PDA

View Full Version : Custom Class maps & import scripts for Windows 10 RS1+ Version 1607 - 1703

Mr GRiM
June 15th, 2017, 06:59 AM
These are updated custom import scripts for Windows 10 RS1 and RS2 Creators Update to use with SiB to bring back full customization for the start menu and taskbar.

This is not just for importing themes from Windows 8 but is also for making it easier to updating existing Windows 10 themes to include new support for SiB and also has a style script to add back the show desktop classes, hold shift and click on "import stylehack" to open the stylescripts and select "SiB Show Desktop".

Windows 8 to Windows 10 RS1+.

1. Open the folder called "Windows Style Builder 8-10 RS1+"

2. Open the WSB Program.

3. Go to File > Open > Import 7 Theme

4. Open the the Windows 8 Theme you want to import and do not save.

5. Select Import Style Hack and select "10 Import Fix" (Very important!!, will have white flashing screen if this step is missed)

6. Save your theme and then reopen it, then save it once more and your done.

7. Optional step for SiB, hold shift and click on "import stylehack" to open the stylescripts and select "SiB Thumbnails & Controls" to fix the extended UI parts to use with SiB.

Some adjustments may still be necessary as SiB works a little different with how it handles the images.

This will also automatically add back any missing classes that are removed and restore support for the Start menu and Taskbar so it will work with StartIsBack.

I have also included some new Shellstyles for Windows 10 Creators Update to use with OldNewExplorer.

I am not responsible for anyone who bricks their system using these import scripts, always create a restore point, it's always best to experiment on a Virtual Machine before using on your live OS

deviantdon
June 15th, 2017, 07:26 AM
thanks for all you do :Smile:

devillnside
June 15th, 2017, 01:02 PM
thanks mate for this....

Agelyk
June 19th, 2017, 03:56 AM
WOW! Boss This is amazing and very useful.:daman: 78083

Agelyk
June 24th, 2017, 03:56 PM
Boss is normal that there is this error? (With your last script)

DBlake
October 20th, 2017, 10:11 PM
So the 10 to 10 RS1+ doesn't require any special procedure for importing? I can't seem to get it to work...

DBlake
January 17th, 2018, 11:14 AM
Also, does this work on 1709?

freak69ize
January 17th, 2018, 11:17 AM
Also, does this work on 1709?

Yeah it works

koolx
January 18th, 2018, 09:34 PM
Grim,

I applied the patches as per your instructions to my WSB. The result was horrifying. It made my screen completely black and couldnt get back into my desktop. I had to RESTORE my system TWICE! The 1st time after I restored my system I thought the patches I applied to WSB were gone and was happy. But to my horror after I edited my theme again and saved it, my screen went black and had to resore my system yet again.

How do I seriously remove these virus-like patches from WSB?? I dont want to go through the same idiot horror of system restoring my pc after saving my themes in WSB.

devillnside
January 19th, 2018, 03:39 AM
did you apply the visualstyle from the pop up dialog in wsb?? as in the the dialog that says something like "your visual style has been saved successfully. would you like to use it now??"

if so then that is the problem... dont do that .. no matter what, it will always pop up a black screen if you do that

koolx
January 19th, 2018, 04:02 AM
did you apply the visualstyle from the pop up dialog in wsb?? as in the the dialog that says something like "your visual style has been saved successfully. would you like to use it now??"

if so then that is the problem... dont do that .. no matter what, it will always pop up a black screen if you do that

No I didnt. The black screen came up when I closed WSB then restarted it and loaded my theme. I then hit "test" to test out my theme. Thats when the screen went completely black and had to restore.

I was better off without the patches. How do I fix this or how do I remove all these patches?

Mr GRiM
January 19th, 2018, 04:20 AM
No I didnt. The black screen came up when I closed WSB then restarted it and loaded my theme. I then hit "test" to test out my theme. Thats when the screen went completely black and had to restore.

I was better off without the patches. How do I fix this or how do I remove all these patches?

There is nothing wrong with my alterations,I have simply updated locations that were not present in the official release, these alterations could in no way be responsible for your issues, it sounds like you have used a theme that was not imported correctly or not for the version of windows you are using, if you want to restore WSB to default then download the last beta from their site https://www.vistastylebuilder.com/forum/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=2130.0;attach=1373 delete the files from C:\Program Files (x86)\AveApps and replace them with the original ones.

koolx
January 19th, 2018, 04:46 AM
There is nothing wrong with my alterations,I have simply updated locations that were not present in the official release, these alterations could in no way be responsible for your issues, it sounds like you have used a theme that was not imported correctly or not for the version of windows you are using, if you want to restore WSB to default then download the last beta from their site https://www.vistastylebuilder.com/forum/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=2130.0;attach=1373 delete the files from C:\Program Files (x86)\AveApps and replace them with the original ones.

Grim, these are the steps I took according to your instructions:

1) I downloaded and extracted the file from your link. I opened the folder, ‘Windows Style Builder 8-10 RS1+.’ There I clicked and opened the ‘Windows Style Builder.exe.’ Then I held down shift and clicked on "import stylehack." I then choose ‘SIB Show Desktop.’

2) In the same ‘Windows Style Builder.exe’ from ‘Windows Style Builder 8-10 RS1+’ I went to: Then I opened ‘import stylehacks’ by holding down shift and clicked on ‘10 Import Fix.’

3) I saved my theme. I closed it then reopened it again and saved it. I then closed it.

4) I reopened the same ‘Windows Style Builder.exe’ found in ‘Windows Style Builder 8-10 RS1+’.. Again I held down shift and opened ‘import tulehacks’.. Then I chose: ‘SiB Thumbnails & Controls’.

5) I then went to the same wsb and clicked on ‘test’. That’s when the black screen occurred.

>> Let me know where I went wrong.

----------------------------------------------------------------

Btw, I went to C:\Program Files (x86)\AveApps but theres no files in that folder.

devillnside
January 19th, 2018, 09:53 AM

we all use Grim's patches, each & every one of us. without those we wouldn't be able to theme windows 10 properly at all... maybe double check if everything was done properly

devillnside
January 19th, 2018, 04:34 PM
Grim, these are the steps I took according to your instructions:

1) I downloaded and extracted the file from your link. I opened the folder, ‘Windows Style Builder 8-10 RS1+.’ There I clicked and opened the ‘Windows Style Builder.exe.’ Then I held down shift and clicked on "import stylehack." I then choose ‘SIB Show Desktop.’

2) In the same ‘Windows Style Builder.exe’ from ‘Windows Style Builder 8-10 RS1+’ I went to: Then I opened ‘import stylehacks’ by holding down shift and clicked on ‘10 Import Fix.’

3) I saved my theme. I closed it then reopened it again and saved it. I then closed it.

4) I reopened the same ‘Windows Style Builder.exe’ found in ‘Windows Style Builder 8-10 RS1+’.. Again I held down shift and opened ‘import tulehacks’.. Then I chose: ‘SiB Thumbnails & Controls’.

5) I then went to the same wsb and clicked on ‘test’. That’s when the black screen occurred.

>> Let me know where I went wrong.

----------------------------------------------------------------

Btw, I went to C:\Program Files (x86)\AveApps but theres no files in that folder.

try 10 import fix first & then sib show desktop

Shemhamforash
January 19th, 2018, 06:48 PM
There are a few things to keep in mind for when importing VS.

- Make sure you're using the right build of WSB. Note that you can't import 7-10 on any version of W10 except for TH2, build 10586.

- Follow Mr GRiM's steps for applying the 10 import fix.

- Make sure the theme being imported has a shellstyle.dll that is made for the version of Windows 10 being used.

- To avoid the panic of a system failure (which can happen even if you follow the steps correctly) just do all your WSB editing in a virtual machine. Virtualbox is free and relatively easy to learn how to use. It is easy to backup and clone the virtual machine too so you do not have to reinstall it in the event of a system failure. You may find other benefits from using a VM for other tasks as well.

- Any other WSB "hack" included with his builds are optional. Except for the taskbar show desktop fix, the rest can be done manually. Hope this helps.

devillnside
January 19th, 2018, 07:04 PM

- Make sure you're using the right build of WSB. Note that you can't import 7-10 on any version of W10 except for TH2, build 10586.

- Make sure the theme being imported has a shellstyle.dll that is made for the version of Windows 10 being used.

- To avoid the panic of a system failure (which can happen even if you follow the steps correctly) just do all your WSB editing in a virtual machine. Virtualbox is free and relatively easy to learn how to use. It is easy to backup and clone the virtual machine too so you do not have to reinstall it in the event of a system failure. You may find other benefits from using a VM for other tasks as well.

- Any other WSB "hack" included with his builds are optional. Except for the taskbar show desktop fix, the rest can be done manually. Hope this helps.

This!! Exactly how it should be done.. Thanks Shem

koolx
January 22nd, 2018, 03:14 AM

Hi Shemhamforash,

I'm confused by a couple of things you said. You said an incompatible w10 theme or win 7 theme wont work on win 10. But before I used grim's patches, my themes worked on my win 10 without issue. Btw I got WSB 1.5.6.3, Beta Build. So how can my themes be incompatible?

As I said before I followed grim's instruction as I outlined.

Of course my theme has a shellstyle.dll. How else would it work without it??

nicely
February 26th, 2018, 07:38 PM
is there any way to import from W7 to RS3? i tried old scripts in few steps, from W7 to TH2 then TH2 to RS1 then RS1 to RS1+, and result was Blink Screen.

devillnside
February 26th, 2018, 09:24 PM
is there any way to import from W7 to RS3? i tried old scripts in few steps, from W7 to TH2 then TH2 to RS1 then RS1 to RS1+, and result was Blink Screen.

skip the th2 to RS1 bit
just import from 7 to th2 & then use the "Windows Style Builder 10-10 RS1+" import script... it's a;ways how I did it & never had any problems

nicely
February 26th, 2018, 09:45 PM
skip the th2 to RS1 bit
just import from 7 to th2 & then use the "Windows Style Builder 10-10 RS1+" import script... it's a;ways how I did it & never had any problems
thx bro worked well, need to fix some shellstyle (but thats ez)

nicely
February 27th, 2018, 05:27 AM
hey guys, is there any style hack to fix immersive menu on startmenu, or just disable registry like immersive menu on desktop menu?

dhjohns
February 27th, 2018, 12:41 PM
hey guys, is there any style hack to fix immersive menu on startmenu, or just disable registry like immersive menu on desktop menu?
This may be what you need. https://winaero.com/blog/disable-context-menus-start-windows-10/

nicely
February 27th, 2018, 02:50 PM
This may be what you need. https://winaero.com/blog/disable-context-menus-start-windows-10/

thx but thats not what i meant, i mean on sib when right click is not themeable like when u click desktop with right click.

example:

dhjohns
February 27th, 2018, 03:06 PM
Well, I just checked out mine, and it is themed. Perhaps it is the theme you are using. I am on Windows 17107 x64 Professional Workstation, and using the Symbiote theme. I use UXThemeSignatureBypass to enable 3rd party themes. I have no issues with SiB v2.6.

nicely
February 27th, 2018, 04:13 PM
Well, I just checked out mine, and it is themed. Perhaps it is the theme you are using. I am on Windows 17107 x64 Professional Workstation, and using the Symbiote theme. I use UXThemeSignatureBypass to enable 3rd party themes. I have no issues with SiB v2.6.

ik but in my case i just imported from W7 to RS1+ so maybe i just missed some stylehack. cant find.

devillnside
February 27th, 2018, 10:32 PM
ik but in my case i just imported from W7 to RS1+ so maybe i just missed some stylehack. cant find.

if you still haven't sorted it out yet you'll need to theme these parts:

Lists, Menus, & Tabs > Immersive Context Menu > PopUpBackground
Lists, Menus, & Tabs > Immersive Context Menu > PopUpItem
Lists, Menus, & Tabs > Immersive Context Menu > PopUpSeperator

& also

Lists, Menus, & Tabs > Immersive Dark Context Menu > PopUpBackground
Lists, Menus, & Tabs > Immersive Dark Context Menu > PopUpItem
Lists, Menus, & Tabs > Immersive Dark Context Menu > PopUpSeperator

along with the usual Menu > PopUpItem, background etc for all right click menus to be properly themed in windows 10

nicely
February 27th, 2018, 10:50 PM
if you still haven't sorted it out yet you'll need to theme these parts:

Lists, Menus, & Tabs > Immersive Context Menu > PopUpBackground
Lists, Menus, & Tabs > Immersive Context Menu > PopUpItem
Lists, Menus, & Tabs > Immersive Context Menu > PopUpSeperator

& also

Lists, Menus, & Tabs > Immersive Dark Context Menu > PopUpBackground
Lists, Menus, & Tabs > Immersive Dark Context Menu > PopUpItem
Lists, Menus, & Tabs > Immersive Dark Context Menu > PopUpSeperator

along with the usual Menu > PopUpItem, background etc for all right click menus to be properly themed in windows 10

theres no script or stylehack to fix automatically ? need to do it manually?

i exported all from: Lists, Menus, & Tabs > Context Menu > to adresses u showed me (and also edited properties exaclty same)
but no lucky i got ugly context menu for some reason, i dont know what im doing wrong :(

any help ill apreciate it ^^

devillnside
February 28th, 2018, 04:42 AM

i exported all from: Lists, Menus, & Tabs > Context Menu > to adresses u showed me (and also edited properties exaclty same)
but no lucky i got ugly context menu for some reason, i dont know what im doing wrong :(

hold that thought, i need to boot into my win 10 installation & ill make a stylehack for you & post it back

devillnside
February 28th, 2018, 06:01 AM

okay, so here is a stylehack, this is basically from my Intrigue theme. You will need to switch out the PNG files with the ones for your theme. Only the immersive context menu & immersive dark context menu parts are there. Anything under the "Lists, Menus, & Tabs > Context Menu" tree would be already be present, since you are importimg the theme.

nicely
February 28th, 2018, 06:09 PM
okay, so here is a stylehack, this is basically from my Intrigue theme. You will need to switch out the PNG files with the ones for your theme. Only the immersive context menu & immersive dark context menu parts are there. Anything under the "Lists, Menus, & Tabs > Context Menu" tree would be already be present, since you are importimg the theme.

thx alot bro not the same yet but much better (there is no chance they look exactly same?)

freak69ize
February 28th, 2018, 10:55 PM
thx alot bro not the same yet but much better (there is no chance they look exactly same?)

You can get rid of those dividers in menu by going to --> Lists, Menus, & Tabs > Immersive Context Menu > PopUpSeparator.. and then by clicking on image file and change it to none
also in --> Lists, Menus, & Tabs > Immersive Dark Context Menu > PopUpSeparator

nicely
March 1st, 2018, 02:26 AM
You can get rid of those dividers in menu by going to --> Lists, Menus, & Tabs > Immersive Context Menu > PopUpSeparator.. and then by clicking on image file and change it to none
also in --> Lists, Menus, & Tabs > Immersive Dark Context Menu > PopUpSeparator

This is the closest I've gotten,

also I decided to check other themes on the forum and found the error, SIB context menu does not accept image as on the desktop context menu, only color.

if someone figure it out better solution let me know, thx alot for now :)

Mr GRiM
March 1st, 2018, 02:41 AM
This is the closest I've gotten,

also I decided to check other themes on the forum and found the error, SIB context menu does not accept image as on the desktop context menu, only color.

if someone figure it out better solution let me know, thx alot for now :)

Have you tried going to the sib properties under switching and changed the context menu to classic?

nicely
March 1st, 2018, 02:50 AM
Have you tried going to the sib properties under switching and changed the context menu to classic?

wth i was dying trying figuring out on WSB, and the little problem was on SIB (and so simple)

thx Mr. GRiM worked fine now

devillnside
March 1st, 2018, 08:40 PM
wth i was dying trying figuring out on WSB, and the little problem was on SIB (and so simple)

thx Mr. GRiM worked fine now

correct me if im wrong but sib wont theme them if the immersive context & immersive dark context menu are not themed or is it irrelevant & sib will theme all context menus regardless

nicely
March 1st, 2018, 09:16 PM
correct me if im wrong but sib wont theme them if the immersive context & immersive dark context menu are not themed or is it irrelevant & sib will theme all context menus
regardless

its irrelevant, tested today, so we just waste time trying to fix it :)

devillnside
March 2nd, 2018, 11:05 AM
damn dude all this time all this effort for nothing.,...anyway thanks for the info mate

EmilAppel
March 7th, 2018, 02:25 AM
Hi, I've been scouring the interweb for a couple of days on end and i just can't seem to find a clear answer to my problem. Been trying a billion different WSB builds/stylehacks etc. In order to import and edit 1709 themes on 1709. But to no avail so i must've missed something..
I found this thread and i felt like i was onto something as i read that this works on 1709.

But then i read:

Wich makes we superconfused but i decided to give the guide in this thread ago.

Installed UltraUXThemePatcher_3.3.4
Installed OldNewExplorer 1.1.8
Installed StartIsBack++ 2.6.1
I then applied 1709 theme i found on the net and it all seemed to work good so i applied the standard theme and then headed on to the guide in this thread.
With the only exception is i opened "Windows Style Builder 10-10 RS1+" not "8-10 RS1+".
I imported the theme and followed this guide to pin point. But when i tested the theme i got another blackscreen. I fiddled alot more and tried the process again after uninstalling stuff, but no succes this time either.

I snapped cause i've spent days and have gotten nowhere haha. So i reinstalled windows to start from scratch and here i am. Looking to get some clarification to whats actually possible and what i need to do in order to: Run WSB on RS3 and edit RS3 theme to later use.

I have also included some new Shellstyles for Windows 10 Creators Update to use with OldNewExplorer.

Also got a question in regards to Shellstyles for ONE. How exactly does on add these or make these active in a theme? Feel free to point me towards a guide regarding that topic, cause i barely know what to search for yet..

Shemhamforash
March 7th, 2018, 06:46 PM
Hi, I've been scouring the interweb for a couple of days on end and i just can't seem to find a clear answer to my problem. Been trying a billion different WSB builds/stylehacks etc. In order to import and edit 1709 themes on 1709. But to no avail so i must've missed something..
I found this thread and i felt like i was onto something as i read that this works on 1709.

But then i read:

Wich makes we superconfused but i decided to give the guide in this thread ago.

Just to clarify what I meant in the text you quoted by me: so if you are importing a Windows 8 theme to Win 10 use the W8-10 build, and use the 10-10 build if you're importing from 10 rtm to creators update for example.

I still recommend using virtualization when editing themes so it's not quite as painful if something goes wrong when trying the msstyles.