PDA

View Full Version : Theme Grief

Smokes
January 17th, 2017, 08:31 PM
Hello
I have tried a few brilliant themes and finding some do not apply right. some panels and areas remain white I was going to try and upload a screenshot but do not want to make the same mistake when I uploaded one last time, It came out huge! when it was uploaded I had no idea how to sort it.

I have installed UniversalThemePatcher_20090409 on Win7 Pro x64 SP1 the Themes I have tried are Dark Ultimate and Blade. There are a lot I would love but getting frustrated why I cant apply them there are white areas on explorer panel at left hand side. When I right click on computer > Properties there is a big white area again to the left. What am I doing wrong? There is one that did work well its called Midnight Theme, Its brilliant Thanks to Mr Grim :-)

Thanks
Smokes

Shemhamforash
January 17th, 2017, 09:12 PM
You need to install Theme Resource Changer (http://virtualcustoms.net/showthread.php/31635-How-to-use-theme-resource-changer) to properly apply a theme from VC for Windows 7

Smokes
January 18th, 2017, 11:41 AM
Hi
I installed Resource changer made 3 files in Win\res\themes and still getting this

is this normal with some themes? apologies about the size of these screenshots

Thanks
Smokes

Shemhamforash
January 18th, 2017, 02:45 PM
Is your DPI at 100%? All you should have to do is install the program. The themes are set up already to run with it

Smokes
January 18th, 2017, 02:58 PM
Is your DPI at 100%? All you should have to do is install the program. The themes are set up already to run with it

Yes i have DPI@100% im not having much luck! I paid for some themes yesterday can a Moderator look into why I cant download them. I have sent a few emails and have had no reply. Order number 6647, I did manage to log into VC Shop after a right mess around but still cant download , can anyone Please tell me what on earth is going on?

Smokes

AlphaOmega
January 18th, 2017, 04:47 PM
Hi
I installed Resource changer made 3 files in Win\res\themes and still getting this

Thanks
Smokes

Hmmm.I have seen this before,but i cant seem to quite remember what the fix was.Im pretty sure it was something really simple.argg.Did you patch all 3 files and then install theme resource changer? also,did you change anything in control panel/system and security/system/advanced system settings/performance? try checking (Let windows chose whats best for my computer) and see if that helps.I know i have ran into this before.I might try to replicate it and see if i can get the same thing as your getting.If i can,i will come back with a solution.

Dark Knight
January 18th, 2017, 05:39 PM
Hi

Thanks
Smokes

The patching process for Windows 7 is:

1.) Install Universal Theme Patcher (make sure you patch all 3 .dll files)
2.) Reboot
3.) Install Theme Resource Changer
4.) Install AeroGlass (Not a requirement)
5.) Select / or install the theme you want to apply

If you have missed any of the steps above (it looks as though you may have), go back to the default Windows theme uninstall any tools you may have installed, reboot and start over again.

Make sure you are using a theme from the Windows 7 thread of this forum, Windows 8 and Windows 10 themes will not work on 7

Shemhamforash
January 18th, 2017, 08:41 PM
The patching process for Windows 7 is:

4.) Install AeroGlass (Not a requirement)

Make sure you are using a theme from the Windows 7 thread of this forum, Windows 8 and Windows 10 themes will not work on 7

There is no third party aero glass for Windows 7 ;)

Smokes
January 18th, 2017, 08:55 PM
Thank you both for the reply and help, Themes are working fine now Pleased its sorted :-)

I can log into VC store now but getting error 403 when I click on the link to download can anyone shed any light to why its happening?

Smokes

Where do fonts go in extras folder do these stop with the theme or are they applied manually?

Thanks

Dark Knight
January 18th, 2017, 09:25 PM
Where do fonts go in extras folder do these stop with the theme or are they applied manually?

Thanks

Fonts need to be installed manually if not already installed on your system.

Sorry about the AeroGlass thing, been a while since using 7 wasn't sure if it was needed or not :cheeky:

Shemhamforash
January 18th, 2017, 09:50 PM
I can log into VC store now but getting error 403 when I click on the link to download can anyone shed any light to why its happening?

Smokes

You'll have to PM Grim about the shop. The only themes for sale now is the HUD Machine series.

Smokes
January 18th, 2017, 09:57 PM
You'll have to PM Grim about the shop. The only themes for sale now is the HUD Machine series.

Yesterday I paid for them Ive tried again and get a message "sorry not accepting orders from your reigon" odd they accepted yesterday. Im getting a bit P***d off i have sent emails and got nothing back! so much for CS! Mr Grim why has this happened?

Smokes

Smokes
January 18th, 2017, 10:01 PM
Fonts need to be installed manually if not already installed on your system.

Thank you for the reply. so it would be a case of putting these into windows\fonts and select the font manually?

Smokes

Shemhamforash
January 18th, 2017, 10:03 PM
Yesterday I paid for them Ive tried again and get a message "sorry not accepting orders from your reigon" odd they accepted yesterday. Im getting a bit P***d off i have sent emails and got nothing back! so much for CS! Mr Grim why has this happened?

Smokes

Just send him a pm, he will get back to you eventually. :Grim:

Dark Knight
January 18th, 2017, 10:09 PM
Thank you for the reply. so it would be a case of putting these into windows\fonts and select the font manually?

Smokes

No, individually or select all font files with the theme, right click on them and select "install" it will then install all fonts not already installed on your system.

SilverHawk
November 17th, 2017, 06:46 PM
Shemhamforash (http://virtualcustoms.net/member.php/280089-Shemhamforash) & Smokes. I am having the same problem with my left-side panels not being skinned. Tried everything i can think of. Windows 7 64bit. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Shemhamforash
November 17th, 2017, 07:18 PM
Shemhamforash (http://virtualcustoms.net/member.php/280089-Shemhamforash) & Smokes. I am having the same problem with my left-side panels not being skinned. Tried everything i can think of. Windows 7 64bit. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

If it's Windows 7, themes from here require Theme Resource Changer.rar (http://virtualcustoms.net/attachment.php?attachmentid=67386&d=1397921830) installed to change those images.

SilverHawk
November 17th, 2017, 08:21 PM
yeah Thanks, I am aware of that. I uninstalled and reinstalled everything. Universal Theme Patcher | Theme Resource Changer | etc. with no change. Im stuck. I have been using themes from here for many years and suddenly this has happened. I don't understand what could have caused it or what I can do to fix it. Thanks for trying to help. I appreciate it.