PDA

View Full Version : 3 Questions for You Smart Gurus

koolx
January 8th, 2018, 04:12 AM
Hi guys, I got 3 questions:

1) I have a dark spreadsheet in Excel, the theme turns it white. What do i do to make sure my theme deosnt affect Excel?

2) Also when I edit my themes in WSB, the system font size changes. How can I stop that from happening?

3) I'm trying to change the font color of the desktop context menu (right-click on desktop menu). I tried changing the color to white in the path in WSB below. But the font color stays grey. What do i do? Heres the path I went to:
"Lists, menu,s & tabs > menu > popupitem > TextColor :Color"

devillnside
January 8th, 2018, 09:35 AM
Hi guys, I got 3 questions:

1) I have a dark spreadsheet in Excel, the theme turns it white. What do i do to make sure my theme deosnt affect Excel?

2) Also when I edit my themes in WSB, the system font size changes. How can I stop that from happening?

3) I'm trying to change the font color of the desktop context menu (right-click on desktop menu). I tried changing the color to white in the path in WSB below. But the font color stays grey. What do i do? Heres the path I went to:
"Lists, menu,s & tabs > menu > popupitem > TextColor :Color"

already posted an answer to your question in the other thread!!!!:amazed:

also you need to post these topics in the help & q&a sections mate

koolx
January 8th, 2018, 08:44 PM

Ok.. thanks!

koolx
January 8th, 2018, 09:57 PM

Hi devil,

I couldnt find the locations you posted. Heres my screen shot of WSB. Let me know what you suggest:

dhjohns
January 9th, 2018, 12:11 AM
This may help. https://mega.nz/#!QBwAACiA!JBcwZgkQubVN4o8QGkCnPnBJlSt-uawVQi1XidJaXzk

koolx
January 9th, 2018, 10:11 PM
This may help. https://mega.nz/#!QBwAACiA!JBcwZgkQubVN4o8QGkCnPnBJlSt-uawVQi1XidJaXzk

Hi dhjohns,

Somewhat confused. Why are you giving me this link when this may be fixed by editing the theme to stop it from affecting Excel?

dhjohns
January 9th, 2018, 11:16 PM
Hi dhjohns,

Somewhat confused. Why are you giving me this link when this may be fixed by editing the theme to stop it from affecting Excel?This will set the Black Theme for Office C2R if that is what you are using. The other themes are also choices.

https://s13.postimg.org/kea8dthnb/screenshot_60.png

koolx
January 9th, 2018, 11:43 PM
This will set the Black Theme for Office C2R if that is what you are using. The other themes are also choices.

Hi dhjohns.. But I'm not using a dark office theme at all. I just turn some spreadsheets to a dark color. Some are a white color. I need to have full control over Excel without it being afffected by any theme. Do you still have suggestions?

Mr GRiM
January 10th, 2018, 12:21 AM
To stop a theme from changing the colors in office then you will have to change the properties in Fonts, Colors, & System Metrics > Fonts & System Metrics, the 2 properties are Window and WindowText, these will have to be set to the default white for Window and black for WindowText

koolx
January 11th, 2018, 09:58 PM
To stop a theme from changing the colors in office then you will have to change the properties in Fonts, Colors, & System Metrics > Fonts & System Metrics, the 2 properties are Window and WindowText, these will have to be set to the default white for Window and black for WindowText

Hi grim,

Is there any way other than the method you suggested to prevent themes from affecting specific programs? Using your method does bring back custom colors of the excel spreadsheets. But is also changes the background colors in other programs. Is there a code or something else that can isolate only specific programs from being affected by the theme?

devillnside
January 12th, 2018, 09:03 PM
Hi grim,

Is there any way other than the method you suggested to prevent themes from affecting specific programs? Using your method does bring back custom colors of the excel spreadsheets. But is also changes the background colors in other programs. Is there a code or something else that can isolate only specific programs from being affected by the theme?

nope .. this is hardcoded into windows ... there are no workarounds whatsoever

devillnside
January 12th, 2018, 09:07 PM
Hi devil,

I couldnt find the locations you posted. Heres my screen shot of WSB. Let me know what you suggest:

the version you are using , i think, is the default install.. search the forums under the WSB section & you'll find that you need to mod the WSB installl a bit with Grim's class maps import scripts & stylescripts to be able to make a theme or edit any existing ones for windows 10 ... the default WSB install does not support WIndows 10 properly.

koolx
January 13th, 2018, 03:09 AM

Hi Grim,

Devilinside suggested that I need to mod my WSB, (version 1.5.6.3 Beta build). He said to use your class maps import scripts & stylescripts to be able make WSB work properly in windows 10. Would you please post these links?