PDA

View Full Version : Ghostly-grey for Windows 10 Creators Update

gsw953
August 1st, 2017, 01:49 AM
Here is a grey-scale version of ghostly

also included is a bonus color -yellow

Your system must be patched to use 3rd party themes-I am using Ultra UXtheme Patcher
The newest version of Old New Explorer should also be used
StartIsBack can also be used with this theme if you would like
to have the Windows 7 style Start Menu and Taskbar

THIS THEME IS ONLY FOR USE ON WINDOW 10 VERSION 1703 AND WILL NOT

WORK ON OLD VERSIONS OF WINDOWS.

mike 59
August 1st, 2017, 08:46 PM
thanks gsw953 fantastic work on both variations of colour many many thanks again for your time :Smile::Smile::peace:

devillnside
August 2nd, 2017, 05:22 AM
this is very cool!! thanks gsw!!!

CyberGhost
February 7th, 2018, 07:29 PM
wow looks great does this work on 1709?
also is there any other colours, maybe green
cheers

mike 59
February 7th, 2018, 08:53 PM
thanks for up date gsw953:peace::happy:

gsw953
February 7th, 2018, 09:37 PM
wow looks great does this work on 1709?
also is there any other colours, maybe green
cheers
yes 1703 themes work on 1709
only pink (http://virtualcustoms.net/showthread.php/78321-Ghostly-in-Pink-for-Windows-10-RS-2) and blue (http://virtualcustoms.net/showthread.php/78294-Ghostly-for-Windows-10-Creators-Update) but I could do green in the future if you want :)

Donkuz
February 8th, 2018, 02:04 AM
This is really Cool very simplistic yet Stylish I would love to see some more Colours Red would be cool. Thanks for sharing Mate:Peace:

CyberGhost
February 9th, 2018, 05:00 PM
yes 1703 themes work on 1709
only pink (http://virtualcustoms.net/showthread.php/78321-Ghostly-in-Pink-for-Windows-10-RS-2) and blue (http://virtualcustoms.net/showthread.php/78294-Ghostly-for-Windows-10-Creators-Update) but I could do green in the future if you want :)

if you get time i would love to give the green ago but for now ill try the blue one :cheeky:

gsw953
February 10th, 2018, 02:47 AM
if you get time i would love to give the green ago but for now ill try the blue one :cheeky:

Very Soon :)

CyberGhost
February 10th, 2018, 07:20 PM
that looking great currently using the blue verison not to sure about the start menu (Glass Bit) but getting use to it

gezortenplotz
February 12th, 2018, 03:29 AM
Sorry for asking this but how in the hell do i get black to transparent using aeroglass? I'm on 1709 using the most recent compatible version from glass8.eu. I even donated to get a key. But nothing changes when i use their installer. It's loading some symbols and things but nothing changes...
Can someone please help me?

Shemhamforash
February 14th, 2018, 06:46 AM
Sorry for asking this but how in the hell do i get black to transparent using aeroglass? I'm on 1709 using the most recent compatible version from glass8.eu. I even donated to get a key. But nothing changes when i use their installer. It's loading some symbols and things but nothing changes...
Can someone please help me?

Hi, due to receiving a pm about the same thing I can answer you in the forum. I don't recommend using Aero Glass. In earlier versions of W10 it was more reliable but I have frankly lost interest in using it due to how horrible it for whatever reason may end up looking on later versions.

gezortenplotz
February 14th, 2018, 07:37 AM
Hi, due to receiving a pm about the same thing I can answer you in the forum. I don't recommend using Aero Glass. In earlier versions of W10 it was more reliable but I have frankly lost interest in using it due to how horrible it for whatever reason may end up looking on later versions.

So there's no way to get black (or any other designated color) to transparent? The app you recommend "AltDrag" makes transparent everything ... the window, the icons, everything.

memo
February 14th, 2018, 08:18 AM
I use System Transparency to get transparent look. You can get it from Extras folder in this theme for example: http://virtualcustoms.net/showthread.php/77976-Airlock-For-Windows-10-Creators-Update. The recommendation is to set the value to 240.

gezortenplotz
February 14th, 2018, 08:36 AM
Yes but this tool affects the complete window incl. icons and fonts, too. the same als AltDrag.
I can't believe that there's no tool where you can set just dedicated colors to be as transparent as you wish. :crying:

memo
February 14th, 2018, 08:56 AM
Yes but this tool affects the complete window incl. icons and fonts, too. the same als AltDrag.
I can't believe that there's no tool where you can set just dedicated colors to be as transparent as you wish. :crying:

Since you still have Aeroglass, have you tried Black Glass Enhanced from here https://curiouso9.deviantart.com/art/Black-Glass-Enhanced-v0-5-156752713 ?

In Aeroglass GUI settings, in Theme & Appearance, tick Glass Reflection Image and browse to any transparent image you have in .png format.

Then I play with the glass reflection intensity but in the end Aeroglass is really not for me :/

dhjohns
February 14th, 2018, 03:26 PM
Can someone please help me?I have the same opinion as @shemhamforash but you can try downloading the experimental Aeroglass GUI, and see if it helps. It is at the bottom of this page under OTHERS. http://www.glass8.eu/download

gezortenplotz
February 14th, 2018, 03:56 PM
@memo
BGE does the trick. when setting blur to zero in AeroGlass, you get a completely clean background with BGE.
THX

poweredbyostx
March 19th, 2018, 03:56 PM
Thanks Greg, nice theme

rikynthemix
May 20th, 2018, 08:08 AM
hello good I loved that theme in windows 10 here I leave the link as I am, I'm missing a couple of things like the apoco icons I'm leaving as I like, greetings :SonreÃ*r:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fJ6QjeZMNVc&t=5s&ab_channel=RIKYDJNTHEMIX

hola bueno me encantó ese tema en windows 10 aquÃ* dejo el enlace como soy, me faltan un par de cosas como los Ã*conos de apoco me voy como me gusta, saludos

Damage1972
November 19th, 2018, 11:08 AM
Would you please update it to RS5 ?
This is my favourite theme ever !
Thank you.

gsw953
November 20th, 2018, 12:38 AM
Would you please update it to RS5 ?
This is my favourite theme ever !
Thank you.
It should be working fine on rs5,I don't think anything needs to be updated for what I can see using it.

Damage1972
November 20th, 2018, 01:19 AM
Something is wrong for me: when i apply a custom theme, after some time i can't change to another,
it looks like the first one hijacks the visual style so that only the colors of the second one seems to change ;
also, it takes a very long time in the process, to fail (as said above) in the end, but when i reapply the first one,
it changes smoothly and everything is normally patched (changed)... Any clues on that ?
I must confess i'm a complete moron, but i've always been able to use custom themes...
I know you don't remember me, but you already helped me in the past at Deviantart, regarding this same theme (from 1709 to 1803 or was it from 1703 to 1709 ?) ...
You told me the same then, once the system would be patched correctly, it should work with no need to update the theme... And it did, then !
So i assumed the same this time, but like i said before,it's not working properly now.
Thank you for your reply, i've always been a enourmous fan of your work and this theme (Ghostly) is the very best of all ! I'm in love with it since the first time i saw it !

Thank you, man !!!

dhjohns
November 20th, 2018, 01:23 AM
Something is wrong for me: when i apply a custom theme!How are you applying it? Step by step.

Damage1972
November 20th, 2018, 01:43 AM
How are you applying it? Step by step.
use the patched dlls provided by moonnique and vili vidi vinci;
then i copy your theme files to c:windows/resources/themes;
after that i open settings - customize - themes and apply Ghostly.
I think that's the whole process...
I

dhjohns
November 20th, 2018, 01:57 AM
Run this in command prompt as admin to get a Theme Settings selection on desktop right-click menu. Add your own icon where I have indicated. You don't really need an icon, but I like to have one. :happy:

Reg.exe add "HKCR\DesktopBackground\Shell\Personalization" /v "Icon" /t REG_SZ /d "PATH TO YOUR ICON" /f
Reg.exe add "HKCR\DesktopBackground\Shell\Personalization" /v "MUIVerb" /t REG_SZ /d "Theme Settings" /f
Reg.exe add "HKCR\DesktopBackground\Shell\Personalization" /v "Position" /t REG_SZ /d "Bottom" /f
Reg.exe add "HKCR\DesktopBackground\Shell\Personalization\command" /ve /t REG_SZ /d "explorer shell:::{ED834ED6-4B5A-4bfe-8F11-A626DCB6A921}" /f

Damage1972
November 20th, 2018, 02:09 AM
Run this in command prompt as admin to get a Theme Settings selection on desktop right-click menu. Add your own icon where I have indicated. You don't really need an icon, but I like to have one. :happy:

Reg.exe add "HKCR\DesktopBackground\Shell\Personalization" /v "Icon" /t REG_SZ /d "PATH TO YOUR ICON" /f
Reg.exe add "HKCR\DesktopBackground\Shell\Personalization" /v "MUIVerb" /t REG_SZ /d "Theme Settings" /f
Reg.exe add "HKCR\DesktopBackground\Shell\Personalization" /v "Position" /t REG_SZ /d "Bottom" /f
Reg.exe add "HKCR\DesktopBackground\Shell\Personalization\command" /ve /t REG_SZ /d "explorer shell:::{ED834ED6-4B5A-4bfe-8F11-A626DCB6A921}" /f

have a .reg file already in a folder from a theme collection i downloaded from here, i think it does the same job...

But like i said, i'm a moron, so could you tell me what difference this would make ?

Sorry for my english, besides being stupid , i'm brazilian...

And thanks again, so much !!!
I

dhjohns
November 20th, 2018, 02:32 AM
It probably does the same job. The one in your folder may have other, additional features.

Damage1972
November 20th, 2018, 02:48 AM
It probably does the same job. The one in your folder may have other, additional features.

Yes, it has, very cool ones ! But merging it didn't solve my problem...

Anyway, thank you so much for your time !

you are THE MAN !!!

vik
May 11th, 2019, 12:15 PM
Thank u for this theme, dude!
I have a qustion... how to make the inner side of the window black, line on the theme ?!? :(