PDA

View Full Version : Weird color issue? Windows 10

pidgetpn
March 23rd, 2020, 11:14 AM
Hoo boy, I feel really bad about this because I can't remember how the crap I got it to work right before, but this is happening.

https://gyazo.com/101874214aa882cca937794920cd3f21

I'm in dark mode, the theme is applying correctly everywhere else, but my explorer is doing this. I can't read anything unless I've clicked on in, and it also applies to searching in my start menu. What do I need to do in order to fix this? The only thing fixing it is switching to a different colored HUD Machine (I have blue) or just a regular Windows theme (which I don't want).

J4M3SX019
March 23rd, 2020, 11:53 AM
IF YOUR WINDOWS 10 IS ON 1909 THE THEME NEEDS TO BE 1903/1909 OR IF ITS ON THIS THAN USE OldNewExplorer 1.1.9 TO SEE IF THAT HELPS

pidgetpn
March 23rd, 2020, 12:03 PM
So others know for later, J4M3S also sent me a private message about this and I was reminded that I might have the wrong version of the theme.

There doesn't seem to be a 1903 version of the Red theme so I'm testing Apocalypse real fast.

pidgetpn
March 23rd, 2020, 01:16 PM
Update! I got things to work again. My particular brand of autism makes me forget things regularly if I don't frequently do the thing, so I had absolutely forgotten how I'd fixed it last time. This time was a bit different, but it's been worked out! :D

longlivekrhoakz5
March 23rd, 2020, 02:01 PM
howasit

Donkuz
March 23rd, 2020, 11:47 PM
[QUOTE=pidgetpn;347757]So others know for later, J4M3S also sent me a private message about this and I was reminded that I might have the wrong version of the theme.

There doesn't seem to be a 1903 version of the Red theme so I'm testing Apocalypse real fast.[/QUOTE Hey Guys, Im pretty sure Mr Grim has Updated the HUD series and I just tested it and it works fine, The only Issue I found as with nearly all Themes now, was when you put your Computer into sleep mode when it awakens some of the panels a messed up if you haven't applied the Remove Default Colours Reg Tweek or just sign out and back in again it will right it's self.
Mr Grim's Apocalypse Theme for 1903[H1] and up, and it wont work on any earlier builds as they use different resources.
https://virtualcustoms.net/showthread.php/83709-HUD-Apocalypse-Windows-10-19H1?p=343241&viewfull=1#post343241

hunteds911
May 5th, 2020, 02:48 PM
I have an odd issue after applying the remove default color reg. My logoff background color is now blue. I can't get it to change to my accent color. But if I restore the Default color keys my accent color now changes my log off color like it should. Any ideas or which value this is checking against?

hunteds911
May 5th, 2020, 03:29 PM
Found it sort of...
If you only restore the following keys you can set the logoff background colors using the accent color. The issue is that the backgrounds of some windows will be black or whatever hex code for color you put in.

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Themes\DefaultColors]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Themes\DefaultColors\HighContrast]
"Window"=dword:00000000

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Themes\DefaultColors\Standard]
"Window"=dword:00000000

hunteds911
May 5th, 2020, 04:01 PM
If there is another way please let me know. I am working around it for now. Is there another key I should be looking at?

ceo54
May 5th, 2020, 06:15 PM
I have no idea about Windows 10 but in Windows 8.1 these entries control the Metro Colors

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Accent]
"StartColor"=dword:ff000000
"AccentColor"=dword:ff303030

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Accent]
"DefaultStartColor"=dword:ff000000

Note: HKCU is the one user specific while HKLM is the one system wide. Changing HKLM will change your background color even before the user is created or user profile is loaded For Example : In OOBE and Recovery.

Note2: The values are in Hexadecimal. You can convert your RGB to Hex with Rapidtables.

Note3: The prefix FF should always be there, it implies that color is opaque and not transparent.

hunteds911
May 6th, 2020, 11:56 AM
I will try that instead and see. I do not run into the blue log off background unless I remove the HKLM keys for removing the default color. I do this to is to resolve the theme / color issue when coming back from sleep.