PDA

View Full Version : [TIP] How to change Notification tray icon color

innuendo
November 20th, 2019, 08:09 AM
Hi all ( and Donkuz specially :Smug:as I saw his request few days ago somewhere )

Here is how you can change notification icon and sound volume too without hack , although it is a bit tricky ....This is the way I found on my own but be aware you have to stick with windows text font color you choose for. It will set the navigation pane items and for some other parts to that color without changing the whole system one.

1) Pick a choosen color for windows text in WSB ( Fonts, Colors, & System Metrics > Fonts & System Metrics ) you want to apply to this icon
2) go to windows settings and color , set LIGHT mode for windows mode whatever app mode you set ( light or dark one )

et voila ...

Since OS allows both modes or mixed , things are little bit more complicated

Donkuz
November 21st, 2019, 12:56 AM
Hi all ( and Donkuz specially :Smug:as I saw his request few days ago somewhere )

Here is how you can change notification icon and sound volume too without hack , although it is a bit tricky ....This is the way I found on my own but be aware you have to stick with windows text font color you choose for. It will set the navigation pane items and for some other parts to that color without changing the whole system one.

1) Pick a choosen color for windows text in WSB ( Fonts, Colors, & System Metrics > Fonts & System Metrics ) you want to apply to this icon
2) go to windows settings and color , set LIGHT mode for windows mode whatever app mode you set ( light or dark one )

et voila ...

Since OS allows both modes or mixed , things are little bit more complicatedThanks for this Mate my text was already colored all I had to do was switch to windows light mode, Its a shame the Digital clock Time don't stay the same when you change to medium sized Icons and the Start button weirds out to, but none the less its a good thing to know Thanks again.
:Peace:Cheerz!!

innuendo
November 21st, 2019, 03:24 PM
You welcome :) ( you also took notice it change volume icon color too )

Dark Knight
November 22nd, 2019, 02:05 PM
This would be perfect if it worked in dark mode ............. :sigh:

innuendo
November 22nd, 2019, 06:24 PM
Yep DK :) I gave an easy way to do that for people who don't want to patch files . That's why I'm still feeling some frustration for customizing with these 2 modes at once not to mention there is also MDL font used to theme parts like start menu