PDA

View Full Version : Cant achieve to install dark minimal glass from GSW

Mini Franki
September 30th, 2017, 03:33 AM
Hi,

All i get when i install the theme(http://virtualcustoms.net/showthread.php/78288-DMG-SiB-For-Windows-10-Creators-Update), is that 78680

I followed all step from the page. Ultrauxthemepatcher, theme signature bypass, oldnewexplorer and startisback are installed

thx

dhjohns
September 30th, 2017, 02:08 PM
How are you applying your theme? You need Classic Personalization right-click menu.

Mini Franki
September 30th, 2017, 09:39 PM
I put the theme in: C:\Windows\Resources\Themes

And i go in personalization/theme for activate it

A personalization menu, what you mean? I dont see any step about that

Thx!

ミறѳѳղղįզվદ彡
September 30th, 2017, 10:50 PM
Hi,

All i get when i install the theme(http://virtualcustoms.net/showthread.php/78288-DMG-SiB-For-Windows-10-Creators-Update), is that 78680

I followed all step from the page. Ultrauxthemepatcher, theme signature bypass, oldnewexplorer and startisback are installed

thx
hope if this help you :Smile:

Mini Franki
October 1st, 2017, 01:52 AM
Windows still blank, theme is very uncomplete. I dont think this is related to oldnewexplorer. Seriously, i dont know what i can do for get it work

Quasimodo
October 1st, 2017, 02:44 AM
ok with out knowing what theme your installing I am going to wing it and say I have had that same issue before, what i found was when with the annihilator theme i unzipped the theme there was a folder that said Annihilator for Windows 10 Creators Update. inside that there was a folder that said theme, and extra's, when i put the Annihilator for Windows 10 Creators Update folder in the win themes folder i didnt get the full theme to install, i got basically the start is back old style start menu and thats it. i had to go in that Annihilator for Windows 10 Creators Update fplder to the theme folder and inside of that there was a folder that said annihilator. i then put the extra's folder into the annihilator folder and then transfered the annihilator folder into the win themes folder, installed it and presto the full theme installed correctly. on my system it was not wanting to read the theme when it had to sift thru multiple folders to get to the actual folder that held the theme. i am not sure of this will help you because I do not know what theme your using, but if it were me i would make sure i put the extras folder in to the actual folder that houses all the theme components and then transfer that folder into the win/resourses/themes folder. if that is how you already have it then this wont help you but i figured it was worth mentioning

Quasi

Mini Franki
October 1st, 2017, 03:04 AM
Whatever theme i use, no one want to work completly. Windows, start menu, config, etc. Nothing work. All is patched correctly and i use only 1703 themes

Watch my 1st post, youll see what theme im trying to use

Quasimodo
October 1st, 2017, 05:49 AM
ok i went and looked at the theme you are trying to install , i am not sure if this will help or not and you may already be doing what i am going to suggest, but what i see with that theme is the same way i made the mistake and had trouble making the annihilator theme work at first.

when you unzip the theme you get 2 folders one says theme and the other says sib start orb, what i suggest is you move the start orb folder into the theme folder, then open the theme folder and you will see the start orb folder and the DMG-SIB folder plus a DMG-SIB windows theme file. move everything into the DMD-SIB folder and then put that folder into your C/windows/resources/themes folder. then install the theme. if that is how you have already tried installing the theme then i am of no help to you, but if you have not tried it that way it s worth trying and seeing if it works. this is how i ran into problems and hopefully this will help you get the theme installed

Mini Franki
October 1st, 2017, 02:22 PM
No need to put SIB START ORB if i want to stay with the original windows 10 start menu icon

And you need to put the folder and the theme file separatly in C/windows/resources/themes folder. If you put the theme file in the folder, youll not see it in theme of windows

Mini Franki
October 1st, 2017, 02:31 PM
Firefox is themed, some black background but not completed, no transparency, start menu still not themed, windows still blank, no blue color at all

ミறѳѳղղįզվદ彡
October 1st, 2017, 02:52 PM
Firefox is themed, some black background but not completed, no transparency, start menu still not themed, windows still blank, no blue color at all

please check again if is your system patched,because testing this on my pc and the same problem withouth ultrauxtheme patching
http://i68.tinypic.com/mkhes0.png

Mini Franki
October 1st, 2017, 04:43 PM
I patched it like 5 times and still NOT PATCHED status. That explain why i cant theme

ミறѳѳղղįզվદ彡
October 1st, 2017, 06:27 PM
I patched it like 5 times and still NOT PATCHED status. That explain why i cant theme
yes yes uninstall ultrauxtheme patcher first and then please try this :Smile:

Mini Franki
October 2nd, 2017, 01:22 AM
So, i uninstalled uxtheme, rebooted and installed this one, now i have another problem. When i try to go in theme, the windows freeze and close. Samething when i try by the classic personalization menu

Mini Franki
October 2nd, 2017, 09:00 PM
Got it!

That can be pretty useful to specify to change permission of the 3 files before trying to patch it