Virtual Customs
Electron App

https://who.is-yiffing.me/EYPziOu6CP.png

Supported Platforms

[*=left]Mac
[*=left]Windows
[*=left]Linux

Instructions

1. Download the repository linked below.
2. Open the folder in your command line or Terminal.
3. Run `yarn install`.
4. Then run `yarn package`.
5. Check the `out` folder for the packaged application to run.

Downloads
https://github.com/NimbiDev/VirtualCustoms-Desktop-App (https://github.com/NimbiDev/VirtualCustoms-Desktop-App)

ミறѳѳղղįզվદ彡
February 3rd, 2019, 12:59 PM
:gun::beautiful:thats amaaazing:kaioken::f:

Donkuz
February 3rd, 2019, 11:24 PM
Hi Nimbi, Great App I really like it but I cant download anything without going to the default Browser is this a test run? Sorry I just looked in my Download Folder and it was working, It threw me as I didn't get a Save as prompt and it went straight to my Download folder my apologys its a Great app, Thanks.

Nimbi
February 4th, 2019, 12:43 AM
Hi Nimbi, Great App I really like it but I cant download anything without going to the default Browser is this a test run? Sorry I just looked in my Download Folder and it was working, It threw me as I didn't get a Save as prompt and it went straight to my Download folder my apologys its a Great app, Thanks.

Yeah sorry about that, I just noticed that myself. If you have taskbar animations enabled you'll see you download progress in the taskbar icon. So if ever you feel it might not be downloading, just look at the taskbar icon :peace:

Nimbi
February 4th, 2019, 12:55 AM
I updated the description with more info to help avoid confusion. I hope this helps.

Nimbi
February 4th, 2019, 05:06 PM
I added a self extracting EXE file for the Virtual Customs program. Instructions have been properly updated to reflect it. :Peace:

Nimbi
February 5th, 2019, 08:50 PM
I updated the self extracting EXE. It now includes a second step to add a shortcut to your start menu. The EXE instructions have also been updated appropriately.

Nimbi
February 18th, 2019, 09:45 PM
I've now managed to make an actual installer thanks to Inno Setup. The portable RAR and self extracting EXE are no more.

Nimbi
April 12th, 2019, 05:19 AM
Virtual Customs Desktop Application for Windows PC updated to version 2.0.

New features can be found in the description.

Mr GRiM
April 12th, 2019, 06:50 AM
Nice update mate, I have a few feature requests.

The ability to zoom in on pages, on my 1440p monitor I like to have it at 120%

Make the scroll bar themeable.

Make the context menu themeable.

Add the ability to right click and save or view image.

Add support for back forward buttons on mice.

Change the loading screen between pages to black instead of white or remove it completely.

Nimbi
July 23rd, 2019, 05:48 AM
Added a portable Linux version to the list of available versions. Built and tested Manjaro MATE ONLY. I CANNOT guarentee without further testing that it will work on other Linux distros.

If anyone wants to test feel free, however, you do so at your own risk as I am NOT responsible for anyone who bricks their Linuxs OS by testing on a possibly unsupported distro.

[I would advise using a VM if you want to test on other distros. but if you do let me know your results and I'll update the list of supported distros].

Nimbi
July 23rd, 2019, 05:52 AM

Change the loading screen between pages to black instead of white or remove it completely.

Yo thanks for the info, as it stands nativefier is pretty limited, however those options are implemetable via userscripts but the userscripts support is currently misbehaving. I've atually attempted that before using the --inject command when building and it injected the .css but refused to load it so something is wrong in nativefier's code for that option. I am however keeping an eye on the official page to see if a fix gets implemented.

As soon as such a fix DOES get implemented I'll start seeing if anyone here wants to contribute css style sheets to inject into future builds. I'm thinking on using the style sheets to give it it's own unique themeability if it's possible. but basically the inject option is similar to what stylish does for webpages.

As for the loading screen I actually dont see that since mine swaps pages pretty quickly but I'll definitely keep an eye on that too. Will defnitely be a CSS inject though.

Nimbi
July 24th, 2019, 03:57 AM

Yo thanks for the info, as it stands nativefier is pretty limited, however those options are implemetable via userscripts but the userscripts support is currently misbehaving. I've atually attempted that before using the --inject command when building and it injected the .css but refused to load it so something is wrong in nativefier's code for that option. I am however keeping an eye on the official page to see if a fix gets implemented.

As soon as such a fix DOES get implemented I'll start seeing if anyone here wants to contribute css style sheets to inject into future builds. I'm thinking on using the style sheets to give it it's own unique themeability if it's possible. but basically the inject option is similar to what stylish does for webpages.

As for the loading screen I actually dont see that since mine swaps pages pretty quickly but I'll definitely keep an eye on that too. Will defnitely be a CSS inject though.

Yo, so I figured out a workaround to get the inject command to work. if you want to provide a userscript [basiaclly a js file identical to what stylish, tampermonkey, etc use] with any and all modifications you desire, I'll gladly inject it into the next build.

Nimbi
August 23rd, 2019, 02:19 AM
If anyone knows how to make userstyles [similar to what tampermonkey, stylish, greasemonkey, etc. use.] I'm accepting userstyles for use with Virtual Customs to build into the application.

Anyone who can provide one will be properly credited for doing so as well.

A full list of features I'm looking for is as follows:

Page Loading screen fix - Extend site themes to page loading screen [or remove it completely].
Themed Context Menus - Extend site themes to context menus.
Themed Scroll Bar - Extend system theme to the scroll bar.
Right click images - Option to view and save images via right click.
Navigation buttons - Navigation buttons [basically something small that can hover on the bottom right of the page to give navigation support.]

Nimbi
October 28th, 2019, 02:03 AM
UPDATE

Virtual Customs Desktop Application version 2.0.2 release

Changelog

Background color added for loading screens [#2e2c29]
Internal-URL support added for projects hosted on GitHub
Save option now runs a Save As Dialog Window.

Supported OS

Windows 2000 - 10: Installer
Linux: Portable
Mac: N/A

Links in main post.

Nimbi
November 3rd, 2019, 01:36 AM
Looking through supported options for future updates and have discovered Zoom is already implemented via the view button in th menu. Simply press Alt on your keyboard tho show the View menu and click view to access the Zoom controls.

Back and Forward are also suppose to be there howver I do not see them at the moment. Will continue to see if I can find out where they are or if I may need to enable them in a future build.

Nimbi
December 18th, 2019, 08:06 AM
Now being hosted from https://newgitlab.elaztek.com/
Linux support dropped.
Future Mac support dropped.
New download link posted.
Main post updated.

gorgonflanish
December 19th, 2019, 05:06 PM
nice, and nice community

Nimbi
July 20th, 2020, 05:54 AM
Main post has been updated with a new installer. Some features may or may not have been removed but they will likely be added back at a later time if they have.

Nimbi
October 29th, 2020, 07:15 AM
Main post updated. Linux support re-implemented now that I am running off of Manjaro Linux.

Nimbi
December 7th, 2020, 06:33 AM
VC Electron app updated to v1.0.1

Changelog:

App is now Single Instance
Background Color changed to #333333
SaveAs dialog restored

Nimbi
December 15th, 2020, 12:38 PM
VC Electron v1.0.2 Update

This update is for the Windows version ONLY. The following changes have been made.

Package files now concealed to reduce size.
Tray icon removed due to incompatibility with .asar packages.
Side image added to the SFX Installer.
Single Instance removed temporarily. [Will be restored in a later update]

Nimbi
December 28th, 2020, 05:55 PM
Windows version updated to v1.1.0

Changelog

Repackaged with Inno Setup
Uninstall option added
Weblink now added to start menu folder

Nimbi
January 7th, 2021, 12:32 PM
Updated to v1.1.1

Changelog:

Save As dialogue restored (Accidentally got removed during a previous update)
Tray Icon restored (Accidentally got removed during a previous update)
Background Color changed to #1a1a1a1a
Linux updates halted due to lack of Linux OS (Latest Linux version still available on Github (https://github.com/New-Horizon-Network/VC-electron/releases/tag/v1.1.1))
Windows installer now uploaded directly to Virtual Customs (Instead of being hosted on Github)

Nimbi
March 18th, 2021, 04:26 PM
Update - 03/18/2021

Updated to version 1.1.2
Updated the internal packages to get rid of the old build detected popup.

Nimbi
April 9th, 2021, 11:58 PM
Update - 03/09/2021

Updated to version 1.1.3

App code now concealed into an app.asar file to reduce app size
Context menu now disabled [will be restored at a later time if the website gains support for extending the theme to the context menu]
GPU rendering disabled [now uses web rendering to reducee gpu load and speed up rendering time]

Rebuilt with latest version of Nativefier to maintain chrome package security

New version can be downloaded from the main post.

Nimbi
May 5th, 2021, 09:10 AM
Updated download link

Nimbi
May 17th, 2021, 10:49 PM
Update May 17, 2021

Menu Bar: Menu bar now visible at all times.
Site Shortcuts: Home, Register, Donate, and Contact Us shortcuts added to the Bookmarks menu.
Portable App: All data is stored inside the app, making it completely portable and capable of being stored on a flash drive.
Simple Updates: App utilizes a build script to make building and updating easier for the user (requires nativefier (https://github.com/nativefier/nativefier)).
Keyboard and Mouse Shortcuts: Keyboard and Mouse shortcuts now working. (Keyboard shortcuts can be seen in the menu bar while mouse shortcuts require a back and forward button on your mouse).

Nimbi
June 30th, 2021, 09:15 PM
Update

Bundled App: App now bundled into my Native Apps Bundle. You can access the page for the Native Apps bundle via the download button in the main post.

Nimbi
October 30th, 2021, 04:47 PM
Update - October 30, 2021

Updated into a cmd script to auto compile the app

Added powershell menu to give more control and automatically create desktop and start menu shortcuts
Implemented verbose logging to stdout and stderr files

Nimbi
November 20th, 2021, 03:50 AM
Update - Friday, November 19, 2021

Compiler script reuploaded. [Powershell now removed due to issues with Windows 11 Powershell and nativefier]
Global Shortcuts added.
Bookmarks menu added.
Update script added.
Linux support reimplemented.

Nimbi
June 29th, 2022, 09:53 PM
Update

App rebuilt into an electron tray app
New instructions added to the main post
New screenshot added to the main post
New download link added to the main post

ミறѳѳղղįզվદ彡
June 30th, 2022, 11:25 PM
:greedy:nice work thank you for the update my friend:love:

Nimbi
July 4th, 2022, 02:29 AM
Update

Github group now changed to NimbiDev [Download link updated appropriately]
App updated to automatically display the window on launch instead of requiring the user the click the tray icon to display the window.
Background color added [#333333]​