PDA

View Full Version : LOL W10 THEME (FALL CREATORS UPDATE 1709)

Erin
December 2nd, 2017, 11:13 PM
L.O.L. (League of Legends)

windows 10 theme for Creators update and Fall Creators update

CREDIT

YORGASH (https://yorgash.deviantart.com/)

Here we go NIMBI (http://virtualcustoms.net/member.php/280551-Nimbi) :Smile:

DOWNLOAD

freak69ize
December 3rd, 2017, 01:22 AM
good job erin :)

Levi Vladimir
December 3rd, 2017, 03:06 AM

poweredbyostx
December 3rd, 2017, 02:43 PM
Great work Erin..thank you for this porting. :)

devillnside
December 3rd, 2017, 08:29 PM
nicely done!!

Erin
December 3rd, 2017, 10:08 PM
nicely done!!

Thanks so much :happy:!!!!!

Erin
December 3rd, 2017, 10:10 PM
Great work Erin..thank you for this porting. :)

You'reWellcome:-D!!!

Erin
December 3rd, 2017, 10:12 PM

:DThank you!!!!!

Erin
December 3rd, 2017, 10:25 PM
good job erin :)

Thanks a lot!!!! It was my first port for W10 1709 ... It made me sweat, but I had a lot of fun :happy:

I could not have done it without the custom maps, stylehacks and instructions that Mr. Grim (http://virtualcustoms.net/member.php/1-Mr-GRiM) posted here, at VC.

Nimbi
December 3rd, 2017, 10:54 PM
L.O.L. (League of Legends)

windows 10 theme for Creators update and Fall Creators update

CREDIT

YORGASH (https://yorgash.deviantart.com/)

Here we go NIMBI (http://virtualcustoms.net/member.php/280551-Nimbi) :Smile:

DOWNLOAD

AWESOME!!! Thank you soooo much!!! Putting this on my laptop ASAP!!!

Erin
December 3rd, 2017, 11:33 PM
AWESOME!!! Thank you soooo much!!! Putting this on my laptop ASAP!!!

Jjajajajaaaa!!!!!!!:happy: you're wellcome and It was a pleasure!! Enjoy your laptop !!!! :Peace:

Nimbi
December 4th, 2017, 12:19 AM
Got it applied! It turned out AWESOME!! Definitelt a few slight bugs but still friggin AWESOME! The main suggestion I have is a workaround to fix the transparent box on the far right of the system clock. basically 'maybe' set the hover image as the default image as well? it would not only fix that but would look cool as well =D

The only other bugs I noticed are the black on black text in the start menu all programs area,a wierd visual bug in the hidden notifications tray causing some icons to be completely invisible, and the hover effect on context menus kinda sticking.

But I'm loving it so far! Great job on this! Especially for a first attempt at Windows 10 FCU!! You did amazingly well!

I did change the 'Display Name' to League of Legends but that's actually not too important, I'm just a stickler in that area, lmao..

---EDIT---

Just checked Task Scheduler, it also has a text issue, lol. Here's a screenshot of the task scheduler issue and the start menu all programs area issue

You can also see what I mean about the transparent box on the far right of the system clock as well, lol.

I'll get a new screenshot showing why I think the hover image being the default would look cool as a workaround.

---EDIT---

Here's that screenshot, lol

I think that hover image would make for the perfect default image for the system clock, lol.

---EDIT---

Here's a screenshot showing the hidden notification tray bug.

It's basically the far right column of icons that is invisible for some reason, lol. I'm on my desktop in this screenshot to make up for lack of space in the taskbar on my laptop's tiny screen resolution, lol.

---EDIT---

I just noticed the hidden tray icon bug is also on the visible tray icon section... my last icon on the right is completely invisible....

Nimbi
December 4th, 2017, 09:14 AM
Got it applied! It turned out AWESOME!! Definitelt a few slight bugs but still friggin AWESOME! The main suggestion I have is a workaround to fix the transparent box on the far right of the system clock. basically 'maybe' set the hover image as the default image as well? it would not only fix that but would look cool as well =D

The only other bugs I noticed are the black on black text in the start menu all programs area,a wierd visual bug in the hidden notifications tray causing some icons to be completely invisible, and the hover effect on context menus kinda sticking.

But I'm loving it so far! Great job on this! Especially for a first attempt at Windows 10 FCU!! You did amazingly well!

I did change the 'Display Name' to League of Legends but that's actually not too important, I'm just a stickler in that area, lmao..

---EDIT---

Just checked Task Scheduler, it also has a text issue, lol. Here's a screenshot of the task scheduler issue and the start menu all programs area issue

You can also see what I mean about the transparent box on the far right of the system clock as well, lol.

I'll get a new screenshot showing why I think the hover image being the default would look cool as a workaround.

---EDIT---

Here's that screenshot, lol

I think that hover image would make for the perfect default image for the system clock, lol.

---EDIT---

Here's a screenshot showing the hidden notification tray bug.

It's basically the far right column of icons that is invisible for some reason, lol. I'm on my desktop in this screenshot to make up for lack of space in the taskbar on my laptop's tiny screen resolution, lol.

---EDIT---

I just noticed the hidden tray icon bug is also on the visible tray icon section... my last icon on the right is completely invisible....

All I have left to request is if anyone knows how to fix the issues above and ofc is up to the task, then perhaps 'maybe' take a whack at it? This theme is simply too cool. I'd LOVE to see it with those issues fully fixed :Peace:

Erin
December 4th, 2017, 11:35 AM
Text-color problem is easy to resolve (and I did it early this morning). About the clock (hover) ... is opaque in the original visual style, but if you like, it can be the hover image.

About the taskbar, mine looks fine, so I have to take a look when I have a free time (right now I'm at job, sorry ... till this late afternoon I have no time to work in the msstyles, but I`ll do :Smile:)

Nimbi
December 4th, 2017, 01:04 PM
Text-color problem is easy to resolve (and I did it early this morning). About the clock (hover) ... is opaque in the original visual style, but if you like, it can be the hover image.

About the taskbar, mine looks fine, so I have to take a look when I have a free time (right now I'm at job, sorry ... till this late afternoon I have no time to work in the msstyles, but I`ll do :Smile:)

Awesome! tbh the nly reason i suggested the clock thing was because there is a transparent box on the right that kinda doesn't really fit the style very well. And the hover image option seems to be the easiest fix I can think of, lol. That and it looks kinda cool. But if it can be fixed easily otherwise than I'd say so be it, lol. I am a bit confused at why the clock's text is three columns instead of two [or even one] but I'm guessing that's likely due to the size of the taskbar. I think Windows 10 has different taskbar scaling than Windows 7 so it's possible there might be adjustments needed in order to make up for that [I'm just guessing on that, lol].

But yeah, thanks for the reply. I'll keep my eyes peeled :Peace:

Erin
December 4th, 2017, 07:50 PM
Awesome! tbh the nly reason i suggested the clock thing was because there is a transparent box on the right that kinda doesn't really fit the style very well. And the hover image option seems to be the easiest fix I can think of, lol. That and it looks kinda cool. But if it can be fixed easily otherwise than I'd say so be it, lol. I am a bit confused at why the clock's text is three columns instead of two [or even one] but I'm guessing that's likely due to the size of the taskbar. I think Windows 10 has different taskbar scaling than Windows 7 so it's possible there might be adjustments needed in order to make up for that [I'm just guessing on that, lol].

But yeah, thanks for the reply. I'll keep my eyes peeled :Peace:

OK: Good and bad news:

I've fixed the font color problem on All Programs-Start Menu. I've fixed colors on Systemtry, enlarge the taskbar ... and anything else:

I became crazy trying to change the clock font size and else ... and nothing changes, so I surrender with the clock :crying:

(Tonight I have no time for other changes you ask me, sorry ... I'll keep trying)

Mr GRiM
December 4th, 2017, 10:25 PM
OK: Good and bad news:

I've fixed the font color problem on All Programs-Start Menu. I've fixed colors on Systemtry, enlarge the taskbar ... and anything else:

I became crazy trying to change the clock font size and else ... and nothing changes, so I surrender with the clock :crying:

(Tonight I have no time for other changes you ask me, sorry ... I'll keep trying)

Try changing the clock text in Taskbar & System Tray > TaskBand > Aero > TaskBand it has moved from the original location in Taskbar & System Tray > System Tray > Basic > Clock, I have asked if Tihiy could fix that for us but so far he has been unwilling to try.

Nimbi
December 4th, 2017, 11:34 PM
well you definitely fixed the start menu... but what happened here??

Mr GRiM
December 4th, 2017, 11:51 PM

Looks like your missing the shellstyle.dll

Erin
December 5th, 2017, 12:12 AM
Try changing the clock text in Taskbar & System Tray > TaskBand > Aero > TaskBand it has moved from the original location in Taskbar & System Tray > System Tray > Basic > Clock, I have asked if Tihiy could fix that for us but so far he has been unwilling to try.

It worked!!!!!!!

I'd never have imagined that I could change here the font size. You are definitely a genius :superman:

Erin
December 5th, 2017, 12:15 AM

UPS...No idea...lok at my last capture: it ooks fine:amazed:

Nimbi
December 5th, 2017, 01:26 AM
Ok so fixed the explorer... not sure if the token light 7tsp icons did it or if it was a bad download... im guessing bad download tbh. The task tray icon bug has returned in this update... I think the transparent section in the clock is likely due to the task tray ng image not extending all the way across. it seems that section is using the accent color and taking on the transparency in the taskbar settings.

Task Scheduler is still getting the text bug every time you swap sections or programs inside of it [possibly an mmc thing].

And the desktop context menu highlight still sticks when you hover over things in it.

Otherwise, it's looking pretty good so far, clock and start menu text are both fixed :peace:

---EDIT---

Ignore the deskop context menu comment... I figured out what the problem was, lmao. I had to disable the immersive context menu to fix that, lmao. I feel like such a moron for not thinking of that sooner, lol.

Only issues left are the transparent box at the far right of the taskbar, the Task Scheduler text bug, and the task tray icon bug having returned lol.

freak69ize
December 5th, 2017, 02:26 AM
All I have left to request is if anyone knows how to fix the issues above and ofc is up to the task, then perhaps 'maybe' take a whack at it? This theme is simply too cool. I'd LOVE to see it with those issues fully fixed :Peace:

Themers release their themes as is. People that port themes to Win10 do their best to get as close to the original theme as they can. Sometime we even put a lil flair into the theme from ourselves into it.. whether you like it or not. You and i had a thing back in the original win10 ports meaning you have an eye for every flaw.. every flaw bro you point out. Understood that everyone wants perfection.... if you want perfection on themes.. go back to win7....................... " lol "

Nimbi
December 5th, 2017, 04:29 AM
Themers release their themes as is. People that port themes to Win10 do their best to get as close to the original theme as they can. Sometime we even put a lil flair into the theme from ourselves into it.. whether you like it or not. You and i had a thing back in the original win10 ports meaning you have an eye for every flaw.. every flaw bro you point out. Understood that everyone wants perfection.... if you want perfection on themes.. go back to win7....................... " lol "

Would if it wasn't on the verge of being completely dead, lol. I'm not too picky tbh.. I'm actually fine with a few edits that don't go with the original, I juts have a bad habbit of being a neat freak and it's hard for me to ignore it, lol.

dhjohns
December 5th, 2017, 05:14 AM
Well, I did notice the context menu bug, and if I were knowledgeable enough I would take a stab at fixing it. I just know enough to get the taskbar right for use with the Windows 10 Start Menu. It isn't quite as fancy, but I like it!

https://s8.postimg.org/rfk1x5q3p/screenshot_22.png

Nimbi
December 5th, 2017, 07:48 AM
Well, I did notice the context menu bug, and if I were knowledgeable enough I would take a stab at fixing it. I just know enough to get the taskbar right for use with the Windows 10 Start Menu. It isn't quite as fancy, but I like it!

https://s8.postimg.org/rfk1x5q3p/screenshot_22.png

Actually the context menu bug was just because I didn't have the immersive context menu disabled. Once I applied the required reg file that bug went away. as for the task tray icon bug i found a workaround. it's annoying but if i make a saved version of the them, swap to windows default, and the swap to the save version, the task tray icon bug disappears. The annoying part is i have to swap over and back every time i log into my system with that workaround, lol .

But at the least it's still tolerable even with that workaround, lol.

scoobysnackz
December 5th, 2017, 08:06 AM
im using right now and i love it....super job here Erin ...many thanks bro ...fooking awesome

Erin
December 5th, 2017, 10:31 PM

When I take a look to w8, I thought "well ... it's pretty similar to W7: it can be custmize as well".
When w10 came, I thought: "visual styles on windows have died". And I was wrong, because visual styles are alive and kicking, thanks to people like you, here in VC.
It may be not the same as W7, but visual styles survive.

(thanks so much Freak69ize (http://virtualcustoms.net/member.php/201075-freak69ize)!!!!)

Anyway, I was worried about my L.O.L port, and I was looking carefully my port from w7 to w8, believing that the problemes reported by Nimbi were here ... and I found the same problem on task sheduler, e.g.

As I say, I made my own port to w8, but this afternoon, I found a port (w7 to w8), made by request of the original theme author. I downloaded it, and tested with WSB. Here is what I got:

Look at the right taskbar, and Task Sheduler.

So ... I no longuer feel guilty about my port to W10 :happy:!!!!

Erin
December 5th, 2017, 10:37 PM
im using right now and i love it....super job here Erin ...many thanks bro ...fooking awesome

Thanks so much, Scooby (http://virtualcustoms.net/member.php/315505-scoobysnackz) !!!! I'm happy you enjoy it :happy:!!!!!!

Nimbi
December 6th, 2017, 02:57 AM
When I take a look to w8, I thought "well ... it's pretty similar to W7: it can be custmize as well".
When w10 came, I thought: "visual styles on windows have died". And I was wrong, because visual styles are alive and kicking, thanks to people like you, here in VC.
It may be not the same as W7, but visual styles survive.

(thanks so much Freak69ize (http://virtualcustoms.net/member.php/201075-freak69ize)!!!!)

Anyway, I was worried about my L.O.L port, and I was looking carefully my port from w7 to w8, believing that the problemes reported by Nimbi were here ... and I found the same problem on task sheduler, e.g.

As I say, I made my own port to w8, but this afternoon, I found a port (w7 to w8), made by request of the original theme author. I downloaded it, and tested with WSB. Here is what I got:

Look at the right taskbar, and Task Sheduler.

So ... I no longuer feel guilty about my port to W10 :happy:!!!!

Ah that explains a lot. It seems it's an issue that's likely impossible to remove... is it possible to use that clock image to make up for it? Complete with those borders too? At least it would look a lot better and would stop triggering my neat freak issue lmao If not i'll have to find a way to get around it but at least that clock image makes the empty space look kinda cool due to the border and size of it in the task tray.

Erin
December 6th, 2017, 11:29 AM
Ah that explains a lot. It seems it's an issue that's likely impossible to remove... is it possible to use that clock image to make up for it? Complete with those borders too? At least it would look a lot better and would stop triggering my neat freak issue lmao If not i'll have to find a way to get around it but at least that clock image makes the empty space look kinda cool due to the border and size of it in the task tray.

Nimbi: As I said, this is a capture from WSB of a port to W8 made by someeone (not me) by request for the W7 author. It explains all, because the bugs are in the original theme and, as well in that port to W8. You can see the right corner, where the taskbar ends with the clock, and leave a blank space in the corner, behind the clock. So, all rhat issues come from the original theme.

I can manage some things in a port, but I can't re-make the msstyles.

Nimbi
December 6th, 2017, 11:32 AM
Nimbi: As I said, this is a capture from WSB of a port to W8 made by someeone (not me) by request for the W7 author. It explains all, because the bugs are in the original theme and, as well in that port to W8. You can see the right corner, where the taskbar ends with the clock, and leave a blank space in the corner, behind the clock. So, all rhat issues come from the original theme.

I can manage some things in a port, but I can't re-make the msstyles.

ah ok then.... well... is it possible to reimplement the hover image as the default? if not oh well but I know the hover image 'was' there before the fixes were implemented.

Erin
December 6th, 2017, 10:04 PM
ah ok then.... well... is it possible to reimplement the hover image as the default? if not oh well but I know the hover image 'was' there before the fixes were implemented.

I'll send you a pm with 4 .zip files:with glow, without glow, big clock and w10 default clock. Choose what you like

jasmorde
July 21st, 2018, 02:14 AM
thank you for sharing, great work

Thuggz Bunny
August 13th, 2018, 09:12 AM

Emersonpms
October 16th, 2019, 03:36 AM
:allgood:

witzki
October 13th, 2020, 01:23 PM
Thank you very much!