D0M1N13
January 25th, 2017, 01:33 PM
I am getting an error when trying to install the icon pack with 7tsp. The error is: "Could not find pack.ini. Make sure you are using a pack made for 7TSP." Anybody know how to fix this?

January 25th, 2017, 02:56 PM
I am getting an error when trying to install the icon pack with 7tsp. The error is: "Could not find pack.ini. Make sure you are using a pack made for 7TSP." Anybody know how to fix this?

you're trying to install from the parent folder once you extract the downloaded file. once you extract the files you want to point 7tsp to the file ending in .7z.

D0M1N13
January 25th, 2017, 06:12 PM
you're trying to install from the parent folder once you extract the downloaded file. once you extract the files you want to point 7tsp to the file ending in .7z.

Thanks a lot mate ! :)

daddydale
January 31st, 2017, 10:16 AM
Amazing Icon pack. Really puts the finishing touch on the theme I'm using. I do have a few questions though.

1. Is there any chance of getting a Java token light Icon? (If not no biggie I'll just hide it)
2. "Backup and Restore (Windows 7)" appears to have a subtle outline (not a big deal but if it could be fixed that'd be awesome. Screenshot is below)
3. Two of the control panel items are missing small icons ("Programs and Features" and "Default Programs"). This is what i'd like to be fixed most because I have edited my right click context menu to give me access to "Programs and Features" and as it is now there is just a black line where the icon should be (Screenshot is below).

1. Java Icon (I only want this because it evens out my control panel.....lol)
2. Backup and Restore (Windows 7) as you can see there is a small line on the bottom of the icon that you can really only see when it's highlighted.

Programs and Features and Default Programs.........the "Software" icon you see that's messed up references "Programs and Features" so fixing that will fix my right click context menu issue.

gsw953
January 31st, 2017, 12:20 PM
Amazing Icon pack. Really puts the finishing touch on the theme I'm using. I do have a few questions though.

1. Is there any chance of getting a Java token light Icon? (If not no biggie I'll just hide it)
2. "Backup and Restore (Windows 7)" appears to have a subtle outline (not a big deal but if it could be fixed that'd be awesome. Screenshot is below)
3. Two of the control panel items are missing small icons ("Programs and Features" and "Default Programs"). This is what i'd like to be fixed most because I have edited my right click context menu to give me access to "Programs and Features" and as it is now there is just a black line where the icon should be (Screenshot is below).

2. Backup and Restore (Windows 7) as you can see there is a small line on the bottom of the icon that you can really only see when it's highlighted.

Programs and Features and Default Programs.........the "Software" icon you see that's messed up references "Programs and Features" so fixing that will fix my right click context menu issue.
I will look at getting this issue fixed up and make you a Java icon.
I am pretty busy and only have time on weekends so it will take me a few days

daddydale
January 31st, 2017, 07:16 PM
I will look at getting this issue fixed up and make you a Java icon.
I am pretty busy and only have time on weekends so it will take me a few days

Thanks and again these are just minor issues that I would prefer to be fixed, but can easily deal without them. So if anything is causing you grief just throw it out and I won't lose sleep over it.

gsw953
February 6th, 2017, 01:46 AM

Here is a Java icon
If you want me to add it to the main icon pack I will need you to send me the .cpl or .dll that it goes in.
As for the disorted shadowed icons,I will be fixing them this week and updating the pack shortly.

Nimbi
February 23rd, 2017, 12:41 PM
Hello gsw,

I was wondering if you could change the icons used by my CSR Harmony Wireless Software Stack thing? I have the .ico for you and the files that use the icon. [it's a usb bluetooth receiver basically]. If you could icons from this multi res .ico file to it I would be very grateful. Here is a 7z file with [hopefully] all of the files needed.

The .ico icon in there that I'm asking to have applied to the program is a token light version of the Bluetooth icon it currently uses.

gsw953
February 23rd, 2017, 10:18 PM
Hello gsw,

I was wondering if you could change the icons used by my CSR Harmony Wireless Software Stack thing? I have the .ico for you and the files that use the icon. [it's a usb bluetooth receiver basically]. If you could icons from this multi res .ico file to it I would be very grateful. Here is a 7z file with [hopefully] all of the files needed.

The .ico icon in there that I'm asking to have applied to the program is a token light version of the Bluetooth icon it currently uses.

Sure,I will be back using Windows on the weekend so I can to it Saturday for you

Nimbi
February 24th, 2017, 02:35 AM
Sure,I will be back using Windows on the weekend so I can to it Saturday for you

Sweet! Thanks! :Peace:

sete
February 24th, 2017, 07:03 AM
Hi does not work, 7tsp does not open.
Not compatible with windows 10 64 pro.

Braux work but not for me.
Too much galley.

Nimbi
February 26th, 2017, 12:18 AM

Too much galley.

Hmmmm... strange... Are you sure you're using the most recent version of 7tsp? I'm not sure if that's the issue since I'm on Windows 10 Home but it works for me.

February 26th, 2017, 02:07 AM

Too much galley.

sorry but most of us that are using this icon pack are on windows 10 pro 64 bit.

gsw953
February 26th, 2017, 07:53 PM
Sweet! Thanks! :Peace:

Here you go

gsw953
February 26th, 2017, 07:56 PM

Too much galley.

The newest version of 7tsp works fine on both Windows 8 and Windows 10 pro.
This pack was tested on Windows 10 Pro before it was posted

Nimbi
February 26th, 2017, 09:10 PM
Here you go

Awesome thank you so much! Gonn a apply them now, lol :Peace:

Nimbi
February 27th, 2017, 04:15 AM
Hello gsw,

Sorry for not mentioning this sooner, I've been trying to find one already made for a while but still can't seem to find one. But, can you please make a token light Heroes of the Storm icon? As stated, I've been searching everywhere for one, but have simply given up since I can't find one. Thanks in advance. :Peace:

gsw953
February 27th, 2017, 04:36 AM
Hello gsw,

Sorry for not mentioning this sooner, I've been trying to find one already made for a while but still can't seem to find one. But, can you please make a token light Heroes of the Storm icon? As stated, I've been searching everywhere for one, but have simply given up since I can't find one. Thanks in advance. :Peace:

Will this work

Nimbi
February 27th, 2017, 06:03 AM
Will this work

Perfect! Thanks! :happy:

sete
March 2nd, 2017, 01:59 AM
Hi thanks for the solution, I look at this straight away.:content:

JeepWillys58
May 9th, 2017, 07:58 PM
Nice work buddy.

I'm new around here and also in this type of mode, so I'm going to be honest, I couldn't be a part of your job function, but I don't know how to change the icons, could you give me a hand on this? My knowledge on the topic is-0 ... lol

Thank you in advance for your work, attention and help.

A hug!

MOST_WASTED
May 10th, 2017, 06:54 AM
Nice work buddy.

I'm new around here and also in this type of mode, so I'm going to be honest, I couldn't be a part of your job function, but I don't know how to change the icons, could you give me a hand on this? My knowledge on the topic is-0 ... lol

Thank you in advance for your work, attention and help.

A hug!

You will need to download an app called 7tsp. All instructions to be able to use these icons are included on the post above, The words that are highlighted in a different color are links. Click on them to find out how to do each one

gsw953
May 29th, 2017, 03:34 AM
I am getting ready to update this pack to include all
the requested added icons in the thread so far
plus some more shell32 icons and a couple of
program icons(like Explorer)

So if anyone wants anything else added let me
know in the next day or two

Shemhamforash
October 11th, 2017, 12:08 AM
Thanks a lot for these icons. You did a great job putting them together. They came in huge help with making my new theme screenshots.

Nimbi
October 11th, 2017, 02:33 AM
still love this. just wish it were possible to do without 7tsp. not too big of an issue though. I just have hell removing icons it applies. for some reason even restore points don't remove them for me. But I dun care. Gonna be doing a fresh install soon when i get my new custom pc so not something im worried about. especially since im pretty sure the hole issue is that my laptop is a HP latop, lol. HP alays uses it's own modified bios and that has proven to be an issue with customizing lol.

Thanks for this icon pack gsw =D

Nimbi
October 11th, 2017, 03:43 AM
Here's some requested control panel icons:

Some of these were there before but seem to have been removed during a repackage apparently, lol.

I've included the files and a .txt file with the locations in there.

---EDIT---

Whoops. spotted a compatability issue with the StartIsBackCfg.exe in this one. Here's mine:

I'm on StartIsBack++ 2.5.1

gsw953
October 11th, 2017, 04:17 AM
Here's some requested control panel icons:

Some of these were there before but seem to have been removed during a repackage apparently, lol.

I've included the files and a .txt file with the locations in there.

---EDIT---

Whoops. spotted a compatability issue with the StartIsBackCfg.exe in this one. Here's mine:

I'm on StartIsBack++ 2.5.1

Ok,give me a couple of days and I will figure out where the missing files go to and add what is not there :)
and I will add an updated StartisBack

Nimbi
October 11th, 2017, 04:25 AM
Ok,give me a couple of days and I will figure out where the missing files go to and add what is not there :)
and I will add an updated StartisBack

Awesome. Thanks. :Peace:

Shemhamforash
October 11th, 2017, 08:46 PM
The taskbar pin and unpin buttons might need some tweaking, pretty sure they are 5101 5102 in imageres.dll.

gsw953
October 11th, 2017, 09:31 PM
The taskbar pin and unpin buttons might need some tweaking, pretty sure they are 5101 5102 in imageres.dll.

ok I will see about changing them too,I had them as a dot because I didn't like
having the pin in the Explorer Quick Access menu

Shemhamforash
October 11th, 2017, 09:39 PM
ok I will see about changing them too,I had them as a dot because I didn't like
having the pin in the Explorer Quick Access menu

sure, whatever works best for you, the main thing is the close icon.

Dicehunter
October 19th, 2017, 08:25 PM
Anyone have an up to date copy of 7tsp by chance ? I'm struggling to find a download for it.

gsw953
October 22nd, 2017, 04:01 AM
Anyone have an up to date copy of 7tsp by chance ? I'm struggling to find a download for it.

look here http://virtualcustoms.net/showthread.php/70720-Help-7tsp?p=330243&viewfull=1#post330243

FiTADiNE
October 22nd, 2017, 10:36 AM
gsw953, hello. Which pack is better? This or Token Light iPack? Which one is up to date?

Nimbi
November 20th, 2017, 04:06 AM
Looks good,if you can get your icon cache rebuilt the quick access
and command bar buttons will also get changed. Let me know if you can't
get them to change. I have a trick!

I can't get them to change, lol. I even tried rebuilding the icon cache but no go

gsw953
November 20th, 2017, 04:30 AM
I can't get them to change, lol. I even tried rebuilding the icon cache but no go
I thought you weren't going to use 7tsp packs anymore? Or was that just on your old machine?
Anyway,did you rebuild it using this method? http://www.thewindowsclub.com/rebuild-icon-clear-thumbnail-cache-windows-10
If yes and it still didn't work ,then go to Programs and Features >Turn Windows Features on or off
Either turn something on or turn something off.
It doesn't matter what,you can undo it after a restart
usually I turn on Hyper V but you probably don't have that so try another Feature

FiTADiNE
November 20th, 2017, 07:08 AM
Will you update this pack?

Nimbi
November 20th, 2017, 08:04 AM
I thought you weren't going to use 7tsp packs anymore? Or was that just on your old machine?
Anyway,did you rebuild it using this method? http://www.thewindowsclub.com/rebuild-icon-clear-thumbnail-cache-windows-10
If yes and it still didn't work ,then go to Programs and Features >Turn Windows Features on or off
Either turn something on or turn something off.
It doesn't matter what,you can undo it after a restart
usually I turn on Hyper V but you probably don't have that so try another Feature

Ya that was my old machine that didn't play well with 7tsp. This one works flawlessly with 7tsp. I'm guessing 7tsp simply doesn't play well with HP systems lol. Either way yeah i tried the program from thewiwindowsclub, it didn't work. i was however using a portable version of 7tsp so i temporarily removed he iPack to replace it using the installer you linked. Not sure if it makes a difference but I figured I'd try anyways. As for the disabling and re enabling windows features trick.... i honestly never thought of that, lol.

---EDIT---

Yep, the installer version did the trick. No idea what the difference is but for some reason the portable version simply didn't apply the Quick Access icon or the shell icons. The installer version applied them perfectly though.

Nimbi
November 20th, 2017, 08:24 AM
Will you update this pack?

If I'm not mistaken I believe he actually just recently updated it.

FiTADiNE
December 17th, 2017, 06:02 AM
If I'm not mistaken I believe he actually just recently updated it.

Nope..

I am getting ready to update this pack to include all
the requested added icons in the thread so far
plus some more shell32 icons and a couple of
program icons(like Explorer)

w10 token light.
Last edited by gsw953; 01-05-2017 at 05:46 AM.

harvey
June 24th, 2018, 05:33 PM
Ty very much for really awesome :)

Nimbi
December 1st, 2018, 05:28 PM
I updated the StartIsBackCfg to version 2.7.3 for everyone.

ミறѳѳղղįզվદ彡
December 1st, 2018, 05:33 PM
I updated the StartIsBackCfg to version 2.7.3 for everyone.

:beaut::f:

Nimbi
December 1st, 2018, 05:42 PM
I just updated the OneDrive icon too. so it should work properly now as well

Nimbi
December 6th, 2018, 03:54 AM
ok so this completely disabled my metro apps. and i'm on a Microsoft account that is activated with a digital license linked to my account. not a good thing .. especially since i had to change my Microsoft password recently and now i need my metro apps back to make sure my PC doesn't lose it' activation.... anyone know how to restore my metro apps? because uninstalling this didn't do it.

I need to get this fixed fast because I'm already three days into the password change.

I'm getting a Class Not Registered eror with multiple metro apps. including the settings app and it all started when i installed this.

Here is a list of apps in my apps folder [showing apps with issues as well].

Nimbi
January 6th, 2019, 03:18 AM
I updated OneDrive and StartIsBackCfg again. OneDrive should work on Windows 10 RS5 now if you use the new one included below. And StartIsBack++ 2.8 BETA 2 should also work now with the updated version below.

OneDrive Product version in this is 18.222.1104.0007 for those interested.

Nimbi
February 2nd, 2019, 08:24 PM
Here is a Java icon
If you want me to add it to the main icon pack I will need you to send me the .cpl or .dll that it goes in.
As for the disorted shadowed icons,I will be fixing them this week and updating the pack shortly.

Here is the Javacpl file for adding the Java icon into the pack if you're still up for it. I've been using Java a lot lately lol.

---EDIT---

Actually here is the now Token Light javacpl file as well to make things easier for ya lol.

ミறѳѳղղįզվદ彡
February 2nd, 2019, 09:47 PM
Here is the Javacpl file for adding the Java icon into the pack if you're still up for it. I've been using Java a lot lately lol.

---EDIT---

Actually here is the now Token Light javacpl file as well to make things easier for ya lol.

:beautiful::f:

Nimbi
February 2nd, 2019, 10:06 PM
I've made a Token Light AMD Settings icon for use with this as well if anyone wants it

There's one for AMD Adrenaline 19.1.1 and another for AMD Adrenaline 19.1.2 in there.

Nimbi
February 2nd, 2019, 10:21 PM
Now if gsw956 is up for it.. I have a simple request lmao... I've been looking for Token Light versions of the GPU Tweak 2 icons bt can't find them, so if you're up for it would you be willing to make some?

Here are the files for it if you're up for it lol

gsw953
February 2nd, 2019, 11:57 PM

---EDIT---

Now if gsw956 is up for it.. I have a simple request lmao... I've been looking for Token Light versions of the GPU Tweak 2 icons bt can't find them, so if you're up for it would you be willing to make some?

Here are the files for it if you're up for it lol

I'll do it but it won't be for a bit, I don't have anything running Windows
right now. Everything I have is running OSX 10.14 :Smile:

Nimbi
February 3rd, 2019, 02:02 AM
I'll do it but it won't be for a bit, I don't have anything running Windows
right now. Everything I have is running OSX 10.14 :Smile:

awesome, sounds good to me. Also so you know if it's possible to stop OneDrive from auto restoring it's default icon in Windows 10 1809 FCU? I got it to change icons with my updated Toke Light OneDrive.exe but it seems it auto restores to default after some time.....

Donkuz
February 3rd, 2019, 05:07 AM
awesome, sounds good to me. Also so you know if it's possible to stop OneDrive from auto restoring it's default icon in Windows 10 1809 FCU? I got it to change icons with my updated Toke Light OneDrive.exe but it seems it auto restores to default after some time.....Have you tryed WinAero Tweeker in Customize This PC's Folders, I used to use it for The 3D Folder before it started getting added in Ipacks and it never changed, "just a thought" it might help.

ミறѳѳղղįզվદ彡
February 3rd, 2019, 12:57 PM
awesome, sounds good to me. Also so you know if it's possible to stop OneDrive from auto restoring it's default icon in Windows 10 1809 FCU? I got it to change icons with my updated Toke Light OneDrive.exe but it seems it auto restores to default after some time.....

Have you tryed WinAero Tweeker in Customize This PC's Folders, I used to use it for The 3D Folder before it started getting added in Ipacks and it never changed, "just a thought" it might help.
you not need application for replacing original onedrive folder - http://virtualcustoms.net/showthread.php/79352-How-to-change-OneDrive-FolderIcon (http://virtualcustoms.net/showthread.php/79352-How-to-change-OneDrive-FolderIcon)

Nimbi
February 3rd, 2019, 04:43 PM
you not need application for replacing original onedrive folder - http://virtualcustoms.net/showthread.php/79352-How-to-change-OneDrive-FolderIcon (http://virtualcustoms.net/showthread.php/79352-How-to-change-OneDrive-FolderIcon)

Yeah replacing the OneDrive.exe with the custom one is what I did but the icons keep auto restoring back to default in mine for some reason.

ミறѳѳղղįզվદ彡
February 4th, 2019, 01:49 PM
Yeah replacing the OneDrive.exe with the custom one is what I did but the icons keep auto restoring back to default in mine for some reason.
and you are using onedrive app. or no and is inactive on windows startup and from tray icon on taskbar for me yes and no problem:Peace:

Nimbi
February 4th, 2019, 04:47 PM
and you are using onedrive app. or no and is inactive on windows startup and from tray icon on taskbar for me yes and no problem:Peace:

Mine is kept active in tray because I use it to keep some of my files synced. I basically just wanted the file explorer navigation pane icon to stay token but I'm guessing I'll need to take ownership of the registry location to do that and I'm not sure if OneDrive will work after that due to Microsoft's BS, lol. That and I can't even figure out where the registry location even IS​ for OneDrive, lmao.

ミறѳѳղղįզվદ彡
February 4th, 2019, 06:30 PM
Mine is kept active in tray because I use it to keep some of my files synced. I basically just wanted the file explorer navigation pane icon to stay token but I'm guessing I'll need to take ownership of the registry location to do that and I'm not sure if OneDrive will work after that due to Microsoft's BS, lol. That and I can't even figure out where the registry location even IS​ for OneDrive, lmao.
them i think this is the problem when is activated and updated on the higher version then is automatically changed back the original icon
because higher version of the onedrive.exe after updating using the higher number and new .exe file and need again to change
http://i63.tinypic.com/2u6g11w.png

dhjohns
February 4th, 2019, 10:16 PM
Mine is kept active in tray because I use it to keep some of my files synced. I basically just wanted the file explorer navigation pane icon to stay token but I'm guessing I'll need to take ownership of the registry location to do that and I'm not sure if OneDrive will work after that due to Microsoft's BS, lol. That and I can't even figure out where the registry location even IS​ for OneDrive, lmao.Here is my script. Substitute in what you need in order to run it, like icon, username, etc. With this script the custom icon sticks. This is a batch file. Here is subinacl.exe if you don't have it. 81494
@Echo Off
(cd /d "%~dp0")&&(NET FILE||(powershell start-process -FilePath '%0' -verb runas)&&(exit /B)) >NUL 2>&1

Reg.exe add "HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\HideDesktopIcons\NewStartPanel" /v "{018D5C66-4533-4307-9B53-224DE2ED1FE6}" /t REG_DWORD /d "1" /f >NUL 2>&1
Reg.exe add "HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Desktop\NameSpace\{018D5C66-4533-4307-9B53-224DE2ED1FE6}" /ve /t REG_SZ /d "" /f >NUL 2>&1
Reg.exe add "HKCR\CLSID\{018D5C66-4533-4307-9B53-224DE2ED1FE6}\DefaultIcon" /ve /t REG_SZ /d "C:\Windows\System32\imageres.dll,207" /f >NUL 2>&1

subinacl /keyreg HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\HideDesktopIcons\NewStartPanel /grant="%USERNAME%"=r /revoke=administrators /setowner="%USERNAME%" >NUL 2>&1

subinacl /keyreg HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Desktop\NameSpace\{018D5C66-4533-4307-9B53-224DE2ED1FE6} /grant="%USERNAME%"=r /revoke=administrators /setowner="%USERNAME%" >NUL 2>&1

subinacl /keyreg HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{018D5C66-4533-4307-9B53-224DE2ED1FE6}\DefaultIcon /grant="%USERNAME%"=r /revoke=administrators /setowner="%USERNAME%" >NUL 2>&1

pause

Nimbi
February 6th, 2019, 06:36 PM
Updated the Change Manually folder again. I've included pretty much all manuall change icons into it this time, and have added one for StartIsBack 2.8 RC since all I had was one for StartIsBack 2.8 BETA 2 lol.

Nimbi
February 6th, 2019, 06:40 PM
Here is my script. Substitute in what you need in order to run it, like icon, username, etc. With this script the custom icon sticks. This is a batch file. Here is subinacl.exe if you don't have it. 81494
@Echo Off
(cd /d "%~dp0")&&(NET FILE||(powershell start-process -FilePath '%0' -verb runas)&&(exit /B)) >NUL 2>&1

Reg.exe add "HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\HideDesktopIcons\NewStartPanel" /v "{018D5C66-4533-4307-9B53-224DE2ED1FE6}" /t REG_DWORD /d "1" /f >NUL 2>&1
Reg.exe add "HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Desktop\NameSpace\{018D5C66-4533-4307-9B53-224DE2ED1FE6}" /ve /t REG_SZ /d "" /f >NUL 2>&1
Reg.exe add "HKCR\CLSID\{018D5C66-4533-4307-9B53-224DE2ED1FE6}\DefaultIcon" /ve /t REG_SZ /d "C:\Windows\System32\imageres.dll,207" /f >NUL 2>&1

subinacl /keyreg HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\HideDesktopIcons\NewStartPanel /grant="%USERNAME%"=r /revoke=administrators /setowner="%USERNAME%" >NUL 2>&1

subinacl /keyreg HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Desktop\NameSpace\{018D5C66-4533-4307-9B53-224DE2ED1FE6} /grant="%USERNAME%"=r /revoke=administrators /setowner="%USERNAME%" >NUL 2>&1

subinacl /keyreg HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{018D5C66-4533-4307-9B53-224DE2ED1FE6}\DefaultIcon /grant="%USERNAME%"=r /revoke=administrators /setowner="%USERNAME%" >NUL 2>&1

pause

Right about now I wish I actually knew what parts of that would actually be substituted lmao. I just copied the custom OneDrive EXE over the current one to make the updated version so I have no idea what the icons are actually called or even located at, not to mention the registry paths for my system are weird asf lmao

A fair few custom strings built in by CyberPowerPC that aren't in other versions So I'm not entirely sure if that one will effect an area with custom strings lmao.

Nimbi
February 6th, 2019, 06:54 PM
Here is my script. Substitute in what you need in order to run it, like icon, username, etc. With this script the custom icon sticks. This is a batch file. Here is subinacl.exe if you don't have it. 81494
@Echo Off

pause

Right about now I wish I actually knew what parts of that would actually be substituted lmao. I just copied the custom OneDrive EXE over the current one to make the updated version so I have no idea what the icons are actually called or even located at, not to mention the registry paths for my system are weird asf lmao

A fair few custom strings built in by CyberPowerPC that aren't in other versions So I'm not entirely sure if that one will effect an area with custom strings lmao.

THE POWER OF WINGING IT PREVAILETH!!!! lmao

All I changed were the "%USERNAME%" parts and placed the exe you linked into the "C:/Users/%USERNAME%/AppData/Local/Microsoft/OneDrive/" folder than ran the batch and logged out and back in and VOILLA!!!

Thank you SOOOOOOOOO much for the help dhjohns (http://virtualcustoms.net/member.php/298513-dhjohns) :happy:

dhjohns
February 6th, 2019, 09:29 PM
I am always glad to help! I have several files I always put in System32, and that is one of them (subinacl.) I used to do this manually, but grew tired of doing this every time so I wrote a script for it.

Nimbi
February 6th, 2019, 11:55 PM
I am always glad to help! I have several files I always put in System32, and that is one of them (subinacl.) I used to do this manually, but grew tired of doing this every time so I wrote a script for it.

Awesome! tyvm =)

Black!HatCat
February 18th, 2019, 05:22 PM
Hey Guys,

iam new to the Buisness, but your work looks really Amazing :loving:

Is there maybe some tutorial to install the Icon packing?

I use your Windows 10 1809 Theme "A touch of color purple2 and only the icons are missing.

The recommend tools i have installed.

Thanks alot for all answers and help.

regards

phoenixiz
March 22nd, 2019, 02:20 AM
Hello im phoenixiz and i want to explore this web side.

phoenixiz
March 22nd, 2019, 02:31 AM
big up men

RAZZTJGIE
April 15th, 2020, 07:51 AM
Thank You

chronix
April 30th, 2022, 11:01 AM
Hello,
I have such a problem that some file formats including .exe have broken icon in the background.
Do you know how to solve my problem (how to delete that broken icon)? I am attaching the screenshot. Please help :) Regards