PDA

View Full Version : Theme Problems!!!

pidgetpn
December 10th, 2017, 04:10 AM
Ok, so I've gotten the HUD Green Machine theme to work just fine in the past, but after the Windows 10 Creator's Update it hasn't worked right since. I've installed all programs that are needed AND suggested and installed all of those that still work with this version of Windows.

What I get after having Theme Resource Changes, AeroGlass, and Universal Theme Patcher installed is this: https://prnt.sc/hjr4yi

I followed all the steps in the past and it worked just fine, but now the themes don't work at all. To the point that StartIsBack doesn't even recognize that I've installed the theme so I can change the Start menu theme.

I DID just get the Fall Creator's Update, but I was having this problem since the initial Creator's Update. I'm now waiting for an update to AeroGlass and will then update when it's released.

Any help would be appreciated!

Shemhamforash
December 10th, 2017, 04:23 AM
Theme Resource Changer and Universal Theme Patcher on Windows 10? lol man that's not right at all, you need to read some tuts on how to install themes on Windows 10.

Also, Aero Glass has nothing to do with theme patching to be honest.

pidgetpn
December 10th, 2017, 04:27 AM
All I did was follow the suggestions MrGrimm put on the DL page for the Windows 10 creator's update theme, and those are the ones he mentioned to use.

Shemhamforash
December 10th, 2017, 04:32 AM
All I did was follow the suggestions MrGrimm put on the DL page for the Windows 10 creator's update theme, and those are the ones he mentioned to use.

Don't mean to come off as a snob but maybe check out my instructions for installing themes: https://github.com/OliverKurz/windows-10-theme-collection

pidgetpn
December 10th, 2017, 04:40 AM
I just found the thread here in the forums with the same information. I'm just confused because I got this theme to work just fine before the Creator's Update.

And looking at that thread, I've already followed every step including downloading and installing the patchers mentioned. I tried one and, when it didn't work, I tried the other.

Shemhamforash
December 10th, 2017, 04:48 AM
I just found the thread here in the forums with the same information. I'm just confused because I got this theme to work just fine before the Creator's Update.

And looking at that thread, I've already followed every step including downloading and installing the patchers mentioned. I tried one and, when it didn't work, I tried the other.

Well we need more information, sorry but what did you do step by step?? Did you install Theme Bypass Patcher for example or UltraUxThemePatcher, because the first thing is to uninstall those programs you mentioned in your last post.

pidgetpn
December 10th, 2017, 04:53 AM
I followed the steps in the tutorial you linked to. I followed every single step you outlined, made sure my ONE was set the same (which it already was because I've set it before), unistalled the patchers and reinstalled Theme Bypass Patcher. When that didn't work, I uninstalled it and moved onto UltraUxThemePatcher. It now says after install that things are patched. I made sure every reg given was activated, restarted my computer after it all, moved the themes over and applied using the classic menu. I even triple checked and I did everything exactly laid out, just like I did every time before. And it's still not working. So I honestly have no idea how it's not working after following the steps provided, especially since they're pretty much the same steps as before the Creator's update (just without UxStyle since we all know that doesn't work with the new updates).

*headdesks* OH MY GOD. I tried with the topshell theme version instead and suddenly it worked. In the past I just had to use the regular "HUD Machine Green". I even tried the topshell one before and it didn't work, but it worked on this attempt? Ok, whatever, at least it works now!

I knew I was following the steps correctly, so I wonder what caused it. Because I know that you have to do things a certain way to get the themes to work. I'm glad I finally got it to work. Thanks!

I do have another issue I can't figure out involving the theme, though. Every time I restart my computer it changes my cursor and sound pack back to the default stuff but still claims they're using the custom theme. Nowhere I look has an answer that's worked for me.

Shemhamforash
December 10th, 2017, 05:04 AM
I followed the steps in the tutorial you linked to. I followed every single step you outlined, made sure my ONE was set the same (which it already was because I've set it before), unistalled the patchers and reinstalled Theme Bypass Patcher. When that didn't work, I uninstalled it and moved onto UltraUxThemePatcher. It now says after install that things are patched. I made sure every reg given was activated, restarted my computer after it all, moved the themes over and applied using the classic menu. I even triple checked and I did everything exactly laid out, just like I did every time before. And it's still not working. So I honestly have no idea how it's not working after following the steps provided, especially since they're pretty much the same steps as before the Creator's update (just without UxStyle since we all know that doesn't work with the new updates).

*headdesks* OH MY GOD. I tried with the topshell theme version instead and suddenly it worked. In the past I just had to use the regular "HUD Machine Green". I even tried the topshell one before and it didn't work, but it worked on this attempt? Ok, whatever, at least it works now!

I knew I was following the steps correctly, so I wonder what caused it. Because I know that you have to do things a certain way to get the themes to work. I'm glad I finally got it to work. Thanks!

I do have another issue I can't figure out involving the theme, though. Every time I restart my computer it changes my cursor and sound pack back to the default stuff but still claims they're using the custom theme. Nowhere I look has an answer that's worked for me.

Ah man that's weird, unfortunately the only thing I can suggest is a clean install of Windows using a USB or DVD.

The only thing I can think of is that your OEM has possibly put some settings on your OS, thinking that the average use won't change it.

I know it must seem like a cop out but I have definitely seen some weird behaviour of the Windows OS, sometimes one thing you can do is reinstall the OS. Sorry about the troubles you're facing!

Edit: To be sure set your BIOS to Legacy and non-secure boot to see if that helps (I use these settings on my computer to fix some issues)

pidgetpn
December 10th, 2017, 05:07 AM
Nah, I totally get that because Microsoft does like to assume that users can't possibly know what they're doing so they hand-hold "just in case they mess it up". It's not enough of a problem for me to want to reinstall, it's just a little annoying to have to go in and change it each time.

Shemhamforash
December 10th, 2017, 05:11 AM
Nah, I totally get that because Microsoft does like to assume that users can't possibly know what they're doing so they hand-hold "just in case they mess it up". It's not enough of a problem for me to want to reinstall, it's just a little annoying to have to go in and change it each time.

Not only that, they're working with the distributors of laptops and pcs to make sure the users couldn't possibly screw something up lol

pidgetpn
December 10th, 2017, 08:02 PM
Posting this in here as a follow-up since I had mentioned the issue in this thread and others might have the problem later.

I fixed the cursor issue by copying the cursors directly into the Windows folder for them and resetting them all in the theme. Works like a charm now.

freak69ize
December 10th, 2017, 09:11 PM
Posting this in here as a follow-up since I had mentioned the issue in this thread and others might have the problem later.

I fixed the cursor issue by copying the cursors directly into the Windows folder for them and resetting them all in the theme. Works like a charm now.

Most cursor have an install.info file in the cursor folder.. just right click on file and click install