PDA

View Full Version : icon help

deviantdon
June 10th, 2017, 07:34 AM
so the question is:do you need special icon packs for windows 10 or can any of the 7tsp packs be used?

MOST_WASTED
June 10th, 2017, 07:45 AM
i've tried using 7tsp on windows 10. some packs worked, some did not. Dark knight and Lamia told me some res files in the pack from win7 wont work on win10 like shell32.dll.res so that has to be removed for it to work on 10. shell32 and more others.
So YES a 7tsp pack can work for windows 10 depending on whats in it

(Dark Knight and Lamia can convert 7tsp packs to win10 ipacks)

deviantdon
June 10th, 2017, 08:09 AM
thanks for the info bro :Peace:

June 10th, 2017, 11:56 AM
rule of thumb if it doesn't say it will work on 10 don't use it, rather it be 7tps OR ipack. now a warning i personally prefer 7tps cause i've run into a issue of late where once the ipack is installed and the reboot is done a lot if not all the icons fade back to the windows default icons. i'm far from the only one who has had this issue. 7tps may be older and a deaf project but it works.

Shemhamforash
June 10th, 2017, 12:39 PM
iPacks actually do not let you install them if they were built for Windows 7 and you're trying to install them on Windows 8.1/10 and vice versa.

Also, with iPacks you can safely use the same resources that were in the Windows 7 pack as shown in this screenshot:

Noh
June 11th, 2017, 08:27 AM
How to Change exploere.exe icon

Shemhamforash
June 11th, 2017, 02:13 PM
How to Change exploere.exe icon

Open explorer, unpin it from the taskbar and start menu, right click and change the icon from the taskbar icon, and repin the icon.

king_of_ireland
June 13th, 2017, 10:26 PM
Yeah i've been running into the icons fading on iPack as well, but it's so simple to use and it has worked 100% of the time for me. First post so big thanks to Mr. GRiM for all of his hard work and the rest of the community. I'm so close to patching a 3rd party theme I can feel it! (Restored 3 times now because I can't access 90% of websites after the theme and can't seem to fix it).

MOST_WASTED
June 14th, 2017, 07:51 AM
Yeah i've been running into the icons fading on iPack as well, but it's so simple to use and it has worked 100% of the time for me. First post so big thanks to Mr. GRiM for all of his hard work and the rest of the community. I'm so close to patching a 3rd party theme I can feel it! (Restored 3 times now because I can't access 90% of websites after the theme and can't seem to fix it).

Talk about a weird problem. I cant see how changing a windows theme affects access to a site, unless it includes an icon pack that has one incompatible file in it that edits one of your system files that involves your network. Why it only affects 90% of websites is also a stumper

king_of_ireland
June 14th, 2017, 08:22 AM
Correction: It seems to allow me to certain websites that I go to often. Examples: Yahoo!, Google (and will find your enquiries, just can't connect to the site), YouTube.

Also the icon thing was very strange. It seemed to replace 1-2 icons every? 20 or so minutes. It never fully took away my hard drive icons.

edit: in my original post, it sounded as if the fading icons happened often with your program. This is the first time i've ran into this situation. Since then i've used the same pack and all is well.