PDA

View Full Version : Edit the quick access toolbar icons and separators?

Radu97
November 9th, 2019, 06:22 PM
It seems like there is no way to change the red marked icons using WSB, am I missing something?

Nimbi
November 11th, 2019, 05:48 PM
It seems like there is no way to change the red marked icons using WSB, am I missing something?

You know what, considering they're in an area that is modded by Old New Explorer, I think there's probably a shellstyle dll file or something that those are located in. You might need to use Resource Hacker instead of WSB. Sorry I didn't think of this sooner. You'll need to find the specific DLL file they are located in and edit it with Resource Hacker.

Once that's done you might need to use 7tsp to apply the edited files as they might be in areas that may break if you manually apply the edited files.

Radu97
November 11th, 2019, 06:50 PM
You know what, considering they're in an area that is modded by Old New Explorer, I think there's probably a shellstyle dll file or something that those are located in. You might need to use Resource Hacker instead of WSB. Sorry I didn't think of this sooner. You'll need to find the specific DLL file they are located in and edit it with Resource Hacker.

Once that's done you might need to use 7tsp to apply the edited files as they might be in areas that may break if you manually apply the edited files.

I was thinking the same, it should be located into system32 I guess, am I right?

ミறѳѳղղįզվદ彡
November 11th, 2019, 08:03 PM

I was thinking the same, it should be located into system32 I guess, am I right?
remember if you are using OldNewExplorer any changes in the System32 and SysWOW64 do not have affect on your new commands and edits

Radu97
November 11th, 2019, 09:00 PM
remember if you are using OldNewExplorer any changes in the System32 and SysWOW64 do not have affect on your new commands and edits

I'm not using a OldNewExplorer, it should be the windows 8 default one, I never made changes to it.
I also checked the shellstyle.dll file with resource hacker but couldn't find both option down arrow and separator icon.

Nimbi
November 11th, 2019, 09:53 PM
I'm not using a OldNewExplorer, it should be the windows 8 default one, I never made changes to it.
I also checked the shellstyle.dll file with resource hacker but couldn't find both option down arrow and separator icon.

Yeah I'm not sure which dll file it is but i know it's one of the them because Old New Explorer modifies a DLL file to remove those. But yeah without Old New Explorer you'll have to find the specific DLL file and modify it manually is what I meant. Unfortunately I don't know just which DLL file it is.

I think றѳѳղղįqվદ® (https://virtualcustoms.net/member.php/175485-%E0%AE%B1%D1%B3%D1%B3%D5%B2%D5%B2%C4%AFq%D5%BE%E0%AA%A6%C2%AE) might though as she has made an edited version of Old New Explorer.

--EDIT--
Oh, she's already respnding to you. and here i was tryna figure out how to tag you றѳѳղղįqվદ® (https://virtualcustoms.net/member.php/175485-%E0%AE%B1%D1%B3%D1%B3%D5%B2%D5%B2%C4%AFq%D5%BE%E0%AA%A6%C2%AE)lmao

Radu97
November 12th, 2019, 04:18 PM
Yeah I'm not sure which dll file it is but i know it's one of the them because Old New Explorer modifies a DLL file to remove those. But yeah without Old New Explorer you'll have to find the specific DLL file and modify it manually is what I meant. Unfortunately I don't know just which DLL file it is.

I think றѳѳղղįqվદ® (https://virtualcustoms.net/member.php/175485-%E0%AE%B1%D1%B3%D1%B3%D5%B2%D5%B2%C4%AFq%D5%BE%E0%AA%A6%C2%AE) might though as she has made an edited version of Old New Explorer.

--EDIT--
Oh, she's already respnding to you. and here i was tryna figure out how to tag you றѳѳղղįqվદ® (https://virtualcustoms.net/member.php/175485-%E0%AE%B1%D1%B3%D1%B3%D5%B2%D5%B2%C4%AFq%D5%BE%E0%AA%A6%C2%AE)lmao
So i should install OldNewExplorer meanwhile and try to figuring out which .dll gets edited?

Nimbi
November 12th, 2019, 09:27 PM
So i should install OldNewExplorer meanwhile and try to figuring out which .dll gets edited?

I'm not sure if that will help tbh. From what I can tell Old New Exploer has some of it's own DLLs as well that it injects but from what I'm told it also edits one of the DLLs to make the chagnes so I'm not sure if it will be as easy. But it's worth a try to install it on a VM and compare DLL's until you find the one that's different. That way you wont' have to log off between checking each DLL.

Radu97
November 13th, 2019, 04:40 PM
I'm not sure if that will help tbh. From what I can tell Old New Exploer has some of it's own DLLs as well that it injects but from what I'm told it also edits one of the DLLs to make the chagnes so I'm not sure if it will be as easy. But it's worth a try to install it on a VM and compare DLL's until you find the one that's different. That way you wont' have to log off between checking each DLL.
Well, I tried oldnewexplorer on a virtual machine, but the .dll files like shellstyle, shell32 are the same after installing it.
I compared them with HxD

Nimbi
November 14th, 2019, 03:49 AM
Well, I tried oldnewexplorer on a virtual machine, but the .dll files like shellstyle, shell32 are the same after installing it.
I compared them with HxD

hmmm.... might have to figure out where those specific images are located then.... If they are editable at all they have to be somwehre. If it's not those DLLs then it's another one somewhere. Sorry I think this may be a queston for tihiy.

ZackJones
November 18th, 2020, 08:44 AM
I guess there are no Windows 8 users left now, or am I wrong?