PDA

View Full Version : Alienware Gold Clock Issues

Nimbi
June 30th, 2017, 05:47 AM
Can you possibly set the clock to adjust properly when not using military time? I can't really read military time very well since I haven't really used it very much, but it's the only format that fits in the amount of space allotted for the clock.

http://puu.sh/wxTg6.jpg

Shemhamforash
June 30th, 2017, 10:54 AM
Can you possibly set the clock to adjust properly when not using military time? I can't really read military time very well since I haven't really used it very much, but it's the only format that fits in the amount of space allotted for the clock.

No, sorry. I did my best to align the text, I know it's not perfect. Try uninstalling the font Ds-digital.

Nimbi
July 1st, 2017, 06:03 AM
No, sorry. I did my best to align the text, I know it's not perfect. Try uninstalling the font Ds-digital.

Ah, ok. No worries.

---EDIT---

I just tested removing the DS-DIGITAL font but no-go. The clock's bg image is simply too small for that size of font. perhaps this might work though. The small taskbar's clock text fits, but is positioned too high. perhaps lowering that might be a decent solution? I used a beta version of 7+ Taskbar Tweaker to fully center the clock from left to right [basically just disabled the "Show Desktop" button with it].

http://puu.sh/wyJHV.jpg

Shemhamforash
July 1st, 2017, 11:51 AM
Ah, ok. No worries.

---EDIT---

I just tested removing the DS-DIGITAL font but no-go. The clock's bg image is simply too small for that size of font. perhaps this might work though. The small taskbar's clock text fits, but is positioned too high. perhaps lowering that might be a decent solution? I used a beta version of 7+ Taskbar Tweaker to fully center the clock from left to right [basically just disabled the "Show Desktop" button with it].

http://puu.sh/wyJHV.jpg

No, my suggestion would be to use T-clock static which I posted on here.

Nimbi
July 1st, 2017, 04:10 PM
No, my suggestion would be to use T-clock static which I posted on here.

Ah, ok. well, that's Microsoft for ya, lol. Always doing their damndest to limit the effect of mods, lol. Maybe the next update to StartIsBack++ will add a more functional workaround for that, lol [tbh I was under the belief that the current one already had full support for that. but oh well].

Shemhamforash
July 1st, 2017, 04:15 PM
Ah, ok. well, that's Microsoft for ya, lol. Always doing their damndest to limit the effect of mods, lol. Maybe the next update to StartIsBack++ will add a more functional workaround for that, lol [tbh I was under the belief that the current one already had full support for that. but oh well].

If I understand correctly, doing what you requested would require modifying the theme. I wont have access to my WSB for a few months probably, since I've gone remote.

SiB basically just skins the taskbar. The clock font is skinned even with SiB uninstalled.

Nimbi
July 1st, 2017, 04:28 PM
If I understand correctly, doing what you requested would require modifying the theme. I wont have access to my WSB for a few months probably, since I've gone remote.

SiB basically just skins the taskbar. The clock font is skinned even with SiB uninstalled.

Yeah, I meant that I was under the assumption that SiB provided the ability to add background images to the clock that can adjust with to fit the clock text. But I'm guessing that one was limited. I'm guessing the only fix for this issue on this theme would to make the clock text smaller, but I'm not sure if that's an option due to the way the theme was intended... And sadly, T-Clock is a no-go on themes like this since it doesn't support custom images for clocks....

designfjotten
July 1st, 2017, 04:35 PM
Just to clear up here, this theme is ment to be used with 24 hour clock, and it has a clock skin for the one that shows if you click the digital one :)
@Shemhamforash Hit me a pm when you get home and i will send you a image without that clock frame on it so you can add that instead okai? :)

Shemhamforash
July 1st, 2017, 04:41 PM
Just to clear up here, this theme is ment to be used with 24 hour clock, and it has a clock skin for the one that shows if you click the digital one :)
@Shemhamforash Hit me a pm when you get home and i will send you a image without that clock frame on it so you can add that instead okai? :)

Alright, thanks. It's probably not too difficult to remove the frame. I know it's not perfect but I like the frame even if it doesn't fit the text perfectly. I don't see it as a big deal, just my opinion though.

designfjotten
July 1st, 2017, 04:45 PM
Alright, thanks. It's probably not too difficult to remove the frame. I know it's not perfect but I like the frame even if it doesn't fit the text perfectly. I don't see it as a big deal, just my opinion though.

Yeah its no big deal to remove it bud ;) I just wanna make everyone happy, hehe :) it will take me 2 min to do another image, so its all good buddy :) I also really like it that way, i am using the theme myself, and here is how it looks with 24 hour clock :)

Shemhamforash
July 1st, 2017, 04:56 PM
Yeah its no big deal to remove it bud ;) I just wanna make everyone happy, hehe :) it will take me 2 min to do another image, so its all good buddy :) I also really like it that way, i am using the theme myself, and here is how it looks with 24 hour clock :)

It's best on Windows 7, I used it myself during the process of importing. There are some things that hold Windows 10 back from being great to theme.

Nimbi
July 1st, 2017, 04:57 PM

Yeah, I really like the frame too, but I just can't read military time, sadly.... You don't have to remove it just on my behalf, though. I can always use rainmeter clocks to make up for my inability to read military time, lol. It'd be a shame to lose that frame just because of that. But if the new one has a similar style and fits then that would work, too.

and whatdoyaknow... the start button is on the same level as the taskbar buttons in the windows 7 version... no matter, still cool, lol.

Shemhamforash
July 1st, 2017, 05:07 PM
Yeah, I really like the frame too, but I just can't read military time, sadly.... You don't have to remove it just on my behalf, though. I can always use rainmeter clocks to make up for my inability to read military time, lol. It'd be a shame to lose that frame just because of that. But if the new one has a similar style and fits then that would work, too.

and whatdoyaknow... the start button is on the same level as the taskbar buttons in the windows 7 version... no matter, still cool, lol.

If that's all you need, you should be able to use one of the "Change date and time formats" options accessed by right clicking it to something that works (for example not showing am or pm). On the other hand, all of Europe uses the 24 hr clock so really it shouldn't be something that's non readable, you just need practice.

Nimbi
July 1st, 2017, 05:11 PM
If that's all you need, you should be able to use one of the "Change date and time formats" options accessed by right clicking it to something that works (for example not showing am or pm). On the other hand, all of Europe uses the 24 hr clock so really it shouldn't be something that's non readable, you just need practice.

THERE WE GO! Thank you! I honestly never thought of simply deleting the AM/PM text, lol. I feel like such a moron now, lol. Thank you sooo much. That works perfectly. :Peace:

Shemhamforash
July 1st, 2017, 05:14 PM
THERE WE GO! Thank you! I honestly never thought of simply deleting the AM/PM text, lol. I feel like such a moron now, lol. Thank you sooo much. That works perfectly. :Peace:

lol good lmao I'm not sure why it took me such a long time to figure out what you were asking for. Finally the last post you made clicked with me.

Nimbi
July 1st, 2017, 05:16 PM
lol good lmao I'm not sure why it took me such a long time to figure out what you were asking for. Finally the last post you made clicked with me.

lol, no worries. I'm just glad someone here figured it out. I honestly gotta remember that text can be deleted as well, lol.

designfjotten
July 1st, 2017, 06:53 PM
It's best on Windows 7, I used it myself during the process of importing. There are some things that hold Windows 10 back from being great to theme.
Okai, cool :D yeah i know, and that is actually one of the main reason i have never started theming on win 10 :)

designfjotten
July 1st, 2017, 06:57 PM
Got the start orb lined up like with the Windows 7 version

https://i.imgur.com/hn6oGbR.png

There it is if you want it :Peace:

Glad to see you made a fix buddy :) BTW, the taskbar is designed to be used with small icons, if you can choose that in win10 bud, then it will look much better :)

Nimbi
July 1st, 2017, 06:59 PM
Glad to see you made a fix buddy :) BTW, the taskbar is designed to be used with small icons, if you can choose that in win10 bud, then it will look much better :)

Ya the clock is fudged up with the taskbar set to small icons in Windows 10 sadly. the text puts itself way too high.

---EDIT---

Just tested T-Clock to see if it will actually make up for the text being too high on the small taskbar clock. ..... in a way, kinda... it does support custom msstyles now, but sadly the image it takes on still doesn't line up properly. The top of it is all wonky and when I remove al tasktray icons to get past that the left 2 pixels stay behind and make that workaround attempt a failure...

All-in-all, T-Clock could possibly use some slight tweaking when it comes to custom .msstyles... Oh well, I'll possibly keep looking around for alternatives that support custom .msstyles in order to get the clock to show up properly on the small taskbar. If I find one that actually fits I'll let you guys know [mind this is just since the text in the clock for the small taskbar is apparently too high up, lol].

Nimbi
July 1st, 2017, 08:13 PM
HERE WE GO!!! Clock now showing up fine n small taskbar mode. Using Atomic Alarm Clock and 7+ Taskbar Tweaker works perfectly :cunning:

Shemhamforash
July 1st, 2017, 08:59 PM
HERE WE GO!!! Clock now showing up fine n small taskbar mode. Using Atomic Alarm Clock and 7+ Taskbar Tweaker works perfectly :cunning:

That works, but it won't use the theme's intended font or coloring, it's entirely different.

Nimbi
July 1st, 2017, 09:04 PM
That works, but it won't use the theme's intended font or coloring, it's entirely different.

True, sadly. But it fits, and imo it still looks pretty good with it. T-Clock could match the font but it wouldn't match the taskbar properly [the bg image it pulled from the theme's custom .msstyles wasn't lining up properly].

Until an actual fix is possible for the small taskbar mode this is the best option I could find =/ .

Shemhamforash
July 1st, 2017, 09:12 PM
True, sadly. But it fits, and imo it still looks pretty good with it. T-Clock could match the font but it wouldn't match the taskbar properly [the bg image it pulled from the theme's custom .msstyles wasn't lining up properly].

Until an actual fix is possible for the small taskbar mode this is the best option I could find =/ .

I don't think it can be fixed bud, if you want a custom clock size and color it can only be changed from one place in Windows 10. Geez, you sure are ocd about this kind of stuff, eh? lol

Nimbi
July 1st, 2017, 09:17 PM
I don't think it can be fixed bud, if you want a custom clock size and color it can only be changed from one place in Windows 10. Geez, you sure are ocd about this kind of stuff, eh? lol

haha ya sadly... i'm known for being a perfectionist, lol. And tbh I actually do have OCD, lol. Ive seen some people fix it before, though. But on different windows 10 builds. might've been changed in this one... I just don't know how they did it. All I know is that it was something to do with using a different size and amount of reserved space for the small taskbar than with the big. But again, I don't know how they did that since it was in previous builds of Windows 10 and didn't have all the features in SiB that we have with this latest version, so even if the text positioning could have been redone it likely won't be much of a difference, lol.

Shemhamforash
July 1st, 2017, 10:46 PM
. Ive seen some people fix it before, though. But on different windows 10 builds. might've been changed in this one... I just don't know how they did it. All I know is that it was something to do with using a different size and amount of reserved space for the small taskbar than with the big. But again, I don't know how they did that since it was in previous builds of Windows 10 and didn't have all the features in SiB that we have with this latest version, so even if the text positioning could have been redone it likely won't be much of a difference, lol.

OK, and what theme might that have been. Quite possible it didn't use a fancy font like ds-digital, where it is easier to do something like that.

Nimbi
July 1st, 2017, 11:09 PM
OK, and what theme might that have been. Quite possible it didn't use a fancy font like ds-digital, where it is easier to do something like that.

Exactly, lol. that's why I said it probably wouldn't work as well with this one, lol. However the small taskbar doesn't even show that font anyways so it might have at least enough effect on lowering the text in place... I dunno, personally I'm liking how Atomic Alarm Clock is making it look so I'm fine with it how it is, lol.

And tbh, there were quite a few that used that fix to align the text properly in the small taskbar clock. Wasn't an actual 'fix' but more of a workaround I think...

Nimbi
July 5th, 2017, 08:25 AM
This skin in atomic alarm clock has the same color as the theme, lol. and when set to transparent background it lines up perfectly without using 7+ Taskbar Tweaker.

Still not the same font but Atomic Alarm Clock is able to be re skinned. I just don't know what format it uses for the skins.

Shemhamforash
July 5th, 2017, 11:35 AM
This skin in atomic alarm clock has the same color as the theme, lol. and when set to transparent background it lines up perfectly without using 7+ Taskbar Tweaker.

Still not the same font but Atomic Alarm Clock is able to be re skinned. I just don't know what format it uses for the skins.

If I'm being picky, lol that font uses a gradient color, it's not the same lol

What is it you are trying to achieve now? I thought we had fixed the problem of military time, or is it something else?

Nimbi
July 5th, 2017, 12:17 PM
If I'm being picky, lol that font uses a gradient color, it's not the same lol

What is it you are trying to achieve now? I thought we had fixed the problem of military time, or is it something else?

I'm just trying to find an alternative way of making the small taskbar clock text line up since it cant e done normally. Basically my point with that screenshot was that Atomic Alarm Clock skinnimg feature can work if someone can make a matching skin with that program. That's if anyone even wants to. It's not too big of a deal imo. I did look at a skin folder though. It apparently uses a series of bmp files and a settings.ini file for the clock skins. So maybe easier for someone who can wrap their heads around the ini file lol.

Shemhamforash
July 5th, 2017, 12:20 PM
I'm just trying to find an alternative way of making the small taskbar clock text line up since it cant e done normally. Basically my point with that screenshot was that Atomic Alarm Clock skinnimg feature can work if someone can make a matching skin with that program. That's if anyone even wants to. It's not too big of a deal imo. I did look at a skin folder though. It apparently uses a series of bmp files and a settings.ini file for the clock skins. So maybe easier for someone who can wrap their heads around the ini file lol.

I doubt someone will be interested in making a skin for that clock. I can take a look at the theme when I'm able to to see if there's a workaround. Most likely there is a change that can be made in the msstyles, somewhere.

Nimbi
July 5th, 2017, 12:28 PM
I doubt someone will be interested in making a skin for that clock. I can take a look at the theme when I'm able to to see if there's a workaround. Most likely there is a change that can be made in the msstyles, somewhere.

No worries. tbh if i had the images and permissions i could've tried. i looked at the ini file for one of the skins and it looked fairly simple. Might be easier said than done though lol.

I can link the one I looked at here for reference... don't mind the name of the folder though, Atomic Alarm Clock uses the name new for each clock skin folder. it just adds a number to the different folders... the actual skin name is likely gained from the ini lol.

Shemhamforash
July 5th, 2017, 12:31 PM
No worries. tbh if i had the images and permissions i could've tried. i looked at the ini file for one of the skins and it looked fairly simple. Might be easier said than done though lol.

I can link the one I looked at here for reference... don't mind the name of the folder though, Atomic Alarm Clock uses the name new for each clock skin folder. it just adds a number to the different folders... the actual skin name is likely gained from the ini lol.

What's the point in using Atomic Alarm Clock if the msstyles can be fixed??

Nimbi
July 5th, 2017, 01:02 PM
What's the point in using Atomic Alarm Clock if the msstyles can be fixed??

I was just showing you the file. If the msstyles can be fixed than thats actually better in my opinion =p

Shemhamforash
July 5th, 2017, 06:21 PM
Created a separate thread for this issue, 7 extra pages is too much for the theme thread.