PDA

View Full Version : Star Trek by Razorsedge for Win10 (20H1)

nnq2603
July 11th, 2020, 05:52 AM
This Star Trek theme was ported to Win10 but not fully and lack some details in original one. I got this one from internet and decide to fix some lack details (Taskbar thumbnail preview, close caption,...) and fully compatible with Win 10 2004 (20H1)

Win 7 original theme (https://virtualcustoms.net/showthread.php/67978-Star-Trek-Renegade-Edition/)

Feel free delete this post if it violated any rule in forum.
Note: the font used is Tahoma. I haven't reimport string file of fonts from original but If demanded I would bring back original font (the file uploaded as is, I hadn't saved version with original fonts)

devillnside
July 11th, 2020, 08:40 PM
i see you haven't wasted any time getting to work on some themes... & already your first port posted!!! way to go!!! :peace:

Dark Knight
July 11th, 2020, 09:02 PM
This Star Trek theme was ported to Win10 but not fully and lack some details in original one. I got this one from internet and decide to fix some lack details (Taskbar thumbnail preview, close caption,...) and fully compatible with Win 10 2004 (20H1)

Win 7 original theme (https://virtualcustoms.net/showthread.php/67978-Star-Trek-Renegade-Edition/)

Feel free delete this post if it violated any rule in forum.
Note: the font used is Tahoma. I haven't reimport string file of fonts from original but If demanded I would bring back original font (the file uploaded as is, I hadn't saved version with original fonts)

Nice job, however when we port themes we do not deviate from the original designers theme design, including fonts, if it is for your own use that is fine but when sharing is another story. Razorsedge , although he does not frequent the forum all that often anymore has given us permission to port his themes, however has NOT given us permission to alter or change his themes and I would like to honor that request.
The packaging is also missing the imageres.dll folder, background folder and cursors that came with the original theme.

pinkfloyder
July 12th, 2020, 04:42 AM
Looks great, give it a try. Many thanks!!

nnq2603
July 12th, 2020, 05:01 AM
@Dark Knight:
True, when I realize the font I usually use in custom themes wasn't everyone taste, I know that it's incompleted piece (not that I intended to alter the theme just a old habit to reformat all font to default one, I agree it should used the same ones as original font). Sorry about that. I did post link to original Win7 for cursors and wallpaper resource. When I first posted the topic, I didn't realize there should be conditions that I need to follow, so pls consider this one is an informal port. In case the topic didn't meet enough condition feel free edit/remove it. I agree to what you said.

Edit: After take a closer look at font, I notice that the base win10 version I used does not match to original Win7 one, there's different fonts in use some parts. So reimporting won't do. This requires manual fonts change, quite time consuming, so for the time being this task stays incompleted.
86998 86999

Mr GRiM
July 17th, 2020, 09:38 AM
Nice job, however when we port themes we do not deviate from the original designers theme design, including fonts, if it is for your own use that is fine but when sharing is another story. Razorsedge , although he does not frequent the forum all that often anymore has given us permission to port his themes, however has NOT given us permission to alter or change his themes and I would like to honor that request.
The packaging is also missing the imageres.dll folder, background folder and cursors that came with the original theme.

I on the other hand do not mind if you want to import, alter or customize to your liking any theme I have made, all that I ask is that you give me a mention in your post, I also don't mind where you post it, be it here or any other site, I think that Tucker would also feel the same way, we are just happy for people to enjoy our work and be creative.

ミறѳѳղղįզվદ彡
August 7th, 2020, 03:35 PM
good work with your first port
keep up the good work:peace:

tictac
March 5th, 2021, 01:06 PM
thanks a lot

nnq2603
June 3rd, 2021, 09:49 AM
A alternative menu version for this theme:
This theme was uploaded as is. Using like other themes, with your own risk. Only test in Windows 10 [Version 10.0.19041.985] 2004 (20H1) and lower (assume it works on 1903 to 2004).

*Known issue:

A little odd display of the (List, Details, Icon,... chosing list) menu. Maybe fixed later on other version.
Incorrect display of context menu in Firefox. This's mainly because the way Firefox interpret sizing margin (and maybe content margin) different than how Windows does it. To compensate this problem in Firefox, there's 2 options, 1. change Firefox context menu to custom style by css, 2. change PopupItem and Popupborder graphics in WSB but that will affect/change the looks of context menu different than what I currently aim for, so for now it stays like this.

nnq2603
June 4th, 2021, 10:16 AM
Newest files, download and replace old files. Changed some minor parts of msstyle to increase visibility of windows caption text in Maximized mode and Inactive maximized, View mode menu.

This's update only, you still need download the previous attachment compressed file (if haven't).