PDA

View Full Version : How fast are themes usually updated?

Lassar
February 1st, 2017, 06:21 PM
I just noticed that Microsoft is coming out with a new windows 10 build.

I am wondering if third party builds are worth it, since Microsoft seems to come out with a new build every year.

How fast are themes usually updated to a new build?

Shemhamforash
February 1st, 2017, 11:57 PM
Keeping my fingers crossed the same themes for 1607 will work on it (so far they have). If not it depends on when or if Grim updates his Windows Style Builder builds for importing the themes. I think they were done last time when themes from TH2 to RS1 were confirmed incompatible and before the update came out. So hopefully themes for RS1 won't even need an update to work on RS2 but that remains to be seen.

February 2nd, 2017, 11:55 AM
dhjohns added a note to his all-in-one installer thread about issues with build 15025. i'll tag him for this to see if he would explain here what he ran up against.

dhjohns
February 2nd, 2017, 12:40 PM
Ultrauxthemepatcher files cause explorer to go to black. No taskbar or anything even in safe mode.

Shemhamforash
February 2nd, 2017, 02:42 PM
What about uxstyle?

Link14
February 2nd, 2017, 07:12 PM
If you want to know how often VC themes are updated to a new windows build... whenever the author gets around to it, if they ever want to/have time/are still around. In some cases elements between builds change so much some old themes can't be recreated, or it can take a long time to for hacks/patches to retheme certain elements to come out.

If you want to know about new windows 10 build release dates... the answer is basically the same. Whenever the hell windows wants with no rhyme or reason usually because lolmicrosoft.

I would just keep using whatever you are using and waiting to see how things go. Usually new builds are not worth an immediate switch/broke as hell. Worst case is you put it off but it looks really good so you update it because it is more useful than how much you value your current theme, which is no skin off your nose.

Shemhamforash
February 3rd, 2017, 01:06 AM
dhjohns added a note to his all-in-one installer thread about issues with build 15025. i'll tag him for this to see if he would explain here what he ran up against.

Ultrauxthemepatcher files cause explorer to go to black. No taskbar or anything even in safe mode.

UxStyle caused a full system crash and then I was unable to boot (didn't install or apply any themes)

Theme Signature bypass works but the themes are messed up in a lot of areas. :future:

ONE no longer works correctly.

dhjohns
February 3rd, 2017, 04:41 AM
Reset your Winver in Toolkit. Works just fine. Thanks. I have been so busy today.

http://s29.postimg.org/b7zapju9j/screenshot_3.png