PDA

View Full Version : How to change System properties logo in Windows 10

poweredbyostx
March 15th, 2018, 10:17 PM
Hello everyone, I have some issues with changing the system properties logo in Windows 10.
I have try with Resources hacker trough shellbrd. dll replacing the bmp images of windows logo to my custom but with no luck, every time I replace windows logo to my custom the logo disappears..

Does anyone know how to replace the logo but to keep default Windows 10 theme?

MOST_WASTED
March 16th, 2018, 09:37 AM
It might be located in the theme (msstyle file) that you are using.

poweredbyostx
March 16th, 2018, 12:03 PM

Thanks, yes I know that in custom theme logo is located I alredy check that, but I want to change the logo on default Windows 10 theme, I put msstyle in Resource hacker and I could not find it.
I put shellbrd.dll in resource hacker I changed the logo but logo does not appear...

poweredbyostx
March 16th, 2018, 12:04 PM

Thanks, yes I know that in custom theme logo is located I alredy check that, but I want to change the logo on default Windows 10 theme, I put msstyle in Resource hacker and I could not find it.
I put shellbrd.dll in resource hacker I changed the logo but logo does not appear...

gsw953
March 16th, 2018, 10:32 PM
Did you try using System Property Logo Changer for Windows 7,it used to still work on Windows 8 & 8.1
Maybe it still does. Not sure where to get a copy anymore but Tiger used to include it in his Windows 7 themes

Shemhamforash
March 16th, 2018, 11:57 PM
Explorer & Shell > Explorer > Control Panel > ControlPanel > ContentPane > Branding Image
Add the properties on your end.

poweredbyostx
March 16th, 2018, 11:59 PM
Did you try using System Prndnoperty Logo Changer for Windows 7,it used to still work on Windows 8 & 8.1
Maybe it still does. Not sure where to get a copy anymore but Tiger used to include it in his Windows 7 themes

Thank and Yes I try that app too but it's not working..

MOST_WASTED
March 17th, 2018, 12:01 AM
i found the tool gsw was talking about :). here you go.
http://www.mediafire.com/file/2b57hrp9awh9a59/Windows%207%20System%20Properties%20Logo%20Changer.exe
hope it works for you man.

poweredbyostx
March 17th, 2018, 12:01 AM
Explorer & Shell > Explorer > Control Panel > ControlPanel > ContentPane > Branding Image

I will try it tomorrow and I will let you know

MOST_WASTED
March 17th, 2018, 12:05 AM

i think he wants to change it and make it the default logo even when changing themes.

edit: sorry i misunderstood

@poweredbyostx (http://virtualcustoms.net/member.php/234218-poweredbyostx) - did you mean the windows aero theme?

if not the aero theme then i dont know. I've never tried editing a windows default msstyle file b4 because i dont know where it is.

johnsilverfox
March 20th, 2018, 01:29 PM
it is the shellbrd.dll located in local disk/Windows/Branding you have to edit ( i used resource hacker) bitmap 1100 2100 and 3100

poweredbyostx
March 20th, 2018, 03:32 PM
it is the shellbrd.dll located in local disk/Windows/Branding you have to edit ( i used resource hacker) bitmap 1100 2100 and 3100

I already did that, and also I replaced the following images that you wrote, but the logo wont appear..I used bmp format image size 231x93

ミறѳѳղղįզվદ彡
March 20th, 2018, 04:06 PM
testing some of new 7tsp , iPacks manual and .exe replacers but nothing working
my reason and think is this step is not supported for windows 10 because for custom themes is used start is back and dont allow this step because for custom theme using the original mmstyle file of used custom theme
good for windows 7 is theme resource changer because here is supported replacing dll files
but on (start is back) application for windows 10 missing function (allow themes to using custom shellbrd.dll images) on off
same as is allowed for
use custom start menu coloring on off
hide user account picture on off
and other
i think this is possible on w10 but now only with windows style builder
but thats only my personal opinion:Smile:

poweredbyostx
March 20th, 2018, 05:17 PM
Well, at least thank you all for helping out, for now I will change the logo only from custom theme...

ミறѳѳղղįզվદ彡
March 20th, 2018, 05:45 PM
7tsp and iPacks working fine - default w10 theme
but for custom theme recommended using windows style builder and replacing logo in mmstyle file located in the theme

Mr GRiM
March 21st, 2018, 11:06 AM
Did you make sure you added the alpha channel and saved it as a 32bit bitmap?

Thuggz Bunny
March 21st, 2018, 06:16 PM
I've been away a while & need to update everything but Winaero Tweaker has a setting for changing that and it has been updated since last time I installed it. I hope this helps.

poweredbyostx
March 22nd, 2018, 05:14 AM

I'm not sure, I will check it today.

poweredbyostx
March 22nd, 2018, 05:15 AM
I've been away a while & need to update everything but Winaero Tweaker has a setting for changing that and it has been updated since last time I installed it. I hope this helps.

I alredy try it, but it don't have that option..

Thuggz Bunny
March 22nd, 2018, 05:23 AM
I alredy try it, but it don't have that option..

Grrrr. Well, that's a bummer! There was another for Windows 10 called Ultimate Windows 10 Tweeker a couple years back.

poweredbyostx
March 22nd, 2018, 05:27 AM
Grrrr. Well, that's a bummer! There was another for Windows 10 called Ultimate Windows 10 Tweeker a couple years back.

Yes, I installed the latest version and there was no option for changing the logo in Windows 10, but also it has some other great options and tweaking.

Thuggz Bunny
March 22nd, 2018, 05:32 AM
Yes, I installed the latest version and there was no option for changing the logo in Windows 10, but also it has some other great options and tweaking.

Yes it's a good 1!
:no1:

poweredbyostx
March 22nd, 2018, 05:42 PM
Holy smoke Grim, I can't believe, how did you know it? It's worked, I created the alpha channel and save it as 32bitmap, and now I have custom logo on default Aero Windows 10 theme. Thanks a lot sir.

tistou77
July 1st, 2018, 08:10 AM
I change the logo by modifying the 1100 and 3100 resources in shellbrd.dll and everything is good