PDA

View Full Version : Task item button

freak69ize
November 19th, 2017, 09:29 PM
Hey guys.. been out of theming for about a year.. havent even opened WSB for a long time. My question.. for now ( lol ) is how do i get task item buttons to show on the taskbar with a win7 ported theme?

Thanks

devillnside
November 19th, 2017, 10:56 PM
Hey guys.. been out of theming for about a year.. havent even opened WSB for a long time. My question.. for now ( lol ) is how do i get task item buttons to show on the taskbar with a win7 ported theme?

Thanks

if you dont mind me asking, are you using start is back?? because if not it wont show..

freak69ize
November 19th, 2017, 11:50 PM
if you dont mind me asking, are you using start is back?? because if not it wont show..

Yes im using SIB

devillnside
November 20th, 2017, 12:03 AM
Yes im using SIB

odd!!! should be working... if that is the samll taskbar then there is a content margins setting under Taskbar & System Tray > TaskBand > Basic > TaskBand (SmallIcons) > TaskItemButton
which has an effect on the way the task item button appears..maybe see if those margins are the key

freak69ize
November 20th, 2017, 12:21 AM
odd!!! should be working... if that is the samll taskbar then there is a content margins setting under Taskbar & System Tray > TaskBand > Basic > TaskBand (SmallIcons) > TaskItemButton
which has an effect on the way the task item button appears..maybe see if those margins are the key

No not small taskbar... actually it doesnt work on either. I know the Cryptic and Nuclear themes were ported to Win10 because i did 3 of them myself. I cant find them anywhere on VC anymore though. Mind taking a look at the .msstlye for me?

devillnside
November 20th, 2017, 12:25 AM
No not small taskbar... actually it doesnt work on either. I know the Cryptic and Nuclear themes were ported to Win10 because i did 3 of them myself. I cant find them anywhere on VC anymore though. Mind taking a look at the .msstlye for me?

sure thing

devillnside
November 20th, 2017, 12:41 AM

its working fine on my end

devillnside
November 20th, 2017, 01:26 AM
as you can see from the screenshots its working on my machine just fine. Maybe check the SiB settings

freak69ize
November 20th, 2017, 09:42 AM
its working fine on my end

I tried all settings related to taskbar and nothing. I did realize that SIB isnt showing the cryptic start menu though

freak69ize
November 20th, 2017, 01:49 PM
Also.. can you tell me where i change font and color for the clock in RS2 and later builds? I know it changed to somewhere else in Taskbar but cant remember

Edit: Nevermind about the clock.. just found it :)

devillnside
November 20th, 2017, 02:23 PM
I tried all settings related to taskbar and nothing. I did realize that SIB isnt showing the cryptic start menu though

its a rather absurd question but you did apply grim's import fix stylescript? seeing as in the start menu is not showing

PS i just checked & there are no images or properties under the start menu trees in the aero section

.. actually neither does the basic trees

freak69ize
November 20th, 2017, 02:34 PM
its a rather absurd question but you did apply grim's import fix stylescript? seeing as in the start menu is not showing

PS i just checked & there are no images or properties under the start menu trees in the aero section

.. actually neither does the basic trees

Which fix is it? 10 Import fix or 10 import fix2? First one right? Why does it show on your though? hmm

devillnside
November 20th, 2017, 02:45 PM
Which fix is it? 10 Import fix or 10 import fix2? First one right? Why does it show on your though? hmm

my bad!!! sorry. i wrote stylescript when what i meant was stylehack. & its this one

but that stilll does not explain why i have the task item button & you dont!!

freak69ize
November 20th, 2017, 02:55 PM
my bad!!! sorry. i wrote stylescript when what i meant was stylehack. & its this one

but that stilll does not explain why i have the task item button & you dont!!

Yeah i used that porting from TH2 but dont remember if i did it fro w7 to TH2. Im gonna start over bud and thanks for your help :)

freak69ize
November 20th, 2017, 03:25 PM
Tried it again... made sure i did everything correct still comes out the same. lol. I even tried porting from 8.1 theme but got error everytime

devillnside
November 20th, 2017, 07:35 PM
Tried it again... made sure i did everything correct still comes out the same. lol. I even tried porting from 8.1 theme but got error everytime

Weird.. that that happens.. if you want i could look into the unported win 7 theme & try and make the initial port & then you could finish up the rest of the port

freak69ize
November 20th, 2017, 10:35 PM
Weird.. that that happens.. if you want i could look into the unported win 7 theme & try and make the initial port & then you could finish up the rest of the port

Sure that would be awesome bro! Thanks

Just an idea.. but maybe its because im on latest skip ahead insider build

devillnside
November 20th, 2017, 11:47 PM
Sure that would be awesome bro! Thanks

Just an idea.. but maybe its because im on latest skip ahead insider build

ohh youre on an insider build!!! that very well could be the reason for all the issues

devillnside
November 20th, 2017, 11:55 PM
i would also need the windows 7 version of the theme msstyles file

freak69ize
November 21st, 2017, 12:28 AM
i would also need the windows 7 version of the theme msstyles file

Well as you can see.. task item shows up on all themes ive downloaded from here.... so maybe needs to be on first edition of CU

Ok bud here id the Cryptic.msstyle

devillnside
November 21st, 2017, 07:24 PM
Well as you can see.. task item shows up on all themes ive downloaded from here.... so maybe needs to be on first edition of CU

Ok bud here id the Cryptic.msstyle

hey mate here is the ported theme .. i fixed up the start menu parts & the taskbar & taskband parts mostly.. the rest is untouched

freak69ize
November 21st, 2017, 08:45 PM
hey mate here is the ported theme .. i fixed up the start menu parts & the taskbar & taskband parts mostly.. the rest is untouched

Awesome bro.. thanks! :) Works now. Im betting its because im on insider build.. idk.. i may try another theme just to see.. thanks again :)

devillnside
November 21st, 2017, 10:02 PM
Awesome bro.. thanks! :) Works now. Im betting its because im on insider build.. idk.. i may try another theme just to see.. thanks again :)

cool mate!! glad i could help

freak69ize
November 21st, 2017, 11:31 PM
cool mate!! glad i could help

Just tried in a Virtual Machine with 1703 and i get the same thing. Cant figure out what im doing wrong.

devillnside
November 22nd, 2017, 06:30 PM
Just tried in a Virtual Machine with 1703 and i get the same thing. Cant figure out what im doing wrong.

that is an odd problem.. even with 1703 in the VM ... that should have worked.. when you import a windows 7 theme to windows 10 you first import it to the Threshold 2 version then from the import it again to RS1/RS2/RS3, whichever, right?

freak69ize
November 22nd, 2017, 06:58 PM
that is an odd problem.. even with 1703 in the VM ... that should have worked.. when you import a windows 7 theme to windows 10 you first import it to the Threshold 2 version then from the import it again to RS1/RS2/RS3, whichever, right?

Yep. Im installing 1703 on my other pc and gonna see if it will work on it.

Just to be clear on the procedure..
1. Using 7 to Th2.. import 7 theme
2. Apply Import fix
3. Save theme
4. Open theme and save again

Then do same thing with TH2 to RS1+ right?

Edit: I think i figured it out. We used to have to hold shift down to get to the win10 import fix. I was doing that and it wasnt importing images right. I just port Cryptic red from Lamia's Win8.1 themes and everything worked out right

devillnside
November 22nd, 2017, 07:55 PM
Yep. Im installing 1703 on my other pc and gonna see if it will work on it.

Just to be clear on the procedure..
1. Using 7 to Th2.. import 7 theme
2. Apply Import fix
3. Save theme
4. Open theme and save again

Then do same thing with TH2 to RS1+ right?

no mate.. try this:

1.Using 7 to TH2 import 7 theme.
2.Save theme & close.
3.Reopen theme & save again & close again.
3.Using 10 to 10 RS1+ import the th2 theme.
4.Apply import fix & save theme, then close theme.
5.Reopen theme & save again & close theme.

Now open the theme & try applying it & it should take.

Dark Knight
November 22nd, 2017, 08:19 PM
I don't mean to interject here, but shouldn't you be replacing the shellstyle.dll's with the appropriate ones during the import process?

freak69ize
November 22nd, 2017, 09:10 PM
I don't mean to interject here, but shouldn't you be replacing the shellstyle.dll's with the appropriate ones during the import process?

Never have before... is that how you d o it?

Dark Knight
November 22nd, 2017, 09:16 PM
Never have before... is that how you d o it?

Don't know if it matters much or if it has an effect on the outcome but it's how I have always done it.

devillnside
November 23rd, 2017, 08:53 AM
Don't know if it matters much or if it has an effect on the outcome but it's how I have always done it.

(http://virtualcustoms.net/member.php/199178-Dark-Knight)Dark Knight is right..that totally slipped my mind.. for creator's update you need this shellstyle:

freak69ize
November 23rd, 2017, 10:07 AM
(http://virtualcustoms.net/member.php/199178-Dark-Knight)Dark Knight is right..that totally slipped my mind.. for creator's update you need this shellstyle:

and where should i put this?

Things sure have changed since anniversary update. lol

devillnside
November 23rd, 2017, 10:18 AM
and where should i put this?

Things sure have changed since anniversary update. lol

LOL!! right, that's MS for you... always keeps you guessing... anyway.. put it inside the theme folder where the msstyles file is & replace any shellstyle of rarther Shell folder that is there already.