PDA

View Full Version : E-DNA for Windows 8.1

Splitwirez
January 15th, 2017, 07:37 PM
Another thing I'd beeen working on...

https://i.imgur.com/8I8AF5R.png

Hadn't planned on formally announcing this yet, but

http://www.techworm.net/wp-content/uploads/2015/07/0f39b984-e4b8-4615-ba31-2c789b23cf7bwallpaper1.jpg

, so now I'm just rolling with it, I guess. I actually kinda need some help with this one...anyone here know how to make the Navigation Pane thingy on the left side of Explorer use an image as its background? .______.

January 21st, 2017, 07:15 PM
Any chance the OP could be a post of mine? It'd be nice to be able to update it as time goes on...

...not to mention that the style's actual name is E-DNA ._.
(You'd understand why if you'd played the game)

yes, but i'm not sure if mods can do it. i'll take a look around and see if i have permission. if i don't i'll pm grim.

DeathSlayer
January 21st, 2017, 09:52 PM
I love it Nice work Splitwirez (http://virtualcustoms.net/member.php/312367-Splitwirez)

Why Did you edited my post???2635599 (http://virtualcustoms.net/member.php/177825-2635599)

All's i ask was How much is this theme $$$$$$. Where can i get this from Splitwirez (http://virtualcustoms.net/member.php/312367-Splitwirez)

Shemhamforash
January 22nd, 2017, 12:49 AM
yes, but i'm not sure if mods can do it. i'll take a look around and see if i have permission. if i don't i'll pm grim.

Edit: I merged the posts and adjusted the thread title :cheeky:

@2635599 I think you wrote a response to me, you actually edited my post though. I didn't delete your response I just changed my own post :idk:

Nimbi
January 22nd, 2017, 01:02 AM
another tidbit from Splitwirez (http://virtualcustoms.net/member.php/312367-Splitwirez)

https://i.imgur.com/8I8AF5R.png

Moved this to it's own thread for Splitwirez (http://virtualcustoms.net/member.php/312367-Splitwirez) so it will be easier to find when people start looking for it.

Any chance the OP could be a post of mine? It'd be nice to be able to update it as time goes on...

...not to mention that the style's actual name is E-DNA ._.
(You'd understand why if you'd played the game)

Glad that got corrected, lol. I thought it was a Darkspore based one since I thought I saw mention somewhere of it looking similar to a Darkspore styled theme, lol. Hope that wasn't too much hassle, lol.

January 22nd, 2017, 12:00 PM
Edit: I merged the posts and adjusted the thread title :cheeky:

@2635599 I think you wrote a response to me, you actually edited my post though. I didn't delete your response I just changed my own post :idk:

what are you talking about? i didn't touch your post.

Shemhamforash
January 22nd, 2017, 12:19 PM
what are you talking about? i didn't touch your post.

Yes you did, in my last post in this thread when I went to edit it, you had already edited it with a comment saying you'd tried to do something similar to deleteing the first two posts and then had the thread deleted by accident (which I've also done) :laughing:

January 22nd, 2017, 12:41 PM
Yes you did, in my last post in this thread when I went to edit it, you had already edited it with a comment saying you'd tried to do something similar to deleteing the first two posts and then had the thread deleted by accident (which I've also done) :laughing:

ok i know what i did then. i must of hit edit instead of quote and did catch it. not surprised with the friggin day i was having.

my previous post as i best remember it, "i tried to change ownership of a thread by deleteing the first two post of a thread and because i deleted the first post it took to entire thread."

devillnside
January 24th, 2017, 01:42 AM
looks absolutely stunning mate

archmage94
January 31st, 2017, 09:47 PM
That looks awesome. Any chance of a Windows 10 port?

deno240
February 2nd, 2017, 10:07 PM
where is the link to this awesome theme?

Nimbi
February 2nd, 2017, 10:40 PM
loks great, where is the download link?

where is the link to this awesome theme?

This theme isn't quite ready yet, but I'm sure it will be posted once it's finished. So keep your eyes peeled for any news on it. :Peace:

deno240
February 3rd, 2017, 12:32 AM
great, as you can tell im a noob and think this is the nicest theme ive seen. thats saying alot too....

Splitwirez
February 14th, 2017, 12:01 AM
EDIT: Fine, nevermind. I'll finish it for you guys. Happy now?

freak69ize
February 14th, 2017, 07:53 AM
Welp...looks like my vision for this VS will never be truly realized...

I...I don't think I can finish it, knowing that...

...can someone please move this thread to the MsStyles dump subforum? I'll post what I had done thus far and the resources for someone else to make something of it once that's done.

Im just saying to my knowledge i dont know of any way.. not that is is impossible. Ask one of the themers here and see what they say

February 14th, 2017, 11:05 AM
Welp...looks like my vision for this VS will never be truly realized...

I...I don't think I can finish it, knowing that...

...can someone please move this thread to the MsStyles dump subforum? I'll post what I had done thus far and the resources for someone else to make something of it once that's done.

personally i don't use the navigation pane, and in my book with as much stuff as there is in the nav pane a image would be TOOOO distracting. there is plenty you can do to make this theme pop without customizing the nav pane. on that note this thread will remain where it is in the hopes that you will continue with this theme. on another note i took another look at your above image and personally i'd use the level of transparency on that startmenu for both the main windows explorer window and the navigation.

freak69ize
February 14th, 2017, 12:25 PM
personally i don't use the navigation pane, and in my book with as much stuff as there is in the nav pane a image would be TOOOO distracting. there is plenty you can do to make this theme pop without customizing the nav pane. on that note this thread will remain where it is in the hopes that you will continue with this theme. on another note i took another look at your above image and personally i'd use the level of transparency on that startmenu for both the main windows explorer window and the navigation.

I dont even know how he got the nav pane to be transparent like that. lol I agree though.. went this far with it.. might as well finish. Someone else would prolly turn it into something totally different

Splitwirez
February 14th, 2017, 01:35 PM
Im just saying to my knowledge i dont know of any way.. not that is is impossible. Ask one of the themers here and see what they say
...fair point.

Actually I only wanted an image to fix the excessive transparency...my vision looked kinda like this:
http://s2.dmcdn.net/T7wW1/1280x720-W5w.jpg

I dont even know how he got the nav pane to be transparent like that. lol I agree though.. went this far with it.. might as well finish. Someone else would prolly turn it into something totally different
It's pretty simple, actually: Just use Black Glass Enhanced and WinaeroGlass at the same time. Problem is, it can't be a really dark colour, as that produces near-100% transparency, with no blur.

Anywaves, this encouragement from you guys really means a lot to me. Maybe I can still make something satisfactory of this...

February 14th, 2017, 02:22 PM
Splitwirez (http://virtualcustoms.net/member.php/312367-Splitwirez) now that we know that it's the transparency level you're worried about should be plently of peeps on here that can help you figure it out.

gsw953
February 15th, 2017, 02:15 AM
I think in this case,to get the look you want,you would be better off using Aero Glass,Black Glass Enhanced and the Aero Glass Gui.
I only say this because it would give you a lot more control of the transparency and the blur.
Also if you were to use a custom Glass Reflection Image you would be able to have a gradient image in the Navigation Pane
Here is a quick example,it obviously it need some work but I think you can get what I am saying

Splitwirez
February 15th, 2017, 03:20 PM
I wanted to do that...but there's a problem: I need the alpha transparency provided by WinaeroGlass to make the borders work...and the little gap between the titlebar and the stuff below...if only there was a way to restrict the glass to the client area only and have true alpha transparency in the borders... :/
(I mean, that, or I'm just configuring it incorrectly .-. )

Also really loving those cracked-looking borders...oh and HOW DID YOU GET THAT GRADIENT IN THE NAVIGATION PANE THING ON THE LEFT!?? O.O

Shemhamforash
February 15th, 2017, 09:11 PM
HOW DID YOU GET THAT GRADIENT IN THE NAVIGATION PANE THING ON THE LEFT!?? O.O

It's the custom Aero Glass reflection image he's using in combination with black glass enhanced. You can select a reflection image in the Aero Glass GUI.

Splitwirez
February 15th, 2017, 10:08 PM
It's the custom Aero Glass reflection image he's using in combination with black glass enhanced. You can select a reflection image in the Aero Glass GUI.
Darn :C

gsw953
February 16th, 2017, 01:56 AM
Yes it is done with Black glass and the Refection image here is a Windows 7 example
http://virtualcustoms.net/showthread.php/33581-Fade-2-Black

Splitwirez
July 20th, 2017, 11:25 AM
Hey everyone

Guess what

It's not dead

I started over

http://i.imgur.com/BV9KEqo.png

:OD

Splitwirez
July 23rd, 2017, 06:16 PM
...and the Taskbar is restored too. Here, have a full screenshot:
http://i.imgur.com/sll2Odw.png

(...does anyone even still care about this VS? .-. )

July 23rd, 2017, 07:26 PM
YES, YES, and YES

Splitwirez
July 27th, 2017, 04:18 PM
YES, YES, and YES

:DDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

Nimbi
July 28th, 2017, 04:39 AM
VERY Much so. I would love to see it completed! And if it does get completed, I would love to see it get ported to Windows 10 if you are OK with that [basically whichever the latest official release at the time this gets completed].

Splitwirez
August 2nd, 2017, 06:18 PM
VERY Much so. I would love to see it completed! And if it does get completed, I would love to see it get ported to Windows 10 if you are OK with that [basically whichever the latest official release at the time this gets completed].

Alrighty. For now, I've only been working on it SPOREadically (oh god the puns), but I'll keep you guys posted whenever anything happens :V

...also, just out of curiousity...who here has actually played, or atleast heard of Darkspore? Or Spore, for that matter?

Nimbi
August 3rd, 2017, 06:24 PM
Alrighty. For now, I've only been working on it SPOREadically (oh god the puns), but I'll keep you guys posted whenever anything happens :V

...also, just out of curiousity...who here has actually played, or atleast heard of Darkspore? Or Spore, for that matter?

until you mentioned it i had actually never heard of the game [i'm kinda behind the times on a lot of things, lol]. but it might be interesting to look into.

Splitwirez
August 3rd, 2017, 06:32 PM
until you mentioned it i had actually never heard of the game [i'm kinda behind the times on a lot of things, lol]. but it might be interesting to look into.
Being behind the times won't save you from not knowing about a pair of games released in 2011 (Darkspore) and 2008 (Spore) respectively, lol

...in all seriousness though, I'd strongly recommend Spore, especially for the more creatively-inclined. I'd say the same about Darkspore, but sadly, Darkspore was the price to pay to get EA to realize that Online-only DRM isn't the best idea after all...

Nimbi
August 3rd, 2017, 06:52 PM
Being behind the times won't save you from not knowing about a pair of games released in 2011 (Darkspore) and 2008 (Spore) respectively, lol

...in all seriousness though, I'd strongly recommend Spore, especially for the more creatively-inclined. I'd say the same about Darkspore, but sadly, Darkspore was the price to pay to get EA to realize that Online-only DRM isn't the best idea after all...

ah, well still something i would definitely like to look into. Might be a bit of time though if I decide to try them out. Heading to cali for a week on sunday to visit family so I'm leaving my comp at home since their wifi is horrid. There's something that interferes with wifi signal out there and it makes it impossible to stay connected, lol.

Splitwirez
August 3rd, 2017, 08:11 PM
ah, well still something i would definitely like to look into. Might be a bit of time though if I decide to try them out. Heading to cali for a week on sunday to visit family so I'm leaving my comp at home since their wifi is horrid. There's something that interferes with wifi signal out there and it makes it impossible to stay connected, lol.
Right...timing, always doing things like that xd

August 4th, 2017, 11:48 AM
Splitwirez (http://virtualcustoms.net/member.php/312367-Splitwirez) we are going to have to ask you to either remove or find something else to use for your signature. the current one you gave is advertising and thus not allowed. thanks

Splitwirez
August 4th, 2017, 04:15 PM
Splitwirez (http://virtualcustoms.net/member.php/312367-Splitwirez) we are going to have to ask you to either remove or find something else to use for your signature. the current one you gave is advertising and thus not allowed. thanks
Apologies, I had not realized that a larger image linking to a thread within the VirtualCustoms forum would be a problem, given that two smaller images which also linked to threads within the VirtualCustoms forum wasn't.

Is there a proper set of guidelines regarding signatures or something? Because that's a very strange criteria, so I'd like to understand what rule it was that I was actually breaking, and how my previous signature was not a violation. I'd like to come up with a signature that doesn't violate the board rules. For now though, I've removed it entirely. So sorry about that... >.<

August 4th, 2017, 04:46 PM
Apologies, I had not realized that a larger image linking to a thread within the VirtualCustoms forum would be a problem, given that two smaller images which also linked to threads within the VirtualCustoms forum wasn't.

Is there a proper set of guidelines regarding signatures or something? Because that's a very strange criteria, so I'd like to understand what rule it was that I was actually breaking, and how my previous signature was not a violation. I'd like to come up with a signature that doesn't violate the board rules. For now though, I've removed it entirely. So sorry about that... >.<

it's not a matter of what it's linked to on the forum, it's a matter that the image itself was advertising. almost all forums insist no advertising in you avatar, profile pic, or signature, and it's the same here.

Splitwirez
August 4th, 2017, 05:14 PM
it's not a matter of what it's linked to on the forum, it's a matter that the image itself was advertising. almost all forums insist no advertising in you avatar, profile pic, or signature, and it's the same here.
Alright, fair enough...I'm not trying to challenge you or the board, I just want to understand to see if there may be some area of compromise that would meet both sides' requirements. (Obviously if there isn't, I'll defer to you).

I'd also like to know why my previous signature wasn't considered advertizing...

August 4th, 2017, 06:39 PM
Alright, fair enough...I'm not trying to challenge you or the board, I just want to understand to see if there may be some area of compromise that would meet both sides' requirements. (Obviously if there isn't, I'll defer to you).

I'd also like to know why my previous signature wasn't considered advertizing...

no cause advertising is advertising. as for your previous i must not of even noticed it if you think it was a ad. i usually don't bother checking out other peoples sigs, it was just a off chance that i noticed yours.

Krlox
January 21st, 2019, 11:22 AM
:peace::happy::cheeky::girl::loving:

Jumbo Flapjack
February 1st, 2019, 02:08 AM
Looks amazing.