PDA

View Full Version : Navigation Pane Background!? Not working??? (ProperTree > Background)

JZersche
May 6th, 2019, 02:38 AM
https://i.imgur.com/ApsYL6F.png

This should be in Explorer & Shell > Explorer > ProperTree > Background
But this isn't working. I am using Windows 1809, and VSB 1.5. I am not using any Style Hacks, or Import scripts. I am a newb, and trying to figure this out. Thanks in advance.

JZersche
May 6th, 2019, 05:50 AM
I think I'm starting to understand this now. Another class I was looking for showed up this way. Still not entirely sure how to make new classes and add properties to them, or how all that works yet but..

Dump Classes -> ExplorerNavPane

Under Unknown -> ExplorerNavPane

or, if you use Mr. GriMS 1809 Version of WSB, it's under the Windows section. I''m not using it because it removes some classes.

devillnside
May 7th, 2019, 01:11 PM

But this isn't working. I am using Windows 1809, and VSB 1.5. I am not using any Style Hacks, or Import scripts. I am a newb, and trying to figure this out. Thanks in advance.

Proper tree > Background refers to the navigation pane (treeview) on the left side of the file explorer window
that is the Command Module or Toolbar & Library pane in Windows 7

devillnside
May 7th, 2019, 01:23 PM
I think I'm starting to understand this now. Another class I was looking for showed up this way. Still not entirely sure how to make new classes and add properties to them, or how all that works yet but..

Dump Classes -> ExplorerNavPane

Under Unknown -> ExplorerNavPane

or, if you use Mr. GriMS 1809 Version of WSB, it's under the Windows section. I''m not using it because it removes some classes.

haven't seen any class maps missing, in fact Grim's are the most complete Class Map that I know of, you need to use the latest version of WSB which is 1.5.6.3.. and you dont need to be using the import script but the classmaps depend on the files located here on Mr. GriMS 1809 version:

YOUR WSB FOLDER\Data\Win8.1\

with the files being:

ClassGroups, ClassMap, EnumMap, Properties

JZersche
May 7th, 2019, 10:59 PM
haven't seen any class maps missing, in fact Grim's are the most complete Class Map that I know of, you need to use the latest version of WSB which is 1.5.6.3.. and you dont need to be using the import script but the classmaps depend on the files located here on Mr. GriMS 1809 version:

YOUR WSB FOLDER\Data\Win8.1\

with the files being:

ClassGroups, ClassMap, EnumMap, Properties

Windows and Caption Buttons > Aero > DWM Window > Frames > Details > Glows > CaptionText
>>> 1 - 2 - 3 - 4

is missing in grims 1809 update

I couldn't get Proper tree > Background to work with his version either.

Edit: it is working now, I think I wasn't going under the Windows 10 section before and that was the issue, however

Windows and Caption Buttons > Aero > DWM Window > Frames > Details > Glows > CaptionText
>>> 1 - 2 - 3 - 4

Is still missing in his 1809 version, and i'm using 1.5.6.3

Also, I'm trying to find the hover over color for the text in the navigation pane and can't in either version

devillnside
May 8th, 2019, 12:01 AM
>>> 1 - 2 - 3 - 4

Edit: it is working now, I think I wasn't going under the Windows 10 section before and that was the issue, however

>>> 1 - 2 - 3 - 4

Also, I'm trying to find the hover over color for the text in the navigation pane and can't in either version

hold on.. so i just opened the default aero on windows 10 in wsb & turns out that it does not have that class map & just like you said

Windows and Caption Buttons > Aero > DWM Window > Frames > Details > Glows > Text >

& then nothing.. so it's my bad .. sorry for setting you off on a wild goose chase mate.. guessing this only exists in imported themes from w7-w10

Mr GRiM
May 8th, 2019, 06:03 AM
>>> 1 - 2 - 3 - 4

>>> 1 - 2 - 3 - 4

Those states were removed because they are no longer relevant in Windows 10.

For the hover color try Windows 10 Dark Mode > Explorer & Shell > Explorer > TreeView > TreeItem > Hot

JZersche
May 8th, 2019, 03:59 PM
That makes sense. I find those classes are useless anyway. TreeItem Hot didn't make a difference.

It does change the items but the hover color remains unaffected. I've tried going through everything with a search of select as well and could only get this far.

https://i.imgur.com/FJuZh4e.png

Somebody suggested I alter those classes them when attempting to change the titlebar color/style, But the titlebar color is altered with the .theme file. I''m not sure how people modify the way it actually looks in VSB, but I''d like to know

Mr GRiM
May 10th, 2019, 02:31 AM
That makes sense. I find those classes are useless anyway. TreeItem Hot didn't make a difference.

It does change the items but the hover color remains unaffected. I've tried going through everything with a search of select as well and could only get this far.

https://i.imgur.com/FJuZh4e.png

Somebody suggested I alter those classes them when attempting to change the titlebar color/style, But the titlebar color is altered with the .theme file. I''m not sure how people modify the way it actually looks in VSB, but I''d like to know

If you have white text color in "Windows 10 Dark Mode > Explorer & Shell > Explorer > DarkMode Explorer Nav Pane" the selected and hot selected color will not change when focused

JZersche
May 10th, 2019, 11:14 PM
If you have white text color in "Windows 10 Dark Mode > Explorer & Shell > Explorer > DarkMode Explorer Nav Pane" the selected and hot selected color will not change when focused

That's true, I'm just looking for a way to do it without Dark Mode enabled. There are themes on DeviantArt that you literally just apply the theme and Whether Dark Mode is on or not is irrelevant.

Losarocslt
August 11th, 2019, 11:14 AM

Hi everybody ! First post here. I'm still looking to change that background, did you find out where it was ?