PDA

View Full Version : Blue Borders on Resuming from PC Sleep

Shemhamforash
November 17th, 2017, 05:11 PM
Any way to stop these blue borders from resuming after putting the computer to sleep? Reapplying the theme gets rid of them. Happens with or without aero glass.

Edit: Themes look normal except for when they're resuming from suspend. My guess is that it's a setting in the registry. I applied one of grim's reg tweaks "Remove default colors.reg" because on resume the colors of the body of windows turns to white (for example task manager) and that fixes it, maybe it's something similar?

Thanks

Blue:

Normal:

poweredbyostx
November 17th, 2017, 08:08 PM
-Have you gone through Settings > Personalization > Colors and checked if the Automatically pick an accent color from my background option is turned off.

-Try creating another power plan on your computer and check if the issue persists.

-I would recommend you to install the latest version of display driver, first time I see that someone had a issue with that, so it's better to take attention on everything.

Shemhamforash
November 17th, 2017, 08:15 PM
-Have you gone through Settings > Personalization > Colors and checked if the Automatically pick an accent color from my background option is turned off.

-Try creating another power plan on your computer and check if the issue persists.

-I would recommend you to install the latest version of display driver, first time I see that someone had a issue with that, so it's better to take attention on everything.

-That setting is not enabled with the background color.

-The power plan is not the problem, I manually turn the pc to sleep.

-The graphics driver is installed through Windows Update, it's a gtx660ti which is an older card and the drivers aren't up to date on the nvidia site.

poweredbyostx
November 17th, 2017, 08:27 PM
-That setting is not enabled with the background color.

-The power plan is not the problem, I manually turn the pc to sleep.

-The graphics driver is installed through Windows Update, it's a gtx660ti which is an older card and the drivers aren't up to date on the nvidia site.

well you can try this also:
Control Panel --> Ease of access --> Ease of access center --> Make the computer easy to see --> at the end of the page "Make things on the screen easier to see" and unmark the "Remove background images (where available)".

-Check if this helpsgo to settings/accounts/sync your settings
Turn off sync theme

Shemhamforash
November 17th, 2017, 08:37 PM
well you can try this also:
Control Panel --> Ease of access --> Ease of access center --> Make the computer easy to see --> at the end of the page "Make things on the screen easier to see" and unmark the "Remove background images (where available)".

-Check if this helpsgo to settings/accounts/sync your settings
Turn off sync theme

-The setting in ease of access center is already disabled

-I'm using a local account so the sync theme option is not available

poweredbyostx
November 17th, 2017, 08:46 PM
-The setting in ease of access center is already disabled

-I'm using a local account so the sync theme option is not available

well it's confusing me now hehe, at least you can try this

Make sure that "use my settings for this device" is checked in the color management menu or that the custom profile you want to use is set as the system default for your monitor (this is not the same as setting it to be the default profile associated with your monitor).

To set system defaults, you need to go to the Advanced tab, click Change System Defaults, and in the new window that pops up (which looks identical to the normal Color Management window except its title should be 'Color Management - System Defaults' instead of just 'Color Management'), select your monitor from the device list, add your custom profile, then select it and click Set as Default Profile.

hope this helps you if not then don't know what should be problem

Shemhamforash
November 17th, 2017, 08:57 PM
well it's confusing me now hehe, at least you can try this

Make sure that "use my settings for this device" is checked in the color management menu or that the custom profile you want to use is set as the system default for your monitor (this is not the same as setting it to be the default profile associated with your monitor).

To set system defaults, you need to go to the Advanced tab, click Change System Defaults, and in the new window that pops up (which looks identical to the normal Color Management window except its title should be 'Color Management - System Defaults' instead of just 'Color Management'), select your monitor from the device list, add your custom profile, then select it and click Set as Default Profile.

hope this helps you if not then don't know what should be problem

I followed your instructions but in 'Color Management - System Defaults' I don't know what to change.

Themes look normal except for when they're resuming from suspend. My guess is that it's a setting in the registry. I applied one of grim's reg tweaks "Remove default colors.reg" because on resume the colors of the body of windows turns to white (for example task manager) and that fixes it, it could be a related problem.

poweredbyostx
November 17th, 2017, 09:06 PM
I followed your instructions but in 'Color Management - System Defaults' I don't know what to change.

Themes look normal except for when they're resuming from suspend. My guess is that it's a setting in the registry. I applied one of grim's reg tweaks "Remove default colors.reg" because on resume the colors of the body of windows turns to white (for example task manager) and that fixes it, it could be a related problem.

In system defaults you have a list of device to choose...
well hope it's that I never had problem with that and I was thinking maybe the problem is in Windows/color...

Shemhamforash
November 17th, 2017, 09:41 PM
In system defaults you have a list of device to choose...
well hope it's that I never had problem with that and I was thinking maybe the problem is in Windows/color...

Tried messing with Aero Glass, the colors still are blue but get reset to the correct color by changing the setting Caption glow effect (doesn't stick after going to sleep).

The location of the Registry file I mentioned is HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Themes\DefaultColors I don't see anything to change there.

I tried taking ownership of the default AERO theme and changing the colorization color to the same as my theme, it didn't work.

Mr GRiM
November 17th, 2017, 11:13 PM
did you use my reg file to remove the default colors, this should stop the default color being applied when it goes to sleep.

Shemhamforash
November 18th, 2017, 12:16 AM
did you use my reg file to remove the default colors, this should stop the default color being applied when it goes to sleep.

Yeah, I used this one

Just reapplied it too, the problem keeps happening.