PDA

View Full Version : Porting straight from 7 to Creators Update?

Dark Knight
August 16th, 2017, 03:23 PM
Does anyone know of a way to port themes straight from Windows 7 to Windows 10 Creators Update?

I have been trying to port Razorsedge theme John Wick from 7 to TH2 then from TH2 to Creators update and it is just not working, every time I try I get "there is an error in the .msstyle file" in WSB when trying to test.

If someone knows the easiest way to get themes from 7 to the CU and could post instructions I would be more than happy to port it.

Mr GRiM
August 16th, 2017, 08:37 PM
Sorry mate the only way I know of is to port it to TH2 and then to creators update.

devillnside
August 18th, 2017, 04:39 PM
Does anyone know of a way to port themes straight from Windows 7 to Windows 10 Creators Update?

I have been trying to port Razorsedge theme John Wick from 7 to TH2 then from TH2 to Creators update and it is just not working, every time I try I get "there is an error in the .msstyle file" in WSB when trying to test.

If someone knows the easiest way to get themes from 7 to the CU and could post instructions I would be more than happy to port it.

okay so i have imported john wick successfully to windows 10 creator's update
& if im guessing right .. the error was most likely due to the Mincolordepth being set to 6 ... works for win7 but not at all for win10... i had one of my own themes throw me errors when i tried to tinker with this value a while back... so ill be continuing to work on this but in case you want to go at it yourself mate .. im uploading the imported theme for you..import fix stylehack is applied..& aside from that pretty much untouched .. i just fixed up the task item button metrics & fixed the colour for the navigation pane & reading pane.. also the shellstyle is the default navigation with standard text..

Nimbi
August 20th, 2017, 07:30 AM
& if im guessing right .. the error was most likely due to the Mincolordepth being set to 6 ... works for win7 but not at all for win10... i had one of my own themes throw me errors when i tried to tinker with this value a while back... so ill be continuing to work on this but in case you want to go at it yourself mate .. im uploading the imported theme for you..import fix stylehack is applied..& aside from that pretty much untouched .. i just fixed up the task item button metrics & fixed the colour for the navigation pane & reading pane.. also the shellstyle is the default navigation with standard text..

Awesome! Just gotta wait for someone to compile the rest of that in, lol. I wouldn't know enough to compile the entire .theme file from scratch lol. Especially without all the other stuff it uses, lol. But definitely glad you got the shell and .msstyles figured out :Peace:

devillnside
August 20th, 2017, 02:17 PM
Awesome! Just gotta wait for someone to compile the rest of that in, lol. I wouldn't know enough to compile the entire .theme file from scratch lol. Especially without all the other stuff it uses, lol. But definitely glad you got the shell and .msstyles figured out :Peace:

don't worry ill get it done mate .. just been caught up with work related stuff for the last two days

UPDATE: Dark Knight (http://virtualcustoms.net/member.php/199178-Dark-Knight) is already on it...he's porting it to Win 10

Dark Knight
August 20th, 2017, 02:44 PM

Geeze! I would have never found the problem in a million years! Much thanks! as soon as I get my aeroglass issues fixed I can go to work on this! daman

devillnside
August 20th, 2017, 03:03 PM
Geeze! I would have never found the problem in a million years! Much thanks! as soon as I get my aeroglass issues fixed I can go to work on this! daman

you're welcome mate.... looking forward to the theme

Nimbi
August 21st, 2017, 10:00 PM
don't worry ill get it done mate .. just been caught up with work related stuff for the last two days

UPDATE: Dark Knight (http://virtualcustoms.net/member.php/199178-Dark-Knight) is already on it...he's porting it to Win 10

Awesome!! Thanks for the update! :happy: