PDA

View Full Version : Task Bar, Start menu issue on WIN 10

SimianJyhad
February 23rd, 2019, 05:44 AM
after installing Mr.Grims Theme Evolution everything skinned right except the Task bar, the Start menu and the Start Button. if this is a duplicate thread I apologize. This has absolutely stumped me as to why that small bit didnt skin and remained default any suggestions would be appreciated. I am dead certain I did something wrong but can't figure out what.

Nimbi
February 23rd, 2019, 09:28 AM
after installing Mr.Grims Theme Evolution everything skinned right except the Task bar, the Start menu and the Start Button. if this is a duplicate thread I apologize. This has absolutely stumped me as to why that small bit didnt skin and remained default any suggestions would be appreciated. I am dead certain I did something wrong but can't figure out what.

Hello, it looks like [from your screenshot] your using one of the built in StartIsBack skins. To get the taskbar and start menu skinned, you'll need to open up StartIsBackConfig and manually select the skinned start menu and then add the start button to it. My screenshot below shows what you need to do to locate the skinned start menu and taskbar [albeit I'm on a different theme, but the steps are the same].

The skin and start button will differ based on the theme but basically this should help if I'm not mistaken.

Mr GRiM
February 23rd, 2019, 09:32 AM

Right click on the start button and go to properties and make sure you have the correct theme start menu selected, you will also have to add the start button using the plus button on the right side under the taskbar and select it as well, you should find the start button in the theme folder,

SimianJyhad
February 24th, 2019, 08:42 PM
Right click on the start button and go to properties and make sure you have the correct theme start menu selected, you will also have to add the start button using the plus button on the right side under the taskbar and select it as well, you should find the start button in the theme folder, Thanks a million thats got it sorted. I figured I was missing something and I really appreciate your replies EDIT: almost forgot, Mr GRiM I absolutely love your themes! thank you for making them