PDA

View Full Version : Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 10 TH2 import to Windows 10 19H1 1903

Mr GRiM
July 6th, 2019, 12:05 AM
Windows 8 to Windows 10 TH2 import to Windows 10 19H1 1903

Important, do not use this to update any themes newer then Windows 10 TH2, for newer themes go here Windows 10 19H1 1903 Updated ClassMaps and Import Scripts (https://virtualcustoms.net/showthread.php/83569-Windows-10-19H1-1903-Updated-ClassMaps-and-Import-Scripts?p=342735#post342735)

This update allows you to update themes from Windows 8 and onwards up to Windows 10 TH2 to the latest Windows 10 1903 19H1.

Update your theme by using the following instructions.

For updating a Windows 7 theme to Windows 10 19H1 first use the Windows Style Builder 7-10 TH2 version to update the theme to TH2

1. Open the folder called "Windows Style Builder 7-10 TH2"

2. Open the WSB Program.

3. Go to File > Open > Import 7 Theme and Import the Windows 7 theme you want to update.

4. Save your updated theme, do not test the theme or apply any fix and then proceed to the following steps.

Update your Windows 8 - Window 10 TH2 theme by following these steps

1. Open the folder called "Windows Style Builder TH2 - 19H1 1903"

2. Open the WSB Program.

3. Go to File > Open > Import 7 Theme and Import the theme you want to update.

4. Select Import Style Hack and select "Windows 10 1903 Import Fix" (Very important!!, do not miss this step!!)

5. You can now test your Theme and make sure it has imported correctly and does not give you any msstyles errors.

6. Save your updated theme and you're done.

Enjoy :smile:

Don't forget to replace the shell folder with the updated one, if you are going to save the updated theme in the same folder then replace the shell folder before you update the theme.

Added new Windows Style Builder 7-10 TH2, this version will allow you to import themes from Windows 7 to TH2 but added the parts for 19H1 and retains more of the original theme then the old 7-10TH2, the old one sort of worked but the themes got a bit messed up, there is still one issue with this version though, after the import the Aero Peak background can get messed up, it does not seem to happen with all themes though, just export the one from the original Windows 7 theme then import it to the updated theme.

Disclaimer, I am not responsible for any one trying out these scripts or for anyone who bricks their system, these are experimental and should be used on a Virtual machine for your safety.

Mr GRiM
July 6th, 2019, 02:36 PM
Anyone tried this out yet, how did you go, was there any issues?

Erin
July 7th, 2019, 12:32 AM
All images in my W8 themes are very big & very big sizing, so I've got an "msstyles error". But I've tried deleting all those images (for testing purpose) and VOILĂ€: IT WORKS!!!!

You've done a splendid work, as always!!!!! Big thanks :loving::loving:!!!!!

Erin
July 8th, 2019, 09:29 PM
Anyone tried this out yet, how did you go, was there any issues?

I'm still learning :

devillnside
July 8th, 2019, 10:17 PM
Windows 8 to Windows 10 TH2 import to Windows 10 19H1 1903

suppose i imported a windows 7 theme to windows 10 th2, using your previous import script, can i use this then to import that theme to 1903?

Mr GRiM
July 10th, 2019, 04:38 AM
suppose i imported a windows 7 theme to windows 10 th2, using your previous import script, can i use this then to import that theme to 1903?

Yeah it sort of works, I have been trying to make a version to direct import 7 themes as well but I keep ending up with a black screen, I will keep trying though and see if I can figure it out.

Mr GRiM
July 10th, 2019, 04:39 AM
I'm still learning :

Nice work Erin, looks like you have had some good results.

Mr GRiM
July 11th, 2019, 09:45 PM

I have posted an updated Windows Style Builder 7-10 TH2 version that will work with this to update Windows 7 themes to 19H1, follow the guide and read the information regarding the impopt, you will still need to fix some other parts though like the navigation buttons and immersive context menus, I added some style scripts to make it easier, there are 2 scripts, one to coppyt the old context menu to immersive context menu and another that will coppy the immersive context menu to the light and dark immersive context menus.

devillnside
July 11th, 2019, 10:59 PM
I have posted an updated Windows Style Builder 7-10 TH2 version that will work with this to update Windows 7 themes to 19H1, follow the guide and read the information regarding the impopt, you will still need to fix some other parts though like the navigation buttons and immersive context menus, I added some style scripts to make it easier, there are 2 scripts, one to coppyt the old context menu to immersive context menu and another that will coppy the immersive context menu to the light and dark immersive context menus.

this is epic!!! thanks mate ... this is gonna make my life a lot easier when importing my win 7 themes to 1903!! good looking out!!!

Erin
July 14th, 2019, 04:54 PM
Nice work Erin, looks like you have had some good results.

PERFECT Mr Grim !!!!:superman:

I've just tried your 7-10 TH2, and followed your instructions for porting original W7 Theme SteelFlash: All went like a charm :peace:. Big-big thanks :loving:!!!

Mr GRiM
July 14th, 2019, 09:17 PM
PERFECT Mr Grim !!!!:superman:

I've just tried your 7-10 TH2, and followed your instructions for porting original W7 Theme SteelFlash: All went like a charm :peace:. Big-big thanks :loving:!!!

Nice work, if you want to remove that grey bar behind the the address bar add BGTYPE::NONE to the following.

Windows 10 Dark Mode > Toolbars, Headers, & Rebar > Rebar > NavBar > Aero > Normal > Active
Windows 10 Dark Mode > Toolbars, Headers, & Rebar > Rebar > NavBar > Aero > Normal > Inactive
Windows 10 Dark Mode > Toolbars, Headers, & Rebar > Rebar > NavBar > Aero > Max > Active
Windows 10 Dark Mode > Toolbars, Headers, & Rebar > Rebar > NavBar > Aero > Max > Inactive

Erin
July 14th, 2019, 10:06 PM
Nice work, if you want to remove that grey bar behind the the address bar add BGTYPE::NONE to the following.

Windows 10 Dark Mode > Toolbars, Headers, & Rebar > Rebar > NavBar > Aero > Normal > Active
Windows 10 Dark Mode > Toolbars, Headers, & Rebar > Rebar > NavBar > Aero > Normal > Inactive
Windows 10 Dark Mode > Toolbars, Headers, & Rebar > Rebar > NavBar > Aero > Max > Active
Windows 10 Dark Mode > Toolbars, Headers, & Rebar > Rebar > NavBar > Aero > Max > Inactive

Done!!! This is much better :happy:

Thanks a million, Mr Grim :loving:!!!!

Nimbi
July 15th, 2019, 06:45 AM
I'm trying to get it to work by porting Edge for windows 7 over. got it to go through but now i'm getting an Error with the MSSTYLES. At least it didn't black screen this time, lol.

---EDIT----

Me and my big mouth... right when I say it didn't black screen my system, it goes and makes a liar out of me.... thank heaven for Safe Mode..... I think I'm just not going to bother porting Windows 7 themes over until I have enough RAM to run a proper VM. Then I'm just going to install WSB into that. My last attempt proved my RAM is too small for a VM.

July 21st, 2019, 06:00 AM
Thank you. This is very useful!

leowall
September 1st, 2019, 04:20 AM
Please help me, I upgrade my win7 classic theme to 10 1903 but have error.

Si I upgrade my win7 classic theme to win10 TH2 with guide here https://virtualcustoms.net/showthread.php/70828-Custom-Class-Maps-and-Import-Scripts-for-Windows-10-TH2-RS1 it work good on 10 TH2

I continue update 10 Th2 classic theme to 10 1903 but still error.

Please help me update my win7 classic theme to win 10 1903.

This my win 7 classic theme I have port to win 10 TH2 and win 10 1903 error: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1AwEoLQL84Qxg_EJmh7LlWA7vkbMBfi1A/view?usp=sharing

Thank you so much!

Erin
September 1st, 2019, 04:26 PM
Please help me, I upgrade my win7 classic theme to 10 1903 but have error.

Si I upgrade my win7 classic theme to win10 TH2 with guide here https://virtualcustoms.net/showthread.php/70828-Custom-Class-Maps-and-Import-Scripts-for-Windows-10-TH2-RS1 it work good on 10 TH2

I continue update 10 Th2 classic theme to 10 1903 but still error.

Please help me update my win7 classic theme to win 10 1903.

This my win 7 classic theme I have port to win 10 TH2 and win 10 1903 error: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1AwEoLQL84Qxg_EJmh7LlWA7vkbMBfi1A/view?usp=sharing

Thank you so much!

If you can get the original W7 theme. I think it may be better to port the theme right away to 1903

leowall
September 2nd, 2019, 12:35 AM
If you can get the original W7 theme. I think it may be better to port the theme right away to 1903

Thank you! Original win7 theme here https://drive.google.com/file/d/12Nkboks7ivoYU2LMnWIWjYUGeBEAXDvc/view?usp=sharing

Erin
September 2nd, 2019, 04:29 PM
Thank you! Original win7 theme here https://drive.google.com/file/d/12Nkboks7ivoYU2LMnWIWjYUGeBEAXDvc/view?usp=sharing

You're Welcome leowall (https://virtualcustoms.net/member.php/296730-leowall) :Smile:

Test this msstyle with this Shell.dll, please. It Works fine for me:

leowall
September 3rd, 2019, 03:13 AM
You're Welcome leowall (https://virtualcustoms.net/member.php/296730-leowall) :Smile:

Test this msstyle with this Shell.dll, please. It Works fine for me:

Thank you very much! :loving:

Erin
September 3rd, 2019, 09:40 PM
You're welcome! :Smile:

carolo
February 27th, 2020, 12:41 AM
The windows style bulder we have to buy licence?

Robbo
February 27th, 2020, 07:45 AM
The windows style bulder we have to buy licence?

Yes it requires you to pay for a licence, this is from the website A license key for Windows Style Builder can be purchased for €25,00 (ex per-country specific VAT)

Oufai
May 29th, 2020, 06:58 PM
now the latest Windows 10 update is 1909 -2020 is there is any update for your tool I am looking for update some old themes and thanks

devillnside
June 13th, 2020, 09:39 PM
@ Mr GRiM : i just used it for the first time to import a theme from win 7 to th2 to 1903.. & it worked perfect!!! thanks mate!! i used to do this same procedure except with your previous import scripts & that used to leave me a lot of things to clean up & fix .. for example the windows 7 aero start menu never imported right & i would end up having the basic start menu images on both the aero tree & the basic tree & if the basic tree images & all properties were not removed it would always throw a error... you just saved me a ton of work... awesome !!!!!:happy::Peace:daman:beautiful::givahand:

poweredbyostx
September 11th, 2020, 12:52 AM
Thanks a lot fro your work and share.

didi49
May 13th, 2021, 08:16 PM
hi

I have purchased Alienware Eclipse Win8-8.1 by Mr Blade on his website.
I wanted to port theme for Windows 10 20H2 + with this thread but I have an Error Testing MsStyles File after operation describein this post when I want to test in WSB.

Idem when i just test the originale msstyles file.

In real fact, just the mouse cursor and icon works.The Start menu, taskbar, Windows frame and Start Is Back do not work.

I have test this topic too :
https://virtualcustoms.net/showthrea...ows-10-TH2-RS1
Windows 8 to Windows 10 RS1

1. Open the folder called "Windows Style Builder 8-10 RS1"

2. Open the WSB Program.

3. Go to File > Open > Import 7 Theme

4. Open the the Windows 8 Theme you want to import and do not save.

5. Select Import Style Hack and select "10 Import Fix" (Very important!!, will have white flashing screen if this step is missed)

6. Save your theme and then reopen it, then save it once more and your done.

but i have error too when i test the theme on WSB

Any help to ported this theme is very appreciate

arbs
May 21st, 2021, 12:53 PM
Where do I get a WSB license ?

kotzfresse
June 19th, 2021, 12:36 PM
https://www.vistastylebuilder.com/download.html#download

souza13alex
August 30th, 2021, 06:48 AM
Thanks so much for the link!

kotzfresse
September 2nd, 2021, 10:04 PM
I finally got my so long loved theme which I discovered in the era of Windows 2008 R2 back to Windows 10.
I want to thank you all for the big impact you've leaved behind.
I tried most of the guides withing this forum but without to get a usable SiB Skin or windows Style back.
With this guide sometzhing has changed.

I've ported the Soft 7 2.0 Skin back to TH2 and then to the last windows - foolish to don't try this way as first because I mentioned this is the difficilter one.
I decided to use the Softglass 10 Style which I used after changing to Windows 10 but the Anniversarsy Style seems to have something inside it which made it not possible to work. But today and with this import script the TH2 Version of that skin could be ported.

If someone is interested to do - I'm feeling lucky with Soft 7 and hope I get in contact with the developer to re-release it
Again thanks to you all for the great journey :-)

Best wishes