PDA

View Full Version : New user : HI there

supra
May 26th, 2020, 10:10 AM
HI everyone,
I always spend time to customize windows, and now that i finally set a new fressh and complete method to install seven correctly, i got a probelem, my theme dosn't work anymore .
so i got to learn several methods..
i enjoy many ways to learn and do it but i lack of knowledge so i'm writting down everything i can to set up a good clean theme.
i used to like dark/ grey (not black ) theme, but i realize that in my laptop, every bar is often too dark to be read easily so i go on for a new type..maybe something like ffox theme or racy or 7 pro .
i used to love and use blueberry theme but it's not enough complete to me , so , if my learning go in a way that i'll like, i'll perform more change on it so that i can use it again.
i'm here to lear method to install themes on 7 sp 1, ( build seems to be /are important too..)

Nimbi
May 26th, 2020, 03:13 PM
HI everyone,
I always spend time to customize windows, and now that i finally set a new fressh and complete method to install seven correctly, i got a probelem, my theme dosn't work anymore .
i enjoy many ways to learn and do it but i lack of knowledge so i'm writting down everything i can to set up a good clean theme.
i used to like dark/ grey (not black ) theme, but i realize that in my laptop, every bar is often too dark to be read easily so i go on for a new type..maybe something like ffox theme or racy or 7 pro .
i used to love and use blueberry theme but it's not enough complete to me , so , if my learning go in a way that i'll like, i'll perform more change on it so that i can use it again.
i'm here to lear method to install themes on 7 sp 1, ( build seems to be /are important too..)
Hello, I would suggest using the tools below for making themes work on Windows 7:

UxThemePatcher (https://www.syssel.net/hoefs/software_uxtheme.php?lang=en)
Theme Resource Changer (https://virtualcustoms.net/showthread.php/30902-Theme-Resource-Changer-no-more-dll-editing)

Install those in the order listed. You will need to restart your system after each one. Be sure to make a system restore point before installing either of those as well. Once you have done that you should be able to run custom visual styles fine on Windows 7. All Windows 7 Visual Styles here should support Theme Resource Changer.

Elond
May 26th, 2020, 06:00 PM
HI everyone,

Hello, I would suggest using the tools below for making themes work on Windows 7:

UxThemePatcher (https://www.syssel.net/hoefs/software_uxtheme.php?lang=en)
Theme Resource Changer (https://virtualcustoms.net/showthread.php/30902-Theme-Resource-Changer-no-more-dll-editing)

Install those in the order listed. You will need to restart your system after each one. Be sure to make a system restore point before installing either of those as well. Once you have done that you should be able to run custom visual styles fine on Windows 7. All Windows 7 Visual Styles here should support Theme Resource Changer.

welcome brow o/
yeaaah Supra,i need learn too because i want build some themes one day...

thanks a lot Nimbi for your anser,this is very useful for me too ^.^

Robbo
May 26th, 2020, 06:24 PM
Hi and a warm welcome to V.C supra (https://virtualcustoms.net/supra), plenty of people here to give you good advice on how to customize your computer and the best themes available.

supra
May 30th, 2020, 06:38 AM
thanks for this positive feedback
i'm sure it will help me very much

im gonna uninstall soft i install for this, clean and test using advices given here.
Be sure 'ill comme to explain and comment results

supra
May 30th, 2020, 06:49 AM
by the way

i used to build themes
with others theme software
windows blind
custo pack
winstep
dreamscape
i love qttabar can't lve without..:)
everytime i can customize things because i can, i do it.
winamp, customize roll papers for cigarettes, icons, backgrounds,prints..

i'm used to work with Photoshop, no problem to create and modify

i talked aboiut my favourite theme : blueberry above, in fact i should have quote correctly the full name: space blueberry créee par neiio
already made some mod on it because button on top bar were not visible, post on deviant done.

Elond
June 4th, 2020, 08:51 PM
by the way

i used to build themes
with others theme software
windows blind
custo pack
winstep
dreamscape
i love qttabar can't lve without..:)
everytime i can customize things because i can, i do it.
winamp, customize roll papers for cigarettes, icons, backgrounds,prints..

i'm used to work with Photoshop, no problem to create and modify

i talked aboiut my favourite theme : blueberry above, in fact i should have quote correctly the full name: space blueberry créee par neiio
already made some mod on it because button on top bar were not visible, post on deviant done.

hmmm thats nice,why you dont share your themes and custom stuff on VC brow???
i mean,if you want of course... =))