PDA

View Full Version : Start is back uninstalled. Now computer has issues

Saintzer0
June 30th, 2017, 08:27 AM
The 30 trial expired for Startisback. So I uninstalled it from control panel. Ever since my computer becomes unresponsive after a few minutes.
After a Google search I tried reinstalling it to use some built in uninstall option. I did not see one. I tried killing the task in task manager then uninstall. Same result
I'm not sure what I am missing here. Could any of the customer theme programs be dependant on Startisback?

(Edit)
Now when I boot computer it's a black screen. The beep from booting sounds off. But it remains a black screen
Any help would be appreciated. Thank you

(Edit)
Managed to boot after holding shift + restart. Deleted all registry entries and restarted. So far so good. I'll report back if anything else happens

Nimbi
June 30th, 2017, 09:20 AM
Strange.... I've never seen nor heard of a case in which StartIsBack would cause such issues.... Maybe uninstalling it simply triggered a different problem that was simply lying in wait. Sometimes uninstalling a program can trigger a hidden problem on the system [That's actually happened to me a few times].

Saintzer0
June 30th, 2017, 08:23 PM
I'd like to remove all traces of windows customizations from this site to get down to the bottom of my PC problems. How do I do this?

Saintzer0
June 30th, 2017, 09:22 PM
Well problems are back with a vengeance. Computer was running great before Startisback trial expired.
If I can get it into safe mode I think I'll need to remove all customizations from this site to see if they are the culprit or not.
I don't know where to begin though

Nimbi
July 1st, 2017, 01:21 AM
Well problems are back with a vengeance. Computer was running great before Startisback trial expired.
If I can get it into safe mode I think I'll need to remove all customizations from this site to see if they are the culprit or not.
I don't know where to begin though

Hmmmm... sometimes removing large amounts of customizations at once can in fact fudge up the system. What I would suggest is likely a fresh install. If your on Windows 10, you can use the System Refresh Tool [but personally that won't entirely remove everything (even the option to delete everything and start from scratch leaves the actual files behind)]. Basically, a fresh install though is probably your best choice to safely remove all customizations no matter which OS your using.

Saintzer0
July 1st, 2017, 09:43 AM
Ok. Thanks for the reply. I guess I'm just not computer savvy enough to handle the business of customizing windows. When I first found this site years ago the same thing happened. Oh well. Farewell and thank you