PDA

View Full Version : Windows 10 1903 pathed flies by Mr. GriM

AlphaUMi
May 22nd, 2019, 06:46 PM
I have updated Windows to version 1903, I've tried UltraUXTheme, and prevoius patched dll files. Problem is that i cannot find the link to the "new" Mr. GriM pachted files. I would ask for a link, please.

My themes (all my themes, downloaded from here) got a blank bakgroung, even the system tray,

Mr GRiM
May 23rd, 2019, 02:25 AM
Give me a few mate, going to update my VM and make sure it all works fine and I will share it with you, will also have to make some new import scripts and update all the class maps for WSB to incorporate the new light mode

Mr GRiM
May 23rd, 2019, 06:01 AM
OK here is the updated shellstyle.dll, there may still be issues if the theme has not been updated for at least 1809

AlphaUMi
May 23rd, 2019, 11:12 AM
Thank you mate! Very appreciated!

Kherici
May 24th, 2019, 10:49 AM
Thanks bro !

Nimbi
May 24th, 2019, 05:29 PM
OK here is the updated shellstyle.dll, there may still be issues if the theme has not been updated for at least 1809

Yo, awesome work, I've updated my themes with this and mostly they work fine. However, icons in file explorer only show up in details view, tiles view, and "partially" in content view... which is kinda offputting since I don't really use those views often.... not sure what's going on there, tbh. I normally use small icons view and medium icons view but small, medium, large, extra large, and list view don't seem to work with this shell mod.

Also, yes I'm also on Windows 10 1903 RS6 now

Mr GRiM
May 25th, 2019, 12:09 AM
Yo, awesome work, I've updated my themes with this and mostly they work fine. However, icons in file explorer only show up in details view, tiles view, and "partially" in content view... which is kinda offputting since I don't really use those views often.... not sure what's going on there, tbh. I normally use small icons view and medium icons view but small, medium, large, extra large, and list view don't seem to work with this shell mod.

Also, yes I'm also on Windows 10 1903 RS6 now

Can you post some screens of that please and also the version number, the build I tested on is 18362.116, I did download the Windows upgrade tool to make sure this was the release build so hopefully it is.

Nimbi
May 25th, 2019, 12:58 PM
Can you post some screens of that please and also the version number, the build I tested on is 18362.116, I did download the Windows upgrade tool to make sure this was the release build so hopefully it is.

Yo so just went to take those screenshots and now all of a sudden it's working perfectly. I don't know what changed but the issue appears to have fixed itself for the time being. If it shows up again I'll be sure to get those screenshots for you.

But yes, the build is:

Microsoft Windows
Version 1903 (OS Build 18362.116)

---EDIT---

well hell it's doing it again... here are those screenshots I promised....

Nimbi
May 26th, 2019, 12:41 PM
Went ahead and edited the aero shellstyle with the files from the Radeon - Join the Rebellion RS5 shellsdtyle.dll and the issue is fixed. Only issue now is this lol

Look like I'll just have to wait for an RS6 version of the Affixus theme to edit into the updated Radeon - Join the Rebellion theme lmao xD

Mr GRiM
May 26th, 2019, 10:17 PM
Went ahead and edited the aero shellstyle with the files from the Radeon - Join the Rebellion RS5 shellsdtyle.dll and the issue is fixed. Only issue now is this lol

Look like I'll just have to wait for an RS6 version of the Affixus theme to edit into the updated Radeon - Join the Rebellion theme lmao xD

I have already fixed this issue, I posted a fixed one on the Updated WSB class maps thread but here it is again for you.

Nimbi
May 27th, 2019, 10:51 AM
I have already fixed this issue, I posted a fixed one on the Updated WSB class maps thread but here it is again for you.

Oh, ok ty. I must not have noticed it, lol.

Maximz
August 19th, 2019, 03:18 AM
windows ended up updating me to 1903 last night i didnt check my pc till like an hour ago and the theme i've been using from Mr grim broke i've managed to fix most of it except for the white in the menu (and as i took a screenshot i noticed some more white menu stuff), i thought the shell thing that you posted earlier would fix it but it didnt unless im doing something wrong however it did fix the icons (cause i was having an issue with those)

Donkuz
August 19th, 2019, 05:03 AM
windows ended up updating me to 1903 last night i didnt check my pc till like an hour ago and the theme i've been using from Mr grim broke i've managed to fix most of it except for the white in the menu (and as i took a screenshot i noticed some more white menu stuff), i thought the shell thing that you posted earlier would fix it but it didnt unless im doing something wrong however it did fix the icons (cause i was having an issue with those)

83860Gday Maximz, Changing the shell wont fix it, you have to either Change the Shell and then import the theme to 1903 or use a theme Compatible with 1903, The new update offers Dark and light mode now and the themes for it must be Compatible for the System. Also you need to update your Themepatcher and StartisBack Mr GRiM has Imported some his HUD themes for this already and can be located here
https://virtualcustoms.net/forumdisplay.php/1286-Themes-for-Windows-10-May-2019-Update-%28Version-1903%29
I Hope this helps, Lemme know how you go :peace:Cheerz!!

Maximz
August 19th, 2019, 04:24 PM
Gday Maximz, Changing the shell wont fix it, you have to either Change the Shell and then import the theme to 1903 or use a theme Compatible with 1903, The new update offers Dark and light mode now and the themes for it must be Compatible for the System. Also you need to update your Themepatcher and StartisBack Mr GRiM has Imported some his HUD themes for this already and can be located here
https://virtualcustoms.net/forumdisplay.php/1286-Themes-for-Windows-10-May-2019-Update-%28Version-1903%29
I Hope this helps, Lemme know how you go :peace:Cheerz!!

hmm im not entirely sure how i would do that then, so i would have to delete the theme i already have on the computer replace the shell and then re-install the theme? where would i put the new shell? sorry kinda need a bit of a step by step also i updated my startisback and ultrauxthemepatcher

ミறѳѳղղįզվદ彡
August 19th, 2019, 10:48 PM
hmm im not entirely sure how i would do that then, so i would have to delete the theme i already have on the computer replace the shell and then re-install the theme? where would i put the new shell? sorry kinda need a bit of a step by step also i updated my startisback and ultrauxthemepatcher
delete your old theme from c/windows/resources/themes directory
download and copy/paste new theme for w10 1903
https://virtualcustoms.net/forumdisplay.php/1286-Themes-for-Windows-10-May-2019-Update-%28Version-1903%29 (https://virtualcustoms.net/forumdisplay.php/1286-Themes-for-Windows-10-May-2019-Update-%28Version-1903%29)
install ultrauxtheme patcher
update startisback and run your new theme

Maximz
August 19th, 2019, 11:26 PM
delete your old theme from c/windows/resources/themes directory
download and copy/paste new theme for w10 1903
https://virtualcustoms.net/forumdisplay.php/1286-Themes-for-Windows-10-May-2019-Update-%28Version-1903%29 (https://virtualcustoms.net/forumdisplay.php/1286-Themes-for-Windows-10-May-2019-Update-%28Version-1903%29)
install ultrauxtheme patcher
update startisback and run your new theme

ahhh i see but that means i wont be using the HudMachine Green theme :( which i really like. donkuz was saying "you have to either Change the Shell and then import the theme to 1903 OR use a theme Compatible with 1903" how would i change the shell and then import the theme to 1903?

ミறѳѳղղįզվદ彡
August 19th, 2019, 11:34 PM
ahhh i see but that means i wont be using the HudMachine Green theme :( which i really like. donkuz was saying "you have to either Change the Shell and then import the theme to 1903 OR use a theme Compatible with 1903" how would i change the shell and then import the theme to 1903?
here is:Smile:

Maximz
August 19th, 2019, 11:46 PM
here is:Smile:

OH i didnt even see it there THANK YOU <3