PDA

View Full Version : IMPORTANT NOTE for themes and Windows version 2009 ( 19042.421 /20h2 ) ++++

innuendo
July 28th, 2020, 01:57 PM
Hi all

Already running under Windows 20H2 ( 19042.421 to be public release ) , I wanted to warn people who custom their system or made themes like me for the following notes:

- StartScreen menu will provide you new tiles/ icons with the new default folder icon on app list for example and remove colored background there too
- Since this build , your system settings in the well known Control Panel ( like in windows 7 ) will use a new applet to launch the system infos ( about ) as immersive UI

Why is this noticeable for themes makers , is that you won't need anymore or be able to customize logo as before in classic control panel system page nor some of branding parts located there. I bet some day , control panel left side custom image and top one will be useless if all applets there are left one by one with time.

For me it's a downgrade after being enthusiast for the new startscreen design but after realized the control panel changes to come , I 'm not ready to leave our classic control panel for the immersive UI .

Still customizing explorer manager like under windows 7 and other parts in taskbar for example with SIB or WSB doesn't make sense to me if the old control panel we knew for long is about to be obsolete with future updates. MS in my humble opinion puts more inconsistency this way for custom themes , but I have the strong feeling it be very difficult to keep our beloved custom themes with the wish to have our system up to date in the same time .

It's surely a choice to make for each one I

This is the page you won't see no more when you update to 19042.421 . You just be redirected when clicking on usual link in classic CP to the new one in windows 10 settings immersive control panel . No more custom pictures lol

Better understanding with pictures !

New system panel" ...

devillnside
July 28th, 2020, 05:39 PM
Hi all

Already running under Windows 20H2 ( 19042.421 to be public release ) , I wanted to warn people who custom their system or made themes like me for the following notes:

- StartScreen menu will provide you new tiles/ icons with the new default folder icon on app list for example and remove colored background there too
- Since this build , your system settings in the well known Control Panel ( like in windows 7 ) will use a new applet to launch the system infos ( about ) as immersive UI

Why is this noticeable for themes makers , is that you won't need anymore or be able to customize logo as before in classic control panel system page nor some of branding parts located there. I bet some day , control panel left side custom image and top one will be useless if all applets there are left one by one with time.

For me it's a downgrade after being enthusiast for the new startscreen design but after realized the control panel changes to come , I 'm not ready to leave our classic control panel for the immersive UI .

Still customizing explorer manager like under windows 7 and other parts in taskbar for example with SIB or WSB doesn't make sense to me if the old control panel we knew for long is about to be obsolete with future updates. MS in my humble opinion puts more inconsistency this way for custom themes , but I have the strong feeling it be very difficult to keep our beloved custom themes with the wish to have our system up to date in the same time .

This is the page you won't see no more when you update to 19042.421 . You just be redirected when clicking on usual link in classic CP to the new one in windows 10 settings immersive control panel . No more custom pictures lol

New system panel" ...

well.. SHIT!!! :sigh: that definitely just ruined my day!!! nevertheless, thanks for the heads up mate...

innuendo
July 28th, 2020, 06:52 PM
well.. SHIT!!! :sigh: that definitely just ruined my day!!! nevertheless, thanks for the heads up mate...

Np my friend !
Cya:Smug:

Donkuz
July 29th, 2020, 01:08 AM
Hi all

New system panel" ...
87107Wow, What a bummer it looks like Im staying with 2004 20H1 for a while if this is whats coming:sad:What a choice, stay up to date or stay classic. This stinks pooh!!,
:Peace:Thanks for the heads up Innuendo:Peace:

innuendo
July 30th, 2020, 07:10 AM
You welcome mate ��

ミறѳѳղղįզվદ彡
August 24th, 2020, 10:05 PM
Hi all

New system panel" ...

Np my friend !
Cya:Smug:

Wow, What a bummer it looks like Im staying with 2004 20H1 for a while if this is whats coming:sad:What a choice, stay up to date or stay classic. This stinks pooh!!,
:Peace:Thanks for the heads up Innuendo:Peace:

You welcome mate ��
Microsoft Removed the System Control Panel
In this version of Windows, the classic “System” page in the Control Panel has been removed.
When you try to open it, you’ll be taken to the About page in the new Settings app.
This isn’t as big a deal as it sounds. All the information found in the Settings pane in Control Panel is available in the Settings app.
There’s a convenient “Copy” button to copy all the text to your clipboard
and you’ll even find buttons for opening advanced system settings like BitLocker settings (https://www.howtogeek.com/192894/how-to-set-up-bitlocker-encryption-on-windows/) and Device Manager at the bottom of the page.
This is just another step in Microsoft’s long, slow process of slowly phasing out the Control Panel (https://www.howtogeek.com/680990/dont-worry-windows-10s-control-panel-is-safe-for-now/).
The Control Panel won’t vanish any time soon, though—it has too many useful options and Microsoft is migrating them to the new Settings app very slowly.
https://virtualcustoms.net/Windows-10-20h2-The-beginning-of-the-end-for-Control-Panel (https://virtualcustoms.net/showthread.php/85844-Windows-10-20h2-The-beginning-of-the-end-for-Control-Panel-%28How-to-open-old-System%29?p=350114&viewfull=1#post350114)
and now sorry because i dont have free time for all responds and all other works
here is my tutorial
you can use old control panel on the w10 20h2 19042
just open control panel and put to the command bar
Control Panel\System and Security\System
and press enter
this open your old system info
and i think this be can updated in the new version of Start is back
for really skilled this (New redirect) can be replaced manually in the StartIsBackCfg.exe with Restorator .etc
but i am not owner of StartIsBack and i dont have permission for sharing this step with you sorry
in this time if you like w10 20h2 you can use this my step
Control Panel\System and Security\System
click on System (copy address) and create a new Shortcut
paste your new shortcut where you need

http://virtualcustoms.net/attachment.php?attachmentid=48540&d=1318781438

iklh0CtprdA

tistou77
August 30th, 2020, 02:06 PM
The shortcut for the old system window

explorer.exe shell:::{BB06C0E4-D293-4f75-8A90-CB05B6477EEE}

;)