PDA

View Full Version : Changing Themes on RS2 Creators Update

March 25th, 2017, 11:07 AM
rs2 due 11 april, now we need to head to msfn and push a little for a updated version of oldnewexplorer.

Shemhamforash
March 25th, 2017, 11:20 AM
rs3 due 11 april, now we need to head to msfn and push a little for a updated version of oldnewexplorer.

Until recently I'd agree, but actually I think Grim saved the day with that, it turned out to be that an adjustment was needed to the shellstyle.dll. I posted the fixed shell folder in dhjohns thread, it works with all the control panel images. :Grim:

March 25th, 2017, 11:32 AM
Until recently I'd agree, but actually I think Grim saved the day with that, it turned out to be that an adjustment was needed to the shellstyle.dll. I posted the fixed shell folder in dhjohns thread, it works with all the control panel images. :Grim:

so in a nutshell when dh updates his aio it should include the new shellstyle.dll and we should see no difference cosmetically from rs2. just currently with rs2 we need to use the personalization panel you posted, right?

Shemhamforash
March 25th, 2017, 11:35 AM
so in a nutshell when dh updates his aio it should include the new shellstyle.dll and we should see no difference cosmetically from rs2. just currently with rs2 we need to use the personalization panel you posted, right?

You're right about him going to be including the new shellstyle.dll and therefore there being no difference cosmetically between rs1 and rs2. However, you still need the personalization panel to switch themes as the control panel option is gone.

nicely
March 25th, 2017, 05:14 PM
You're right about him going to be including the new shellstyle.dll and therefore there being no difference cosmetically between rs1 and rs2. However, you still need the personalization panel to switch themes as the control panel option is gone.
you can use command to change theme, themeswitcher or Bypass with systemfiles and then switch normal on new personalization panel :)

Shemhamforash
March 25th, 2017, 05:27 PM
you can use command to change theme, themeswitcher or Bypass with systemfiles and then switch normal on new personalization panel :)

Can you make a video of this? I don't understand. For me the settings app doesn't work for changing themes.

nicely
March 25th, 2017, 05:30 PM
Can you make a video of this? I don't understand. For me the settings app doesn't work for changing themes.

sure ill show u. (maybe ill realize new app to not do it manually) ^^

gonna show u 4 methods to change theme
(just give me few hours when i back from work)

Shemhamforash
March 25th, 2017, 06:28 PM
sure ill show u. (maybe ill realize new app to not do it manually) ^^

gonna show u 4 methods to change theme
(just give me few hours when i back from work)

It seems my preferred way of changing themes, accessing it by customizing "This PC" folders using Winaero Tweaker still works as usual, in the old control panel interface.

March 25th, 2017, 06:49 PM
i think i'll install the winaero tool whenever i do upgrade and add it to the rightclick desktop menu.

leowall
March 26th, 2017, 02:54 AM
This theme on RS2? What theme?

nicely
March 26th, 2017, 04:07 AM
It seems my preferred way of changing themes, accessing it by customizing "This PC" folders using Winaero Tweaker still works as usual, in the old control panel interface.

Like i promissed

utw8w07V6mI

In advance i want to apologize for lack of time to edit the video. but read Description I'll explain the sequences of the video.

1º I used command to swtich theme but with code closed and ready. (To save time)

2º I did same as 1st time but mannually

3º I just double clicked on themes
(just remembering all this 3 methods with bypass signature)

4º Changing strings inside those 3 files. you can use normal Windows 10 customization panel. (the best method in my opinion)

I really want to have time to support more, and do app's and tools
to make it easier and more automated.
so pls dont forgot to support.

https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=DR3A78V7ZXAWJ (https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=DR3A78V7ZXAWJ)

Obs: Themes with strange or wrong colors. its cuz i forgot to update shellstyle :)

leowall
March 26th, 2017, 05:36 AM
Like i promissed

https://youtu.be/utw8w07V6mI

In advance i want to apologize for lack of time to edit the video. but read Description I'll explain the sequences of the video.

1º I used command to swtich theme but with code closed and ready. (To save time)

4º Changing strings inside those 3 files. you can use normal Windows 10 customization panel. (the best method in my opinion)

https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=DR3A78V7ZXAWJ (https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=DR3A78V7ZXAWJ)

Obs: Themes with strange or wrong foldes and colors. its cuz i forgot to update shellstyle :)

What patcher you use for rs2? What theme on video?

nicely
March 26th, 2017, 05:50 AM
What patcher you use for rs2? What theme on video?

read description about patcher methods Just below the video or on youtube video description.
and about themes
there are manny Mr Grim's themes etc... from rs1

leowall
March 26th, 2017, 07:08 AM
read description about patcher methods Just below the video or on youtube video description.
and about themes
there are manny Mr Grim's themes etc... from rs1

I read see "
(just remembering all this 3 methods with bypass signature)"

Can you share for me link to (3 methods with bypass signature). Please! Thank you!

March 26th, 2017, 11:49 AM
leowall (http://virtualcustoms.net/member.php/296730-leowall) i like the switcher method cause i can drop whatever is needed for the method in the themes folder to quickly these a theme, other wise wiunareo's panel.

Shemhamforash
March 26th, 2017, 03:08 PM
Like i promissed

https://youtu.be/utw8w07V6mI

Obs: Themes with strange or wrong colors. its cuz i forgot to update shellstyle :)

Thanks for the video. The first few methods you show are so-so. Probably a bit complicated for most people. It is cool though that you figured out how to get the settings app to work.

I still prefer the control panel version though, obviously because of the themeing.

I've been poking around a bit with how the Winaero Tweaker brings up the old interface.
I found out it's address is ::{D1DED0EC-ED6D-4C5E-B515-CD71330C8149}
Maybe this personalization shortcut works for you? (I've attached it)

Shemhamforash
March 26th, 2017, 03:21 PM
Started a new thread - other one was going off topic

March 26th, 2017, 03:22 PM

you have a link to the new shellstyle.dll, cause i'm not seeing it in dhjohns newest aio? just test 1.4.2 on 15063 in vm and you're right for the most part works great.

Shemhamforash
March 26th, 2017, 03:26 PM
you have a link to the new shellstyle.dll, cause i'm not seeing it in dhjohns newest aio? just test 1.4.2 on 15063 in vm and you're right for the most part works great.

Shell.zip (http://virtualcustoms.net/attachment.php?attachmentid=76971&d=1490119157)

March 26th, 2017, 03:33 PM
Shell.zip (http://virtualcustoms.net/attachment.php?attachmentid=76971&d=1490119157)

thank you greatly appreciated

nicely
March 26th, 2017, 05:13 PM
Thanks for the video. The first few methods you show are so-so. Probably a bit complicated for most people. It is cool though that you figured out how to get the settings app to work.

I still prefer the control panel version though, obviously because of the themeing.

I've been poking around a bit with how the Winaero Tweaker brings up the old interface.
I found out it's address is ::{D1DED0EC-ED6D-4C5E-B515-CD71330C8149}
Maybe this personalization shortcut works for you? (I've attached it)

how bou that? what you think?

Shemhamforash
March 26th, 2017, 05:30 PM
how bou that? what you think?

I find it interesting, and I'm surprised you were able to do that. But those customizations can't be controlled by the msstyles, so you'd likely need to apply different schemes to match another theme. I'm guessing there's a certain amount more risk doing that as well since they might be signed .dll's that you use a signing tool and add bmps to. A version would be cool to try out if it's possible.

It'd be nice to be able to add the change theme option back to control panel, maybe you could figure out a way how. :whistle:

nicely
March 26th, 2017, 05:41 PM
I find it interesting, and I'm surprised you were able to do that. But those customizations can't be controlled by the msstyles, so you'd likely need to apply different schemes to match another theme. I'm guessing there's a certain amount more risk doing that as well since they might be signed .dll's that you use a signing tool and add bmps to. A version would be cool to try out if it's possible.

It'd be nice to be able to add the change theme option back to control panel, maybe you could figure out a way how. :whistle:

ill check, just help me remember what last build still had change theme option in control panel?

Shemhamforash
March 26th, 2017, 05:50 PM
ill check, just help me remember what last build still had change theme option in control panel?

Not sure when in RS2. It was there in RS1 though. If you go back a few posts of mine, I posted a shortcut file which seems to work.

Edit: Build 15025

nicely
March 26th, 2017, 10:10 PM
Not sure when in RS2. It was there in RS1 though. If you go back a few posts of mine, I posted a shortcut file which seems to work.

Edit: Build 15025

k thx i found its a little string in shell32 eZ to fix, i can do a tool to fix it when i have time or you can ask tihiy to add this option to ONE its really eZ.

AlphaUMi
March 28th, 2017, 09:14 PM
So if I understood it correctly, I must overwrite the new shellstyle.dll for every 3rd party theme I have in order to make themes fully working with RS2?

Shemhamforash
March 28th, 2017, 10:40 PM
So if I understood it correctly, I must overwrite the new shellstyle.dll for every 3rd party theme I have in order to make themes fully working with RS2?

Yeah, this one Shell.zip (http://virtualcustoms.net/attachment.php?attachmentid=76971&d=1490119157). The new taskbar features in the StartisBack beta need to be edited into the msstyles though.

AlphaUMi
March 29th, 2017, 10:21 AM
Yeah, this one Shell.zip (http://virtualcustoms.net/attachment.php?attachmentid=76971&d=1490119157). The new taskbar features in the StartisBack beta need to be edited into the msstyles though.

Thank you for the file @Shemhamforash! I don't use StartIsBack, so I should be OK. One last thing: is OldNewExplorer (current version 1.1.8.0) compatible with Creators Update?

Dark Knight
March 30th, 2017, 05:54 PM
Ok , let me se if I got this straight ........

We can use the Anniversary Update themes just so long as we change the shellstyle.dll with the one Shem provided here?

Theme installation is the same as it has always been by putting themes in the C:\Windows\Resources\Theme folder?

Just asking because been really busy lately and have just ben getting bits and pieces here and there.

Mr GRiM
March 30th, 2017, 11:41 PM
Found a new working context menu shortcut for the personalization menu thanks to Brink on Ten Forums https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/6051-add-personalize-classic-context-menu-windows-10-a.html

March 31st, 2017, 11:36 AM
Ok , let me se if I got this straight ........

We can use the Anniversary Update themes just so long as we change the shellstyle.dll with the one Shem provided here?

Theme installation is the same as it has always been by putting themes in the C:\Windows\Resources\Theme folder?

Just asking because been really busy lately and have just ben getting bits and pieces here and there.

hey Dark Knight (http://virtualcustoms.net/member.php/199178-Dark-Knight) yes that's all you need to do.

leowall
April 1st, 2017, 11:09 AM
When I use this shell. I has been error explorer all is white, can't see icon and text. Please fix it. Thanks!

Shemhamforash
April 1st, 2017, 11:38 AM
When I use this shell. I has been error explorer all is white, can't see icon and text. Please fix it. Thanks!

You're probably doing something wrong, the shell works fine on my end. Grim posted it originally.

leowall
April 1st, 2017, 01:03 PM
You're probably doing something wrong, the shell works fine on my end. Grim posted it originally.
I just replace Shell folder. I use this folder Shell for win10 version 1703 build 15058

Shemhamforash
April 1st, 2017, 01:13 PM
I just replace Shell folder. I use this folder Shell for win10 version 1703 build 15058

What theme are you using it with? It works fine with my imports or Mr Grim's themes as far as I know. I have noticed one or two small problems (off the top of my head, add or remove programs text being unreadable with one theme) but not what you're describing. It sounds like you haven't installed the shell right. Extract it from the zip archive, and copy/paste it into the theme folder. Posting a screenshot of what you did might help.

Dark Knight
April 1st, 2017, 02:06 PM
What I usually do is delete the old shellstyle.dll file completely or rename it shellstyle.dll.old and just paste the new one in, if you are pasting over the old one (which sounds like what you may be doing) it will give you problems.

April 1st, 2017, 02:52 PM
if you are pasting over the old one (which sounds like what you may be doing) it will give you problems. i'll have to test this out later cause since it's not a folder and you're not keeping both copies the old one should just be completely replaced not changed. i suggest the following.

make sure you are use the windows default theme and not the theme you are wanting to modify

navigate to c\windows\resources\themes\the folder for the theme you want to update\shell\ rename the shellstyle.dll there shellstyle.dll.OLD or shellstyle.dll.BAK
(examples: c\windows\resources\themes\meld-mod\shell - c\windows\resources\themes\windows black theme\shell)

now copy grim's shellstyle.dll into the open folder. do this for each theme you want to use

now you should be able to use your custom them(s) without a problem

i personally recommenced that you keep using oldnewexplorer cause there are them that do not skin the ribbon

leowall
April 1st, 2017, 03:01 PM
What theme are you using it with? It works fine with my imports or Mr Grim's themes as far as I know. I have noticed one or two small problems (off the top of my head, add or remove programs text being unreadable with one theme) but not what you're describing. It sounds like you haven't installed the shell right. Extract it from the zip archive, and copy/paste it into the theme folder. Posting a screenshot of what you did might help.

When i use this shell folder with your theme. Explorer have error blank icon

http://i.imgur.com/QYwxPK8.png

When i use this shell folder with my theme. Explorer have error explorer all is white

http://i.imgur.com/r8xUc9I.png

leowall
April 1st, 2017, 03:03 PM
What I usually do is delete the old shell.dll file completely or rename it shell.dll.old and just paste the new one in, if you are pasting over the old one (which sounds like what you may be doing) it will give you problems.
Yes. I have do like this but still has been error

Shemhamforash
April 1st, 2017, 03:36 PM
When i use this shell folder with your theme. Explorer have error blank icon

http://i.imgur.com/QYwxPK8.png

When i use this shell folder with my theme. Explorer have error explorer all is white

You selected the topshell version of the theme. It's not available yet, in personalization select the normal theme after replacing the shell folder and it works fine.

You might be using the wrong shell folder, make sure you copied the one from the zip archive.

leowall
April 2nd, 2017, 02:19 AM
You selected the topshell version of the theme. It's not available yet, in personalization select the normal theme after replacing the shell folder and it works fine.

You might be using the wrong shell folder, make sure you copied the one from the zip archive.

Thank you so much! Work on normal your theme but with my theme still have error explorer all is white. How to fix it?

April 2nd, 2017, 12:03 PM
Thank you so much! Work on normal your theme but with my theme still have error explorer all is white. How to fix it?

if you're doing thing the way shem and i explained then you should not have any white areas. i have tested on several themes in vm and like shem said other than a couple of minor things pretty much perfect. are you manually patching or using dhjohn's all-in-one installer? i used dh's aio on my test. please on stuff like this provide screenshots.

Ray061630
April 3rd, 2017, 07:06 AM
It works very well

Dark Knight
April 6th, 2017, 08:02 PM
Ok, so last night I did the upgrade to the Creators Update, I upgraded using the Upgrade Assistant, I have the iso to perform a clean install I just wanted to see what we were in for first
To the point though, immediately on boot I got the message that Aeroglass is not compatible, and it isn't, the os will do all kinds of weird shit until you uninstall it, my question is, what are we doing to solve stuff like this now? ......

And what is the deal with the white spot on the task bar in the lower right hand corner? it's almost like the task bar is not complete.

I am running the Creators Update with ThemeSignatureBypass, StartIsBack++ 2.0.1 and OldNewExplorer.

Shemhamforash
April 6th, 2017, 11:30 PM
Ok, so last night I did the upgrade to the Creators Update, I upgraded using the Upgrade Assistant, I have the iso to perform a clean install I just wanted to see what we were in for first
To the point though, immediately on boot I got the message that Aeroglass is not compatible, and it isn't, the os will do all kinds of weird shit until you uninstall it, my question is, what are we doing to solve stuff like this now? ......

And what is the deal with the white spot on the task bar in the lower right hand corner? it's almost like the task bar is not complete.

I am running the Creators Update with ThemeSignatureBypass, StartIsBack++ 2.0.1 and OldNewExplorer.

I figured out how to get rid of the box in most custom themes title bar text, it's kind of involved though and you need to edit the msstyles and the .theme. You can try any of my imported77014 themes I updated to see if it works for you.

It looks like a theme issue with the save as dialog, my version of HUD Machine Launch is ok. At the bottom left is the show desktop button. You need to add classes and copy over settings from a Windows 7 theme http://virtualcustoms.net/attachment.php?attachmentid=76969&d=1490077856

Dark Knight
April 7th, 2017, 12:39 AM
I figured out how to get rid of the box in most custom themes title bar text, it's kind of involved though and you need to edit the msstyles and the .theme. You can try any of my imported77014 themes I updated to see if it works for you.

It looks like a theme issue with the save as dialog, my version of HUD Machine Launch is ok. At the bottom left is the show desktop button. You need to add classes and copy over settings from a Windows 7 theme http://virtualcustoms.net/attachment.php?attachmentid=76969&d=1490077856

Ahhh, that's right, I forgot about all the imports you did for use without aeroglass, you wouldn't happen to remember where you posted them all do you? been looking and have tried a forum search but am coming up empty/ :sigh:

Shemhamforash
April 7th, 2017, 12:53 AM
Ahhh, that's right, I forgot about all the imports you did for use without aeroglass, you wouldn't happen to remember where you posted them all do you? been looking and have tried a forum search but am coming up empty/ :sigh:

The ones I added that too are in my theme section, I just updated the threads to include it.

Dark Knight
April 7th, 2017, 01:18 AM
The ones I added that too are in my theme section, I just updated the threads to include it.

Well, looks like HUD Machine Launch was never done.

Do you think you can explain how you accomplished doing away with aeroglass? or I may just have to wait until a compatible version of aeroglass is released for the Creators Update. I'd really rather not wait for aeroglass because most themes I use, well only two really, HUD Slate and Launch, and there really is no need for aeroglass.

Shemhamforash
April 7th, 2017, 01:43 AM
Well, looks like HUD Machine Launch was never done.

Do you think you can explain how you accomplished doing away with aeroglass? or I may just have to wait until a compatible version of aeroglass is released for the Creators Update. I'd really rather not wait for aeroglass because most themes I use, well only two really, HUD Slate and Launch, and there really is no need for aeroglass.

For the dark theme try changing

Using WSB
Fonts, Colors, & System Metrics > Colors (Globals):COLORIZATIONCOLOR > -16119286

Using Notepad++ (.theme file)
ColorizationColor=0x0F0a0a0a

Dark Knight
April 7th, 2017, 02:04 AM

Using WSB
Fonts, Colors, & System Metrics > Colors (Globals):COLORIZATIONCOLOR > -16119286

Easy Peazy! all fixed, thanks dude!

devillnside
April 9th, 2017, 09:13 PM

Using WSB

wow!! BIG THANKS for sharing.. this will help big time for my themes

Shemhamforash
April 9th, 2017, 09:32 PM
wow!! BIG THANKS for sharing.. this will help big time for my themes

Each theme has to have custom values related to their titlebar color. For more information, see this thread http://virtualcustoms.net/showthread.php/74922-Help-with-Removing-DWM-Title-Elements/page2?p=321953&viewfull=1#post321953

Nino75
April 10th, 2017, 10:00 PM
At home after the update of windows 10 creator the theme black edition no longer works?
Somebody has a solution this will be nice
thank you and good evening

Dark Knight
April 11th, 2017, 05:00 PM
At home after the update of windows 10 creator the theme black edition no longer works?
Somebody has a solution this will be nice
thank you and good evening

There is a solution, read this thread from the beginning and you will see.

April 11th, 2017, 06:24 PM

Shem (http://virtualcustoms.net/member.php/280089-Shemhamforash) do you know if grim's shellstyle.dll and shellstyle.dll.mui files are backwards compatible? if so then peeps can just replace the files in their extracted themes rather than having to redownload any themes that are updated to work with the creator's update.

Nino75
April 11th, 2017, 07:37 PM
I followed your link but I do not see what I have to read?
thank you

Shemhamforash
April 11th, 2017, 09:04 PM
Shem (http://virtualcustoms.net/member.php/280089-Shemhamforash) do you know if grim's shellstyle.dll and shellstyle.dll.mui files are backwards compatible? if so then peeps can just replace the files in their extracted themes rather than having to redownload any themes that are updated to work with the creator's update.

I don't know which shellstyle you are referring to. The only one posted so far that works with the Anniversary Update themes is Shell.zip (http://virtualcustoms.net/attachment.php?attachmentid=76971&d=1490119157) and all you need to do with that is replace the shell folder in the AU theme and then the theme works on creators.

April 11th, 2017, 10:57 PM
I don't know which shellstyle you are referring to. The only one posted so far that works with the Anniversary Update themes is Shell.zip (http://virtualcustoms.net/attachment.php?attachmentid=76971&d=1490119157) and all you need to do with that is replace the shell folder in the AU theme and then the theme works on creators.

so from what you're saying any theme updated to work with au will work with cu as long as cu is patched correctly. i thought the shell.zip for created for the cu so theme would work with it.

Shemhamforash
April 11th, 2017, 11:09 PM
so from what you're saying any theme updated to work with au will work with cu as long as cu is patched correctly. i thought the shell.zip for created for the cu so theme would work with it.

You need to replace the shell folder of a theme for AU with the shell.zip shell folder to have the theme working on creators.

April 11th, 2017, 11:43 PM
You need to replace the shell folder of a theme for AU with the shell.zip shell folder to have the theme working on creators.

so no on the backwards compatible. ok it was just a thought for those still on 14393. thanks

Shemhamforash
April 12th, 2017, 01:05 AM
so no on the backwards compatible. ok it was just a thought for those still on 14393. thanks

I just tried the creators shellstyle while using a custom theme on the AU. Everything in explorer and control panel just kind of stopped working, I had to apply a theme in testing mode in wsb, restart explorer and change the theme.

leowall
April 12th, 2017, 05:26 AM
I just tried the creators shellstyle while using a custom theme on the AU. Everything in explorer and control panel just kind of stopped working, I had to apply a theme in testing mode in wsb, restart explorer and change the theme.
Can update shellstyle.dll for windows10 creators update? Please!!! Thanks!

April 12th, 2017, 11:22 AM

thanks for testing it out.

Can update shellstyle.dll for windows10 creators update? Please!!! Thanks!

jf you had actually read the thread you'd know the shell.zip is the replacement shell folder for the crerator's update.

Agelyk
April 12th, 2017, 05:42 PM
It works very well

working 100% thanks

Hunk_4TH
April 12th, 2017, 06:29 PM
Is there anything else we have to do after replacing the shell folder? I'm trying to get Jarvis Green working but no luck. I'm using the lastest version of UltraUXThemePatcher which works with CU.

Nino75
April 12th, 2017, 08:00 PM
Or I can download the file themes switch methods thanks

Shemhamforash
April 12th, 2017, 09:44 PM
Is there anything else we have to do after replacing the shell folder? I'm trying to get Jarvis Green working but no luck. I'm using the lastest version of UltraUXThemePatcher which works with CU.

Tried applying it using control panel? https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/6051-add-personalize-classic-context-menu-windows-10-a.html

Hunk_4TH
April 12th, 2017, 11:21 PM
Tried that with no luck. I must be doing something wrong.

Shemhamforash
April 12th, 2017, 11:25 PM
Tried that with no luck. I must be doing something wrong.

Can you post a screenshot? You could try Theme Signature Bypass (http://virtualcustoms.net/attachment.php?attachmentid=74615&d=1470338612) instead of Uxthemepatcher.

Hunk_4TH
April 12th, 2017, 11:37 PM
Can you post a screenshot? You could try Theme Signature Bypass (http://virtualcustoms.net/attachment.php?attachmentid=74615&d=1470338612) instead of Uxthemepatcher.
I totally forgot about theme sig bypass. That seemed to have did the trick! Thanks man :)

Shemhamforash
April 12th, 2017, 11:42 PM
I totally forgot about theme sig bypass. That seemed to have did the trick! Thanks man :)

You're welcome. Btw, Grim's installer of Theme Signature Bypass is the only patcher I use on Win 10 now.

leowall
April 13th, 2017, 02:56 AM
thanks for testing it out.

jf you had actually read the thread you'd know the shell.zip is the replacement shell folder for the crerator's update.

I had read all thread but When i use this shell folder with my theme. Explorer have error explorer all is white.

Bug

So how to can fix?

dhjohns
April 13th, 2017, 05:28 AM
I had read all thread but When i use this shell folder with my theme. Explorer have error explorer all is white.
So how to can fix?I have only been able to use that shell folder with Grim's Black collection. Just restore the original shell folder, and use that until there is some other fix.

Mr GRiM
April 13th, 2017, 07:02 AM

Bug

So how to can fix?

Sorry that's my bad, I have a modified shellstyle.dll that allows me to add a text color to the navigation pane in explorer instead of having to use the system metrics Window Text Color, if you edit your msstyles and add a text color to Explorer & Shell > Explorer > ProperTree > Navigation Text it should fix the white explorer window problem.

leowall
April 13th, 2017, 09:53 AM
Sorry that's my bad, I have a modified shellstyle.dll that allows me to add a text color to the navigation pane in explorer instead of having to use the system metrics Window Text Color, if you edit your msstyles and add a text color to Explorer & Shell > Explorer > ProperTree > Navigation Text it should fix the white explorer window problem.
Great!!! It working perfect.Thank you so much!:love_heart:

April 13th, 2017, 11:51 AM
I have only been able to use that shell folder with Grim's Black collection. Just restore the original shell folder, and use that until there is some other fix.

fummy the rest of us are using that folder with the various au themes on cu without any problems.

dhjohns
April 13th, 2017, 09:55 PM
fummy the rest of us are using that folder with the various au themes on cu without any problems.Perhaps it is only Jarvis then. Control panel is just a white rectangle, and will not close unless explorer is restarted.

hunteds911
April 14th, 2017, 12:12 AM
Please see the title / navigation bar graphic not there but is showing on the sides.
Also No icons using HUD Style.
Otherwise Styles are working to an extent.

Shemhamforash
April 14th, 2017, 12:50 AM
Please see the title / navigation bar graphic not there but is showing on the sides.

No icons because you haven't replaced the shellstyle. The title bar has always been like that for modern apps, only way to theme it is using aero glass and modern frame.

hunteds911
April 14th, 2017, 03:34 AM
No icons because you haven't replaced the shellstyle. The title bar has always been like that for modern apps, only way to theme it is using aero glass and modern frame.

I figured out that I forgot to copy it into the right directory. Once copied correctly it is working fine. Being AeroGlass is not functioning no worries there.

Thank you. :)

Mr GRiM
April 14th, 2017, 06:00 AM

That is normal for the settings menu, all themes are like that unless you are using Big Muscles ModernFrame.dll to theme those areas.

leowall
April 14th, 2017, 07:40 AM
That is normal for the settings menu, all themes are like that unless you are using Big Muscles ModernFrame.dll to theme those areas.

Hi Grim. How to theme support 4k monitor? I use 300% scaling to see things better. When I apply my theme mod, it instantly and repeatedly crashes my computer until I apply default theme. Is it possible for you to fix this problem so I can continue to use theme mod on 300% scaling?

Lamia
April 14th, 2017, 10:17 AM
At the bottom left is the show desktop button. You need to add classes and copy over settings from a Windows 7 theme http://virtualcustoms.net/attachment.php? (http://virtualcustoms.net/attachment.php?attachmentid=76969&d=1490077856)
77013 Can you explan this little bit detailed (step by step) so i can fix it on my end properly? :peace:

Shemhamforash
April 14th, 2017, 02:12 PM
Can you explan this little bit detailed (step by step) so i can fix it on my end properly? :peace:

See if Mr GRiM's original post makes it clearer how to add the show desktop button http://virtualcustoms.net/showthread.php/70828-Custom-Class-Maps-and-Import-Scripts-for-Windows-10-TH2-RS1/page16?p=324790#post324790

Wierdlogain
April 14th, 2017, 11:23 PM
Hi everyone, great work in the themes you guys create here :)
I have a question now that creators update have starting rolling out on my computers, how can I can the theme to apply to Explorer and context menu like it did before the update?
Before the update all I had to do was use UxStyle and OldNewExplorer to get it to apply the Black Theme, now I can not get it to work on the before mentioned areas among others.
I have tried to use the AllInOne patcher but it does not do the trick.
What other options do I have?
Thanks for the help. :)
:Peace:

Shemhamforash
April 15th, 2017, 12:08 AM
Hi everyone, great work in the themes you guys create here :)
I have a question now that creators update have starting rolling out on my computers, how can I can the theme to apply to Explorer and context menu like it did before the update?
Before the update all I had to do was use UxStyle and OldNewExplorer to get it to apply the Black Theme, now I can not get it to work on the before mentioned areas among others.
I have tried to use the AllInOne patcher but it does not do the trick.
What other options do I have?
Thanks for the help. :)
:Peace:

Tools You May Need

(http://tihiy.net/files/OldNewExplorer.rar)Uxstyle, Theme Signature Bypass (http://virtualcustoms.net/attachment.php?attachmentid=74615&d=1470338612) and UltraUxThemePatcher
(http://www.msfn.org/board/topic/170375-oldnewexplorer-118/):bulletgreen: UxTheme service hook - Visual Theme Signature Bypass

ONE (OldNewExplorer) (http://www.msfn.org/board/topic/170375-oldnewexplorer-118/)
:bulletred: OldNewExplorer is the Windows 10 (and Windows 8.1, and 8) shell extension / tweaker which can undo "improvements" to file browsing made in newer Windows versions. Everything is optional for your liking.
For best results, use these settings:
http://virtualcustoms.net/attachment.php?attachmentid=75175&d=1472576019 (http://virtualcustoms.net/attachment.php?attachmentid=75175&d=1472576019)

StartIsBack++ for Windows 10 (http://startisback.com/#download-tab)
What's hot about StartIsBack on Windows 10 now?
:bulletgreen: Full taskbar skinning!
:bulletgreen: Ability to reduce resource usage by disabling newer Start menu and Cortana processes from prelaunching
:bulletgreen: Ability to use adequately sized (32x32) large icons and larger start menu button on taskbar
:bulletgreen: Modern icon glyphs on Start menu right hand pane
:bulletgreen: Modern blur, drop shadow and immersive context menus for start menu
:bulletgreen: Fully dynamic DPI aware start menu and configuration app
:bulletgreen: New modern style with round user picture
:bulletgreen: Lots of new minor additions and tweaks

Aero Glass for Win8.1+ (http://glass8.eu/download.html)
Experience native look of Aero Glass interface on Windows 8.x+
:bulletred: This utility returns the complete glass effect into windows frames.
:bulletred: Fully native including MSStyle themes and DWM API compatibility

Winaero Tweaker (http://winaero.com/download.php?view.1796)
:bulletgreen: Winaero Tweaker is an all-in-one application which will include most options available in the free Winaero apps and extend it as much as possible. It is a universal tweaker software which supports Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 8.1 and Windows 10.

Recommended Prior to Applying Custom Themes

:bulletred: Create a Restore Point
:bulletred: Install Fonts included in the "Extras" folder
:bulletred: Apply System Metrics included in the "Extras" folder and logout or reboot
:bulletred: Install an iPack of your choice to change the system icons (check the Theme Extras section above for a link to the icons in the preview)!
:bulletred: Select the Theme's Start Menu and Taskbar in the StartIsBack++ configuration. If it's not a visible option to select the theme's start menu, apply your custom theme first!
:bulletred: Copy a Start Orb from the "Theme" folder to a new location, rename it, then open the StartIsBack++ configuration, click Add... select the Start Orb and click Apply.

I take no responsibility for anyone that bricks their system, use custom themes at your own risk!!

Giova_7
April 15th, 2017, 06:32 PM
do we need new releases of themes for this update guys? I use chrononaut theme on anniversary edition. will be work on creators update or not? Sorry for my English!
Thankns in advance!

blackwind
April 16th, 2017, 01:28 AM
Using UltraUXThemePatcher and shell.zip, I was able to get Black Edition up and running in RS2, but even though I've applied the "Remove Default Colors" registry fix, my titlebars turn bright blue every time I lock. Applying a different accent color has no effect -- it still reverts to bright blue on every lock. Has anyone found a fix for this yet?

Wierdlogain
April 16th, 2017, 03:36 AM
Tools You May Need

(http://tihiy.net/files/OldNewExplorer.rar)Uxstyle, Theme Signature Bypass (http://virtualcustoms.net/attachment.php?attachmentid=74615&d=1470338612) and UltraUxThemePatcher
(http://www.msfn.org/board/topic/170375-oldnewexplorer-118/):bulletgreen: UxTheme service hook - Visual Theme Signature Bypass

ONE (OldNewExplorer) (http://www.msfn.org/board/topic/170375-oldnewexplorer-118/)
:bulletred: OldNewExplorer is the Windows 10 (and Windows 8.1, and 8) shell extension / tweaker which can undo "improvements" to file browsing made in newer Windows versions. Everything is optional for your liking.
For best results, use these settings:
http://virtualcustoms.net/attachment.php?attachmentid=75175&d=1472576019 (http://virtualcustoms.net/attachment.php?attachmentid=75175&d=1472576019)

StartIsBack++ for Windows 10 (http://startisback.com/#download-tab)
What's hot about StartIsBack on Windows 10 now?
:bulletgreen: Full taskbar skinning!
:bulletgreen: Ability to reduce resource usage by disabling newer Start menu and Cortana processes from prelaunching
:bulletgreen: Ability to use adequately sized (32x32) large icons and larger start menu button on taskbar
:bulletgreen: Modern icon glyphs on Start menu right hand pane
:bulletgreen: Modern blur, drop shadow and immersive context menus for start menu
:bulletgreen: Fully dynamic DPI aware start menu and configuration app
:bulletgreen: New modern style with round user picture
:bulletgreen: Lots of new minor additions and tweaks

Aero Glass for Win8.1+ (http://glass8.eu/download.html)
Experience native look of Aero Glass interface on Windows 8.x+
:bulletred: This utility returns the complete glass effect into windows frames.
:bulletred: Fully native including MSStyle themes and DWM API compatibility

Winaero Tweaker (http://winaero.com/download.php?view.1796)
:bulletgreen: Winaero Tweaker is an all-in-one application which will include most options available in the free Winaero apps and extend it as much as possible. It is a universal tweaker software which supports Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 8.1 and Windows 10.

Recommended Prior to Applying Custom Themes

:bulletred: Create a Restore Point
:bulletred: Install Fonts included in the "Extras" folder
:bulletred: Apply System Metrics included in the "Extras" folder and logout or reboot
:bulletred: Install an iPack of your choice to change the system icons (check the Theme Extras section above for a link to the icons in the preview)!
:bulletred: Select the Theme's Start Menu and Taskbar in the StartIsBack++ configuration. If it's not a visible option to select the theme's start menu, apply your custom theme first!
:bulletred: Copy a Start Orb from the "Theme" folder to a new location, rename it, then open the StartIsBack++ configuration, click Add... select the Start Orb and click Apply.

I take no responsibility for anyone that bricks their system, use custom themes at your own risk!!

Thanks for the reponse :)
But This did not work for me either :(
I have now tried several methods on my system and I am starting to think is not working right.
I have tried the All in one installer multiple times, I have tried manually patching the UXinit.dll, uxtheme.dll and themeui.dll and also tried using the Theme Signature Bypass on multiple themes. But none of these methods seams to fix the fact that my context menu and my explorer refuses to apply any type of color change. I would prefer not to have to reinstall my windows but its looking more and more like that is my only option at this point, unless any helpful soul is willing to give me any more sugestions.
Thanks for any help.
:peace:

Dark Knight
April 18th, 2017, 06:09 PM
Can someone tell me where I can find the taskbar hover image "close" image in WSB ?

I have a day or two free and if I can find that I may be able to help and get a few themes ported over.

devillnside
April 18th, 2017, 09:33 PM
[QUOTE=Dark Knight;325667]Can someone tell me where I can find the taskbar hover image "close" image in WSB ?

I have a day or two free and if I can find that I may be able to help and get a few themes ported over.
i think,

taskbar & system tray>taskband>aero>taskband extended ui>horizontal>thumbnails & controls>close caption> default, hot & hot selected.. check for them under glyph images if not present under main image ...

correct me if im wrong please

Giova_7
April 18th, 2017, 10:07 PM
Thanks for the reponse :)
But This did not work for me either :(
I have now tried several methods on my system and I am starting to think is not working right.
I have tried the All in one installer multiple times, I have tried manually patching the UXinit.dll, uxtheme.dll and themeui.dll and also tried using the Theme Signature Bypass on multiple themes. But none of these methods seams to fix the fact that my context menu and my explorer refuses to apply any type of color change. I would prefer not to have to reinstall my windows but its looking more and more like that is my only option at this point, unless any helpful soul is willing to give me any more sugestions.
Thanks for any help.
maybe I have a solution for you... I had a similar problem whwn i installed the old new explorer and I changed the shell...
In /Windows/Resources/Themes open the theme you are using, and replace the shell directory with this one. https://mega.nz/#!sER0hL6D!SBPrI6HrFVWMSyr7bN-W00VeX7QdbKIKncK05Wd1xdQ (https://mega.nz/#%21sER0hL6D%21SBPrI6HrFVWMSyr7bN-W00VeX7QdbKIKncK05Wd1xdQ)
Switch to a different theme first such as Windows default

Dark Knight
April 18th, 2017, 10:28 PM
[QUOTE=Dark Knight;325667]Can someone tell me where I can find the taskbar hover image "close" image in WSB ?

i think,

taskbar & system tray>taskband>aero>taskband extended ui>horizontal>thumbnails & controls>close caption> default, hot & hot selected.. check for them under glyph images if not present under main image ...

correct me if im wrong please

I do not think that is it, images are still not showing.

gsw953
April 18th, 2017, 10:55 PM
Can someone tell me where I can find the taskbar hover image "close" image in WSB ?

Try this location,it's what I have been using

devillnside
April 19th, 2017, 03:38 AM
wait what?? is that how it shows up even when using win 10?? i only saw this happen if i opened a win 10 theme while running from win 7!!!! or is this a rs2 thing???

Dark Knight
April 20th, 2017, 04:30 AM
Try this location,it's what I have been using

Got it and it worked only after I added the image as a glyph. Thanks!

n1h1l1sT
April 20th, 2017, 10:12 AM
I've installed the 3 patching programmes mentioned:
Uxstyle (UxStyle_0242_x86_x64_preview.exe) version 0.2.4.2
Theme Signature Bypass (Theme Signature Bypass.exe) version 1.3.2
UltraUxThemePatcher (UltraUXThemePatcher_3.2.1.exe) version 3.2.1

What happens is, when I mouse-over/select any "Themes" folder (like on \Resources\themes, or even the "Themes" folder of this theme's folder) explorer.exe restarts
If I try to go "Settings -> Personalisation -> Themes" then same thing - things close down
If I try to do the same from the old personalisation panel, it just won't open

When I uninstalled UxStyle, I could hover "Themes" folders without windows complaining about it, and I could see the themes on the settings and choose one.
However, the themes do not apply - the colour scheme changes a bit, but that's it.

P.S. I have paid for startisback++ and it's running, I installed the registry entries and restarted the computer, and I also installed the fonts.

I'm at a loss as to what I'm doing wrong :S

Shemhamforash
April 21st, 2017, 02:03 AM

Moved to this thread (I don't know what the issue is).

Dark Knight
April 21st, 2017, 03:18 AM
I've installed the 3 patching programmes mentioned:
Uxstyle (UxStyle_0242_x86_x64_preview.exe) version 0.2.4.2
Theme Signature Bypass (Theme Signature Bypass.exe) version 1.3.2
UltraUxThemePatcher (UltraUXThemePatcher_3.2.1.exe) version 3.2.1

What happens is, when I mouse-over/select any "Themes" folder (like on \Resources\themes, or even the "Themes" folder of this theme's folder) explorer.exe restarts
If I try to go "Settings -> Personalisation -> Themes" then same thing - things close down
If I try to do the same from the old personalisation panel, it just won't open

When I uninstalled UxStyle, I could hover "Themes" folders without windows complaining about it, and I could see the themes on the settings and choose one.
However, the themes do not apply - the colour scheme changes a bit, but that's it.

P.S. I have paid for startisback++ and it's running, I installed the registry entries and restarted the computer, and I also installed the fonts.

For starters I think part of your problem may be is that you have 3 patchers installed, you don't need to have all three, only one, your choice, but only one will do the job.

sxb36
April 21st, 2017, 09:39 AM
propertree textcolor
thx:Peace:

n1h1l1sT
April 21st, 2017, 10:25 AM
Bloody hell, really?

I saw them mentioned on the theme and I assumed I had to have them all installed for it to work.

Okay then, if you're indeed positive that only one need be installed at a time, could you recommend one?
I'll uninstall everything and then with a clean slate, I'm installing a single one.

April 21st, 2017, 12:04 PM
For starters I think part of your problem may be is that you have 3 patchers installed, you don't need to have all three, only one, your choice, but only one will do the job.

actually for rs2 "UltraUxThemePatcher current version" seems to be the stable one, but under previous 10's all 3 work well together as long as you installed them in the right order.

hunteds911
April 25th, 2017, 08:03 PM
This actually is the Uxstyle causing the explorer crash when trying to access the themes. UxStyle_0242_x86_x64_preview.exe is the I ran into the same issue with. I went to the UltraUxThemePatcher version 3.2.1 route and everything works fine. I am hoping Aero Glass will get to be updated to where it will function, but I am running themes again so I am happy. lol

Dark Knight
April 25th, 2017, 08:47 PM
I do not know what I am doing wrong ........

I got the SIB desktop hover image to work in HUD Machine Launch but now no matter what I do it does not work any longer, is there a style hack I am not aware of or a setting in SIB?
It is starting to get on my nerves, I have a few themes I have ported over to the Creators Update and for some reason I just cannot get it to take, I have made sure that all the settings in WSB are right but looking at other themes that Shem has posted and everything is correct but yet the image will not show in WSB test mode or even if I drop the theme into the Windows theme folder and apply it.

The image works on themes I have downloaded and am running but when I do a port of my own I just cannot get the image below to take.

I really need help on this, it is starting to drive me nuts :gun:

Shemhamforash
April 25th, 2017, 09:37 PM
I do not know what I am doing wrong ........

I got the SIB desktop hover image to work in HUD Machine Launch but now no matter what I do it does not work any longer, is there a style hack I am not aware of or a setting in SIB?
It is starting to get on my nerves, I have a few themes I have ported over to the Creators Update and for some reason I just cannot get it to take, I have made sure that all the settings in WSB are right but looking at other themes that Shem has posted and everything is correct but yet the image will not show in WSB test mode or even if I drop the theme into the Windows theme folder and apply it.

The image works on themes I have downloaded and am running but when I do a port of my own I just cannot get the image below to take.

I really need help on this, it is starting to drive me nuts :gun:

Make sure IMAGELAYOUT and IMAGECOUNT are gone

Other than that maybe your SIZINGMARGINS are too high.

Dark Knight
April 25th, 2017, 09:47 PM
Make sure IMAGELAYOUT and IMAGECOUNT are gone

Other than that maybe your SIZINGMARGINS are too high.

Not using image count and layout, my sizing margins are the same as you had used in HUD Grey

Shemhamforash
April 25th, 2017, 09:53 PM
Not using image count and layout, my sizing margins are the same as you had used in HUD Grey

The only other suggestion I have for you is to create a style hack of list item in a theme that has the list item image, import it and make sure you have the same settings as it.

Another thing we could try is you upload the msstyles and I or someone else takes a look if they can find something wrong.

Dark Knight
April 25th, 2017, 10:01 PM
The only other suggestion I have for you is to create a style hack of list item in a theme that has the list item image, import it and make sure you have the same settings as it.

Another thing we could try is you upload the msstyles and I or someone else takes a look if they can find something wrong.

I really would rather I learn this, how would I go about exporting a style hack from an existing theme that is correct?

Dark Knight
April 25th, 2017, 11:13 PM
Ok, I give up. I have created style hacks from themes that do work, imported them into a theme I am trying to port and it still doesn't work.

Here is the msstyles file, maybe someone can point out what I am doing wrong here .......

Mr GRiM
April 25th, 2017, 11:38 PM
I'll take a look for you and see what I can do.

Shemhamforash
April 25th, 2017, 11:59 PM
Ok, I give up. I have created style hacks from themes that do work, imported them into a theme I am trying to port and it still doesn't work.

Here is the msstyles file, maybe someone can point out what I am doing wrong here .......

Not working for me either, tried another copy I have of it too and it didn't show up.

Mr GRiM
April 26th, 2017, 12:01 AM
OK so I found out that it was the properties in Taskbar & System Tray > TaskBand > Aero > TaskBandExtendedUI > Thumbnails & Controls > Background that were causing the image not to show, as you can see mine are different but all I needed to do is change the BGType > borderfill option to none and the image in Taskbar & System Tray > TaskBand > Aero > TaskBandExtendedUI > Thumbnails & Controls > BackgroundShadow would show, I also copied the content margins from my theme.

Dark Knight
April 26th, 2017, 12:13 AM
Thanks GRiM, I swear, sometimes WSB can drive you nuts, It is showing for me now :happy:

Shemhamforash
April 26th, 2017, 12:49 AM
I had to change that background to a blank image before, some kind of similar issue I think

Aries1970
April 26th, 2017, 08:55 AM
Hi Mr.Grim, can you import the Poison theme to 1703?

Wierdlogain
April 27th, 2017, 02:01 PM
maybe I have a solution for you... I had a similar problem whwn i installed the old new explorer and I changed the shell...
In /Windows/Resources/Themes open the theme you are using, and replace the shell directory with this one. https://mega.nz/#!sER0hL6D!SBPrI6HrFVWMSyr7bN-W00VeX7QdbKIKncK05Wd1xdQ (https://mega.nz/#%21sER0hL6D%21SBPrI6HrFVWMSyr7bN-W00VeX7QdbKIKncK05Wd1xdQ)
Switch to a different theme first such as Windows default

Thanks for the help Giova :) But I had already tried that and that did not work either.
But after trying a few more times I finally got it to work dont ask me how, it just did :cheeky:
Thank again.

dhjohns
April 27th, 2017, 02:19 PM
Using UltraUXThemePatcher and shell.zip, I was able to get Black Edition up and running in RS2, but even though I've applied the "Remove Default Colors" registry fix, my titlebars turn bright blue every time I lock. Applying a different accent color has no effect -- it still reverts to bright blue on every lock. Has anyone found a fix for this yet?There are three reg files here. I ran each one after update, and it fixed that issue.77482

blackwind
May 3rd, 2017, 07:26 AM
There are three reg files here. I ran each one after update, and it fixed that issue.77482
I tried running all three, reloading the theme, and rebooting, and also running all three and rebooting without reloading. No change. You don't even have to fully lock -- a Ctrl+Alt+Del is enough to trigger it. Sometimes it doesn't happen the first time, but it always happens the second time.