PDA

View Full Version : Semantics X

devillnside
June 17th, 2020, 03:55 PM
Semantics X
Theme for Windows 10 20H1, 19H2, & 19H1 Builds

Supports 100% scaling settings only

How To:
You'll need your system patched with UXThemePatcher.

UltraUXThemePatcher:
https://www.syssel.net/hoefs/software_uxtheme.php?lang=en

You'll also need 'StartIsBack' to apply the start menu & taskbar style & 'OldNewExplorer' for windows explorer to look exactly like it is in the screenshot.

StartIsBack:
https://www.startisback.com/

OldNewExplorer:
https://msfn.org/board/topic/170375-oldnewexplorer-118/

Installation:
a)Extract the contents of the 'Theme' folder & copy them to:
C:\Windows\Resources\Themes
b)From Personalization, select & apply the theme.

Additional:
Check the 'SIB Settings' screenshots included in the zip for theme specific settings in StartIsBack.

Disable new addressbar & searchbox feature of Windows 10 1909:
Windows 10 1909 aka 19H2 features an addressbar & searchbox which is wider than any before.
To restore the old searchbox & addressbar, from the 'Disbale Enable 1909 New Search' folder,
run the 'Disable New Search.cmd' file to disable & alternatively run the 'Enable New Search.cmd' file as administrator to re-enable the new addressbar & searchbox.

Big thanks to Mr GRiM (https://virtualcustoms.net/member.php/1-Mr-GRiM) for sharing these.

Extras:
Semantics Logon/Lockscreens in 1920x1080 & 2560x1440 resolutions.

Credits:
Mr GRiM (https://virtualcustoms.net/member.php/1-Mr-GRiM): This theme was inspired partly by his HUD Evolution (https://virtualcustoms.net/showthread.php/37830-HUD-Evolution) theme.

Enjoy.

Download:

easel
June 17th, 2020, 09:11 PM
Awesome work bro & i didnt have to ask you this time hehe..!!! Stunning work bro was loking forward to this on my desktop..Many thanks for the work & share dude..:burns::burns:daman:allgood: ps. Hope you guys & family keeping well?!:Peace::loving:

Ultimitmale
June 17th, 2020, 10:24 PM
The Devil has gone good again, must be a touch of an angel in there somewhere - thank you bud this is amazing :applouse:

devillnside
June 18th, 2020, 03:25 AM
Awesome work bro & i didnt have to ask you this time hehe..!!! Stunning work bro was loking forward to this on my desktop..Many thanks for the work & share dude..:burns::burns:daman:allgood: ps. Hope you guys & family keeping well?!:Peace::loving:

doing well so far mate.. thnx for asking .. my best to you & yours...stay safe bro & enjoy

devillnside
June 18th, 2020, 03:27 AM
The Devil has gone good again, must be a touch of an angel in there somewhere - thank you bud this is amazing :applouse:

lmao2 LOLZ!! no problem mate... enjoy!!!

Ultimitmale
June 19th, 2020, 10:34 PM
Been using this theme for a few days now, yup still amazong ;)

devillnside
June 19th, 2020, 11:03 PM
Been using this theme for a few days now, yup still amazong ;)

thanks mate... i'm glad you like it

kakkooran
June 20th, 2020, 05:45 AM
Thank your for your amazing work.I am a noob and have a question.What's that 'control preview' in Screen shot?

devillnside
June 20th, 2020, 02:43 PM
Thank your for your amazing work.I am a noob and have a question.What's that 'control preview' in Screen shot?

that's part of windows style builder..lets you see all the themeable controls all at once

kakkooran
June 21st, 2020, 05:29 AM
Thank you.one more question,how i can get that?

devillnside
June 21st, 2020, 08:03 PM
Thank you.one more question,how i can get that?

windows style builder is for creating windows themes.. it's a paid software:

vistastylebuilder.com/

MOST_WASTED
July 22nd, 2020, 04:52 AM
Great job Dev luv the theme. I have a question though, how come blackglass doesn't work on it? Im on win10 2004
windows theme - 87042
yours - 87043
Im pretty out of touch with customizing these days sorry, but is that normal with 3rd party themes on windows10?

innuendo
July 22nd, 2020, 09:24 AM
Great job Dev luv the theme. I have a question though, how come blackglass doesn't work on it? Im on win10 2004
windows theme - 87042
yours - 87043
Im pretty out of touch with customizing these days sorry, but is that normal with 3rd party themes on windows10?

AFAIK, BlackGlassEnhanced is working with aeroglass to be able to apply its effect. Pb is aeroglass doesn't work anymore with 2004 version, so BGE can't work .
On your screen it seems you made it work til 21 july , i suppose you didn't upgrade to 2004 at that moment otherwise you made it work in another way or using something else to get a dark transparent background .
That said , I might be wrong

MOST_WASTED
July 24th, 2020, 06:36 AM
AFAIK, BlackGlassEnhanced is working with aeroglass to be able to apply its effect. Pb is aeroglass doesn't work anymore with 2004 version, so BGE can't work .
On your screen it seems you made it work til 21 july , i suppose you didn't upgrade to 2004 at that moment otherwise you made it work in another way or using something else to get a dark transparent background .
That said , I might be wrong

I upgraded at the end of June from 1903. Blackglass did not work on 1903 at all. I have this habit of trying out Blackglass on every windows10 build i install ever since it started working again on the 1803 i think it was. As far as i know 1803 and 2004 are the only ones where blackglass works.

Try using blackglass with one of the themes windows came with, it should work for you too if you're on 2004.

i dont know either though. Maybe you are right and i did do something thats making it work lol

innuendo
July 24th, 2020, 08:07 AM
I upgraded at the end of June from 1903. Blackglass did not work on 1903 at all. I have this habit of trying out Blackglass on every windows10 build i install ever since it started working again on the 1803 i think it was. As far as i know 1803 and 2004 are the only ones where blackglass works.

Try using blackglass with one of the themes windows came with, it should work for you too if you're on 2004.

i dont know either though. Maybe you are right and i did do something thats making it work lol
LOl Most_wasted :Smile:

ok , I just made few tests and my bad , you right for BGE . I always thought aeroglass to be mandatory for working blackglass ah ah . Reason I think is running BGE without it is just for me unreadable ( only transparency and not the aeroglass settings like blur unvailable etc )
So here are my thoughts under windows 2004 :
- BlackGlassEnhanced still works with a dark custom theme as expected .
- DevilInside semantics X doesn't allow it in my humble opinion ( better is to ask him toe be sure ) He has already did as sometimes made some parts with images and not ARGB colors under style builder.

If I'm right ( this time lol ) , you could edit that for main explorer in WSB

I tested other themes dark that work with BGE and 2004 so I 'm pretty sure the reason is this theme responsible .

MOST_WASTED
July 24th, 2020, 05:46 PM
LOl Most_wasted :Smile:

ok , I just made few tests and my bad , you right for BGE . I always thought aeroglass to be mandatory for working blackglass ah ah . Reason I think is running BGE without it is just for me unreadable ( only transparency and not the aeroglass settings like blur unvailable etc )
So here are my thoughts under windows 2004 :
- BlackGlassEnhanced still works with a dark custom theme as expected .
- DevilInside semantics X doesn't allow it in my humble opinion ( better is to ask him toe be sure ) He has already did as sometimes made some parts with images and not ARGB colors under style builder.

If I'm right ( this time lol ) , you could edit that for main explorer in WSB

I tested other themes dark that work with BGE and 2004 so I 'm pretty sure the reason is this theme responsible .

yup that could be it, thanks. Maybe his theme colors was only 24bit without the alpha channel. I will try changing it and see if it'll work.

Feels great using blackglass again, doesn't it? There's really nothing quite like it. The way it worked on 1803 was perfect, even on 3rd party themes. If only it stayed that way

innuendo
July 25th, 2020, 08:50 AM
yup that could be it, thanks. Maybe his theme colors was only 24bit without the alpha channel. I will try changing it and see if it'll work.

Feels great using blackglass again, doesn't it? There's really nothing quite like it. The way it worked on 1803 was perfect, even on 3rd party themes. If only it stayed that way

Here is I how made BGE work on main explorer pane . Devilinside used a plain color image as folder background so you can use a transparent PNG image to replace .
I was too lazy to disable aeroglass on my girlfriend computer when testing lol but it should do the job for transparent effect in case you are not using aeroglass app but only BlackGlassEnhanced .

https://imgur.com/a/ZNvSNyS

I'm using legacy windows style builder but to make it easier I put the full path where to edit image under last Mr Grim updated WSB ( 1903 & 1909 )

Windows 10 Dark Mode > Explorer & Shell > Explorer > Items View > ItemsView > Folder background

I didn't without DevilInside permission upload modded file so here is just WSB location Good luck

devillnside
July 26th, 2020, 06:55 PM
windows theme - 87042
yours - 87043

i think that's because i used a texture under
Explorer & Shell > Explorer > Items View > ItemsView > Folder background
& under
Windows 10 Dark Mode > Explorer & Shell > Explorer > Items View > ItemsView > Folder background
you need to remove the image files @ both these locations & only keep the FILLCOLOR property for each.. as for the nav pane i think i can see some transparency there or maybe it's placebo & i'm seeing things!!!:cheeky: should work after that!!!

devillnside
July 26th, 2020, 06:56 PM
Here is I how made BGE work on main explorer pane . Devilinside used a plain color image as folder background so you can use a transparent PNG image to replace .
I was too lazy to disable aeroglass on my girlfriend computer when testing lol but it should do the job for transparent effect in case you are not using aeroglass app but only BlackGlassEnhanced .

https://imgur.com/a/ZNvSNyS

I'm using legacy windows style builder but to make it easier I put the full path where to edit image under last Mr Grim updated WSB ( 1903 & 1909 )

I didn't without DevilInside permission upload modded file so here is just WSB location Good luck

you're more than welcome to upload it mate.. it's all good with me

MOST_WASTED
July 27th, 2020, 03:48 AM
very cool:cold2: Thanks fellas.