PDA

View Full Version : Theme Port for my birthday

Raiderman68
January 12th, 2020, 07:06 PM
Ive used this theme for a long time on my Windows 7 install. I was wondering if anyone would be interested in porting this to Windows 10?
I just dont know enough to get it done, or if it is even possible. BTW today is my BD :)

https://www.deviantart.com/steel89/art/Cur7ed-Beta-Visual-Style-185687277

Raiderman68
January 18th, 2020, 02:30 PM
Ok, maybe for my wedding anniversary? Which is today BTW.... :)

Donkuz
January 19th, 2020, 12:18 AM
Ok, maybe for my wedding anniversary? Which is today BTW.... :)Sorry Dude but this theme is Copyright and Modification Protected, Have you tried getting in touch with The Creator yet ?
That's probley your Best Bet. It looks like a really nice Theme, if you make a Donation He might Port it for you,
Good Luck Mate:Peace:Cheerz!!

Raiderman68
January 21st, 2020, 11:25 PM
I wonder if it is because I linked the beta version. I have the last one he released, and it was a Release candidate. He never released a final version. I have modified the progress bars to blue, in the version I have, so I think it is able to be modified. I just cant seem to use it with Windows 10. Of course I dont know whats involved in the porting process. Thanks for replying. I will also try to get in touch with the author.

Raiderman68
January 22nd, 2020, 12:00 AM
I seen the legal disclaimer at the link I gave you. I did send him a message, but not holding much hope for a response. Here is the link to his last release of that theme.
https://www.deviantart.com/steel89/art/Cur7ed-RC1-1-Visual-Style-217335878

Raiderman68
January 25th, 2020, 01:14 PM
Im getting closer to how I want startisback to look using RH, however changing text colors via stylebuilder breaks the theme. What are you guys using for editing start is back theme

Donkuz
January 25th, 2020, 10:49 PM
I use Windows Style Builder for the start menu and Taskbar Editing.

Raiderman68
January 26th, 2020, 12:01 AM
Not having a lot of luck with windows style builder. For some reason it breaks the theme. I found Mystyle editor is working. I have everything except the taskbar itself, and the, not sure what its called, right click menu on taskbar, done as I wish. I just need those two things, and I think I can finally be happy :) Any direction would be appreciated. I need to know where to change the text color for the menu highlighted in red. When changing the taskbar image, I get 2 black areas in the blue highlighted area, and under the start button. Any help would be great.

Donkuz
January 26th, 2020, 01:10 AM
Sorry Mate, I only use WSB for Making and Modifying themes and it should work right for you to, its the only thing you really need, Tweeking it with other programs before your finished with WSB might cause a problem. The areas your looking for is the Immersive Context Menu and the Taskbar Notifications Flyout Area (I don't know much about Changing the Time and Date CPL) I believe you can use RES Hacker for that or a Similar program, Anyway I hope I was some help let me know how you go Goodluck.:Peace:Cheerz!!

Raiderman68
February 2nd, 2020, 02:55 PM
I got most of it figured out now. I was using vista style builder, and not the new beta WSB :bored: . I downloaded Mr. Grims updated WSB with the Win 10 style hacks integrated, and also use mystleEditor. The taskbar glitch, i havent figured out yet, but I am sure I will eventually get it sorted. Thanks for the reply's.

Raiderman68
February 10th, 2020, 11:15 PM
Got most of it ported myself....Happy Birthday to me :) Some polishing here and there yet to do, but overall, becoming happy with it.

Donkuz
February 11th, 2020, 02:09 AM
Got most of it ported myself....Happy Birthday to me :) Some polishing here and there yet to do, but overall, becoming happy with it.

8559585596Well Done Bro, Congratulation's The Desktop looks Mad with the Rainmeter side panels and that smick Wallpaper, Explorer could do with some work unless that's how you like it but give yourself a Big pat on the back for taking the initiative to work it out for yourself, everything you need is here you just have to work out how to use it, or ask someone who Knows what there doing for Help. I wouldn't mind a better look if your keen to share it or if you need a hand finishing it off, anyway Nice Work Mate and Happy Birthday-Anniversary,
I got Married on my Birthday too :Peace:Cheerz!!

Raiderman68
February 12th, 2020, 10:06 PM
Thanks man, I found an old tutorial online from quite a few years ago, but it helped with a lot of things. The side panel is actually a Samurize config that hasnt really been updated since the XP days. I used to be a moderator on their site way back when. I want to get some blur integrated in the explorer top frame so I can read the text better. Eventually want to port many of these attributes into a dark theme maybe. I dont have a problem sharing it with you, but its two themes. Startisback for the start menu and taskbar, then WSB for the rest.

Raiderman68
February 15th, 2020, 02:47 PM
Let me know what you do with it. I would be interested to see what you have done with it.

Raiderman68
February 26th, 2020, 10:59 PM
Hey Donkuz, by any chance, do you know where this is located? It also shows up in the explorer resizing arrow at the lower right corner.

Donkuz
February 26th, 2020, 11:34 PM
Hey Donkuz, by any chance, do you know where this is located? It also shows up in the explorer resizing arrow at the lower right corner.G Day Mate, I found the SizeBox for all areas by just typing in the WSB Search Box "SizeBox" and it should give you a list of all the locations in the tree, Below is my WSB Opened with the locations.

I hope this Helps

Raiderman68
February 27th, 2020, 07:29 PM
Thank you Brother @Donkuz

Raiderman68
February 29th, 2020, 01:05 PM
Dont know if this is a bug, or something to do with the porting of Windows 7 theme, but the sizebox is supposed to have a transparent background. What actually changes for me is the fillcolor for the sizebox, and I dont know why it even has a fillcolor, since its supposed to be transparent. If I make multiple other changes in WSB, I will always have to go back to the fillcolor setting and change it to the color of my choice, or it will revert back to black.
Also, do you know where the copy dialog graph images are? Thanks for all your help Bro!

Donkuz
March 1st, 2020, 12:34 AM
Dont know if this is a bug, or something to do with the porting of Windows 7 theme, but the sizebox is supposed to have a transparent background. What actually changes for me is the fillcolor for the sizebox, and I dont know why it even has a fillcolor, since its supposed to be transparent. If I make multiple other changes in WSB, I will always have to go back to the fillcolor setting and change it to the color of my choice, or it will revert back to black.
Also, do you know where the copy dialog graph images are? Thanks for all your help Bro!Gday, Raiderman. Ok Im pretty sure the Copy Dialog Graph Settings for this uses the images and Settings from The Taskmanager, and can be found Here in my screenshot below. As far as the resizing box goes I've noticed that it varies From Light Mode and Dark Mode, if you bring up the Save as Window in Dark and then in Light you will see what I mean, anyway let me know how ya go, it may be a Glitch.
I Hope this Helps Bro.

Raiderman68
March 1st, 2020, 12:50 AM
Thanks Bro, I found it with your help. Here is the location FYI, in my screenshot.