PDA

View Full Version : Problem with dark themes in Office

ChronoWerX
May 22nd, 2019, 05:13 AM
Hi,

I hope you can help me. I love dark themes, but in Office I have the problem, that the standard colors are changed and the documents or excel sheets are unusable. Thanks

82499 82500

Donkuz
May 22nd, 2019, 10:17 AM
Gday Mate, Have you tryed turning Dark Mode Off in Color Settings while you use Exel ?
I Dont know if it will Help but its worth a try, I hope so :peace:Cheerz!!

ChronoWerX
May 22nd, 2019, 10:27 AM
Yes I tried it, but it doesn't work :(

Donkuz
May 22nd, 2019, 04:15 PM
Yes I tried it, but it doesn't work :(Bummer Maybe for the time being just roll back to a Default theme while your working on excel untill we can find a fix for it. It maybe just a glich in the text of the Theme you are using
and is not compatable with Excel, is The Task Manager the same ? also have you tryed another 3rd party theme with it?:cool2:

ChronoWerX
May 22nd, 2019, 08:15 PM
All the same, only HUD Machine light was working

Mr GRiM
May 23rd, 2019, 02:23 AM

This has always been the case with most dark themes, if you change the the window and window text colors in the system metrics of a theme it will change the colors in office, this was the main reason I made the light versions of my themes, unfortunately you will not find any other dark themes that will address this problem, instead most will just say to use the default theme while using office.

Another alternative theme you can try is my Windows 10 Black edition theme, it also has light versions to give better compatibility.

Donkuz
May 23rd, 2019, 03:00 AM
Have you tyried using the High Contrast settings with Excel? I have seen this Issue before some of the New Dark Mode themes dont play nice with some programs, they work great with personal and gaming pc's if you only use them for personal use, but Office Works not so much, I can only suggest you maybe create another account just for Working in Default Mode or just roll back to a Default theme while you use Excel or any Office apps untill we find a solution for this issue.

devillnside
May 23rd, 2019, 05:27 AM

you need to switch to a light theme while working with any office documents otherwise you'll always end up having the same problem... switch to a light theme, finish your work & switch back to your dark theme when done

ChronoWerX
May 23rd, 2019, 05:52 AM
Thx, but upgrading to 1903 will break this theme too :(

Mr GRiM
May 23rd, 2019, 05:54 AM
Here you go mate, the updated HUD Machine Blue theme you requested in the PM

sxb36
June 16th, 2019, 07:27 AM

19Mike73
August 5th, 2019, 11:00 AM
I found that to be an issue with all dark themes too, then I found a modder that seems to have a work around. As seen in the image. I'm not sure how its done though!

innuendo
August 5th, 2019, 09:18 PM
I don't use Office but I was wondering if that screen only uses a custom style.. looks very close to default dark mode and reminds me some qttabbar settings for navpane color.