PDA

View Full Version : Minor changes to 1709 theme with WSB gives black screen...

phillipmeyer
April 6th, 2018, 08:05 AM
I've been struggling with this for a few weeks now after having no problems at all...

I'm using Windows Style Builder 10-10 RS1+ with a 1709 theme (Placebo Kitsch Object)...I've previously made changes to this theme (buttons, progress bars, fonts, etc.) with no problem. Other 1709 themes work fine as well. A few weeks ago I had to do a system restore and since then a single minor change results in a black screen when I select the theme (with Personalization Classic) and I have to do another system restore (I create one before I start).

I've uninstalled UltraUXthemepatcher and took ownership of the 3 files and reinstalled...I use the latest SiB and ONE...I use the instructions from here before I start modifying the theme and do the 10 Import Fix even though its already a 1709 theme.

Any ideas what could be causing this?

Thanks!

phillipmeyer
April 7th, 2018, 04:09 AM
This issue has been resolved...I forgot where I read this but FastStartup could be causing the black screen issue for other things. Once I disabled FastStartup I was able to edit my theme with no problems at all.