PDA

View Full Version : Windows 10 menu selection color

iorgu
May 19th, 2017, 08:21 AM
Hello. I want to change a color on the default windows 10 theme.

Does anyone know where this is in the builder?

The color when you hover over a selection on a right click menu.

I want that light blue changed to a light gray.

Thanks!

Agelyk
May 20th, 2017, 01:29 AM
-Lists, menu,s & tabs > menu (or context menu) > popupitem > FILLCOLOR

This you also have to add in the immersive menus

iorgu
May 20th, 2017, 12:12 PM
Thank you so much, Agelyk!

The menu colors were part of the .png, as there was no "FILLCOLOR" on this theme i wanted to copy the menu style.

So i went to my W7 theme, exported Menu_PopUpItemImage.png, Menu_PopUpSubMenuImage.png, Menu_PopUpCheckBackgroundImage and a few others i found relevant and imported them all in the corresponding locations of the W10 theme.

The menu now looks as i wanted!

Thanks again!

Agelyk
May 20th, 2017, 04:04 PM
Thank you so much, Agelyk!

The menu colors were part of the .png, as there was no "FILLCOLOR" on this theme i wanted to copy the menu style.

So i went to my W7 theme, exported Menu_PopUpItemImage.png, Menu_PopUpSubMenuImage.png, Menu_PopUpCheckBackgroundImage and a few others i found relevant and imported them all in the corresponding locations of the W10 theme.

The menu now looks as i wanted!

Thanks again!
YW but, for the next time if u see that it is a "simple" highlighted color, delete the image (property imagefile) and change in BGTYPE from IMAGEFILE to BORDERFILL so that the FILLCOLOR property can be applied.

iorgu
May 20th, 2017, 06:48 PM
YW but, for the next time if u see that it is a "simple" highlighted color, delete the image (property imagefile) and change in BGTYPE from IMAGEFILE to BORDERFILL so that the FILLCOLOR property can be applied.

You mean going from this to this?

If so, i had no luck. The menu in the end doesn't look right. I think it needs that picture to look right when you have the mouse over a selection.

Agelyk
May 21st, 2017, 03:10 AM
You mean going from this to this?

If so, i had no luck. The menu in the end doesn't look right. I think it needs that picture to look right when you have the mouse over a selection.

I just wanted to tell you that you just have to change the "Hot" state and leave the menu properties (PopUpItem) intact.
Sorry for not being so specific.

iorgu
May 21st, 2017, 11:12 AM
I just wanted to tell you that you just have to change the "Hot" state and leave the menu properties (PopUpItem) intact.
Sorry for not being so specific.

Oh, oh, now i seem to get the hang of it!

BGTYPE - BORDERFILL, BORDERSIZE = 0, delete IMAGEFILE
Go to hot, add FILLCOLOR = whatever ---> WIN!

This is what i got from a quick play. It's not the same quality as the imported .png from the old theme, but it's a start.

I hope i don't catch the bug and start working on a XP Luna Silver theme...

Agelyk
May 21st, 2017, 03:30 PM
looks good but this applies mostly if your theme is completely FLAT, but if you want a better finish ... you need a PNG.