PDA

View Full Version : Help Changing Text colors

koolx
December 31st, 2017, 12:00 AM
assuming you want to change the text colours for explorer in its default state, as in , when you first open the window, look here:

1)Explorer & Shell > Explorer > Items View > ItemsView: TEXTCOLOR ( C drive /D drive -these text)
2)Explorer & Shell > Explorer > Items View > ItemsView > Details > Property: TEXTCOLOR (for the details on your partitions, as in the free space, etc)
3)Explorer & Shell > Explorer > Items View > ItemsView > Details > Details View Default: TEXTCOLOR (pretty much self explanatory following the above property)
4)Explorer & Shell > Explorer > Items View > ItemsView > Details > Selected: TEXTCOLOR (Colour property for no.1 but in a clicked/selected state)
5)Explorer & Shell > Explorer > Items View > ItemsView > Details > Compressed Folder: TEXTCOLOR
6)Explorer & Shell > Explorer > Items View > ItemsView > Details > Compressed Folder Selected: TEXTCOLOR
7)Explorer & Shell > Explorer > Items View > ItemsView > Details > Encrypted Folder: TEXTCOLOR
8)Explorer & Shell > Explorer > Items View > ItemsView > Details > Encrypted Folder Selected: TEXTCOLOR
9)Explorer & Shell > Explorer > Items View > ItemsView > Search Label: TEXTCOLOR

Hey devilinside. Apperciate the help. But I'm a newbie. I got a theme I downloaded recently but I dont know which file to exactly load in WSB.

But maybe there a better way.. maybe you could just change the font color in the theme linked below. Would you do that for me please?

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1VovWSSLVCYABduoe9vMFVI82VsL64R9n

devillnside
December 31st, 2017, 12:05 AM
Hey devilinside. Apperciate the help. But I'm a newbie. I got a theme I downloaded recently but I dont know which file to exactly load in WSB.

But maybe there a better way.. maybe you could just change the font color in the theme linked below. Would you do that for me please?

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1VovWSSLVCYABduoe9vMFVI82VsL64R9n

mate i cant edit someone else's theme without their consent & permission!! if it was a theme from somebody on this forum. i can go ahead & ask permission but if its not then you need to get the permission of the author of the theme before i can edit it.

P.S you load the file with the ".mssytles" extension on it

koolx
December 31st, 2017, 12:19 AM
mate i cant edit someone else's theme without their consent & permission!! if it was a theme from somebody on this forum. i can go ahead & ask permission but if its not then you need to get the permission of the author of the theme before i can edit it.

P.S you load the file with the ".mssytles" extension on it

Thats extraordinarily weird! Alright cool.. I'll get the dude's permission. Its a theme by a dude on yt. As soon as he gives me the ok I'll post the yt link showing this.

devillnside
December 31st, 2017, 12:27 AM
in short.. its his creative work & intellectual copyright.. he might not be cool with someone tampering with his work..also the Creative Commons License (https://creativecommons.org/licenses/) covers these facts which many use to protect their work..think of it as somewhat of a individual branding..in the end its just respecting the artists hard work & time spent

koolx
December 31st, 2017, 12:47 AM
in short.. its his creative work & intellectual copyright.. he might not be cool with someone tampering with his work..also the Creative Commons License (https://creativecommons.org/licenses/) covers these facts which many use to protect their work..think of it as somewhat of a individual branding..in the end its just respecting the artists hard work & time spent

Ok no problem. I got 3 questions:

1) I've seen themes with no address bar. Want to know if you can unhide an address bar in a theme to make is visible. If so how?

2) And whats the point to OldNewExplorer?

3) I downloaded the latest version of OldNewExplorer.rar. in the readme it asks to: Extract files into directory which all users can access. Then run OldNewExplorerCfg.exe. Its got these files:
OldNewExplorer32.dll
OldNewExplorer64.dll
OldNewExplorerCfg.exe

Am I supposed to copy and paste the 1st 2 files where they need to go? Or will running OldNewExplorerCfg.exe be all I need?

devillnside
December 31st, 2017, 01:11 AM
address bar in start menu?? no you cannot unhide it as its just not there .. the functionality of search is retained , ie, if you start to type results will start to show, but the address bar itself has been removed... if you notice ... any start menu without an address bar will be floating over the taskbar ... u know hence the effect

ONE or old new explorer is needed to properly theme the explorer window in win 10. put the extracted files in a folder & run the exe with admin rights you'll get something like this:

firstly press the install button then afterwards set the other settings.. you can experiment with the options.. though there isn't much.. its basically used to make the file explorer windows of 10 to look more like the explorer window of seven

koolx
December 31st, 2017, 01:43 AM
address bar in start menu?? no you cannot unhide it as its just not there .. the functionality of search is retained , ie, if you start to type results will start to show, but the address bar itself has been removed... if you notice ... any start menu without an address bar will be floating over the taskbar ... u know hence the effect

ONE or old new explorer is needed to properly theme the explorer window in win 10. put the extracted files in a folder & run the exe with admin rights you'll get something like this:

firstly press the install button then afterwards set the other settings.. you can experiment with the options.. though there isn't much.. its basically used to make the file explorer windows of 10 to look more like the explorer window of seven

I'm very very sorry.. I actually meant to ask about the menu bar, NOT the address bar. Can you unhide the menu bar?

You mentioned placing the 1st 2 files in a folder. Which folder do I place them in?

devillnside
December 31st, 2017, 03:08 AM
I'm very very sorry.. I actually meant to ask about the menu bar, NOT the address bar. Can you unhide the menu bar?

You mentioned placing the 1st 2 files in a folder. Which folder do I place them in?

yeah, in an open explorer window, ORGANIZE > LAYOUT > MENU BAR

any folder or you could even put them in the root of your c: drive or any other drive, your documents folder.. anywhere you want..i personally keep them in a folder named ONE in the root of my C: drive .. doesnt matter really
just keep the three of them in the same place thats all

koolx
December 31st, 2017, 06:07 AM
yeah, in an open explorer window, ORGANIZE > LAYOUT > MENU BAR

any folder or you could even put them in the root of your c: drive or any other drive, your documents folder.. anywhere you want..i personally keep them in a folder named ONE in the root of my C: drive .. doesnt matter really

Thanks man. I'll do that.

koolx
December 31st, 2017, 07:09 AM

No offense but how would your PC know about these needed files if they can stored anywhere on your drive? This doesnt make sense.

devillnside
December 31st, 2017, 09:10 AM
No offense but how would your PC know about these needed files if they can stored anywhere on your drive? This doesnt make sense.
becuase its not your pc that needs to know anything its the exe file that does the job... its call resource hacking.. look it up

koolx
December 31st, 2017, 09:13 AM
becuase its not your pc that needs to know anything its the exe file that does the job... its call resource hacking.. look it up

Ahh I see.. thanks for clearing that up my man!

devillnside
December 31st, 2017, 09:15 AM
Ahh I see.. thanks for clearing that up my man!

no problem mate

koolx
January 5th, 2018, 01:37 AM
nah mate, thats not lag... after you change any option in ONE, you need to restart explorer for it to take effect, or at the very least.. close all open explorer windows & open a new one all over again
.. & your version is the latest one so dont worry

Ahh.. gotcha.. thanks man!

One question.. I got a dark theme in which when I change just the font color then save and load it, the background changes to white. Do you know why this is happening? Heres my theme:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1uGstIdxQpWoEW2kWP9srcIF0IwYDaITR

devillnside
January 5th, 2018, 02:08 AM

One question.. I got a dark theme in which when I change just the font color then save and load it, the background changes to white. Do you know why this is happening? Heres my theme:

ill look into it.. where exactly were you changing the text colours??

devillnside
January 5th, 2018, 02:12 AM

wait, was it the start menu by any chance?? was it you who changed the fill colours to white?? cause looking at the image that doesnt make sense why the fill colour are white

koolx
January 5th, 2018, 02:16 AM
wait, was it the start menu by any chance?? was it you who changed the fill colours to white?? cause looking at the image that doesnt make sense why the fill colour are white

No I'm referring to windows explorer. And no I didnt change the fill colors at all. This is the original theme, nothing has been touched. Only thing I tried to change was the font colors.. ALL the font colors.

koolx
January 5th, 2018, 02:18 AM
ill look into it.. where exactly were you changing the text colours??

Hi, I'm trying to change all the font colors to white everywhere, especially windows explorer and mouse menu popups (like when you right click on the desktop and the menu pops up).

devillnside
January 5th, 2018, 02:32 AM
No I'm referring to windows explorer. And no I didnt change the fill colors at all. This is the original theme, nothing has been touched. Only thing I tried to change was the font colors.. ALL the font colors.

so wait, the theme you have uploaded, has it been edited, as in did you do any edits at all or is it untouched as it came from the author?

koolx
January 5th, 2018, 02:55 AM
so wait, the theme you have uploaded, has it been edited, as in did you do any edits at all or is it untouched as it came from the author?

Wat I'm saying is that I uploaded the original before I attempted any edits. Its mine.

Mr GRiM
January 6th, 2018, 12:50 AM
I made this a separate thread as it was sort of hijacking Devilinsides thread, anyway had a look at the theme and seems to be fine now, I did make a couple of improvements as well to a couple of areas that seemed to be messed up.

koolx
January 6th, 2018, 02:14 AM
I made this a separate thread as it was sort of hijacking Devilinsides thread, anyway had a look at the theme and seems to be fine now, I did make a couple of improvements as well to a couple of areas that seemed to be messed up.

Hi grim,

Appreciate the help. But when I try to edit a font color in win explorer, the background color turns to white. For example, I open this theme in WSB. I then go to: "Explorer & Shell > Explorer > Items View > Items View > FillColor." I then change the font color to white. After that the theme's background color turns to white. This makes no sense whatsowever.

Btw I'm using Win7 Style Builder v1.5.0.0 on my Win 10. Is it possible that this version isn't compatible with Win10? Any ideas of why this idiocy is occurring??

Also I noticed you posted a pic of your theme with red highlights in your last reply. Is this a new theme of yours?

Mr GRiM
January 7th, 2018, 03:29 AM
Hi grim,

Appreciate the help. But when I try to edit a font color in win explorer, the background color turns to white. For example, I open this theme in WSB. I then go to: "Explorer & Shell > Explorer > Items View > Items View > FillColor." I then change the font color to white. After that the theme's background color turns to white. This makes no sense whatsowever.

Btw I'm using Win7 Style Builder v1.5.0.0 on my Win 10. Is it possible that this version isn't compatible with Win10? Any ideas of why this idiocy is occurring??

Also I noticed you posted a pic of your theme with red highlights in your last reply. Is this a new theme of yours?

If you change the fillcolor that will change the background color, you need to change the textcolor property to change the text color, the WSB build you should be using is the one I posted here http://virtualcustoms.net/showthread.php/77991-Custom-Class-maps-import-scripts-for-Windows-10-RS1-Version-1607-1703

This is the theme I posted above, it has the red parts from the icons I am using.

koolx
January 7th, 2018, 05:05 AM
This is the theme I posted above, it has the red parts from the icons I am using.

Hi grim,

Appreciate that link. As for the icons, could you provide a link to that same icon pack but for different colors? And is it possible to pick specific icons while leaving out those you dont want? If so how?

After I save changes in WSB the font size of my PC gets smaller. How do I make sure it doesn't change after making changes?

Also please look at the attachment. Circled in red is the bar that I want hidden or removed. How can I do that?

koolx
January 8th, 2018, 03:02 AM
Hi Grim,

Did you see my last post to you?

Also theres a huge problem with my theme. It works but when I open Excel my dark spreadsheet has turned white. What do i do to make sure my theme deosnt affect Excel?