PDA

View Full Version : Work Night Shift X for Windows 10 1809 (RS5)

Dark Knight
February 18th, 2019, 03:09 AM
Work Night Shift X

Original Theme By YN1F - Port By Dark Knight

Theme Port for use on Windows 10 RS5 ONLY

Icons Pictured in the screen caps are included with the download in the icons folder

Theme Includes:
custom cursors
custom sound pack
shell32 images
start button
wallpapers

Theme Extras:
Theme Fonts
Variations iPack - repacked for Windows 8 / 8.1 / 10

Theme Credits:
Mr GRiM - custom import scripts
YN1F - Original Theme Design

In Order to Run Custom Themes On Windows 10 There Are Some Tools You Will Need First:

Methods to Install Custom Themes:
Windows 10 All-In-One Installer with Uninstaller
OR
ThemeSignatureBypass by Big Muscle (Recommended)

ONE :
OldNewExplorer is the Windows 10 (and Windows 8.1, and 8) shell extension / tweaker which can undo "improvements" to file browsing made in newer Windows versions. Everything is optional for your liking.
For best results, use these settings:

http://virtualcustoms.net/attachment.php?attachmentid=77346&d=1492660259 (http://virtualcustoms.net/attachment.php?attachmentid=77346&d=1492660259)

StartIsBack++ for Windows 10 (http://startisback.com/#download-tab)
What's hot about StartIsBack on Windows 10 now?
Full taskbar skinning!
Ability to reduce resource usage by disabling newer Start menu and Cortana processes from prelaunching
Ability to use adequately sized (32x32) large icons and larger start menu button on taskbar
Modern icon glyphs on Start menu right hand pane
Modern blur, drop shadow and immersive context menus for start menu
Fully dynamic DPI aware start menu and configuration app
New modern style with round user picture
Lots of new minor additions and tweaks

It is always recommended to create a restore point before installing any custom third party themes

I take no responsibility for anyone that bricks their system, use custom themes at your own risk and only use custom themes designed and intended for your version of Windows.

Nimbi
February 18th, 2019, 05:05 AM
Work Night Shift X

Original Theme By YN1F - Port By Dark Knight

Theme Port for use on Windows 10 RS5 ONLY

Icons Pictured in the screen caps are included with the download in the icons folder

Theme Includes:
custom cursors
custom sound pack
shell32 images
start button
wallpapers

Theme Extras:
Theme Fonts
Variations iPack - repacked for Windows 8 / 8.1 / 10

Theme Credits:
Mr GRiM - custom import scripts
YN1F - Original Theme Design

In Order to Run Custom Themes On Windows 10 There Are Some Tools You Will Need First:

Methods to Install Custom Themes:
Windows 10 All-In-One Installer with Uninstaller
OR
ThemeSignatureBypass by Big Muscle (Recommended)

ONE :
OldNewExplorer is the Windows 10 (and Windows 8.1, and 8) shell extension / tweaker which can undo "improvements" to file browsing made in newer Windows versions. Everything is optional for your liking.
For best results, use these settings:

http://virtualcustoms.net/attachment.php?attachmentid=77346&d=1492660259 (http://virtualcustoms.net/attachment.php?attachmentid=77346&d=1492660259)

StartIsBack++ for Windows 10 (http://startisback.com/#download-tab)
What's hot about StartIsBack on Windows 10 now?
Full taskbar skinning!
Ability to reduce resource usage by disabling newer Start menu and Cortana processes from prelaunching
Ability to use adequately sized (32x32) large icons and larger start menu button on taskbar
Modern icon glyphs on Start menu right hand pane
Modern blur, drop shadow and immersive context menus for start menu
Fully dynamic DPI aware start menu and configuration app
New modern style with round user picture
Lots of new minor additions and tweaks

It is always recommended to create a restore point before installing any custom third party themes

I take no responsibility for anyone that bricks their system, use custom themes at your own risk and only use custom themes designed and intended for your version of Windows.

Thank you so much for this port! I was sooo bummed when this got pulled ages ago and now that it's back I'm uber hyped!!!

Dark Knight
February 18th, 2019, 05:08 AM
Thank you so much for this port! I was sooo bummed when this got pulled ages ago and now that it's back I'm uber hyped!!!

It is one of my favorites also .... enjoy :Smile:

Donkuz
February 18th, 2019, 06:42 AM
Very Nice Dark Night, I really like this one Mate, Top Job:Smile:Cheerz

devillnside
February 18th, 2019, 07:19 AM
awesome port mate.. this looks so clean!! loving it!!

Awad Elkolaly
February 18th, 2019, 08:45 AM
Very nice dark theme, thanks

Dark Knight
February 20th, 2019, 05:10 AM
I have just corrected a couple of issues with this theme.
I fixed an issue on the taskbar jumplist where the bottom area of the jumplist (jumplist system) is white, it should have been acrylic. The issue has now been fixed. I also fixed the hot tracking on the taskbar jumplist so now you can read what you mouse over.

Please download the updated theme in the first post of this thread to correct those issues.

Vlad96ru
February 20th, 2019, 04:17 PM
Dark Knight (http://virtualcustoms.net/member.php/199178-Dark-Knight) Great job, thanks! :Smile::no1::givahand:

YN1F
February 23rd, 2019, 08:49 PM
Dark Knight, I created a new account here just now in order to address your thread.

While I'm flattered by the fact that people like this theme, I'm somewhat taken aback that you claim to have ported this theme to RS5 yourself... when you in fact picked it up from this thread (https://www.vistastylebuilder.com/forum/index.php?topic=2464.0) at Vista Style Builder where 3am and I were solving an issue with the separators. I know that you got it from there, Dark Knight, because the theme you've uploaded here is that very msstyle, complete with the mistakes it had!

So... For anyone interested in the theme, the one that I myself ported to RS5, the one that 3am helped me to fix the mistakes concerning the separators, here you go: 81647

Dark Knight
February 24th, 2019, 04:14 AM
Dark Knight, I created a new account here just now in order to address your thread.

While I'm flattered by the fact that people like this theme, I'm somewhat taken aback that you claim to have ported this theme to RS5 yourself... when you in fact picked it up from this thread (https://www.vistastylebuilder.com/forum/index.php?topic=2464.0) at Vista Style Builder where 3am and I were solving an issue with the separators. I know that you got it from there, Dark Knight, because the theme you've uploaded here is that very msstyle, complete with the mistakes it had!

So... For anyone interested in the theme, the one that I myself ported to RS5, the one that 3am helped me to fix the mistakes concerning the separators, here you go: 81647

First off ....
I don't know what you are talking about, YES I did port the theme myself and had taken it no where but from my very own hard drive from where I have stored every single theme I have ever downloaded since Windows 7 , which I got FROM HERE at Virtual customs and that YOU yourself had posted here at one time before removing it, the separator issue was not even an issue for me, just a matter of changing the popupitem border size in the Windows 10 dark mode immersive dark context menu from -5 to 0 to fix the issue, rather it was the taskbar jumplist system, but, again It wasn't even an issue, I figured out myself, it was nothing I sought help from anyone over AND if I did feel the need to seek help on it, help WOULD HAVE been sought here first, where I know I would get a faster answer. It didn't take a rocket scientist to figure it out.

With the exception of tonight to visit the link you pointed out , I have not visited the Vista Style Builder forums in years because honestly Ave, or PandaX have not been updating Vista Style builder (Windows Style Builder) to keep up with the current Windows builds, I paid for my version but I have no use for the site, because in my mind they are two Windows versions behind on their builds, GRiM's style hacks are of much more use which can all be found here at VC.
Why don't you ask PandaX to go through his login records for the Vista Style Builder site and see for yourself, I would be more than happy to supply my login information to him for verification. And it's not like I could have picked it up without logging in because the download does not show without logging in.

Don't know what you issue may be because I did not make any changes to your theme but minute ones that made reading easier on the eyes and full credit for the theme went to you, I only took credit for the port which I DID do myself.

Secondly ....
I DON'T steal themes, ideas, fixes, files or whatnot and claim them for my own, never have, never will and for you to come here and try to discredit me with NO PROOF because there is none whatsoever is uncalled for.
Every single theme I have ever downloaded from here at VC are stored on a separate HDD on my system, these themes are where I pull from to do all the ports I do, at one time when you were a member here you posted themes too, INCLUDING Night Shift X, those too are all stored on that HDD along with other works you did, even though my join date shows Aug. 2011 under my ID, I have been a member much longer at VC, Pretty much since it's inception, I just had to change my login after the move was made because there were issues with my login afterwards, so if you could imagine, there are A LOT of themes on this drive.
If it would make you happy I would be more than happy to supply screen shots of all the Windows OS theme folders Since Windows 7 and the version sub-folders I have on that drive?

If you have issues with the management or someone else at VC which I was not involved with, then take it up with them, don't come around accusing me of something that is just not true and cannot be validated, and the next time you think of doing something like this, I would appreciate it if you had the integrity to take it up in a pm instead of an open forum, and bring some solid proof with you.

I am sorry you feel the way you do but this is nothing more than pure coincidence, whether you want to believe it or not, and if not , no skin off my nose. I just thought I was keeping something that the members here liked alive, if that means I have done something wrong and if the other mods and GRiM think I should remove this thread, then I will but it will not stop me from porting themes that I have had for years on my own personal system. The errors that you are claiming and are basing your accusation of theft are are nothing more than errors from the theme being ported from one version of Windows 10 to another and anyone porting this very same theme WITH VISTA STYLE BUILDER would incur the very same errors, it doesn't make it the exact file that you yourself ported.

And just to show you what kind of guy I am since I am a moderator here and am able to remove the link, I am going to leave the link to your theme and let it stand because it really doesn't matter one way or the other to me, after all it is "your" theme..... right?

The updated posted theme here has the fix for the taskbar jumplistsystem and that is how it will stay, I was going to post another updated one with the separator fix which again , I did myself but hadn't had time the last few days to get it posted, but I just happened to log on to VC tonight and seen this accusation, YN1F (Jimmy) you seem to have the situation under control ..... have at it. From now on I will keep ports of your themes for myself and my own use, because this is not the first but the second time you have accused me of something unfounded, therefore you can port and redistribute your own stuff, after this second false accusation I have just lost all respect for you and your work, unlike other themes found here at VC, Night Shift X can be found in drastic similarity to the ORIGINAL works of neiio which I am more than happy to keep alive.

memo
February 24th, 2019, 05:42 AM

Are you for real...? Accusing him without any single evidence?

A Guy
February 24th, 2019, 06:03 AM
When members of long standing who have proved over time their integrity are questioned by someone who just joined to post their unsubstantiated accusations, it's not hard to see who to believe. It further shows the integrity of someone when they could have just removed the post and banned the user.

I've been around long enough to see several theming forums come and go unfortunately, and was a member of several. It wouldn't be the first time that such things happened, but still I hate to see a good persons name sullied.

Hopefully people can see through to the truth

A Guy

Dark Knight
February 24th, 2019, 07:01 AM
When members of long standing who have proved over time their integrity are questioned by someone who just joined to post their unsubstantiated accusations, it's not hard to see who to believe. It further shows the integrity of someone when they could have just removed the post and banned the user.

I've been around long enough to see several theming forums come and go unfortunately, and was a member of several. It wouldn't be the first time that such things happened, but still I hate to see a good persons name sullied.

A Guy

YN1F had been a member here a while back, he posted a lot of work that I liked and respected, unfortunately something happened and he up and removed all of his workings from here and Deviant Art and cancelled his memberships, probably not realizing that people DO download and save this stuff, just because someone posts something with the same errors that you have come upon doesn't mean they are stealing your stuff, I can see if I was claiming the theme as my own or made major changes to it, then he has a gripe, but jeeze give me a break.

YN1F
February 24th, 2019, 08:21 AM
Knight, I never said you "stole" anything from me first off! I'm not the type who goes around worrying about that petty crap. I said that I am taken aback by the fact that you claim to have ported this yourself... A theme-builder knows his own themes!, and I know for a fact that THIS theme, with very specific mistakes in the start-menu, for instance, is the same version that I uploaded over at VSB.

Now, look, you can remove this freaking post or all of my posts if you like. I really don't care tbh. I'm not at all hung-up on these theming sites anymore. I'm almost 52 years old and am involved in much more important things when online. I just happened across this thread today because I wanted to check to see if some of my old friends were still out and about. A few have disappeared and one that I know of has died. So I see this thread and you saying that you ported it, plus I thought I'd share with you all the version I have myself. Used with StartIsBack++ the separators in the context menu look better in my newer version, and there are a couple more little differences that I thought you all might like O'kay.

So whatever, man.

YN1F
February 24th, 2019, 08:29 AM
Are you for real...? Accusing him without any single evidence?

A Guy

Neither one of you have a dog in this, so why even comment? I didn't accuse him of stealing anything... only of being dishonest about porting this theme himself to RS5. And I know what I'm talking about because I know all of the little mistakes and "junk bits" that are in this theme and WHEN they found their way into it!! I'm not going to defend myself to every fanboy of Dark Knight, so this will be my last comment about it. In the big scheme of things I really don't care tbh. I just came on here to clear something up personally with him alone and you guys jump out like a nest of hornets defending your pal. Let grown folks deal with their own situation!

Dark Knight
February 24th, 2019, 09:21 AM
Knight, I never said you "stole" anything from me first off! I'm not the type who goes around worrying about that petty crap. I said that I am taken aback by the fact that you claim to have ported this yourself... A theme-builder knows his own themes!, and I know for a fact that THIS theme, with very specific mistakes in the start-menu, for instance, is the same version that I uploaded over at VSB.

Now, look, you can remove this freaking post or all of my posts if you like. I really don't care tbh. I'm not at all hung-up on these theming sites anymore. I'm almost 52 years old and am involved in much more important things when online. I just happened across this thread today because I wanted to check to see if some of my old friends were still out and about. A few have disappeared and one that I know of has died. So I see this thread and you saying that you ported it, plus I thought I'd share with you all the version I have myself. Used with StartIsBack++ the separators in the context menu look better in my newer version, and there are a couple more little differences that I thought you all might like O'kay.

So whatever, man.

How in the world does it make it YOUR port? all it takes to port any RS2, 3 or 4 theme to RS5 is a swap of the shellstyle.dll, import to WSB, apply the stylehack, save, and you are done, simple, maybe a few tweaks for Windows 10 Dark Mode after, I'm not an idiot, I don't need to take your file to do that.
You are out of your friggin mind, I really don't care what you think where I got it from, because unless you can prove my IP address or login downloaded that same exact file from the Vista Style Builder forum you are nuts, and I can say with the utmost certainty that you cannot, so really all you are doing here is trying to discredit someone that was trying to do something honest.

I ported the theme myself from the theme that I downloaded FROM HERE SOMETIME AGO, that has been on my system hard drive for ALL THAT TIME, MYSELF

YOU DON'T HAVE TO WORRY DUDE, YOUR THEMES WILL DIE WITH YOU, i AM NOT TOUCHING THEM ANYMORE.

Dark Knight
February 24th, 2019, 04:14 PM
I wasn't going to do this but I said to myself, screw it, I am already being accused of taking someone's file with claims to not have ported it myself, I guess maybe because they think I am incapable, a moron, stupid? .... who knows.
This is all because back in November of 2018 they came across the same issues porting this theme that I JUST have over the past week after porting it from RS3 to RS5, so I guess in their mind, common sense tells them I took their file ..... pfft, wow, I guess having the same issues and / or errors just NEVER happens!

Anyway, I have updated this theme to fix the issue of disappearing context menu separators while mousing over, I have had this completed for a few days but did not have the time to upload due to conflicts with work. Please re-download in order to fix the issue.

FYI, this will be the last time I port this theme or anything that YN1F has done, for public use anyway, instead of being grateful that someone ported this theme and credit was given to the original designer, he chose the low road and is trying to claim this port for himself, not gonna happen.

Jeeze, You try and do something nice for someone and they call you incapable of doing it .... LMAO