PDA

View Full Version : white patch on the taskbar

Levi Vladimir
June 5th, 2017, 04:22 PM
Hey. If you know how to remove a white patch on the taskbar, please help me. ( Windows 10 Enterprise RS1, 1607 ) 77993

Shemhamforash
June 5th, 2017, 04:53 PM
You can use the creators update theme with the shell folder from the anniversary update theme.

Levi Vladimir
June 6th, 2017, 09:02 PM
You can use the creators update theme with the shell folder from the anniversary update theme.

This method does not help - the collapse of the explorer. Is it possible to solve this problem with the help of Restorator?

Shemhamforash
June 6th, 2017, 09:14 PM
This method does not help - the collapse of the explorer. Is it possible to solve this problem with the help of Restorator?

It should work... no Restorator doesn't help.

I think you might have done it wrong. Copy/paste the shell folder into the hud machine blue theme.

Levi Vladimir
June 6th, 2017, 09:20 PM
It should work... no Restorator doesn't help.

I think you might have done it wrong. Copy/paste the shell folder into the hud machine blue theme.

Has this method already helped someone or is this just a guess?

Shemhamforash
June 6th, 2017, 09:24 PM
Has this method already helped someone or is this just a guess?

I just tested exactly what I told you to do with this theme and it works fine. It works with any theme. There's something you're doing wrong.

Levi Vladimir
June 6th, 2017, 09:52 PM
I just tested exactly what I told you to do with this theme and it works fine. It works with any theme. There's something you're doing wrong.

Unfortunately, the former is still a white spot ... I think I need to put up with this ...77996

Dark Knight
June 6th, 2017, 11:21 PM
What version of StartIsBack++ are you using? current version is 2.0.9, yours looks like an older version.

It is not a white space on your theme, it's a missing image. The image that you are missing in your screencap is the view desktop button on the far right of your taskbar, try updating your version of StartIsBack++ and see if that fixes the problem. Older versions had not yet supported the show desktop button.

Or it could be you are using a theme that was not made for your version of Windows

Shemhamforash
June 6th, 2017, 11:39 PM
Unfortunately, the former is still a white spot ... I think I need to put up with this ...77996

You have not downloaded and installed the creators update theme then. And check your version of SiB++.

Dark Knight
June 7th, 2017, 12:50 AM
You have not downloaded and installed the creators update theme then. And check your version of SiB++.

He is running 1607 (Anniversary Update), I have a sneaky suspicion he is trying to run a Creators Update theme on the Anniversary Update.

Shemhamforash
June 7th, 2017, 12:54 AM
He is running 1607 (Anniversary Update), I have a sneaky suspicion he is trying to run a Creators Update theme on the Anniversary Update.

Because I told him to. If you install a creators update theme and replace the shell folder with our anniversary update custom shell folder (like one from a theme of mine for AU) the theme works fine. And he would have the taskbar features from SiB++. I have done this with almost all of my themes for creators update, testing them with modernframe on anniversary update to see if the caption buttons look ok.

Dark Knight
June 7th, 2017, 01:09 AM
Because I told him to. If you install a creators update theme and replace the shell folder with our anniversary update custom shell folder (like one from a theme of mine for AU) the theme works fine. And he would have the taskbar features from SiB++. I have done this with almost all of my themes for creators update, testing them with modernframe on anniversary update to see if the caption buttons look ok.

Oh ok, Then all he should need to do is update SiB.

Shemhamforash
June 7th, 2017, 01:34 AM
Oh ok, Then all he should need to do is update SiB.

Possibly, I think it's more likely that he didn't change the shell properly.

There was someone else who I was helping who was on anniversary update using a theme made for anniversary update, downgrading SiB++ to a version where there weren't any of the new taskbar features removed the white show desktop box, as well as any taskbar thumbnail features.

Levi Vladimir
June 7th, 2017, 05:32 AM
Possibly, I think it's more likely that he didn't change the shell properly.

There was someone else who I was helping who was on anniversary update using a theme made for anniversary update, downgrading SiB++ to a version where there weren't any of the new taskbar features removed the white show desktop box, as well as any taskbar thumbnail features.

I deleted StartIsBack ++ 2.0.9 and installed 1.3.4 - this method helped me. Shemhamforash thanks for the tips.:Smile:77999 But now there's a white bar at the bottom of the active window icon ...78001

Shemhamforash
June 7th, 2017, 08:54 PM
I deleted StartIsBack ++ 2.0.9 and installed 1.3.4 - this method helped me. Shemhamforash thanks for the tips.:Smile:But now there's a white bar at the bottom of the active window icon

Maybe you don't understand, see this post.

The new version needs to have themes updated to support the new features, most of the creators update themes released will have this.

If you don't choose to replace the shell folder of the creators update theme, you can't have the new StartisBack features on anniversary update, the new features weren't made at the time of anniversary update themes.

Shemhamforash
June 7th, 2017, 09:13 PM
Here is the HUD Machine Blue/Light/White theme. It has the new creators update theme, but uses the old shellstyle

Levi Vladimir
June 7th, 2017, 09:37 PM
Here is the HUD Machine Blue/Light/White theme. It has the new creators update theme, but uses the old shellstyle

Installed the theme, until no change ...78012

Shemhamforash
June 7th, 2017, 09:59 PM
Installed the theme, until no change ...78012

Update your version of StartisBack++. 2.0.9.

Levi Vladimir
June 8th, 2017, 02:29 PM
Update your version of StartisBack++. 2.0.9.

Finally everything is perfect. Thank you very much for your help!7801478015