View Full Version : X-Spectral for Windows 10 1903

devillnside
June 13th, 2019, 02:57 AM
X-Spectral
Theme for Windows 10 1903 Builds

Supports 100% scaling settings only

Updated to version 1.1
Changelog:
Fixed dark mode immersive menu item highlight margins.
Fixed SiB start orbs position on taskbar.
Fixed window minimize/help button margins.

How To:
You'll need your system patched with UXThemePatcher.

UltraUXThemePatcher:
https://www.syssel.net/hoefs/software_uxtheme.php?lang=en

You'll also need 'StartIsBack' to apply the start menu & taskbar style & 'OldNewExplorer' for windows explorer to look exactly like it is in the screenshot.

StartIsBack:
https://www.startisback.com/

OldNewExplorer:
https://msfn.org/board/topic/170375-oldnewexplorer-118/

Installation:
a)Extract the contents of the 'Theme' folder & copy them to:
C:\Windows\Resources\Themes
b)From Personalization, select & apply the theme.

Additional:
Check the 'SIB Settings' screenshots included in the zip for theme specific settings in StartIsBack.

Extras:
Spectral Logon/Lockscreens in 1920x1080 & 2560x1440 resolutions.

Enjoy.

Download:

Ultimitmale
June 13th, 2019, 12:21 PM
This would be an awsome core to a Battlefield 1/2/3/4/5 etc theme :gun:

Nimbi
June 15th, 2019, 02:00 AM
X-Spectral
Theme for Windows 10 1903 Builds

Supports 100% scaling settings only

Updated to version 1.1
Changelog:
Fixed dark mode immersive menu item highlight margins.
Fixed SiB start orbs position on taskbar.
Fixed window minimize/help button margins.

How To:
You'll need your system patched with UXThemePatcher.

UltraUXThemePatcher:
https://www.syssel.net/hoefs/software_uxtheme.php?lang=en

You'll also need 'StartIsBack' to apply the start menu & taskbar style & 'OldNewExplorer' for windows explorer to look exactly like it is in the screenshot.

StartIsBack:
https://www.startisback.com/

OldNewExplorer:
https://msfn.org/board/topic/170375-oldnewexplorer-118/

Installation:
a)Extract the contents of the 'Theme' folder & copy them to:
C:\Windows\Resources\Themes
b)From Personalization, select & apply the theme.

Additional:
Check the 'SIB Settings' screenshots included in the zip for theme specific settings in StartIsBack.

Extras:
Spectral Logon/Lockscreens in 1920x1080 & 2560x1440 resolutions.

Enjoy.

Download:

This is AWESOME!!! I would LOVE to see a desaturated version of this!

Jotech
June 15th, 2019, 04:40 AM
looks gr8 will try it. thanks

Donkuz
June 15th, 2019, 06:05 AM
Wow you have been busy Mate, another Great theme for 19H1. I better update all my Themes too or they might get left behind
Thanks for Sharing Bro:Peace:Cheerz!!

devillnside
June 15th, 2019, 04:41 PM
This is AWESOME!!! I would LOVE to see a desaturated version of this!

i like that idea mate... ill get on it when i have some spare time

devillnside
June 15th, 2019, 05:10 PM
Wow you have been busy Mate, another Great theme for 19H1. I better update all my Themes too or they might get left behind
Thanks for Sharing Bro:Peace:Cheerz!!

thanks mate

Mike Loeven
August 12th, 2019, 12:55 AM
Would it be possible to tweak the design of the alternate start menu so that we have a visible input. when you cant see what your typing into the start menu its impossible to notice and correct typos without starting over. This effects the start is back preset

devillnside
August 14th, 2019, 03:00 AM
Would it be possible to tweak the design of the alternate start menu so that we have a visible input. when you cant see what your typing into the start menu its impossible to notice and correct typos without starting over. This effects the start is back preset

if i do it the start menu will not have that hover effect on top of the taskbar

Nimbi
August 14th, 2019, 05:09 PM
Great port! Question though, did you ever get around to making an X-Spectral Desaturated version? I remember at some point there was a discussion of color changes where I mention a desaturated version and you seemed to like the idea, but I don't remember if it ever got made. If so, I would love to see a 1903 port of the Desaturated version. :Peace:

devillnside
August 14th, 2019, 09:37 PM
Great port! Question though, did you ever get around to making an X-Spectral Desaturated version? I remember at some point there was a discussion of color changes where I mention a desaturated version and you seemed to like the idea, but I don't remember if it ever got made. If so, I would love to see a 1903 port of the Desaturated version. :Peace:

no i didn't get around to getting it done... i'm currently working on something with moonnique, i'll get on that when this is done!!!

Mike Loeven
August 15th, 2019, 12:43 AM
Any chance of getting some color variations on this theme as well personally would love to see a version with green accents which would go well on my other laptop

devillnside
August 18th, 2019, 07:14 PM
Any chance of getting some color variations on this theme as well personally would love to see a version with green accents which would go well on my other laptop

if i get some spare time maybe i can get it done then

Mike Loeven
August 20th, 2019, 02:20 PM
Having a small issue involving outlook 2013. Seems as though the orange on black theme is being applied to the message body inconsistently. while composing and html format emails work fine I am getting a large number of email messages in my inbox that are getting black text on black background. Are you familiar with this issue and is there any way to force outlook to use default colors instead of applying the theme ?

devillnside
August 20th, 2019, 03:34 PM
Having a small issue involving outlook 2013. Seems as though the orange on black theme is being applied to the message body inconsistently. while composing and html format emails work fine I am getting a large number of email messages in my inbox that are getting black text on black background. Are you familiar with this issue and is there any way to force outlook to use default colors instead of applying the theme ?

forcing outlook to use default colours?? no, nothing that i'm aware of but black text on black background is surprising!! i'll check if i missed something on my end!!!

Mike Loeven
August 20th, 2019, 03:39 PM
forcing outlook to use default colours?? no, nothing that i'm aware of but black text on black background is surprising!! i'll check if i missed something on my end!!!

It only effects some incoming messages so It seems like it may be the sender using black instead of automatic for the text color but leaving the background color automatic. A way to just always use white background in outlook message body would be the optimal solution

devillnside
August 20th, 2019, 04:06 PM
It only effects some incoming messages so It seems like it may be the sender using black instead of automatic for the text color but leaving the background color automatic. A way to just always use white background in outlook message body would be the optimal solution

i'm not sure if it's possible while using a dark theme but if it can be done at all to begin with then maybe Mr GRiM (http://virtualcustoms.net/member.php/1-Mr-GRiM) can help with this

azzasalo
September 15th, 2019, 10:45 PM
seria alguien tan amable de editar este tema y hacerlo con las secciones del explorador blanco, ya que el negro me daƱa la vista, pero me gustaria mucho poder usarlo, gracias

Translated

It would be someone so kind to edit this topic and do it with the sections of the white explorer, since the black one damages my eyesight, but I would very much like to be able to use it, thanks