PDA

View Full Version : Black Glass Enhanced stopped working

mkpcxxl
April 15th, 2020, 05:08 PM
Hi friends, on two of my PC's Black Glass Enhanced 0.5 has stopped to work correctly since the last Win 10 1909 patchday update (KB4549951).
In the most of my themes there are no changes if BGE 0.5 is running or not. Before the patchday it has worked correctly. Glass effect with a little blur.
And now the funny thing of it. With the Blue Neon theme it's still working but complete clear without blur. This means that for example the explorer is unable to read.

I know there is an alternative with System Transparency but it's not the same. BGE 0.5 changes in the explorer only the zone of the treeview and the listview,
Statusbar, menubar, titlebar and so on haven't changed. With System Transparency this parts also get clear and this is what I don't like.

Perhaps anybody here can help to find a solution.

Regards
mkpcxxl:unhappy:

ninjspks
April 15th, 2020, 08:42 PM
Hi friends, on two of my PC's Black Glass Enhanced 0.5 has stopped to work correctly since the last Win 10 1909 patchday update (KB4549951).
In the most of my themes there are no changes if BGE 0.5 is running or not. Before the patchday it has worked correctly. Glass effect with a little blur.
And now the funny thing of it. With the Blue Neon theme it's still working but complete clear without blur. This means that for example the explorer is unable to read.

I know there is an alternative with System Transparency but it's not the same. BGE 0.5 changes in the explorer only the zone of the treeview and the listview,
Statusbar, menubar, titlebar and so on haven't changed. With System Transparency this parts also get clear and this is what I don't like.

Perhaps anybody here can help to find a solution.

Regards
mkpcxxl:unhappy:

The issue is with aero glass

[0x678:0x66C] C:\AeroGlass\DWMGlass.dll has been injected into dwm.exe.
[2020-04-15 22:07:03][0x678:0x66C] dwm.exe process crashed several times. DLL injection has been stopped.
sadly it is above my head, I can probably come up w something more like windows 10 fluent using autohotkey, but tht wont be quick.

mkpcxxl
April 15th, 2020, 09:20 PM
The issue is with aero glass

[0x678:0x66C] C:\AeroGlass\DWMGlass.dll has been injected into dwm.exe.
[2020-04-15 22:07:03][0x678:0x66C] dwm.exe process crashed several times. DLL injection has been stopped.
sadly it is above my head, I can probably come up w something more like windows 10 fluent using autohotkey, but tht wont be quick.

Thanks for the reply and you know what, I also thought it could be a problem with aeroglass. I've tried to install it new and during the process of install there was a quick closing window with an error.
It closes so fast, that it was impossible to see it. I saw only an icon in my taskbar with a red cross in it.

So hopefully we will get a new version of aeroglass that fixed the problems.

Regards
mkpcxxl

innuendo
April 16th, 2020, 07:29 AM
The real problem doesn't come from Big Muscle Aeroglass but windows itself lol with its updates . It's being a while since I decided to stick with 18362.628 and only updates security MANUALLY. I'm quite satisfied since I have Sandbox / clipboad history / Timeline and search feature ( before broked under 1909 ) working fine :) and all of my customisation working as I want.

ninjspks
April 17th, 2020, 07:46 PM
You are possibly missing out on the benefits of the new DWM, which imho runs the best it ever has.

aramrahgozar
April 18th, 2020, 02:39 PM
The real problem doesn't come from Big Muscle Aeroglass but windows itself lol with its updates . It's being a while since I decided to stick with 18362.628 and only updates security MANUALLY. I'm quite satisfied since I have Sandbox / clipboad history / Timeline and search feature ( before broked under 1909 ) working fine :) and all of my customisation working as I want.

I did the same.

You are possibly missing out on the benefits of the new DWM, which imho runs the best it ever has.

I prefer have pretty windows:f: