PDA

View Full Version : SecureUxTheme ....without changing system files

ironheart
February 25th, 2020, 04:46 PM
SecureUxTheme

Salve Ragazzi,

... a new way to install themes ... without changing system files.

I'm pretty impressed with it ...

it reminds me of the theme resource changer that I still use on win7 ... cyberfox-theme razoredge

Namazso has put something great on its feet .. and it looks like it runs smoothly ... and also lets hope that further system updates will have no negative effects on implemented themes.

The three notorious theme files in the system should still be owned as admin .... everything else can be found in the pdf file.

Actually, I don't like win 10 ... not a bit ... but with the ease of installing SecureUxTheme, it becomes at least visually more delicious.

Thumbs up !

Ironheart

more at:

https://github.com/namazso/SecureUxTheme

Installation instructions and the active link again in this pdf :

ミறѳѳղղįզվદ彡
February 25th, 2020, 09:34 PM
hello only one info (patching) Themeui.dll and Uxinit.dll files in the System32 directory
do not have effect on Windows updates because working on the default file version

innuendo
February 27th, 2020, 09:32 AM
I knew this app for months now , it can be useful and harmless to use it for applying themes as theme signature bypass.

The only sidedown I found ( since dev fixed some annoying transparency issues ) at that time is for theme creators to be obsolete when testing under wsb since it doesn't bypass themes testing digitally unsigned.

So I left away.

macos
March 16th, 2020, 08:13 PM
good app

nnq2603
March 23rd, 2020, 02:34 AM
it reminds me of the theme resource changer that I still use on win7 ...
I took a look at github.com/namazso/SecureUxTheme, and it doesn't mention anything regard theme resource changer's ability. Just looks like a typical sign bypasser to apply custom theme, isn't it? I were looking for something similar to Theme Resource Changer (win7) for Win10 but never found one. The features I refer to is ability to read inside
"C:\Windows\Resources\Themes\***\Shell32.dll"
"C:\Windows\Resources\Themes\***\explorerframe.dll"
etc...
look inside those folders and apply resource from them without modifying the actual shell32.dll or similar dynamic library.