PDA

View Full Version : Star Trek for Windows 10 1703 - 1903

Dark Knight
May 30th, 2017, 05:59 PM
Star Trek for Windows 10

For Windows 10 1703 - 2004 (RS2 THRU 20H1 )

Star Trek
Original Theme By Razorsedge - Port by Dark Knight

Theme Includes
custom cursors
custom sound pack
shell32 images
start button
Fonts
5 different wallpapers

Theme Extras
Shellbrd Orb
RocketDock Skin
RocketDock Icons

Theme Credits
Mr GRiM - custom import scripts
Razorsedge - Original Theme Design

Installing themes on Windows 10:
Some Tools You May Need

Installation per-requisites:

Uxstyle, Theme Signature Bypass (http://virtualcustoms.net/attachment.php?attachmentid=74615&d=1470338612) and UltraUxThemePatcher
UxTheme Signature Bypass

ONE
OldNewExplorer is the Windows 10 (and Windows 8.1, and 8) shell extension / tweaker which can undo "improvements" to file browsing made in newer Windows versions. Everything is optional for your liking.
For best results, use these settings:
http://virtualcustoms.net/attachment.php?attachmentid=77346&d=1492660259 (http://virtualcustoms.net/attachment.php?attachmentid=77346&d=1492660259)

StartIsBack++ for Windows 10 (http://startisback.com/#download-tab)
What's hot about StartIsBack on Windows 10 now?
Full taskbar skinning!
Ability to reduce resource usage by disabling newer Start menu and Cortana processes from prelaunching
Ability to use adequately sized (32x32) large icons and larger start menu button on taskbar
Modern icon glyphs on Start menu right hand pane
Modern blur, drop shadow and immersive context menus for start menu
Fully dynamic DPI aware start menu and configuration app
New modern style with round user picture
Lots of new minor additions and tweaks

Recommended Prior to Applying Custom Themes:

1.) Create a Restore Point
2.) Install Fonts included in the "Extras" folder
3.) Apply System Metrics included in the "Extras" folder and logout or reboot
4.) Install an iPack or 7tsp pack of your choice to change the system icons
5.) Select the Theme's Start Menu and Taskbar in the StartIsBack++ configuration. If it's not a visible option to select the theme's start menu, apply your custom theme first!
6.) Copy a Start Orb from the "Theme" folder to a new location, rename it, then open the StartIsBack++ configuration, click Add... select the Start Orb and click Apply.

I take no responsibility for anyone that bricks their system, use custom themes at your own risk

Please make sure you download the correct file according to your version of Windows!

rocky1961
May 30th, 2017, 06:31 PM
WOW!looks amazing!
thank you

devillnside
May 30th, 2017, 07:08 PM
awesome port

herairness
August 26th, 2018, 11:55 AM
Hello everyone,
Thanks for this awesome port for huge Star Trek fans such as myself! I wonder if anyone could help me. I got everything else working when installing the theme (orbs, sounds, fonts etc.) except the look from the first picture above. I followed all steps exactly and still when i click on the start orb I get this:
Any help is much appreciated, thanks in advance.

Nimbi
August 26th, 2018, 11:40 PM
Hello everyone,
Thanks for this awesome port for huge Star Trek fans such as myself! I wonder if anyone could help me. I got everything else working when installing the theme (orbs, sounds, fonts etc.) except the look from the first picture above. I followed all steps exactly and still when i click on the start orb I get this:
Any help is much appreciated, thanks in advance.

Go to your display settings and check if you are on 100% scale. if not set your scale to 100%. If you are, then I would have to assume you have the wrong version of StartIsBack++ installed for your system. Also just in case, open the run dialog and type winver to open winver.exe and let us know which specific build your on, just in case you might be on the wrong build.

Those three issues are the only ones I can thing of at the moment that would cause your issue.

herairness
August 27th, 2018, 04:28 AM
Hi, Nimbi, thanks for the reply. No, I am not at 100% scaling because I own an Assus ROG laptop and under Win 10 I can't see absolutely anything because everything gets too tiny. I'm at 150% custom scaling as my recommended setting is 125% anyway. StartIsBack++ is the latest version 2.6.4. As for Windows it is 10 Pro or more specifically Version 1803 (OS Build 17134.112).Hope this helps in any way.

Nimbi
August 27th, 2018, 04:37 AM
Hi, Nimbi, thanks for the reply. No, I am not at 100% scaling because I own an Assus ROG laptop and under Win 10 I can't see absolutely anything because everything gets too tiny. I'm at 150% custom scaling as my recommended setting is 125% anyway. StartIsBack++ is the latest version 2.6.4. As for Windows it is 10 Pro or more specifically Version 1803 (OS Build 17134.112).Hope this helps in any way.

Sounds like your issue is the scaling then. Most custom .msstyle themes here are designed on a scale of 100%. And a lot of the people here have claimed it to be a bit too difficult to build for too much higher [especially since the majority of us don't usually use anything that requires higher].

So you'll need to run on 100% scale if you can. My suggestion, if your screen resolution is higher than 1920x1080, or 1920x1200, try lowering it to one of those if you aren't already on one of them [or if you can]. Then you 'should' be able to use a scale of 100% without too much of an issue.

herairness
August 27th, 2018, 05:04 AM
Hi again,
it's not working even at 100% scaling and 1020x1080 is my recommended resolution, so I am already using it. I checked, the other two screenshots (this PC and the control panel)are exactly the same as shown, it's still just the start menu that refuses to display right. 80586
I am guessing maybe rescaling the background used for it could work, but unfortunately I have no idea which one would that be.

Dark Knight
August 27th, 2018, 09:07 PM
Hi again,
it's not working even at 100% scaling and 1020x1080 is my recommended resolution, so I am already using it. I checked, the other two screenshots (this PC and the control panel)are exactly the same as shown, it's still just the start menu that refuses to display right. 80586
I am guessing maybe rescaling the background used for it could work, but unfortunately I have no idea which one would that be.

Can you post some screen shots of your settings in StartIsBack ++ ?

Nimbi
August 27th, 2018, 09:10 PM
Hi again,

hmmm... if it's still doing that at 100% scale and your at a good screen res, then the only thing i can think of is you may have got a bad install of the theme. Might try re downloading and retrying. If it still doesn't work then this would be a new issue to me, sorry.

You might also want to see if you got a legit copy of StartIsBack++, because some places will give 'unofficial' versions that don't always work properly. [We don't really support those versions for reasons]. I've seen my fair share of scam sites that look almost identical to the actual website, so I can see one of those popping up for StartIsBack easily lol.

If it turns out to not be a bad download, make sure you got your copy of StartIsBack++ from here: https://startisback.com/#download-tab

Bad downloads and faulty 'unofficial' versions of StartIsBack++ are the only two things left that I can think of to cause your issue.

Unless that "1020x1080" thing wasn't a typo, then I'm not entirely sure if your needs custom scaling for these to work as I've never seen such a unique screen resolution. the only 1080 screen resolution I've ever seen is 1920x1080.

herairness
August 28th, 2018, 11:09 AM
Hi again,

Nimbi, yes it's a typo :) Of course it's 1920x1080. To answer your questions - I doubt it's faulty theme, I downloaded it from the first link on top of the page, the one Dark Knight gave. And yes, StartIsBack is exactly from your link. Also strange that if I type program name in the transparent search in the start menu that I am not seeing correct, the displayed results show as they are supposed to - really weird.80590

Dark Knight, of course I can post screenshots. Here they are and as I am not sure what you will see is checked or not, I have noted the settings with red. Thanks for any feedback :) This still is an awesome theme in every other way!

Nimbi
August 28th, 2018, 07:49 PM
Hi again,
of course I can post screenshots. Here they are and as I am not sure what you will see is checked or not, I have noted the settings with red. Thanks for any feedback :) This still is an awesome theme in every other way!

This appears to be where the download may have gotten corrupted. Your start menu skin is borked. I would suggest attempting to redownload and see if it downloads properly this time. It looks like your start menu skin got corrupted in the download somehow.

Here's what it should look like:

Mind, I'm on the latest insider build but it still works all the same basically.

herairness
August 28th, 2018, 08:04 PM
Hi Nimbi,
No, I redownloaded even with the Firewall and Anti Virus real time protection Off, still the same result :(

Dark Knight
August 28th, 2018, 09:43 PM
This appears to be where the download may have gotten corrupted. Your start menu skin is borked. I would suggest attempting to redownload and see if it downloads properly this time. It looks like your start menu skin got corrupted in the download somehow.

Here's what it should look like:

Mind, I'm on the latest insider build but it still works all the same basically.

Also under Appearance, un-tick "use custom start menu coloring" you don't need to use it for this theme. I could not see it under the Start Menu options, make sure "Display gyph icons" is un-ticked also.

herairness
August 28th, 2018, 09:58 PM
Thanks, I unchecked the options you mentioned, still no change :(

Nimbi
August 29th, 2018, 08:59 AM
Hi Nimbi,
No, I redownloaded even with the Firewall and Anti Virus real time protection Off, still the same result :(

I'm officially stumped now. I honestly don't know why your start menu skin keeps coming out corrupted....

I literally downloaded my copy from that same link right after your first post to test in and even see if it worked on the latest insider build and had no issues.

I'm completely stumped.... Sorry....

herairness
August 29th, 2018, 09:21 AM
That's OK, Nimbi, everything else works perfectly, so it's not that big a deal, I don't use the Start that much anyway. But I did notice the other context menu is also not there at all. Really weird...80610

Dark Knight
October 28th, 2018, 02:31 AM
Thread has been updated to include theme port for 1809 (RS5)

devillnside
October 28th, 2018, 03:21 AM
Thread has been updated to include theme port for 1809 (RS5)

well you've been keeping busy mate.. thanks!!

Dark Knight
June 2nd, 2019, 06:20 AM
Thread Has been updated, now includes theme download for Windows 10 Spring 2019 Update version 1903 [RS6]

ミறѳѳղղįզվદ彡
June 2nd, 2019, 05:36 PM
thread start trek

Thread Has been updated, now includes theme download for Windows 10 Spring 2019 Update version 1903 [RS6]
thread poison v1

Thread has been updated, now includes theme download for Windows 10 Spring 2019 Update 1903 [RS6]
thread poison v2

Thread Has Been Updated, now includes theme download for Windows 10 Spring 2019 Update 1903 [RS6]
thread steampunk

Thread has been updated, now includes theme download for Windows 10 Spring 2019 Update 1903 [RS6]
thread verbum honoris

thread ac/dc

Thread has been updated, now includes theme download for Windows 10 2019 Spring Update 1903 [RS6]
a lot of work my dear friend really amaaazing hard work porting all for w10 1903:greedy:
:loving:you need a little rest:loving::loving:

Dark Knight
April 29th, 2020, 05:43 PM
Thread has been updated to include a theme download for 19H1 Thru 20H1

As a general note, any theme made or ported to 1903 (19H1) Will run on 1909 (19H2) and 2000 (20H1) no changes in the way of install or porting is needed. Although I would recommend using the latest versions of StartIsBack++ , Old New Explorer and Aeroglass (Aeroglass is always optional)

easel
April 29th, 2020, 08:30 PM
Awesome work dude many thanks for the work & share..|!!!:greedy::happy::peace:

Une Personne
December 30th, 2020, 09:11 PM
Require at least 1 post to view signatures.

rickann04
July 9th, 2022, 04:30 PM
Excellent Theme! Have watched all the Star Trek series and movies.