PDA

View Full Version : Some Themes Not Working with Topshell

Shemhamforash
January 14th, 2017, 10:02 PM
Hi, why do some themes not work with the Topshell? I am using Mr GRiM's topshell shell folder from HUD Machine. A lot of themes will work with it, but I have a problem with a white explorer with my imports of Razorsedge' reworked themes for example. Just wondering what I can change in the msstyles to get them to work with it. Thanks for the help.

gsw953
January 14th, 2017, 10:13 PM
Did you try restarting Explorer with the theme loaded?

Shemhamforash
January 14th, 2017, 10:21 PM
Did you try restarting Explorer with the theme loaded?

Yes, still comes up like this after restarting explorer.

It's necessary switch themes or enter testing mode, than restart explorer when this happens.

gsw953
January 14th, 2017, 10:39 PM
Yes, still comes up like this after restarting explorer.

It's necessary switch themes or enter testing mode, than restart explorer when this happens.
Oh,I see.Does it work with normal shell.
Remember awhile ago when I was having the same problem with Dark Elegance but it worked for you.
I never did figure out why it was happening, I ended up doing a fresh import and it mysteriously started working

Shemhamforash
January 14th, 2017, 10:45 PM
Oh,I see.Does it work with normal shell.
Remember awhile ago when I was having the same problem with Dark Elegance but it worked for you.
I never did figure out why it was happening, I ended up doing a fresh import and it mysteriously started working

Yes, the theme(s) work with a normal Shell folder. Than some other themes work with the Topshell folder. The theme is being directed to the correct path and everything. So I thought it must be a setting in the msstyles. Thought maybe it would be Explorer & Shell > Explorer > PreviewPane > Details Background > Horizontal / Vertical having different settings from each other. But I've had no luck yet finding what the difference is between themes that work with this shellstyle and the ones that don't.

gsw953
January 14th, 2017, 11:11 PM
Yes, the theme(s) work with a normal Shell folder. Than some other themes work with the Topshell folder. The theme is being directed to the correct path and everything. So I thought it must be a setting in the msstyles. Thought maybe it would be Explorer & Shell > Explorer > PreviewPane > Details Background > Horizontal / Vertical having different settings from each other. But I've had no luck yet finding what the difference is between themes that work with this shellstyle and the ones that don't.
I'm not sure ,I have never had to change anything in the msstyle to get topshell to work.
It could be something random,like when alt\tab doesn't work and the fix is in dwm window
Hopefully someone will have a solution

Shemhamforash
January 15th, 2017, 12:47 AM
I'm not sure ,I have never had to change anything in the msstyle to get topshell to work.
It could be something random,like when alt\tab doesn't work and the fix is in dwm window
Hopefully someone will have a solution

Could you upload a topshell for me to try with a theme? I'm not sure if it's different than the one Mr GRiM provides in his theme, but maybe it's worth a shot. I can't find his thread that had instructions for making shellstyle.dlls for the AU.

freak69ize
January 15th, 2017, 01:00 AM
Hi, why do some themes not work with the Topshell? I am using Mr GRiM's topshell shell folder from HUD Machine. A lot of themes will work with it, but I have a problem with a white explorer with my imports of Razorsedge' reworked themes for example. Just wondering what I can change in the msstyles to get them to work with it. Thanks for the help.

In the msstyle make sure it has a text color added in
Explorer & Shell > Explorer > ProperTree > Navigation Text

gsw953
January 15th, 2017, 01:53 AM
Could you upload a topshell for me to try with a theme? I'm not sure if it's different than the one Mr GRiM provides in his theme, but maybe it's worth a shot. I can't find his thread that had instructions for making shellstyle.dlls for the AU.
Try this one,it is working here for me on any theme I have added it to

Shemhamforash
January 15th, 2017, 02:43 AM
Try this one,it is working here for me on any theme I have added it to

In the msstyle make sure it has a text color added in
Explorer & Shell > Explorer > ProperTree > Navigation Text

Thanks guys, freak69ize (http://virtualcustoms.net/member.php/201075-freak69ize) advice worked for me.

Edit: Weird how some themes work with topshell even though they don't have this property.

freak69ize
January 15th, 2017, 03:58 AM
Thanks guys, freak69ize (http://virtualcustoms.net/member.php/201075-freak69ize) advice worked for me.

Edit: Weird how some themes work with topshell even though they don't have this property.

Razor modifies the shell dll in his system folder instead of having it in the theme folder. Im not sure how this matters but ive never got any of his themes to work in topshell without adding that property. Np bud.. just passing on some of Grims knowledge