PDA

View Full Version : Steampunk for Windows 10 1703 - 1803 and 1903

Dark Knight
May 31st, 2017, 01:25 AM
Steampunk
For Windows 10 1703 - 1803 (RS2 THRU RS4 )
and
Windows 10 Spring 2019 Update 1903 (RS6)

Steampunk
Original Theme By Razorsedge - Port by Dark Knight

Theme Includes
custom cursors
custom sound pack
shell32 images
start button
Fonts
7 Different Wallpapers

Theme Extras
Shellbrd Orb

Theme Credits
Mr GRiM - custom import scripts
Razorsedge - Original Theme Design

Methods to Install Custom Themes
Windows 10 All-In-One Installer with Uninstaller
OR
ThemeSignatureBypass by Big Muscle

Installing themes on Windows 10:
Some Tools You May Need

Uxstyle, Theme Signature Bypass (http://virtualcustoms.net/attachment.php?attachmentid=74615&d=1470338612) and UltraUxThemePatcher
UxTheme service hook - Visual Theme Signature Bypass

ONE
OldNewExplorer is the Windows 10 (and Windows 8.1, and 8) shell extension / tweaker which can undo "improvements" to file browsing made in newer Windows versions. Everything is optional for your liking.
For best results, use these settings:
http://virtualcustoms.net/attachment.php?attachmentid=77346&d=1492660259 (http://virtualcustoms.net/attachment.php?attachmentid=77346&d=1492660259)

StartIsBack++ for Windows 10 (http://startisback.com/#download-tab)
What's hot about StartIsBack on Windows 10 now?
Full taskbar skinning!
Ability to reduce resource usage by disabling newer Start menu and Cortana processes from prelaunching
Ability to use adequately sized (32x32) large icons and larger start menu button on taskbar
Modern icon glyphs on Start menu right hand pane
Modern blur, drop shadow and immersive context menus for start menu
Fully dynamic DPI aware start menu and configuration app
New modern style with round user picture
Lots of new minor additions and tweaks

Recommended Prior to Applying Custom Themes:

1.) Create a Restore Point
2.) Install Fonts included in the "Extras" folder
3.) Apply System Metrics included in the "Extras" folder and logout or reboot
4.) Install an iPack of your choice to change the system icons
5.) Select the Theme's Start Menu and Taskbar in the StartIsBack++ configuration. If it's not a visible option to select the theme's start menu, apply your custom theme first!
6.) Copy a Start Orb from the "Theme" folder to a new location, rename it, then open the StartIsBack++ configuration, click Add... select the Start Orb and click Apply.

I take no responsibility for anyone that bricks their system, use custom themes at your own risk

Please make sure you download the correct theme file according to your Windows version!

Hunk_4TH
May 31st, 2017, 01:44 AM
That was quick thanks!!!

devillnside
June 3rd, 2017, 03:43 AM
now this looks freaking awesome:beautiful::givahand:

Dark Knight
June 2nd, 2019, 08:04 AM
Thread has been updated, now includes theme download for Windows 10 Spring 2019 Update 1903 [RS6]

Shadowalker001
July 13th, 2019, 04:31 AM
Anybody happen to know where a Uxstyle that is compatible with 1903 can be found? I have tried a couple different steampunk skins now that need it, but Windows wont let me install it since I updated.
Thanks for any info.

awol_lsd
July 20th, 2019, 09:31 PM
i can't seem to figure out how to get the taskbar to look like it does in the SS's everything else seems to work fine but i guess i'm missing something/doing something wrong?

ミறѳѳղղįզվદ彡
July 20th, 2019, 09:57 PM
i can't seem to figure out how to get the taskbar to look like it does in the SS's everything else seems to work fine but i guess i'm missing something/doing something wrong?
you need start is back installed on your pc

awol_lsd
July 20th, 2019, 10:19 PM
i did that, and with it i can get the start button icon changed (though it wasn't in the options, i had to browse and select one which is ok) but no options for taskbar. only the 4 default options for visual style-start menu/task bar.

ミறѳѳղղįզվદ彡
July 20th, 2019, 11:12 PM
i did that, and with it i can get the start button icon changed (though it wasn't in the options, i had to browse and select one which is ok) but no options for taskbar. only the 4 default options for visual style-start menu/task bar.
please can you upload one image as me here for identifing where is the problem
http://i68.tinypic.com/20ro7rq.png

awol_lsd
July 20th, 2019, 11:31 PM
it's just as i said, everything is fine except the task bar, the instructions says "5.) Select the Theme's Start Menu and Taskbar in the StartIsBack++ configuration. If it's not a visible option to select the theme's start menu, apply your custom theme first!" which i have tried a couple times but no luck :( i tried to follow everything exact but seems nothing works. but everything else is working fine, the icons, cursor, background, start button orb, just not task bar and start menu apperance.

ミறѳѳղղįզվદ彡
July 20th, 2019, 11:39 PM
it's just as i said, everything is fine except the task bar, the instructions says "5.) Select the Theme's Start Menu and Taskbar in the StartIsBack++ configuration. If it's not a visible option to select the theme's start menu, apply your custom theme first!" which i have tried a couple times but no luck :( i tried to follow everything exact but seems nothing works. but everything else is working fine, the icons, cursor, background, start button orb, just not task bar and start menu apperance.

yes your custom theme is not in the start is back
one question do you have patched your system for using 3rd party themes?
please use default windows theme and try to install ultrauxtheme patcher run as administrator
after patching and restarting your pc try again using your custom theme

awol_lsd
July 20th, 2019, 11:53 PM
yeah i had done that a couple times before, i did it again just now since you asked. and still the same. hmmm

ミறѳѳղղįզվદ彡
July 21st, 2019, 12:04 AM
yeah i had done that a couple times before, i did it again just now since you asked. and still the same. hmmm
and you have this status (patched) for themeui and uxinit
please can you upload your ultrauxtheme patcher screen here

awol_lsd
July 21st, 2019, 12:09 AM
yeah it's said patched in those two slots

ミறѳѳղղįզվદ彡
July 21st, 2019, 12:16 AM
yeah it's said patched in those two slots

and you are on rs4 1803 17134 you need to download and using theme for creators update
and DPI scaling on 100%

awol_lsd
July 21st, 2019, 12:22 AM
1st... thank you very much you've been nice and your help has been greatly appreciated :)

2nd.. the problem was i'm a fk'n moron lol..... i had downloaded the wrong one first i had realized i needed the other and downloaded it before posting/asking for help... except i forgot to install it to the folder i just downloaded and "extract here" lmfao... moved it to proper folder and all is good

thanks again <3

ミறѳѳղղįզվદ彡
July 21st, 2019, 12:26 AM
1st... thank you very much you've been nice and your help has been greatly appreciated :)

2nd.. the problem was i'm a fk'n moron lol..... i had downloaded the wrong one first i had realized i needed the other and downloaded it before posting/asking for help... except i forgot to install it to the folder i just downloaded and "extract here" lmfao... moved it to proper folder and all is good

thanks again <3
no problem and i am glad is all ok now:Peace:

Ultimitmale
July 22nd, 2019, 10:31 AM
Must have taken soo much time to make this theme as the result is totaly fantastic, the detail just blows me away and the wallpaper you can almost feel the texture.
Another one of the greatest themes to admire.

xcrysz
September 15th, 2019, 11:11 PM
I am running win 10 1803 latest patch. Nothing i do seems to work. I dl'd all the programs except for uxstyle. Can anyone help?

ミறѳѳղղįզվદ彡
September 16th, 2019, 01:40 PM
I am running win 10 1803 latest patch. Nothing i do seems to work. I dl'd all the programs except for uxstyle. Can anyone help?
hello and you can use UltraUXTheme patcher:Smile:

Problem - Patcher is patching, but after a reboot nothing is modified
UXThemePatcher does not patch all files even if my Windows Version is supported. How do I fix it?
In rare cases after a Windows 10 Update, the patcher is not able to take ownership of the necessary files in c:\windows\system32 (uxtheme.dll, UXInit.dll, themeui.dll)
Only solution today: Sign in as Administrator, take ownership (http://winaero.com/blog/how-to-take-ownership-and-get-full-access-to-files-and-folders-in-windows-10/) to the 3 files and grant full authorization
reboot and afterwards use the patcher again as Administrator
The modification should work now

xcrysz
September 17th, 2019, 08:20 PM
My bad. I am actually running 1903. I still tried the method above with no success. This is what ultrauxthemepatcher reports after applying the patch:

I check the system32 folder, and two of the files have backups but not uxtheme.dll.

ミறѳѳղղįզվદ彡
September 19th, 2019, 02:12 PM
My bad. I am actually running 1903. I still tried the method above with no success. This is what ultrauxthemepatcher reports after applying the patch:

I check the system32 folder, and two of the files have backups but not uxtheme.dll.
thats ok because uxtheme.dll not need to patch
but if you are on 1903 then you need using supported themes working on 1903
Example = Steampunk W10 Spring 2019 Update 1903 [RS6] ONLY